QFC Tournaments

Would you use it  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would i use this?

So I think this would be a cool idea. I think it'd have to be set up where they can only compete in this format, so you can't create someone for this, fore-go training and join an org. I think it could help keep new users if WHILE training up your roster you can compete with a great fighter against top managers.Plus Ithink it'd be neat to be able to fight every few days, no injuries or energy loss. It's a great way to learn sliders. I pm'd mike and he said he'd have no issues with it if there was interest. Would make the game appeal to those instant gratification ppl as well

• Upvote 6

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Best idea ever.

It could be arcade mode, doesn't count towards hype or your personal record.

Please Mike let's do this, I want a decent fighter and I want to be able to fight on a level playing field against the so called top managers, esp Le GTOAT Jacky Can.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

+1

I think it would also add interest from new players and make may some stick around long enough to find they like the game.

completely agree, incentive to sign in a lot, pops aren't always enough. How many ppl see QFC takes 2 days and never come back? I also think it'd help RETURNING managers grasp the fight engine while building fighters. I know Shiv had complained in the past building young was boring because even FID orgs weren't competitive because he had 3yrs slider knowledge over noobs. Maybe this can satisfy their competitive needs as well

I like the idea but I think there would have to be a limit of how often you can enter them or something.

Otherwise if it's no hype hit and something you can do every day then it's pretty much just an unlimited practice mode. Saying that it's not like anyone would have an advantage I guess because everyone could do it.

I like the idea but I think there would have to be a limit of how often you can enter them or something.

Otherwise if it's no hype hit and something you can do every day then it's pretty much just an unlimited practice mode. Saying that it's not like anyone would have an advantage I guess because everyone could do it.

I see it as you need to have an open fighter slot, make a fighter for one tourney and that fighter is retired after you are eliminated. We would put VIP time on the line and have a payout at the end for the winner. That could lead to a tourney winners tournament which I think would be pretty fucking cool.

The only way I would really support this idea is that if it was actually done as some kind of Tycoon sponsored event - say biannually have a "King of Tycoon" tournament - Maybe break it down into VIP and Non VIP.

A single elimination tournament that counted for nothing more than bragging rights and a shiney trophy to say you won..

When the tourny mode was introduced this would have been my ideal way of using it..

hell you could do it quarterly with the final one of the year being a combined VIP - Non VIP tourny... The options for this are unlimited however - I would hate to see this has something that happened on a weekly basis purely because it would end up giving anyway to much about the sim.

• 2 months later...

So I think this would be a cool idea. I think it'd have to be set up where they can only compete in this format, so you can't create someone for this, fore-go training and join an org. I think it could help keep new users if WHILE training up your roster you can compete with a great fighter against top managers.Plus Ithink it'd be neat to be able to fight every few days, no injuries or energy loss. It's a great way to learn sliders. I pm'd mike and he said he'd have no issues with it if there was interest. Would make the game appeal to those instant gratification ppl as well

Good Idea!

+1

+1

Also I think it goes without saying that these guys should not be able to be used outside of these special tournaments since they are fast tracked to 80%. Or at least only be able to fight others of this type and not gain/loose hype for themselves or their manager.

• 3 months later...

Going to bump this thread because I think it's a great idea and will appeal to a more instant gratification user as well as the guys like us who have stuck it out for years. Hoping this will increase our manager totals some but who knows.

Anyway, i know Mike seemed open to the idea but wanted me to make a thread for public opinion ages ago. Got kinda lost with all the other changes he was trying to make so thought maybe now would be a good time to revisit the subject

+1, I agree that it should not effect you record or hype, and I like the bi-annual idea. too much of it and it kills some of the fun. I like the idea of getting as many managers into it as possible. Maybe if there were city finals, regionals, then worlds, something to find out who is the true creation and slider-fu master. But not limit the amount of managers that can take part. the more the better for this

The concept makes me a little uneasy for some of the reasons mentioned. I think if we do it as a global thing that'd be OK. We could use the same coding as the grappling tournament to set up the tournament formatting, then retire people fighters to the Bahamas as soon as they are knocked out the tournament. Bump this when I have done the grappling tourney.