CFC 85: Guerrero vs. Noriyuki II

Guerrero vs. Nori II  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win......

• Guerrero by Decision
    • Guerrero by KO
    • Nori by Decision
    • Nori by KO

Well a loss would give him an excuse to take some time off and train plus he would reinvent himself at MW. No reason to stick around LHW after losing to the champ 2 times in 2 weeks. Only way to become a top lhw again would be to either run through the MW division and make a triumphant return or to go to another org and try to take down their lhw champ. I don't want to leave CFC.

It's a great win or a blessing in disguise that is good for his career in the long term.

Tisk Tisk, and here you sent me a message saying you wanted to move up to Heavyweight and fight BJ Wood :shades: :spider:

Tisk Tisk, and here you sent me a message saying you wanted to move up to Heavyweight and fight BJ Wood :shades: :spider:

I said that would be interesting to do one day, i didn't mean tommorow :P

It's not like I called him out.

Well a loss would give him an excuse to take some time off and train plus he would reinvent himself at MW. No reason to stick around LHW after losing to the champ 2 times in 2 weeks. Only way to become a top lhw again would be to either run through the MW division and make a triumphant return or to go to another org and try to take down their lhw champ. I don't want to leave CFC.

It's a great win or a blessing in disguise that is good for his career in the long term.

I understand you dont want to leave CFC, but Dan Liddell is waiting for a challenge in the MIFC. Maybe a one fight deal?

In real life, if a fighter is worried about the takedown they will have to fight slightly stooped, which limits their ability to throw power punches because of their stance. So introducing takedowns can significantly improve the stand-up game. Probably doesn't translate into Tycoon though, although I think if you mix up your shots then you will land more often.

Despite the fact the Guerrero has ridiculous hidden attributes (Big heart, determined, experienced just from looking through his tale of the tapes, and obviously a damn good chin too being able to stand with Noryuki for so long.) I think his disadvantage via wonderful vs strong boxing primary is too big of a gap for him to expect to have anything but the lesser chance in the stand up battle. He should try to score some points with takedowns and work a decision IMO. Gotta pick Noriyuki by KO though.

Despite the fact the Guerrero has ridiculous hidden attributes (Big heart, determined, experienced just from looking through his tale of the tapes, and obviously a damn good chin too being able to stand with Noryuki for so long.) I think his disadvantage via wonderful vs strong boxing primary is too big of a gap for him to expect to have anything but the lesser chance in the stand up battle. He should try to score some points with takedowns and work a decision IMO. Gotta pick Noriyuki by KO though.

It's an accurate statement, but honestly I'd rather invest more time into training striking. Nori's ability to stop the takedown is somewhat unknown. I'm assuming it's pretty high just do to the fact that he has had a striking advantage in most fights and most likely spent some time training weaknesses because of it. It's difficult to judge the takedown defense ability of a guy that finishes ppl within 1 minute.

If my assumption about his takedown defense is correct then going for a takedown will just give him points. Considering Guerrero lasted 4 rounds, I feel like out pointing him on the feet is a little more likely.

It's not likely that Nori is going to pop boxing to sensational in 2 weeks. He just popped to wonderful a week before our fight and is 24. If I were to focus on wrestling and takedowns then the striking disadvantage would still be the same for the most part and there wouldnt be a guarantee of taking down Nori cause it's hard to determine his tdd ability. Now If I worked mroe on striking I could close the gap in striking ability and turn a 4 round ko loss into a 5 round split decision win or draw.

Either way what your talking about is what is going to happen, just not in time for this fight I think. Next training camp will most likely be a whole lot of wrestling, takedowns, and some gnp.

I understand you dont want to leave CFC, but Dan Liddell is waiting for a challenge in the MIFC. Maybe a one fight deal?

PM Matt Mac, it's up to him.

I go where he wants me to.

I said that would be interesting to do one day, i didn't mean tommorow :P

It's not like I called him out.

I know I was just teasing :smile_anim: And I wanted to use that Spider Emote.....

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently no one likes an underdog. Or maybe just no one likes this particular one?

Regardless, odds have been adjusted accordingly, so Pedro now has a huge pay-off.

Well he's the underdog because he already lost to Nori.

But I think that if you have two good strikers with KO power fighting anything can happen. So the few who took a chance on Pedro could, like me, enjoy some sweet sweet cash winnings.