• I completely understand and ultimately I signed up for this gig because I was also a player who saw the issues and related to the everyone's frustrations and concerns, I hope to change this dynamic over the coming months by introducing more transparency in the development process and bringing you all along on the journey.   We're not converting the entire codebase to Laravel - the fight engine for example will continue running on an isolated server as it's far too complicated to re-write at this time. For the most part the architecture of the migration has proven to be effective. The legacy code will run within the same environment as the Laravel version with a gradual shift with each feature set that's upgraded. I will be creating a change log where I will endeavour to post our weekly / bi-weekly progress updates. Me and Mike are going to take a short break from the upgrade to roll out a few low-hanging changes over the coming weeks so keep your eye out. If you think about it holistically, this is a necessary step - to put things into perspective, we have about 30 different ways off the top of my head to retrieve a manager's fighters equating to a few hundred lines of code... Laravel will achieve this with one method.   What's exciting to me is that once we have completed the PHP 8 upgrade, we'll be in a position to bring big changes to entire systems, from companies to cities, we'll be porting and improving the features one page at a time.
    • Jim Bob Walton Is available for a contract if you are interested 135