About "Sparring accounts"/Multis

VeikkoK

what matty is saying is there isnt really anyway to know if they are legit or not and easiest way to do so would be just dont have them work together in anyway -- friends and alliance mates dont and wont have same ip except maybe for logging in if they are at the friends house but not same ip all the time -- i understand both sides

Makes sense, I can see it being impossible to tell who is and isn't legitimate. The only thing I'd add is if it is only a small part of the population are they really going to imbalance the game ?

As I said, it wouldn't effect me either way just sucks for those few who are doing it legitimately.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what matty is saying is there isnt really anyway to know if they are legit or not and easiest way to do so would be just dont have them work together in anyway -- friends and alliance mates dont and wont have same ip except maybe for logging in if they are at the friends house but not same ip all the time -- i understand both sides

Yes, to whydie and thegroovemonkey, I am sorry for the confusion. I meant this ^^^. Not just friends and coworkers - that's fine. I'm talking strictly same IP - like brothers, father/son, roommates, etc. I totally realize this sucks because it affects good people adversely. Unfortunately, if your goal is to clear out multis (and the precedent is set), I think its a necessary evil.

Makes sense, I can see it being impossible to tell who is and isn't legitimate. The only thing I'd add is if it is only a small part of the population are they really going to imbalance the game ?

Honestly, I don't know. An earlier person threw out the 5% of 10,000 active managers with a smaller % actual multis and not two people using the same IP. I think there are a LOT less active managers, and I think the % of multis to be a good bit higher. But, we don't know, and, furthermore, we don't know if having 500 or 1,000 or 100 or 2000 accounts involved in multi-activities is adversely affecting the game.

double post accident :sad01_anim:

Here's a picture of Scarlett J instead:

http://dietrichthrall.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/scarlett_johansson_allure.jpg

I wouldn't mind a bit of multi action with her!

She could be my sparring dummy any time!

Hell i wouldn't mind 'laundering' something in her 'account'

and so on.....

I'm still baffled by all the worry over this one thing in the game. I doesn't matter what the thing in question is, their will always be at least a couple individuals looking for a way to "get a leg up" on the competition. I joined this game, and within a short period of time came to the conclusion that running an Organization would be a fun challenge and bring an interesting side to this game for me. I recruited my ass off, and now have a decent sized stable of fighters with some great managers whom I enjoy working with. Not to mention that I made some ingame friends, hired a VP, and made some partnerships for my company including a Proud Gym in Hilo that one of my fighters managers approached me about. I take some pride in the fact that I have been able to accomplish this due to logging in some long hours on game and having, what I think, is a solid gameplan for my company. Now all that being said like I mentioned earlier in this thread my wife happens to be a huge MMA fan, and she seen me gettting really involved in this game. So naturally she wanted to give it a try. She created some fighters in my area, and we signed them up to my Organization. They received the exact same contract as any other 0-0 fighter would get in my company, and will not receive one second of special treatment due to our relationship. That's just the way I am I guess not everyone is cut from the same cloth, and some people would use this to their advantage, but what fun is a fixed game? I informed Mike about this after reading through this thread and realizing that some people would use this as a way to "get that leg up". It upsets me that I have to worry about myself looking like a Multi due to the actions of some knuckleheads, as I look forward to playing the game with the Mrs. All that being said if it came down to it I would cancel all her fighters contracts, and force her to sign with a rival if that's what people thought would be fair. I just think its BS that a few can ruin the game for the many. And that is my 2 cents!

CG

I have believed then and now that VIPs in the same IP address cant be treated as a Multi (except maybe from instant VIPs). Its the one who are non-VIPs who can be suspected. So if you are all VIPs in one big house, more power to you all and more money for Mike

I have believed then and now that VIPs in the same IP address cant be treated as a Multi (except maybe from instant VIPs). Its the one who are non-VIPs who can be suspected. So if you are all VIPs in one big house, more power to you all and more money for Mike

i wouldnt say that -- one of the guys that did multi deal awhile back had around 10 vips multi accounts -- several orgs, gyms, supps and clothing

Yes, to whydie and thegroovemonkey, I am sorry for the confusion. I meant this ^^^. Not just friends and coworkers - that's fine. I'm talking strictly same IP - like brothers, father/son, roommates, etc. I totally realize this sucks because it affects good people adversely. Unfortunately, if your goal is to clear out multis (and the precedent is set), I think its a necessary evil.

I got ya, I thought you meant any IP's that happen to cross paths.

It sucks for people who do live in the same house and are playing the game legitimately because there is no way that I know of to differentiate between managers who are actually brothers and one manager claiming to be brothers. I'm just happy the roommate of mine who likes MMA moved out before I found this game, otherwise I'd have tried to convince him to play and would look really bad on any IP check.

Cheaters ruin it for everyone. :sad01_anim:

• 4 months later...
First let me just say I don't think you're a multi.

However, I don't think interaction between players from the same IP should be allowed in general.

Not because there's anything wrong with legit interaction like that but simply because it makes it much much harder to weed out multis doing the same thing.

If my brother is allowed to sign with my org or join my gym etc then every multi will use the 'brother' defense. It's a lot easier to just say if you want to play from the same IP fine but stay out of eachothers' business.

Na people I'm pretty sure it's clear that I'm Avon Barksdale :P

I would agree with you 100% but seeing how I do enjoy this game with my brother I have a very, very, biased opinion that prolly won't change. I understand completely, and you're absolutely right. What you say is true though, and I think I tried to point that out in one of my post.

But like I said, I have a biased opinion this situation.

I have put in A LOT of thought into this.

This is an old issue, and I'm bringing it up. When I first got back, it was a pain in the ass to get Tony to start playing again. Kinda felt us "separating" our fighters and what we do from each other would lead to him quitting again shortly after I left/or leave. Now that he's active and signs on without me reminding him, I have changed my mind on how I felt before.

If I had to, I'd have no problem segregating ourselves from each other - for the most part. I'd still buy the clothes cuz I paid for them with my fighters money to be created, he just put them in his store and I absolutely LOVE Convicted clothes. There are ways around this though, we have a Convicted Kings clothing in London if he sold everything Tony sold in his store then I would never have to spend my fighters money at Tony's shop. I'd keep his fighters out of my gym, Convicted Fight Club. This would prevent us from crossing paths financially.

One issue, we are in the same alliance and obviously will stay in the same alliance. That aint never gonna change. (Why would it?) Anyway, what about us having fighters in another alliance members gym? Would that be wrong? Obviously if he was my multi I can just set up all his fighters to my training needs in someone elses gym as easy as I could my own. So should we keep all of our fighters out of the same gyms? There's a lot of loopholes I'm seeing in this "same IP stay away from each other for the integrity of the game" idea.

This would be easy if we were told this before joining and getting this deep into it, it would take a lot of moves to get us out of the same gyms (which we could do cuz thankfully my alliance has two gyms in Vegas and two in LA), he has a couple fighters signed under an org I pretty much run. He wants a champ in Convicted (good luck lol) so I don't know if he'd agree to move from the org BUT at this stage in the game I definitely would cut his fighters if I HAD to.

I know there's another set of brothers on here, the Lowich brothers I think, the ones who run Russian Combat and I think they stay totally separated (at least from what I read somewhere) and I'd have no problem doin the same thing IF it was required or a rule.

I'm addressing this situation because I have a hypocritical view on this subject living under the same roof as him and having been working together for so long it'd take some adjusting to do what backelie was talking about, but for the greater sake of the game (you could say) I'd be willing to make changes IF it was enforced and things started to get cracked down upon. Cuz we're just a small duo of fish in a large shark tank of multi accounts.

Unfortunately with this IP address issue, you really can only prevent a handful of cheaters and not all of them. Which sucks but it is an online game and like JBomb said even though it needs to be enforced, I'm not about to put on the police vest myself and get involved with the "which hunting" process. I'm gonna play the game regardless. I've also come to accept the fact that I'd play the game regardless if me and Tony could do business with eachother or not.

One other thing, doing this may be unfair to others who might be in mine and Tony's situation. Seeing how we're both well established now, we can more than afford to go our own ways. Others might not be able to and who the hell knows, maybe without Tony I might not be where I am today or was in this game. So it's debatable.

This is my scrambled essay regarding my change of mind about this situation. But I definitely see why you can't/shouldn't allow the IP address thing to work together, etc. Because where do you draw the line, what's allowed what isn't, blah blah. Anyway, just sayin I agree & I've had a change of heart on the matter after being around the game more and more.

For the record, I'm not declaring this or that needs to be done, or changes need to happen now, I was looking for the smacktalk thread for MGL to see if I ever did any Marcello Sosa interviews and I found my post on here started reading things and realized that my mind and views on the matter have changed over time so I thought I'd mention it.

You're like an addict Kep. No matter how many times you say you aren't going to respond to this thread you keep coming back. You almost had it quit but once an addict always an addict and here you are posting again months later. You need to seek help and I dont mean by making up an imaginary therapist :sad01_anim:

Marijuana. But I did say I wasn't gonna post here anymore, you do have a point with that.