Golden Ring: Golden Gloves Boxing Tournament [Creation + $125,000]

dbsh209

http://i.imgur.com/4k1gvlO.png

• Creation tournament
  • 18 year olds only
  • 170lbs division (Super Middleweight)
  • Winner gets the 'Golden Gloves award' (prize information below)
  • Creation date is the 23rd of March
  • 16 fighters preferably, with single elimination.
  • Winner gets gold, runner-up gets silver, and there is a 3rd place match for bronze.
  • Winner earns a place in the inaugural Hall of Fame.
  • 3 weeks of training time

• Prizes:

Golden Gloves Champion
    $250,000 for the winner of the tournament paid directly to the manager's account
    $125,000 for the silver medalist of the tournament paid directly to the manager's account (thanks to Bravo)
    $75,000 for the bronze medalist of the tournament paid directly to the manager's account (thanks to Bravo)

Season awards
    $50,000 for the KO of the season paid directly to the manager's account (thanks to Bravo)
    $50,000 for Fight of the Season paid directly to the manager's account (thanks to Bravo)
    $50,000 for Quickest Fight of the Season (thanks to kshijtischoles)
    $50,000 for a Spinning Backfist KO (thanks to kshijtischoles)
    $50,000 for Superman Punch KO (thanks to kshijtischoles)

Information about the organisation:

Golden Ring Boxing Promotions is a boxing organisation based in New York.

MMATycoon members already have the possibility to challenge their fighters in different spheres of martial arts. Kickboxing organisations are available, MMA organisations are available and lastly, grappling organisations are available. However, what about the purest and most technical form of combat, boxing? No organisation currently offers boxing only matches, and that is the market that we are trying to capitalise on.

This boxing promotion, unlike many others, aims to provide fair fights. Whether there are two amateur boxers wanting to test themselves out, or whether two seasoned veterans want to try out the waters in boxing, we will always try to match your boxer with a boxer of similar build and skills.

All bouts will be 'kickboxing' fights, with different rules being employed to ensure that it purely remains boxing oriented. The rules are as follow (thanks to HBGG for the outlay):

Rules:
All fights are judged by a 10-point must scoring system.
All fights are fought in a ring.
There is no kicking/elbows/knees allowed.
This is a pure boxing organisation, and it is the responsibility of the managers to run everything smoothly.

SLIDERS

100% Follow my orders

Standing:
100% Punch

Clinch:
100% Punch Head
100% Punch Body

Fighter contracts:

All boxers will be given basic contracts, and the money will be sent to the manager themselves. The reason for this is that if someone doesn't follow the rules, certain punishments can take place.

If a fighter hasn't set their sliders properly, and thus allows kicks/elbows/knees, we will enforce the following punishments.

- If a boxer uses a knee/elbow/kick during the fight, 25% of the agreed money will be sent to the other party.
- If a boxer uses a knee/elbow/kick for a second time during a separate fight, he will be kicked out of the organisation and 100% of the agreed money goes to the other party.

Sponsors & Supporters of the tournament: Bravo, kshijtischoles

1. kshitijscholes - Jean Claude Cedric
  2. dbsh209 - Pernell Whittaker
  3. Scoobyskyline3 - Curome Spence Jr
  4. Jefframrod - Balgair Duff
  5. StuMackyntre - Lou Harrison
  6. TheMould - Brian Mckenzie
  7. dvjmw - Daniel Judah
  8. nitro - Johnny Knoxville
  9. gwad12345 - Arlington Beech
  10. Purpose - Godson Fiore
  11. calmlikeabomb - Sampo Hongisto
  12. jonesmann - Bill Bumfight
  13. Bravo - The Green Machine
  14. DaBest - Blake Mclintic
  15. Costner - Nichol Enndime
  16. Rocket78 - Eric Brooks

Guest VladTheImpaler

Little of topic but can I ask about your organization? You have the same sliders rules there haven't anyone cheated and used other sliders?

Little of topic but can I ask about your organization? You have the same sliders rules there haven't anyone cheated and used other sliders?

Yeah man, feel free to ask any question. Do you mean what happens if someone decides to use other sliders?

Well if it's the first time (and it doesn't change the fight's outcome), 25% of your purse goes to your opponent and you get a first warning. If it happens for a second fight, your whole purse goes to your opponent and you get removed from the organisation. It is a self-regulated organisation, it is the fighters themselves who are responsible for maintaining a boxing only match.

Guest VladTheImpaler

Yeah man, feel free to ask any question. Do you mean what happens if someone decides to use other sliders?

Well if it's the first time (and it doesn't change the fight's outcome), 25% of your purse goes to your opponent and you get a first warning. If it happens for a second fight, your whole purse goes to your opponent and you get removed from the organisation. It is a self-regulated organisation, it is the fighters themselves who are responsible for maintaining a boxing only match.

How can you take away some ones purse after the fight? I am just asking I don't have fighter space but if after 10 days when I can realize fighter there will be spots I would love to fight but I was just little curious what about your organization does these things happen often? Because dealing with new managers it could be very confusing for them and that could some how fuck up the tournament because for me you could give me all fighters purses from the even I would still better have my W.

How can you take away some ones purse after the fight? I am just asking I don't have fighter space but if after 10 days when I can realize fighter there will be spots I would love to fight but I was just little curious what about your organization does these things happen often? Because dealing with new managers it could be very confusing for them and that could some how fuck up the tournament because for me you could give me all fighters purses from the even I would still better have my W.

All contracts are 1/1/1, but we negotiate contracts to which I send via manager transfer after the fights (for example 5/5/5, 10/10/10). If the fighter has won due to a kick/elbow/knee or any other rulebreaking, the win will be awarded to the other player which will advance in the tournament.

I am confident in the managers (the ones that have expressed interest are experienced managers) to uphold the rules and I am sure that the tournament will run smoothly.

Guest VladTheImpaler

Ok now I understand about contract (that has to be a lot work to do) but still how often does things like that happen?

Ok now I understand about contract (that has to be a lot work to do) but still how often does things like that happen?

Basing on HBGG (grappling only organisation), it doesn't happen that often, and I'm willing to take chances as long as the people who are part of the organisation are enjoying a different form of fighting.

I think this is a fun way to test hiddens before converting to KT or full MMA but that's all. The primary has so few secondaries that it is down to hiddens. Web league boxing is back up and running so for guys wanting a boxing game it's that.

However, if you fancy creating an MMA or KT fighter with a base in Boxing then this is a good tester, but slider wise and technical skill wise it's pointless.

I think this is a fun way to test hiddens before converting to KT or full MMA but that's all. The primary has so few secondaries that it is down to hiddens. Web league boxing is back up and running so for guys wanting a boxing game it's that.

However, if you fancy creating an MMA or KT fighter with a base in Boxing then this is a good tester, but slider wise and technical skill wise it's pointless.

Fun is the point though. I see what you're saying but it can obviously work if people are into it. It's not going to be for everyone but if enough managers are up for it and enough fighters are signed and we all get a little enjoyment out of it then it definitely isn't pointless as a business.

If you set the sliders to 100% (in the first post under spoiler), then your fighter shouldn't be able to decide to take it to the floor or throw an elbow etc etc

Yo,i gotta be on this list somewhere lol

I'm up for this bud. Get me on that list.

and another, sign me up please.

Put my name down for now if you will, there is a chance i may have to back out though but i will let you know before creation date.

Put my name down for now if you will, there is a chance i may have to back out though but i will let you know before creation date.

u know what never been in any of these creation tourney`s, but I am going to break my cherry sign me up :)

Thank you a lot to all and I'll update the list with your names now!

Hey man, thanks for the message. I understand that it doesn't take a lot of tactics here, but I think it can still provide enjoyment for fighters who aren't as good in other facets of MMA or for up and coming fighters wanting to test themselves out. It adds something new to the game, so I think that's good enough of a reason to keep it going.

Webl doesnt seem like it will ever get as big as it once was, i figured this would be cool based on aggro/counter sliders... even though it isnt much variation it gives everyone an excuse to have a sparbot