• Are you eligible to get a mentor? They can be helpful and there is a variety of knowledgeable managers who have some experience with helping learn the basics and get a good start in the game. For a long term standup build the meta is generally 110 MT and the rest in wrestling as it can be a slow build. Boxing and BJJ can build fairly quickly while training necessary secondaries or with boxing, sparring without wasting skill point into unwanted areas. You need clinch for all builds and is a great secondary to start maxed as much as possible as straining it will bleed points into some areas you might not want. I'm not sure if you read anything like that, but there is a max total skill points that vary a bit from fighter to fighter based on training, learn speed and other stuff, so you want to build where you are shooting to max to 15 elite 7-8 main skills to ensure you have a complete fighter when they are all online. If you are going for a long term training early on, which is best for making a young fighter reach his maximum potential, be sure to test him for learn speed and hiddens to ensure he's worth keeping before you commit to spending money training him for a long time. Don't spar or train physicals until he's reaching max in the secondaries you'd like. Physicals train at a consistent speed through a fighter's career while the other skill speeds gradually diminish with age. I recommend 109-110 stamina at creation to max training sessions, and 1 strength as it's easily trainable. This can work for all weights, but you will tend to find more grapplers at low weights and it will diminish as you go heavier in weight classes. Heavier fighters have an advantage on the ground, though being divided by weight class minimizes that, so mainly it would be height that comes into play. A tall fighter has more reach which is great standing, but easier to submit on the ground. There's different takes on this, and paragraphs more I could add, but this should be a decent bit for you to chew on. Feel free to hop into the MMAT discord and look me up if you think I could clarify or add anything further, I sometimes lose track of threads in here and check my discord more frequently. Good luck and asking questions is a great start to learning the game!  
    • Solid work! And glad to see you back. 150k