About "Sparring accounts"/Multis

VeikkoK

As all probably know, it's easy to make multiple accounts, and if you do it right, you probably never get caught, as only hard evidence is IP-address where the accounts are logged on. Some people seem to have multiple accounts so they can use other account's fighters to 1-1 sparring partners for the main account. There's also cases where the "sparring account" is actually created by other person, but just to help a friend or something. Some people have even said this, and nothing has been done, as that is not really cheating, just "social networking"... One day somebody just asks all his friends in facebook to create an account, and make some sparring partners, money laundering fighters etc just to help him...

I know Mike has much more important things to do than hunting multis all day, but anyway here's one suggestion which would make it easier to get rid of the most obvious sparring accounts, multis or not. Change the rules so that it is also forbidden to make account to just help a friend. Then if there seems to be account which is obviously not made for real playing, that account could be just deleted without need to have same IP address as some other account. Now if I make another account from different IP and use it just to help my main account, nothing can be done as I can just say that's my brother who just wants to help me or something like that...

Of course then the question is, when does Mike know when some account is just sparring account? Well, if all fighters are wonderful in one skill and lousy on others, manager have zero fights and maybe hasn't even been logged in in months, his fighters are all in some expensive private gym, I would say it's pretty damn certain that account is not made for real playing.

Here's one example of those accounts I'm talking about: http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofileman...php?MgrID=24034

Manager hasn't logged on since the day of registration, he only has one fighter which is abysmal/abysmal/wonderful/white, that fighter trains in private gym which has 600$ fees, and that fighter seems to constantly get donations somewhere so he can pay those fees. By quickly checking all full gyms with less than 20 members, one can find several that kind of accounts...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with this, but its a lot easier said than done.

What signifies someone deserving of deletion? (And, btw, in case you didn't know, I've heard that Mike has deleted situations like this in the past) I just worry that if you automate this, you are being too restrictive on functionality and hurting the game, and if you don't automate it, it just becomes a witch-hunt.

If someone has a 'friend' create an account, and makes 3 "sparring partners" and 1 "normal" fighter, does that exclude them from being deleted? If someone creates 4 sparring partners and signs in daily, does that exclude them? Signs in weekly? Fights a QFC once a week? Signs with an org?

Don't get me wrong - I think having your friend create an account for your use is bullshit, but sometimes I worry that, in our effort to fix "problems" we end up hurting ourselves.

Yeah, this case looks open and shut. Good work Detective.

There must be dozens more like the one in the OP, and there definitely should be bans of the multi account AND some kind of penalty for the VIP manager involved.

Bans? No.

Nerfing? Heck yes.

2 Blitzkrieg champions in that sparring gym, and as pointed one partner is definitely some sort of multi account. Theres no other way it could function as there is no money being generated. Mystery donations keep falling on that fighter to train and the only beneficiary is Sheikh Muhammad Bin Al Haraq and his fighters.

2 Blitzkrieg champions in that sparring gym, and as pointed one partner is definitely some sort of multi account. Theres no other way it could function as there is no money being generated. Mystery donations keep falling on that fighter to train and the only beneficiary is Sheikh Muhammad Bin Al Haraq and his fighters.

Really?

Pretty obvious that whomever is in that gym needs to be nerfed as this one is blatant.

Really?

Pretty obvious that whomever is in that gym needs to be nerfed as this one is blatant.

a quick look at the gym reveals 4 fighters, one is the one in the OP, there is another fighter who is a brown belt (with nothing else) who is un-signed and has never fought, and then there are 2 champions.

i'd just like to add that was by no means a swipe at blitzkreig, i mean for all i know the same could be happening at my org, i dont check guys training out or anything. It probably happens everywhere.

i'd just like to add that was by no means a swipe at blitzkreig, i mean for all i know the same could be happening at my org, i dont check guys training out or anything. It probably happens everywhere.

he is not a champ at blitzkreig -- those are older belts from other orgs

I agree with most of what has been discussed here. The only issue I have is about deleting accounts due to 2 accounts logging in from the same IP address. I have been playing the game for over a month now, purchased a VIP, started a fight org, and am having a blast running everything. My wife also happens to be abit of an MMA nut, and wanted to give the game a try. So we signed her up and she now has 4 fighters training, so should her account be deleted solely based on our IP address showing multiple accounts? I would have to say absolutely not. I'm sure many people on here share computers with others, so the IP address would be a tricky one to deal with in my opinion.

CG

I agree with most of what has been discussed here. The only issue I have is about deleting accounts due to 2 accounts logging in from the same IP address. I have been playing the game for over a month now, purchased a VIP, started a fight org, and am having a blast running everything. My wife also happens to be abit of an MMA nut, and wanted to give the game a try. So we signed her up and she now has 4 fighters training, so should her account be deleted solely based on our IP address showing multiple accounts? I would have to say absolutely not. I'm sure many people on here share computers with others, so the IP address would be a tricky one to deal with in my opinion.

CG

Since this was brought up (and I am in no way accusing anyone, just speaking since your post reminded me)...

Using the same IP for multiple accounts is allowed if you have family or housemates living in the same house playing because, in most cases, they share an IP. You are supposed to contact Mike privately and tell him of this as soon as a 2nd account is created so he knows everything is on the up-and-up.

With that said, I think there should be stricter restrictions on "family" accounts - no in-game interaction. It has become too "easy" for a multi to claim that his brother or roommate has an account and that's the end of the discussion - I can start an account right now, and tell Mike that I'm my girlfriend. The benefits of being a multi are severely limited if there can be no fighting in an org, or filling up a gym or anything between accounts.

I have played a game called CyberNations for a long time and multis used to be a rampant problem there as well. If family uses the same IP, you are allowed to inform Admin immediately. If Admin finds accounts that are using the same IP that have not been brought to their attention, they are banned and hard-deleted (erased from memory - no recovery) immediately with no questions asked. If Admin is made aware of accounts that use the same IP, but finds that they are interacting in-game, they are both banned and hard-deleted immediately with no questions asked. I haven't really heard about a major multi incident in at least a year.

FYI - those are Syndicate champions that were just signed this morning.

ahh my mistake, just saw the logo and belts at a glance and made the incorrect assupmtion.

I don't disagree with this, but its a lot easier said than done.

What signifies someone deserving of deletion? (And, btw, in case you didn't know, I've heard that Mike has deleted situations like this in the past) I just worry that if you automate this, you are being too restrictive on functionality and hurting the game, and if you don't automate it, it just becomes a witch-hunt.

If someone has a 'friend' create an account, and makes 3 "sparring partners" and 1 "normal" fighter, does that exclude them from being deleted? If someone creates 4 sparring partners and signs in daily, does that exclude them? Signs in weekly? Fights a QFC once a week? Signs with an org?

Don't get me wrong - I think having your friend create an account for your use is bullshit, but sometimes I worry that, in our effort to fix "problems" we end up hurting ourselves.

This and only this