The most promising fighters

I think this fighter would still be another 4 to 8 weeks (minimum) of having the 5 or 6 necessary wonderfuls.

No Debate on wut he might have, or how long it's gonna take him, I didn't even pull the profile up. Was just commenting on Matty saying he prolly only has a handful of wonderfuls, not wonderfuls across the board. As you've highlighted, there's only 5 or 6 necessities.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this fighter would still be another 4 to 8 weeks (minimum) of having the 5 or 6 necessary wonderfuls.

I know just by looking at my own fighters that he would easily have 6 wonderful skills by now if he's a 150 learner even with those primaries. 6 wonderful skills wouldn't really make him a monster though, he needs a few to be higher than that.

I know just by looking at my own fighters that he would easily have 6 wonderful skills by now if he's a 150 learner even with those primaries. 6 wonderful skills wouldn't really make him a monster though, he needs a few to be higher than that.

I may be off here and I am one of the number people I will freely admit, that for someone to have wonderful physicals as we can see, + 6 secondary's + physicals in this period of time would be impossible but could be once the fighter gets to the age of 21. As I don't know when that is, I gave a what I considered the minimum period although to be fair, putting it like this probably makes a great deal more sense.

6 wonderful skills wouldn't really make him a monster though, he needs a few to be higher than that.

Completely Hypothetical... But looking at every fighter on my list, including a handful with less than 15k fighter ID. If a fighter had Wonderful Across All Primaries and assuming he had Wonderful Strength/Conditioning. with the right 6 secondaries he could dominate every fighter on my list. Maybe not finish, but Easily Unanimous Decision. All he would need were his defenses: Striking D, Clinchwork, Takedown D, Defensive Grappling, to be at Wonderful, which is 4. Then Wonderful Punches and Takedown O, for a total of 6. He could be useless in everything else, tho' I seriously doubt anyone who'd worked primaries up like that would be.

If I had a fighter of that caliber, I'd like my chances against any other fighter in the game. Jigoro, Fidel, whoever.

Again, I'm not arguing the likelyhood of him having his secondaries that high, just saying if they are. Then that's a certified monster. It only takes 5/6 secondaries with Primaries like that.

You're obviously a better manager than me so I'm probably wrong but I would think wonderful striking d would have you in trouble vs top strikers and wonderful wrestling + takedowns isn't a guarantee for getting it to the ground.

You're obviously a better manager than me so I'm probably wrong but I would think wonderful striking d would have you in trouble vs top strikers and wonderful wrestling + takedowns isn't a guarantee for getting it to the ground.

With wonderful in those secondaries, I would say you wouldn't really be in trouble, persay, anywhere. There are fighters out there who have interesting advantages over this hypothetical one we're talking about, but only like Lee Villa is equally as diversified. Not so much about being better than everyone at everything, just being so well rounded you have two answers to any puzzle. Against a Boxer you most likely have a huge advantage in the Clinch, and most likely a fairly decent chance of taking him down if you use them sparingly. Against a MT Guy even if he was say sensational. His MT advantage would only be equal to your boxing advantage at best.. If his wrestling was bad you could still force the clinch on him and be dominant. Takes downs, etc. BJJ guy you're using all stand up weapons in your arsenal and wrestling in reverse. Wrestler would have to have a pretty amazing BJJ game to keep up with yours if he did manage to get you on the ground.

Not going to reveal too much but it isn't that hard to have 5-6 wonderfuls. He won't be there yet buy he'd be close. Also you guys overrate 5-6 wonderfuls, I say that from experience.

Not going to reveal too much but it isn't that hard to have 5-6 wonderfuls. He won't be there yet buy he'd be close. Also you guys overrate 5-6 wonderfuls, I say that from experience.

I must be doing something wrong then. Cuz I don't have a single fighter with 6 wonderfuls or higher. The better part of them have a couple of exceptionals or higher, but I only have a single guy with 5 wonderfuls or better.

Edit: Just counting Secondaries that is. Not including Physicals or Primaries

I must be doing something wrong then. Cuz I don't have a single fighter with 6 wonderfuls or higher. The better part of them have a couple of exceptionals, but I only have a single guy with 5 wonderfuls or better.

Thats because you are a spar heavy trainer. Lots of guys are getting on the coach bandwagon now a days.

Thats because you are a spar heavy trainer. Lots of guys are getting on the coach bandwagon now a days.

I guess. I think you'd be surprised how much sparring my guys who are fighting actually do. So you're saying to get 6 wonderful secondaries I have to be focusing on nothing but secondaries? That doesn't sound too appealing.

6 wonderful secondaries are not even near as hard to get as some of you make it sound, I don't believe it's all that good either, even with good primaries.

6 wonderful secondaries are not even near as hard to get as some of you make it sound, I don't believe it's all that good either, even with good primaries.

I would suggest it is difficult by the age of 21 to have stong primaries, 6 or more secondaries and get the sufficient physicals to be a true monster before the age of 21.

I would suggest it is difficult by the age of 21 to have stong primaries, 6 or more secondaries and get the sufficient physicals to be a true monster before the age of 21.

I guess it depends on what you would classify as sufficient physicals but for good learner spending all his time in a private gym it wouldn't be hard at all. In public gyms it would take a perfect learner but is imo still possible.

I guess it depends on what you would classify as sufficient physicals but for good learner spending all his time in a private gym it wouldn't be hard at all. In public gyms it would take a perfect learner but is imo still possible.

I'm not sure, I'm not an expert at the potential difference between the two set ups being comparable but to have someone put on 1000 points on in that period would be adding an average of 2.04 a session through the whole period without a break. Adding in sessions it would be around 2.2 which would certainly be on the higher end of anything that I have seen although having looked at it like that, it could be possible in the right conditions.

My best learner not in a private gym has needed 50 sessions to get to wonderful on average, mostly with 2 and 3 people in the sessions including him. That means you can have 6 wonderfuls after 150 sessions or 15 weeks which is like 4 months. 18-21 is 9 months. That's 5 months left for physicals and sparring if it's a project not wasting time fighting.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this guy will be in the p4p rankings in the future. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=30994

update on my guy! Learning pretty fast

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=48861

Looking at these two guys (even taking into account the difference in age and potential learning speed etc), it does make me wonder if small guys learn a little quicker than bigger (in weight guys) and if they might also start to degrade first in the future.

What about looking at those two makes you think that?

I don't know, it might be hope more than anything else. I would certainly say that it is (in the main) true that smaller guys learn things quicker initially as being taller and heavier does mean that the basics can take longer to learn.

Most Potential.... http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=21791

Doin Work Now... http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=22212

My Favorite... http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=28708

Fastest Learner... http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=41514

got a few, but hopefully one day some of them can be top 100, trying to be realistic with myself :/