TWW News - Half year awards and some org updates

Designer of the year  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Designer of the year

http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

I had promised myself this shit was done at the start of the year but there have been a lot of developments and movements in tycoon, plus I have my annual half year awards to dish out.

The Org World

There have been some dynamic shifts in the org world, I am going to summarize them here.

The ownership switched earlier on in the year with the merger between Silent Fighting Championship. Shortfuse made the deal happen along with SFC’s board which consisted of Jeffery Ramirez and KC Cooper. This merger wasn’t enough as the org wanted to rotate the roster and bring in new and young talent. The Syn board bought AMSFC which is now acting as a feeder org to Syn. The recent merger and injection of youth has seen Syn rise to number two on my power org board leapfrogging MFN.

Speaking of MFN they have also made changes recently. First up is the merger of its feeder org NYFN into MFN along with Bjorn and JLP joining MFN’s staff. The merger didn’t go smoothly but a few backhanders here and there and it was all sorted out. Bjorn has since left MFN and rumours have it that JLP will be following suit after the conclusion of the EPL. MFN slide down one and it wasn’t because a drop in talent in MFN. There truly are three power orgs now in Tycoon.

Evo wraps up the power three orgs in tycoon and also made a recent partnership with Troid which has effectively made Troid Evo’s feeder org. Talking to Jug about it personally he felt as if Troid had some of the best up and coming talent in the game and wanted to make sure they competed in the best org once they had completed their training in Troid. I don’t know what Troid get in return to be honest, I am gonna assume it is a few superfights and help recruiting young fighters.

It really is an interesting time in Tycoon as orgs aim to get younger and better. Some orgs such as CEC have been falling apart as their aging roster coupled with the lack of recruitment have seen them slide and without ad manipulation could find themselves in serious trouble if ad manipulation is removed. Gus I know has been busy at work and I am sure he will apply himself when he can to returning CEC to its former glories.

That wraps up everything really about the orgs.

Onto the half year awards since some of the stuff I wanted to cover will be covered in this.

Fighter of the year – Leo Ferreira/Bowser Stormcrow

I feel as if this has turned into a two horse race between these two with Rinky Spider falling to Verg recently. Tiago Renato could turn it on in the second half of the year but the lack of competition in Syn is starting to hurt the superstar. You could also tip Pablo to make a run but with the middleweight division being quite iffy recently with no real superstars which could be his weakness; plus you know it was one of those fighters Mosyes picked up illegally.

Manager of the year – Myself

It seems big headed, egotistical or just being a cbomb; but to be fair I couldn’t think of anyone else other than Moyses and considering the way he got his current batch of fighters I couldn’t put him in. That is all I really have to say on the matter, you can enter in anyone you think I have missed.

Org of the year – Evolution

Once again, it may seem biased but if you look at the top 20 fighters inside Evo, it rarely drops below 80. This means a quarter of the top fighters in the game fight in the same org; which is unheard of in tycoon. MFN and Syn could make a strong push but I still think Evo retains its org of the year award.

Tournament of the year

I have it with Insanity at the moment but I think if the ITFL gets off to a good start it could take it. Both tournaments though are showcasing some of the best young talent Tycoon has to offer so both tournament providers deserve a pat on the back for them.

Writer of the year – Toss up between three people.

It is between Steel, Wolf and GBK who all have different styles of writing. Steel has been trash talking and hyping up a story which was aimed at me and the rest of Convicted which has just turned into a free for all story, prolly my vote for thread of the year also. Wolf has been grinding out previews for orgs and has been consistently good as expected; I pipped him to the post last year with a last minute vote apparently so says Grant. Grant is the next one on the list, he does org previews for Evo whenever it is a big event. His write ups are some of the best org wise in the game and the layout for them is top notch.

Designer of the year

I am going to leave a poll for this one, I am not a guy who checks out graphics a lot.

I have no idea if there are going to be a list for each weight class but if there were one it would be in the following order

135 – Judd

145 – Jameson

155 – Too close to call right now

170 – Stormcrow

185 – Falco/Escobar (depends if you would vote for Moyses)

205 – Renato

265 – Leo

265+ - Andrei Kersikov

265+ is a bit biased but Rinky has lost twice now and Andrei has lost once including defeating Ascension champ Bo. I also have heard Rinky is retiring.

I’ll do honourable mentions and that stuff at a later date, for now this is it for the one off edition of TWW News.

Adios.

• Upvote 10

Excellent read

Hard to say for Designer, as when you look at the people, there is some top notch work in there. I'd give it to Beck, without trying to sound biased, as his posters are some of the best around right now, and he does some quality avatars as well.

I think Igor could have a good go for manager of the year if he does well in the next 6 months of the year.

I would add Dee for designer of the year to the poll. He is very good.

And for tournament, I think EPL should be in it for sure as well. I know, I'm a bit biased, but it runs very smooth and has an entertaining thread, people can view the rankings after the events,... and some fighters really showed themselves to the world.

• Upvote 2

I would add in GONY for tournament of the year

Cheers! Although As the tourny organizer even I have to go against this lol. Not to blow my own horn but I think its a cool tourney style with the draft picks, its an exciting tourney but I was lazy with background story and write ups this time which i think 'the best tourney of the year' needs. So I have myself to blame for that as I literally did minimal writing. I think ITFL will end up being the best, which unfortunately I didnt have a guy for. EPL is fun again with no write ups really but Im in the semi's so so far i would vote for that haha.

I am really keen to get another GONY with a couple of little tweaks on the go and put the effort in to do write ups and what not so keep your eyes peeled!

Also good to see TWWN back!

• Upvote 2

Cheers! Although As the tourny organizer even I have to go against this lol. Not to blow my own horn but I think its a cool tourney style with the draft picks, its an exciting tourney but I was lazy with background story and write ups this time which i think 'the best tourney of the year' needs. So I have myself to blame for that as I literally did minimal writing. I think ITFL will end up being the best, which unfortunately I didnt have a guy for. EPL is fun again with no write ups really but Im in the semi's so so far i would vote for that haha.

I am really keen to get another GONY with a couple of little tweaks on the go and put the effort in to do write ups and what not so keep your eyes peeled!

Also good to see TWWN back!

Whilst i agree with you that it could of done with some more user interaction etc. i thoroughly enjoyed participating so it gets my vote over ones like ITFL etc. where i cant enter lol. Another GONY would be awesome!

Great stuff.

I would say that Klaz is best manager in the game. He is like Lance few years ago. Hes whole roster is really solid and over half of those guys have probably been in top 50 p4p at this year.

1, 2 :sick01: Ranking is just a ranking.

The problem for Klatz is sustaining it. He has been very streaky to be fair, in March i had him pegged at manager of the year. After following his ups and downs through-out the year which was the one big thing about Lance was he consistently done it; not periodically while on a hot streak.

Wow, I made it to the nominees list and even got a vote not from myself :D I don't even think of myself as of graphics guy, I just do some posters for my events or a couple avatars and that's it, but thanks guys, it was a pleasant surprise :)

I vote for Catako, he seems to have made a lot of good top notch avatars for me, also started to play in with some moving backgrounds that look extremely well :)