Describe Real Fighters in Tycoon Terms

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cro-cop has NEVER trained MT. His kicks are pure Karate.

I think He actually might be a Brown belt.

Fedor... Who said feeble MT??? It's a bit ungainly but very effective.

Machida does MT??? Really????

Rickson Gracie = Triple elite everything with a red belt lol, kidding you noob fucks

Cro-cop has NEVER trained MT. His kicks are pure Karate.

I think He actually might be a Brown belt.

Fedor... Who said feeble MT??? It's a bit ungainly but very effective.

Machida does MT??? Really????

Rickson Gracie = Triple elite everything with a red belt lol, kidding you noob fucks

Yeah your funny... not

to clarify, this is what Roach actually said that Penn is ''one of the best strikers I've ever worked with''.

here's my source: http://blog.hdnetfights.com/post/444217166...r-freddie-roach

so to my knowledge he never said ''Penn's a better boxer than Silva'' like you guys are suggesting. Out of interest would you guys rate AA's boxing as sensational or low elite?

also think Fedor would be rated at a black belt for the purposes of this game's mechanics

In multiple interviews with Roach about boxing in MMA he says that Penn is the best boxer in MMA, one of the best punchers he has ever trained and that Anderson Silva just isn't ready to face the past prime Roy Jones. For me that's enough. You have to take note that Roach mainly talks about technique and skill level and that doesn't include reach, punching power, speed and other physical factors. Roach for example also doesn't agree that Manny Pacquiao is the best boxer he ever trained. He mentioned James Toney as the most technical and that together with Mike Tyson he's the most natural fighter.

Wrong! Just watched the interview and he said this "Anderson is one of those guys that give 30-40% when he was sparring here and he went eaven with the young HW's. Then I saw him on TV and thought to my self, that's a whole different guy, now he is bringing his A-game, he was giving a 100%."

That meaning, he wasn't showing off the real 100% Anderson Silva when he was training with Roach.

Firstly i'm not wrong because i said: "the consensus i got was..." which means that my opinion of what Freddy was saying was.....

his actual words were "i had him train with some of my guys, some young heavyweights, and he was about even"

On the whole from his whole demeanour when asked about him and what he says, he is suggesting that Silva was unimpressive in the gym and only gives 30-40%. From seeing him in the gym he said that he thought "maybe he's not as good as people think, maybe he should not fight Roy Jones"

Yes then he said he looked a different prospect on TV and he was very clever etc.

Im not disputing Silva's quality, I just don't think he's a great boxer I mean his record is 1-1....that doesn't quantify being mentioned in the same sentence as any 'great' boxer in 'boxing' terms.

In multiple interviews with Roach about boxing in MMA he says that Penn is the best boxer in MMA, one of the best punchers he has ever trained and that Anderson Silva just isn't ready to face the past prime Roy Jones.

do u have a source for either?

do u have a source for either?

There was an interview with Roach in inside MMA two weeks ago. It was an episode Ray Mercer, James Toney and Moons. I saw another interview a while back, but I'm not going to bother to find the source. Then there are some written interviews online, not so hard to find with google.

The almighty Joe Rogan actually said about GSP that he's Elite in all aspects of the game. I bet he's playing tycoon :P

Well if he did than he would've known better. It's impossible to be elite in everything :D

• 2 weeks later...
Elite wrestling, Mediocre boxing & Abysmal MT

People seem to won't to ignore the fact Lesner won the 2000 NCAA wrestling title after coming in 2nd in 1999. Short of Olympic Gold, I'd call that Elite too.- He probably doesn't have a peer in wrestling in all of MMA. Hughes never finished higher than 5th, and maybe Bobby Lashley is at the same level as a wrestler. A lot of these guys people are calling great wrestlers are BJJ guys or some other martial arts. Fedor for example, is a Judo/Sambo guy.... not really an "elite wrestler".. (that and Fedor needs to quit fighting pushovers- Werdum? are you serious?)

What makes Lesner special is he managed to move some of his skill points over to his physicals. Along with his strength being likely in the

exceptional-sensational range. His balance and speed are also wonderful-exceptional.

You are 100% correct.

While he doesn't train in BJJ, Sambo is the closest martial art discipline to MMA. Fedor has displayed enough grappling in his fights to show that he is as good as any ADCC grappler. Just because he doesn't have a belt doesn't mean he couldn't roll with any "Elite" black belt or Olympic Wrestler.

Your totally underestimating wrestling by saying that. In a pure wrestling match,,, he couldn't "roll with" Lesner or Lashley. Especially Lashley, who is a better wrestler than Lesner in all probability.