Short fighters vs Tall Fighters

You'll probably have better luck in the clinch as a shorter guy.

Probably one of the most famous shorties in the game is Leif Leifsson

Since I've obtained him, I've put him on a small diet to make 205, but he's still very very short for it. He also has a lot of other things going for him like a great chin/heart and some KO power, which let's be honest... gives you a lot of flexibility haha.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've also got some really tall HWs (220 to 225cms) that have both made it to P4P #1 or #2 with me. Both have good to great KO power, but awful to ok chin. True lanky glass cannons, who sometimes don't do so well in the clinch. You can see Noah's last fight where I kind of forgot about it, and was not running his usual clinch sliders that emphasise getting out of it. That's what essentially lost him the fight, despite getting off to a good start standing against an opponent he's beaten before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daudy said:

You'll probably have better luck in the clinch as a shorter guy.

Probably one of the most famous shorties in the game is Leif Leifsson

Since I've obtained him, I've put him on a small diet to make 205, but he's still very very short for it. He also has a lot of other things going for him like a great chin/heart and some KO power, which let's be honest... gives you a lot of flexibility haha.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've also got some really tall HWs (220 to 225cms) that have both made it to P4P #1 or #2 with me. Both have good to great KO power, but awful to ok chin. True lanky glass cannons, who sometimes don't do so well in the clinch. You can see Noah's last fight where I kind of forgot about it, and was not running his usual clinch sliders that emphasise getting out of it.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=399629
Yeah, I did know that they had an advantage in grappling exchanges, but mike's still a little short in the light heavyweight division. Is it better to go counter or aggro with short dudes? I can see the advantages going both ways. 

5 minutes ago, Rando88 said:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=399629
Yeah, I did know that they had an advantage in grappling exchanges, but mike's still a little short in the light heavyweight division. Is it better to go counter or aggro with short dudes? I can see the advantages going both ways. 

To be honest, I probably have more experience with the lanky guys and I feel also aggro/counter tends to follow trends according to weightclass more so.

I think the answer depends on what you think your opponent will be doing to be honest.

31 minutes ago, Daudy said:

To be honest, I probably have more experience with the lanky guys and I feel also aggro/counter tends to follow trends according to weightclass more so.

I think the answer depends on what you think your opponent will be doing to be honest.

Makes sense. I know it's not related to the thread but are mike's primaries low for his ID? I'm seeing some 400k dudes with higher primaries than him, granted though a bunch of fighters were made in that timeline so they're really not as far apart as it would seem. 

7 hours ago, Rando88 said:

Makes sense. I know it's not related to the thread but are mike's primaries low for his ID? I'm seeing some 400k dudes with higher primaries than him, granted though a bunch of fighters were made in that timeline so they're really not as far apart as it would seem. 

Not really, just depends on what you train. Some people train more secondaries. Some people train more primaries but you should probably get your secondaries solid if you want your primaries to actually make a difference.