I need help from you guys!

Who won this fight?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Please read the commentary and pick who you would judge to win.

• Adrian Bacevich
    • Ivan Drago
    • This was a draw, sorry man

My org is having a tournament and there was a draw on today's card ...

I would like to use your feedback in helping determine who makes it to the second round - I have read the commentary 6 times and know how I would judge the fight but to be fair to the two fighters involved and to be less random then a coin toss I'd like your feedback.

Here is the fight link ...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=77406

Feel free to expand on your choice by commenting in the thread.

Thanks in advance for the feedback (and yes I realize they look the same which only makes this more disturbing).

Guest dunavon
My org is having a tournament and there was a draw on today's card ...

I would like to use your feedback in helping determine who makes it to the second round - I have read the commentary 6 times and know how I would judge the fight but to be fair to the two fighters involved and to be less random then a coin toss I'd like your feedback.

Here is the fight link ...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=77406

Feel free to expand on your choice by commenting in the thread.

Thanks in advance for the feedback (and yes I realize they look the same which only makes this more disturbing).

Drago won the first 2 rounds easily, its plain to see, as he took Bacevich down each round and Bacevich did nothing, never hit drago, he easily won 3ed round but first 2 were dragos, plain n simple!

Hi, nice that you ask the crowd.

I would say first round a draw

Start was a bit better for D

Than B catches up so it is even

Than B gets a bit dominant,

And at the end they are even.

Second round for B. Many takedowns stuffed. And after D dominates the ground, he can't hit B at all anymore with his GnP.

B starts a bit better

B gets real dominant

Than the ground gives D a good edge

Than B makes it even again,

the final minute B has a small advantage

Third round was just boring. But I give it to B

B just could force D into a fight that D didn't like.

So I would judge that they were both not landing much, but B had the fight in his style

Guest dunavon
Bacevich should get the win on account of stuffing 23 takedowns and actually doing some damage.

he did noth first 2 rounds, never hit drago though, so he lost firsts 2!

Having the referee do a stand up is good defense in my book which gives you points too.

The ground fighter is failing to do something on the ground.

Especially in the second round you can see that after Draco hits some GnP, he can't do shit anymore on the ground.

Bacevic actually did some nice hits too in the second round.

I would actually vote a draw too, but as you need a winner in this tournament, I'd say B

he did noth first 2 rounds, never hit drago though, so he lost firsts 2!

He defended 23 takedowns. The other fighter really did nothing. He landed about 3 groundstrikes. I would have given it to Bacevich, from the statistics alone. I didn't bother to read the whole fight commentary.

He defended 23 takedowns. The other fighter really did nothing. He landed about 3 groundstrikes. I would have given it to Bacevich, from the statistics alone. I didn't bother to read the whole fight commentary.

a fight can only be settled in the cage not the forums. set up part 2 and just give their opponent extra training time

Definitely Bacevich, he provided the only offence in the fight and he put on a clinic stopping takedowns and avoiding damage when Drago did manage to get him down.

I would have scored it the same as judge 2, 30-27 Bacevich.

Bacevich. Started taking over the fight and really hurt Drago with body punches. If he would have targeted the head a little more in the 3rd it would have been a KO. The second round was close but i'd give it to Bacevich due to damage and control, not aggression though.

I think if you run a tourney you should decide beforehand either whether the guy with lower or higher hype gets the win in case of a draw.

Excellent idea ... I will make this a part of all future turney type events ...

Thanks to all who have weighed in.

a fight can only be settled in the cage not the forums. set up part 2 and just give their opponent extra training time

I couldn't agree more.

I have to say though, why would any one fight with a white belt. Be a little more patient and at least train to blue. It's only woeful+. Would only take a week or 2. There are no successful white belts fighting in MMA in the real world. It's like watching Houston Alexander try to employ a strategy vs Kimbo that makes sense but he doesn't have the skills to actually bear fruit. All of a sudden he thinks he's a muay thai fighter when he's a boxer. Here is the case of a boxer thinking he's a wrestler. Of course this is not going to go well. Train something up. Sub offence, GNP....something.