"Lucky" Liam O'Connor

Think it's about time I broke my silence, as a manager I'm gutted that Liam O'Connor lost his fight. Wasn't impressed with the Ref's decision to stand the fight up nearly straight after Liam O'Connor had pulled guard... the less said about that, the better! I think Liam O'Connor was doing well in the stand up and he went in to clinch a little more than I wanted him to but I'll give him a better fight plan before his next fight.

As for Liam O'Connors next fight, well he's taking time to reflect on what happened and that's why he hasn't spoken to the media since his Quarter Final loss but he's keen to come back bigger and stronger and finish the season on The Island on a high. Here's hoping he'll be a little more successful in the finale for the season.

Without a doubt, both myself and Liam O'Connor are both interested in a rematch with Goatboy. The Castaway is currently still in the tournament along with Beelzebub but Liam O'Connor could end up facing The Castaway in the finale of the first season of The Island.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21w27.jpg

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/2013070623542113.jpg

The Castaway

26 years old

185lbs

9-1

"I would decline a fight with oconnor at this point. I've only trained further. I've been training for crusoe and island king since I beat him. And my ground game is even better than before. I had oconnor mounted at one point and did fine against moyo so I'm not scared of anything liam can bring. beez chance crusoe are my future. If I fail Ill take on goatboy and if I continue and win this tournament I get to face another tournament from the island. I just hope I come out unscathed from my fight tomorrow so I can be ready to put on the best fight in island history against the Beez.

Don't forget Beez I called you out for my first title def and the org gave me diego. I've been looking to take back my WW belt for a while we are destined to destroy eachother"

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/137148887512.jpg

O'Connor vs Goatboy II Confirmed!

Another fight has been added to the VIP 44: Final Battle! card, the highly anticipated rematch between former VIP Fight! Middleweight champion "Lucky" Liam O'Connor (8-2) and "Randy" Pan Goatboy (7-1). Fans have been calling for this rematch since Liam picked up his first professional MMA loss against The Castaway and it looks like Pan Goatboy is finally going to get his chance to have revenge against Liam.

The first fight was Liam O'Connors 7th win in a row and at the time he looked unstoppable on The Island... a lot has change since then and now it seems like Pan Goatboy is the fighter that is unstoppable, winning 3 fights in a row in convincing fashion since his loss against Liam, which is still his only loss on The Island. Liam O'Connor on the other hand will be hoping to get his MMA career back on track and will take any type of win at VIP 44... perhaps he'll get lucky and get back to winning ways?

Be sure to watch VIP 44 which has a number of great fights including the finale of the VIP tournament: Charles Chance (10-2) vs Robinson Crusoe (11-0)

The other big shots on the Island tend to stand and bang, which is what Goatboy prefers but O'Connor has shown an ability to exploit clinch weakness in most fighters and use it to get them to the ground. He also has decent standup which means you can't just sit back and wait for an opportunity or he will knock you out in turn. The ball is always in his court.

is it tough with liam since he was 25yo?

The Island is great because all of the fighters get equal training so you really have to carefully choose your fighter build when you first create a fighter on The Island, I made a gamble with Liam O'Connor and it paid off as he's one of the best fighters on The Island. He's a well balanced fighter which is definitely helped me because I could adjust my gameplan depending on who he faced.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/MMA%20Hype/MMA-Hype_zps77ee8eb1.jpg

Jared from MMA Hype on the phone with O'Connor

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13762188447833.jpg

"Lucky" Liam O'Connor

27 years old

185lbs

8-2

Season 1 of the island is coming to an end, and we have a talented fighter with us tonight. Here is a quick summary of Liam:

Liam O’Connor has been devoted to VIP Fights!. He’s been part of them since day 1 as a middleweight fighter. He went 8-0 with the organization, 6 of those wins being title fights, until he lost his title to current VIP Fights! champion, The Castaway. After that loss, he entered VIP’s “Tournament of Champions”, which gathered the organization’s top 8 fighters across all divisions. Unfortunately, he was eliminated in the first round, against Beelzebub Abaddon.

Jared Asante had the opportunity to get Liam on the phone, to discuss further about his future outside of the Island.

Jared Asante: Hello Liam, I'm grateful that you took the time to speak with us over the phone today, would love to have you over in our studio, but I don’t think you can leave the Island just yet.

Liam O’Connor: Thanks for having me on the show Jared!

I'm trying to enjoy the weather while it lasts, Cork isn't as nice as this sunny Island. We're not allowed to leave The Island at all and if I'm honest it's been weird being away from Ireland for so long because I've lived there all my life.

Jared: You had a really good run with VIP Fight!, you actually only fought for them, and you proved you were the best Middleweight on the Island, until former Welterweight champion, The Castaway, took that belt from you. How did it make you feel?

Liam: Yeah, I was honoured when I got my first contract. VIP looked like they were an org with a lot of ambition and I wanted to be a part of that. I'm grateful for what they've done for me and I hope I've repaid the faith they shown in me.

I felt numb after that defeat to The Castaway. I became cocky and I paid the price for that, I thought that this was just going to be another fight and I'd pick up another win, instead I lost for the first time in my MMA career.

Jared: You've also proved that you were a really good well rounded fighter. Submissions are your thing and you love the ground game, but you do have good striking too. Do you train your boxing a lot, or is it something that comes more natural to you?

Liam: I'd say I'm an all rounder. I wouldn't say I'm world class at anything, well not at the minute, but I'd say I'm good at both stand up and the ground game. It's a great feeling KOing someone, but it's also a great feeling when you get someone to tap out.

Jared: You will be facing Pan Goatboy in your next bout, a rematch he’s been asking for ever since you put him to sleep with a triangle choke. His striking looked superior, but your ground game is spectacular. Do you see the rematch going differently, or are you still confident you will be the better man yet again?

Liam: I'm confident going into this fight, I've beat him once and I'm confident I can do it again. His record speaks for itself, 7 wins, 7 KO's. If you stay standing and let him strike, there's a good chance he'll knock you out. When I took him down to the ground in our last fight, he couldn't stop me from securing a submission win and unless he's improved a lot since his last fight, I can see it being another win for Liam O'Connor.

Jared: Now let’s talk about your future. I don’t know if you've given any thoughts yet, but will you be moving to the real world and test your skills outside the Island when the season is over, or will you call it quits?

Liam: I haven't made any plans for what I'm going to do once The Island is over. It'll be interesting to see who tries to sign me up and if I'm given a really good offer, it'll be hard to turn it down.

Jared: That’s good to know. I'm sure org owners who listen to our show will be glad to hear this, you would be a great addition to any fight organization.

Well, I won’t take any more of your time, I know you have a busy schedule right now, training must be really intense at the moment. I will leave you on this, do you have anything else to say or add?

Liam: Yeah, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who have helped me get onto The Island and have helped me throughout my MMA career. Big thanks to my manager, my coaches, my sparring partners, my friends and my family.

Also, you HAVE to watch my rematch with Goatboy, it's a fight you wont want to miss!

Thanks for having me on the show Jared.

Jared: It’s been an honour to have you on MMA Hype, I can’t wait to see your fight, and I wish you the best for your future.

Thanks to all viewers for being with us here at MMA Hype! Have a good night.

Hope you liked this edition of MMA Hype!

If you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

• Upvote 4

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/137148887512.jpg

VIP 44: One Last Time!

The last VIP Fight! event before The Island Season 1 is over, is nearly upon us - VIP 44: One Last Time! which features some of the best fighters on The Island. Not many fighters can say that they were with VIP Fight! since their first event though Liam O'Connor (8-2) is one of the fighters that can. He was one of the fighters who fought at VIP 1: Opening Ceramony and every fight he's had has been fought at a VIP event. He will be going against Pan Goatboy (7-1), who is the only fighter to have beaten Pan Goatboy in a professional MMA fight. Goatboy has been wanting this rematch for a very long time and you can imagine how determined he is to get revenge.

I think many MMA fans would agree, Liam O'Connor (8-2) earned the right to fight on the final VIP Fight! event because of his impressive run as VIP Fight! Middleweight champion. Unfortunately for Liam, he's coming of 2 losses in a row and will be looking to get back to winning ways at VIP 44. He has beat Goatboy before, but since then he hasn't had much luck in his fights. We know Liam O'Connor has the better ground skills, his record speaks for itself, 8 wins and 7 of those wins coming by Submission. Though when you look at his losses which are both TKO/KO's you start to wonder, does Liam O'Connor have a glass chin?

The man that will be looking to answer that question is Pan Goatboy (7-1). He has an impressive record, 7 wins - all of them coming by way of TKO/ KO, so he definitely has power in his hands and when you look at Liam's record you think that Pan Goatboy has a great chance to score a TKO/KO win. But Liam O'Connor showed in their first fight that Pan Goatboy's ground game isn't the best and it's probably his weakest as he was tapping out soon after being dragged down to the ground into Liam O'Connor's guard.

Looking at both fighters, it seems that Pan Goatboy has the advantage in the stand up, whereas Liam O'Connor has the advantage when the fight goes to the ground. Though both fighters have had a bit of time to try and improve their skill set so who knows what will happen at VIP 44. Though I do know one thing about the fight, it's one you cannot afford to miss!

http://i.imgur.com/uuLD1qj.png

If making a fool of yourself in the clinch is 'winning' then you won a unanimous decision baby ;)

I think we answered one question: No, O'Connor doesn't have a glass chin.

But we've just asked a new question: Can Goatboy destroy Castaway and the new 185lbs champ in the end of season Island tourney and claim 185lbs overall dominance?

I am going with... YES :)

Id just like to invite all you guys to SFL after the season is over. We got a 265+ Division for fighters 210id and over. Any island fighter is welcome. Ill be giving good offers to all fighters except goatboy who will be fed dishes of cold semen for payment. Also Castaway will be there waiting for beezlebub and goatboy. We can all knock eachother out till were bored and fire them :)

The Island Season 1 Finale Round 1 Results: O'Connor Breaks His Losing Streak!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13762188447833.jpg

"Lucky" Liam O'Connor

27 years old

185lbs

9-3

Liam O'Connor (9-3) broke his 3 fight losing streak, forcing Xavier Bruno (6-3) to tap out in the second round after locking in a triangle armbar. Liam O'Connor didn't look very confident coming into this fight, he wasn't connecting with his punches and didn't look great in the first round. Xavier Bruno managed to stuff his takedown attempts and also was successful in landing many of his punches, Liam O'Connor on the other hand struggled to land any punches.

Fortunately enough for Liam, he managed to pull guard in the second round which is his favourite position to be in as that's where he locks up most of his submissions from. Xavier knew how much of a threat Liam is when it comes to the ground game and so immediately tried standing up but unfortunately for him Liam O'Connor controlled him and didn't allow him to get back to his feet. Xavier tried on multiple occasions to stand up but was unsuccessful.

Then Liam O'Connor seen an opening, threw up his legs in an attempt to lock in a triangle. Xavier was quick to avoid the triangle but left himself open to an armbar and so Liam switched from a triangle into an armbar and managed to extend Xavier's arm out, forcing him to tap.

Liam O'Connor progresses to round 2 where he will face Zander Pochinski (7-0) who beat Klas Klasson (1-2) in the first round by TKO