TheMould

Before anybody goes negging me or acting like an idiot, I'm not suggesting it, obviously it's something we've all been asking for/about and was suggested when the game first came out, I was just wondering if Mike had given update on it any more recently that a couple years ago. I've search the forums and the wiki but only things I can find are latest 2011/12 so just after an update on it.

Obviously feel free to post any suggestions you have about them below but mainly looking for any details more recent than then.

• Upvote 5

So can you choose training partners to cornor or retired fighters? What will the benefits be?

Im.asking because i havent seen the previous discussions on it

Thats my point, nothings been said on it in depth for years, the most detail I could find on what Mike initially had planned dates from 2009-11

like, you retire a fighter to become a cornerman and he will coach your guy in the fights and give them benefits;

I.e. BJJ guy how to get out of subs or boxing, how to exploit an opponents stand-up and just boosts your skill in some area

or thats at least what I read into it from the wiki and old threads. be interesting to see where Mike stands on it or what his thoughts are at the moment.

If it would only work with retired guys it would be quite unfair with non-vip's.

While I agree, it would mean it'd be more valuable to have VIP and at the end of the day it'd help Mike more and it'd make more want to buy VIP or work hard in game to get enough cash to trade for it.

That was another idea I saw, that the corner men could also coach but as I said, this is stuff Mike had thought up in 2009 with the start of the game, so no idea as to where it is in pile of things to improve the game is.

Honestly I think cornermen would add a lot - aslong as the bonus wasn't too great, just enough to separate guys at the top, so guys with maxed stats would have to decided if they wanted the boost to BJJ, MT, Box or Wrestling or even just Subs, punch etc.

• Upvote 1

No cornering yet. It was a priority at one point but I decided that it was an added level of complexity to add for everyone, so I have put it on the back burner.

Not sure. There are other things I think are more important but I think it'll happen at some point.

this was the latest i think.

Active fighters corner guys all the time. I think that we should be able to use active or retired fighters to corner us. Here is how I think it should work:

You can choose active or retired fighters off of your roster to corner you, or you can choose a guy from the Bahamas to corner you. Choosing a guy from your own roster should be more effective, since they will know the guy they are cornering better. However, if you choose your own guy, you should need to fly him to the correct city. Bahamas corner men would find their own way to the fight. If you forget to arrange a corner man, the system should randomly assign you a guy from the Bahamas, who will be less helpful because was asked to corner at the last minute.

The effectiveness of a corner man should be based mainly on his intelligence, with experience being a secondary factor. The only impact he would have on the fight would be a boost to your fighter's intelligence/experience. An intelligent corner man would yell helpful instructions during the fight and give sound advice between rounds. I don't think a corner man's actual primaries/secondaries should matter much, if at all. An idiot who just so happens to be really good at boxing can't really help a fighter very much during a fight.

This system will give an additional, fun wrinkle, but it won't give the experienced managers too much of an advantage. A noob manager has just as much of a chance of having a highly intelligent fighter who would make a great corner man as a veteran would. The only real edge that the veterans would have is that they might have corner men with more experience.

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

Active fighters corner guys all the time. I think that we should be able to use active or retired fighters to corner us. Here is how I think it should work:

You can choose active or retired fighters off of your roster to corner you, or you can choose a guy from the Bahamas to corner you. Choosing a guy from your own roster should be more effective, since they will know the guy they are cornering better. However, if you choose your own guy, you should need to fly him to the correct city. Bahamas corner men would find their own way to the fight. If you forget to arrange a corner man, the system should randomly assign you a guy from the Bahamas, who will be less helpful because was asked to corner at the last minute.

The effectiveness of a corner man should be based mainly on his intelligence, with experience being a secondary factor. The only impact he would have on the fight would be a boost to your fighter's intelligence/experience. An intelligent corner man would yell helpful instructions during the fight and give sound advice between rounds. I don't think a corner man's actual primaries/secondaries should matter much, if at all. An idiot who just so happens to be really good at boxing can't really help a fighter very much during a fight.

This system will give an additional, fun wrinkle, but it won't give the experienced managers too much of an advantage. A noob manager has just as much of a chance of having a highly intelligent fighter who would make a great corner man as a veteran would. The only real edge that the veterans would have is that they might have corner men with more experience.

Great idea...but what difference does it make? Adding a whole "cornerman intelligence" stat to the game changes the entire way a fight is played out, so it's a HUGE chunk of coding and essentially a fight system overhaul. If it's JUST for a fun little asset where you see the corner's words but they don't mean anything, I can't imagine that would be a largely demanded aspect.

When the idea first came out it was to help your fighter adjust between rounds. So yes would take a lot of work, but I think it would be a big add to the game. Maybe on the next round of game changes we will see it. Also when it was first talked about only your retired fighters could be corner men. I like the idea of any of your fighters being able to, I also like the idea of it looking at their IQ instead of skills, but I am up to try anything.

When the idea first came out it was to help your fighter adjust between rounds. So yes would take a lot of work, but I think it would be a big add to the game. Maybe on the next round of game changes we will see it. Also when it was first talked about only your retired fighters could be corner men. I like the idea of any of your fighters being able to, I also like the idea of it looking at their IQ instead of skills, but I am up to try anything.

hopefully when it gets done ill still have my guy that has a 148 iq if it goes on intellignence]

I don't see why the retired fighter, and not an active fighter(s), can be cornermen. I think it would be cool if you could use active fighters, and even other managers fighters, to do the deed. They/You would just need to accept the invite via some private jet like format, and they lose out on X amount of days depending on when the fighter leaves and comes back. or maybe just make cornermen fighter take X amount of % to his energy hit.

also think cornermen's effectiveness should increase with (and cap out after X) amount of fights cornering the same fighter. i.e. Fighter A corners Fighter B once, not as effective as he will be at cornering after cornering same fighter 10 times.

• Upvote 3

Maybe have 5 slots for retired fighters that are allowed to corner. Also need to factor in based on intelligence, experience and confidence if the guy being cornered even listens. So you may have the best corner barking orders but the fighter just ignores him.

• 4 weeks later...

In order for your guy to listen to your Cornerman I feel you would definitly have to incorrperate your See How it Goes slider. If your Guy is 100% stick to the game plan he will and should ignore any adjustments. I'm not sure how many guys really, I mean really use the SHIG slider. I know guys say play with it and experiment, but I'm sure a majority of players don't fully understand how the SHIG slider works and the benefits of it. I am speaking from experience. I am 100% follow my orders kind of guy, and when I have picked up FA who have had it set towards SHIG and didn't realize it until after the fight, After looking through those fights I wasn't sure how it impacted the fight.

Oh yeah also I think anyone who is in your Gym that you are a member of should be able to corner you, not just guys on your roster. Guys from the same gym corner eachother all the time.