Fallen Stars?

So obviously the decline of YB Sol has been fairly public in the MMA Tycoon world. He's went from the undisputed p4p king to the loser of three straight (albeit all against very impressive opposition).

This isn't the first time a former CFC champion and #1 ranked p4p fighter has fallen apart.

Greg Chang's collapse has been even more epic. Something particularl surprising given that he's managed by former #1 manager Amy D.

Does anyone else have stories of former elite fighters gone south?

Apollo Creed used to be pretty good. Mickey Rourke doesn't seem able to get it together again. Steve Austin is on a bad streak. Joey Zizzmen is another of Amy D's fighters who has fallen apart.

Ervin Castillo seems to be back with the best again. Mike Mann made a short comeback a while ago.

Has it something to do with the hidden self confidence factor?

So obviously the decline of YB Sol has been fairly public in the MMA Tycoon world. He's went from the undisputed p4p king to the loser of three straight (albeit all against very impressive opposition).

This isn't the first time a former CFC champion and #1 ranked p4p fighter has fallen apart.

Greg Chang's collapse has been even more epic. Something particularl surprising given that he's managed by former #1 manager Amy D.

Does anyone else have stories of former elite fighters gone south?

I watched YB Sols career with interest (hell who didn't?) any thoughts on how this happened?

Mak Mclovin was a fighter who's career i used to follow closely when i had fighters in Chowprayer.

He was the HW champion there and 8-0 all via first round KO

Today he stands 9-4 and his last defeat in a little known St. Petes org came to a complete novice who was 1-0 going into that fight.

It has been an epic fall from grace:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=590

I watched YB Sols career with interest (hell who didn't?) any thoughts on how this happened?

He could never dictate where the fight goes cause his wrestling has always been weak.

This didn't become an issue until he began to face quality strikers with decent takedown defense.

He's also older and will have a hard time reinventing himself.

His tactics haven't been the best lately either. He won so many fights because he was able to control his opponents on the ground, he abandoned that strategy lately.

He moved down to lhw, so maybe he can reinvent himself.

Chang's biggest issue is that he has worst learning curve of any of my fighters. Chang is essentially the same fighter as when he was first created which is probably the reason behind his steep drop off. He's always been a small heavy weight so we'll see what he can manage at lhw. Zizzmen on the other hand.. I had invested so much time into him being able to handle grapplers that he's really struggled against strikers. He's always had a very strong clinch game, but it just doesn't seem to cut it against these top strikers so it's back to the drawing board for him. Chang is gonna be an interesting one.. but I wouldn't count Zizzmen out just yet

He could never dictate where the fight goes cause his wrestling has always been weak.

This didn't become an issue until he began to face quality strikers with decent takedown defense.

He's also older and will have a hard time reinventing himself.

His tactics haven't been the best lately either. He won so many fights because he was able to control his opponents on the ground, he abandoned that strategy lately.

I wonder if any of his losses had to do with the changes in the engine.

I am curious to see if Chang does better now that he's moved to his appropriate weight class at 205. He's never been a real HW, so maybe this will help him out.

But, to celebrate this thread (and the fighters' accomplishments in the CFC), we're going to see Chang vs Sol (205 lbs) at CFC 80 in a special legends match.

Mak Mclovin was a fighter who's career i used to follow closely when i had fighters in Chowprayer.

He was the HW champion there and 8-0 all via first round KO

Today he stands 9-4 and his last defeat in a little known St. Petes org came to a complete novice who was 1-0 going into that fight.

It has been an epic fall from grace:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=590

Mac was at his pinnacle when I first signed up. Followed him till he went down 3. Can't believe that shit. Hell I created one of my guys cause I wanted to have the First HW to beat him.