Video Game Reviews

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg just completed Bayonetta, my brain is fried... that game is seriosuly mental!!

... and as for Darksiders, I've heard nothing but good stuff about that game, it's definately on my shopping list.

Bayonetta is a DMC clone cause I believe the creator of DMC made Bayonetta.

And....I think we can all agree one of the most entertaining game reviewers is the Angry Video Game Nerd!

My fave next gen games are:

Fallout 3 - Live for that game, perfect style for my personality and being very intrigued by the whole apocalypse the scenery sucked me in big time.

Mass Effect - Awesome game, played through it 3 times. Just about to play the second!

MW2 - Play online quite a bit

The Darkness - If you haven't played it give it a go, its actually quite badass at least for 1 playthrough...A bit older so you can probably find it in favorites or whatever.

NHL 10 - Amazing hockey game, personally love doing Be a GM, with a fantasy draft. Fun times.

FIFA 10 - Also awesome, although I really only know a few Football players its a lot harder to get into it as deep as NHL, but a great game.

And....I think we can all agree one of the most entertaining game reviewers is the Angry Video Game Nerd!

him and yahtzee from zero punctuation are the only two game reviewers that i watch

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

My fave next gen games are:

Fallout 3 - Live for that game, perfect style for my personality and being very intrigued by the whole apocalypse the scenery sucked me in big time.

Mass Effect - Awesome game, played through it 3 times. Just about to play the second!

MW2 - Play online quite a bit

The Darkness - If you haven't played it give it a go, its actually quite badass at least for 1 playthrough...A bit older so you can probably find it in favorites or whatever.

NHL 10 - Amazing hockey game, personally love doing Be a GM, with a fantasy draft. Fun times.

FIFA 10 - Also awesome, although I really only know a few Football players its a lot harder to get into it as deep as NHL, but a great game.

yeah that was a pretty sweet game. i never tried the multiplayer, cuz i heard it was garbage, but the single player was a lot of fun. pretty unique game.

calling Bayonetta a DMC cloneis just wrong...it may be the same genre but i have every DMC game (minus 4, but played the demo) and i can say bayonetta is leaps and bounds ahead of it. hours in and you will still be discovering new combos and ways to link and chain moves.plus Bayonetta is so damn freaking HAWT!!! (yes Lara, im cheating on you) got my wife jealous even...hehehe...and badass, she makes Dante look like a choir boy

Seen some nice looking shots of Batman 2, also Dead Space 2 could be good.

i absolutely LOVED dead space, and i'm not even a big fan of the survival/horror genre (i played the early resident evil games, but that's about it). the way in which they did the hud was so perfect, and really made the game so much more immersive. can't wait for another installment, so i can pwn fools with the line gun and ripper again :notworthy:

I owned a ps3 for over a year and recently sold it and went over to xbox (PS3 online servers are shit) so I've played a ton of games recently.

Uncharted was amazing and is the best exclusive game by either console, great story and immensely fun gameplay.

Love all the GTA4 series - these games have everything, the attention to detail is great, i don't care how repetitive the game-play is at the core, it's still so much fin and the story and characters of this series were something special. Niko and Roman were great, Brucie - hilarious and all the others in the add ons too, just great. Fantastic dialogue, a work of art. Driving cars in this game is more fun than most racer games.

Left 4 dead games are great between friends, not great graphics but the team play between 4 friends on the campaign can be really fun. Also Left 4 dead 2 boasts cool over the top B-movie gore!

FIFA10 - i love my footy and FIFA10 is the most amazing recreation of the game ever, long gone are the days of PES. Oh and on Ps3 i could never get a match to connect online, like 1 in 15 would work, on xbox i have never had one fail. Xbox live is well worth the £25 i paid for it.

Fallout 3 - I love it, Mad Max meets oblivion meets I am legend (feral ghouls), there's something about the post apocalyptic feel of the game i really love, and the added content has been overall good plus i love the custom weapons, different armours and customisation aspects of the game, great depth but not to everyone's pacing, me i love it though.

MW2 - it's a good game, great graphics and sounds, good single player and a really solid online experience. All that said im not the fanatic that most of my multi prestige friends are, dont get me wrong i really like it and all im just not mad on it.

Forza 3 - Really good game but i got bored quick of it somehow, just felt a bit repetitive in the end. Amazing car visuals though.

Fight Night Round 4 - I love my boxing as well as MMA and this is a really solid game in single player, you can have some good fights if you bother to actually box on the game. Go into the instant reply and half hold in the right trigger and watch the replays in slow mo, it's amazing watching all the physics at work. Great visuals and solid gameplay. Online is ruined by continual spamming of the same punches.

bah, thats all i can be bothered writing for now, i have many more games......oh yeah i have Assassins creed 2, great game again a bit slow starting though pace wise but really good game, much more depth than the original. Good sequel.

Oh and i cant go without saying:

Batman Arkham Asylum.....great game!

@NoX81

I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm seriously considering swapping my PS3 for an Xbox, the PS network is terrible to say the least.

However I have to disagree with your opinion on Fight Night Round 4, I though that game was pants lol. Round 3 was much better in my opinion, they should have just just added the clinch fighting to the current game mechanics and it would have been perfect I reckon.

@NoX81

I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm seriously considering swapping my PS3 for an Xbox, the PS network is terrible to say the least.

However I have to disagree with your opinion on Fight Night Round 4, I though that game was pants lol. Round 3 was much better in my opinion, they should have just just added the clinch fighting to the current game mechanics and it would have been perfect I reckon.

i've had a 360 since they came out. i got a ps3 about 2 years ago. i play pretty much any multi-platform game on teh 360, since i like the controller and online interface better (the party system alone is a billion times better than the ps3 setup), but i will never sell the ps3 just because they have some amazing exclusives- uncharted series, metal gear, infamous, god of war 3 is coming soon, GT5, etc. plus it's nice just to have for playing blu-rays.

i'd suggest just picking up a used 360 (make sure it isn't banned) and keeping the ps3 for exclusives.

I agree with having both systems, you can pick up an elite for 100 quid now and then get a 3rd party hard drive for £40. I got a 360 when i started uni so that will have been 5 years ago now. That is quite a depressing thought and i have, touch wood, ever had the red lights either.

I got a ps3 about 3 years ago and also never had a problem. I use them about equally though i have found i prefer the ps3 exclusives and with final fantasy 13 being primarily designed for the ps3 (there probably won't be a problem on the 360 but you never know) followed by the much awaited gt 5, it will be the must have system of the year.

Avoid NCAA Basketball 2010 by EA Sports. I love sports games and really wanted a college basketball game but I regret purchasing it. The player movements aren't very fluid. The button response is terrible. You could be pushing a button and the player you are controlling won't do what you want such as an attempted steal.

Plus I play as Michigan and controlling Manny Harris I can't drive to the hole against any Eastern Michigan players? That is insane! So my opinion is to save your money.

First off I own a PS3.

I am considering getting another game. I only own CODMW2 and NCAA Basketball 2010. I want to get a football game but I feel like it is too late in the season for that. An NHL game would be fun.

Is that MAG game any good?

Is Smackdown VS Raw 2010 worth buying?

I heard Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is sweet. Would this occupy a lot of my time for a long time?

Also any other recomendations not previously mentioned in this thread are welcome.

First off I own a PS3.

I am considering getting another game. I only own CODMW2 and NCAA Basketball 2010. I want to get a football game but I feel like it is too late in the season for that. An NHL game would be fun.

Is that MAG game any good?

Is Smackdown VS Raw 2010 worth buying?

I heard Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is sweet. Would this occupy a lot of my time for a long time?

Also any other recomendations not previously mentioned in this thread are welcome.

i've heard mixed things about mag (from people who played the beta, which i actually had a beta key for but never used). i'm going to give it a shot because the concept is pretty cool. i would probably suggest renting it before buying it though.

fallout will take up a shitload of your time (assuming you enjoy the game, which most people do).

if you like baseball, mlb the show is out in a couple months. don't bother with any other baseball game, the show is always leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

for football you may as well just wait for madden 2010 at this point, or maybe pick up a cheap used copy of madden 09.

i'm not that big on wrestling games, so i'm not the best for advice on it, but smackdown vs raw did get good reviews. the fighter creation is supposed to be really cool and detailed.