Tycoon radio?

What happened? I loved listening back in the day. I was even interviewed once when they were doing the "city to city" shows. Is the guy who ran it even active in the game anymore? If not, someone needs to pick up the reigns and bring it back! It was really great for the game and the community as a whole.

• Upvote 1

It was a blogtalk radio podcast where they interviewed top players, played songs made by members of the tycoon community and just brought the experience to a new level. It was short lived if I remember correctly. I can't even remember who put it together though :-(

Ye this sounds good have ever I am in game from 2009 and dont remeber it maybe wasnt paying a lot attention but if they bring it back it would be good I could give them interview :D

Steel Penn's - ICON project will be doing pre fight Youtube video and Post fight radio shows.

We are looking for active managers to work with us on this project, currently looking for someone to do voice overs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm sure it was Bo Dayshus that ran the radio show. I used to love listening to it and was a guest one week when I ran The MMA World Cup. I think it cost a fair bit of money to run and that's why it stopped.

I'm sure it was Bo Dayshus that ran the radio show. I used to love listening to it and was a guest one week when I ran The MMA World Cup. I think it cost a fair bit of money to run and that's why it stopped.

a lot of it was done by my alliance mate david goliath/tamel moultrie and not sure about the money side but i know he stopped having time for the game when he had chance to gig in real life

a lot of it was done by my alliance mate david goliath/tamel moultrie and not sure about the money side but i know he stopped having time for the game when he had chance to gig in real life

They where paid to do it?

I was thinking about this recently actually. I'll pay someone if they want to start doing it again and we can get it on itunes etc. I think it could be a decent marketing tool to have it show up in MMA podcast listings on itunes and other listings sites.

Have much are you willing to pay? I could do it I have some free time.

• Upvote 1

It'd be more of a token amount, depending on how many people listened really. Like $15 per episode or something, as I appreciate it's a lot of effort but can't really spend a lot of cash. It could be a bit more if we did good numbers and it started working as a marketing tool.

If the radio will be on itunes will it be possible to stream music there for free?

I was thinking about this recently actually. I'll pay someone if they want to start doing it again and we can get it on itunes etc. I think it could be a decent marketing tool to have it show up in MMA podcast listings on itunes and other listings sites.

It'd be more of a token amount, depending on how many people listened really. Like $15 per episode or something, as I appreciate it's a lot of effort but can't really spend a lot of cash. It could be a bit more if we did good numbers and it started working as a marketing tool.

I'd happily lend any help I could. Free of charge even! Let me know if anyone wanted to kick something off and we can team up.

If I remember right, they used to charge for commercial time and that's how they were covering the costs of premium service on blogtalk, which is something like $39 (U.S.) a month. I'd be willing to lend a hand with anything I can but I don't have time to do what Mac and Bo did. Maybe if there were a team of people or even the community as a whole easing the pressure of running it, it would survive this time. I could record commercials and contribute music, free of charge, but hosting and coming up with show ideas is up to someone else. Maybe people could even share the duties. Get a "roundtable" thing going.