ITFL Season 3 "Next Generation" Interest Thread

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in joining?

2. 2. Which weight class would you like to see used?

3. 3. Team Playoff?

• Yes use it, it adds to the excitement of the team champion
    • No don't use it, makes the season too long

ITFL 3 NEXT GENERATION

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1361817591itfl2.png

REQUIREMENTS/RULES:

1. Tournament would consist of 8 teams of 5 guys.
2. Each team can be purchased for 250K This money will ONLY be used for prize money at the end of the season.
3. Fighters must be 200K ID or newer
4. All fighters will fight at ? (possibly LHW)
5. Fights will happen on a bi-weekly basis or every 14 days
6. Teams will be split into 2 groups of 4 teams
7. You will face each team in your own group 2 times, having a HOME match, and an AWAY match.
8. You will face each team in the opposite group one time having 2 HOME matches and 2 AWAY matches.
9. Each team will have a coach/captain to do fight picks. The HOME team will make the 1st pick and the 4th pick. With the AWAY team getting 2 and 3.
10. This season each TEAM will be permitted to make 1 fighter replacement for the whole season.

TEAM SCORING:

1. You receive 1 point for each victory you get, so a total team score can be 3-2 at the end of the 5 fights.
2. Both teams score would be added to their cumulative score throughout the season.
3. The team with the highest score at the end of the regular season will win the team prize. (Or Team Playoff, still figuring that out yet)

INDIVIDUAL SCORING:

Borrowing this scoring system from EPL

1. You will receive 3 pts for a KO victory, 2 pts for a DEC victory and 1 point for a DRAW
2. Individual points will also be kept track of, the top 16 fighters based on total points will go on to a single elimination tournament.

PRIZES:

1. The winning team will receive 6 million dollars. 1 million to each of it's 5 members, and 1 million to the company sponsoring them.
2. The winner of the individual tournament will receive 2 million dollars and 1 yr VIP
3. The winner of the individual tournament will also be inducted into the org HOF

Target Starting Date: September'ish 2014 or as fast as we can fill and get guys free from contracts

Looking for sponsors willing to do 50K per week for FOTN, KOTN, and SOTN
Looking for Sponsors willing to do 500K for FOTS, KOTS, and SOTS

Okay so these are the rules that we've run with in the past. Been considering the possibility of changing it up to twelve 3-man teams to make it easier to get a team together. I'm also open to suggestions on weight class because I haven't really made up my mind there yet. LHW opens up the possibility of more guys joining which is why I am leaning towards that slightly.

Also there has been a complaint in the past that the season is too long so might consider skipping the Team Playoff and just whoever has the most team points after the regular season is the team champion.

Some random thoughts... under the current engine 170 would for me the max weightclass. I agree that a discussion about the lenght makes sense... i think the playoffs are a bad spot for making a cut though. It's true that in the past the interest was a bit down arriving playoff time, but i think it just had to do with the grueling group stage. Maybe seperate the two "leagues" fully, so 6 group stage fight days, best two teams survive each and meat in the semi finals, leage vs league then, 1a vs 2b, 1b vs 2a.

It's not the perfect solution, that being said. But "general interest" is a main factor here and i think this reduced way could be more appealing for many.

I might have a guy at 205 or 145.

Edit: Maybe Home/Away fight days for semi finals, final?

I seriously lol at how many people are scared if the engine. fukn chickenshits.

Well in all fairness to Roger, the 1 thing I will say we experienced in season 2 (265+ division) was more injuries having an effect on fights. Big guys hit harder and usually guys throw their power a little more at the higher weight classes and led to more 16 day injuries. It's been so long now that I almost kinda forgot that.

My main concern w/ the lighter weights is/was i know usually 155 and under are thinner weight classes generally and finding 40 guys is a chore in itself, I always just worry going too low in weight will make it extremely difficult to fill. BUT that's why I put the poll up to see what guys thought

I would sign up for a shortened version of ITFL, similar to that proposed by Roger. I prefer WW, but I have a fighter who would suits in MW too.

All of my fighters are 230K Id but i would still like to be a part of this. It seems like it would be a lot of fun. With that being said I would sign up only if a team needed me at 200k. At 220k I would be searching for a team. Hope all goes well and I will keep updated with this thread to see were it goes.

Definitely sticking to 200+K ID @ Davies. I think by September'ish 220K ID guys will be skilled enough to compete against 200K guys anyway.

The reason I wanna stick to 200 is cause the likelihood I get 40 guys between 200K-210K ID is probably not high. Even in the last season which was 180K ID we had quite a few 195-200K ID guys joining. Guys like Kenta Kobashi did extremely well despite not "just" making the ID range. So with that in mind I'm expecting 200-225K ID guys will likely sign up. If I went 220K it'd end up being 220K-245K guys & 245K is still too young to fight every 2 weeks over the span of 2 tycoon years (6 mo RL)
Here is 1 of Blunts guys near 220K
I'd project by September'ish his skills are 11 11 14 black & that'd be fine IMO

If its a lighter weight my guy is a 208k or 223id. MW and above its 217k or 225k.

I was thinking it would be awesome if an ID restricted org or two entered in a team made up of fighters signed there. If any org owners wanted to do that, I'm sure we'd be able to get them high hype fights to ME the cards to substitute for the missing fighters as they competed in ITFL.