DO NOT SIGN ANY FIGHTERS WITH DUNGEON FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP IN VEGAS!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

part of it was also to give hime some of his own treatment. pride was known to pull the old inactivity clause trick and they were known to underpay fighters. these are the facts. there's a reason why pride always had the lowest payotus and all the guys in pride had much less money than the guys in syncity. he had no problems treating people badly, but now when it's the other way around...he isnt a fan of it i guess, heh. isn't that just a convenient situation.
i could really hold you out for 10 months if i really wanted to. i didnt force you to sign a contract that expired 10 months from now.
i'm just treating you hwo you treated so many others in the PRIDE days.

there's a reason why a nice guy like frankyfin refuses to fight any of your fighters and generally wont deal with you.

Few questions:

1. What the hell does Franky have to do with this?

2. Why do you seem to be enjoying doing this to an alliance mate?

3. Why the hell are you two in the same alliance?

Am I supposed to just release him and take the loss? Am I supposed to allow his inactivity to expire so he comes out ahead? Or don't I have the right to reset the inactivity clause and make him sit until the contract expires? I think the answer is C, and, thus, immediately pulling fight offers is not a "bitch move"! :P

It's the misuse of a tool within the game for a purpose of personal gain. Two wrongs don't make a right, and a previous wrong doesn't make this any less of a bitch move. You got burnt in a contract, it sucks, but it doesn't justify cheating.

Few questions:

1. What the hell does Franky have to do with this?

2. Why do you seem to be enjoying doing this to an alliance mate?

3. Why the hell are you two in the same alliance?

probably cause he was trying to get franky to take the belt --- even alliance's have issues -- didn't you almost get voted out of yours? shit happens and not every see's eye to eye

I could really care less about the situation in this thread - I see both sides of the argument, and I'm sure only 2 people know the truth and they can work it out themselves as bringing things to the forums usually make the poster look bad.

With that said, sending fight offers that you immediately cancel is not always a "bitch move". For example, I have an org in Hilo, and I sign a fighter from Rio. In addition to a large signing bonus, I give him 14k travel costs. I book the fighter to a fight and, come fight time, the fighter fails to move and NCs. Upon discussion, the fighter asks for his release. I agree to the release, but ask for the signing bonus to be repaid since, well, why should I give the fighter 14k+ just to NC my event? The manager refuses to repay the signing bonus. Am I supposed to just release him and take the loss? Am I supposed to allow his inactivity to expire so he comes out ahead? Or don't I have the right to reset the inactivity clause and make him sit until the contract expires? I think the answer is C, and, thus, immediately pulling fight offers is not a "bitch move"! :P

imo if you own an org in hilo you should only sign fighters in hilo.That's just how i feel though.

probably cause he was trying to get franky to take the belt --- even alliance's have issues -- didn't you almost get voted out of yours? shit happens and not every see's eye to eye
Franky thinking Shawn is a douche is irrelevant to that issue.

A vote would be a sensible, democratic, civilized, and a mature method of handling an issue. On both ends, this is behaving in a malicious manner towards a member of your own alliance.

I'm hijacking this thread...

It's the misuse of a tool within the game for a purpose of personal gain. Two wrongs don't make a right, and a previous wrong doesn't make this any less of a bitch move. You got burnt in a contract, it sucks, but it doesn't justify cheating.

Well, I know you recently took over TFL. Send one of my fighters a contract with a 50k signing bonus. Send a fight offer - I'll accept. After I NC and you ask me why, I'll tell you I didn't feel like flying and its your fault I didn't show up, and we'll see if your whistling the same tune! :P

What if the situation is slightly different, and the fighter you sent a 50k signing bonus to went inactive before he fought. The fighter has been inactive for 87 days days (with 30 day inactivity clause) and is about to become a FA. The chance is there that when someone picks the fighter up, he'll immediately Leave the contract because the inactivity is surpassed. Is it still "cheating"/"bitch move"?

So, even as an org owner, you think org owners should have no recourse for being screwed from behind?

imo if you own an org in hilo you should only sign fighters in hilo.That's just how i feel though.

Joke?

Don't get me wrong, Matty, I totally see your point, but I just don't agree with the methodology, as it makes it far too easy for org owners to abuse this little "loop-hole". Personally, I would never sign a fighter for that kind of money if I wasn't certain that their manager was a stand-up guy, but I've been swindled myself and you can't always have a perfect understanding with the hundreds of guys in an org.

So, yes, I do think it is deserved in certain cases, but it's nothing I would do myself, as I think it's an unfair exploit. And yes, I know that fighters can unfairly exploit the system, too. Perhaps a system should be in place that would limit the number of times a fighter can decline a fight over the course of a contract?

Not having a good enough fighter ready to take his belt before his contract is over is not a good excuse to use an exploit to work around the inactivity clause.

So i had to really read closely to understand what is going on. Hurter is the champ, Fman want to find someone who has a good shot at beating the champ so he doesnt take the big hype hit for stripping him. Correct? That to me seems more legit.

If he simply didn't want to renegotiate and Fman was punishing him, now that would be a problem.

It is simply because I didn't want to renegotiate extra fights on the contract.

2 months ago he threatened to hold my fighter out for a year unless I signed a contract extension and he's been fulfilling on that threat ever since.

This is THE FIRST TIME in the last 63 days that there has been any talk of Hater Hurter getting a fight. Do you think it takes any halfway decent org owner 63 days to get a fighter a fight? And, just coincidentally, he gets the fight on the very night this thread is made? Does any of this pass the smell test?

By the way, I still do not have a fight offer.

I want to reiterate, this is no trivial amount of time. I have been trying to resolve this issue for over 2 months behind closed doors. I don't post on these forums much, I don't like making things a big deal. It consumes energy I'd rather invest in other activities. But at this point, it has gone to such an extreme that people have to know what this kid is all about. Others need to be warned of the risks of dealing with Dungeon Fighting Championships in Las Vegas so this doesn't happen to them.

Not having a good enough fighter ready to take his belt before his contract is over is not a good excuse to use an exploit to work around the inactivity clause.
Basically.

To everyone talking about how awesome DFC is for you and your fighters, good for you.

Better make sure you aren't holding a championship with one fight left, aren't interested in resigning, and he doesn't have anyone on the roster at the moment who he believes can beat your fighter.

Otherwise, you are FUCKED.

Note: Never cared for Shawn, get along with F-Man, but this is some fucked shit, especially for a member of your own alliance? Wow.

invictus...all the dbz jokes we shared...it was for nothing, heh.

yo usay it's fucked up that i'm doing this to an alliance mate, i say it's fucked up he wanted to leave my organization with the title. when he told me that, i told him straight up...i'm gonna try to find someone who can take the title from you. i said i wouldnt make him wait 10 months but it wouldnt be a quick process. i told him this straight up and never got a response. WD has had a history of having bad communication with me and nto answering PM's, so i decided to ignore his last PM to me. like i said...i'm doing to WD what he did to others. i learned the inactivity trick FROM HIM. he's been accused of it many times...ask around. i would gladly let other champs leave if they decide not to extend their deal, but i expected better from an alliance member. now he's gonna come in here and throw around the whole "OMG THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT AN ALLIANCE MEMBER!!!!!???1111"....doesnt work for me.

this is a guy who would ask for sponsorships from people when he has 6 million dollars sitting in his account. this is a guy who would ask me to pay his other fighters when it was time to renegotiate. if he didnt have a title holder in my org...i wouldve stopped dealing with him long ago. he's kicking and screaming for something that he's done to numerous people. he event went onto a forum completely unrelated to this game to try and make me look bad. i fear he mgiht have serious problems and he should probably take a step away from the game for a bit.

i was playing the game. i used the inactivity trick just as he did. i didnt force him to sign a contract that ended 10 months from now. if you cant read the terms of a simple contract, then you probably shouldnt be playing the game? is the trick a bit unfair...yeah, but again...he did it all the time.

and frankyfin had nothing at all to do with this. i just think it's odd that a guy who is liked by everyone could hate WD. WD ran itno our alliance page running his mouth about private conversations he and frankyfin had. the guy has badmouthed the game and the creator many times. if one of his fighters lose a fight...you better believe a thread full of complaints will be made. he has no honor and will go around and cry when he doesnt get his away.

he knew from day one what the situation was. all there is to it.

invictus...all the dbz jokes we shared...it was for nothing, heh.

yo usay it's fucked up that i'm doing this to an alliance mate, i say it's fucked up he wanted to leave my organization with the title. when he told me that, i told him straight up...i'm gonna try to find someone who can take the title from you. i said i wouldnt make him wait 10 months but it wouldnt be a quick process. i told him this straight up and never got a response. WD has had a history of having bad communication with me and nto answering PM's, so i decided to ignore his last PM to me. like i said...i'm doing to WD what he did to others. i learned the inactivity trick FROM HIM. he's been accused of it many times...ask around. i would gladly let other champs leave if they decide not to extend their deal, but i expected better from an alliance member. now he's gonna come in here and throw around the whole "OMG THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT AN ALLIANCE MEMBER!!!!!???1111"....doesnt work for me.

this is a guy who would ask for sponsorships from people when he has 6 million dollars sitting in his account. this is a guy who would ask me to pay his other fighters when it was time to renegotiate. if he didnt have a title holder in my org...i wouldve stopped dealing with him long ago. he's kicking and screaming for something that he's done to numerous people. he event went onto a forum completely unrelated to this game to try and make me look bad. i fear he mgiht have serious problems and he should probably take a step away from the game for a bit.

i was playing the game. i used the inactivity trick just as he did. i didnt force him to sign a contract that ended 10 months from now. if you cant read the terms of a simple contract, then you probably shouldnt be playing the game? is the trick a bit unfair...yeah, but again...he did it all the time.

and frankyfin had nothing at all to do with this. i just think it's odd that a guy who is liked by everyone could hate WD. WD ran itno our alliance page running his mouth about private conversations he and frankyfin had. the guy has badmouthed the game and the creator many times. if one of his fighters lose a fight...you better believe a thread full of complaints will be made. he has no honor and will go around and cry when he doesnt get his away.

he knew from day one what the situation was. all there is to it.

When my fighter Joseph Jones just beat Fidel Puno for the HW belt, I asked Shawn who his first challenger would be. He told me that Shinya Iminari (who has managed by Anthony Genovese at the time) was the number 1 contender but I wasn't going to fight him because he told Shawn that he wanted more money or he was going to leave. So he was going to make him sit for 3-4 months until his contract expired. Let me repeat that. He told me he was going to make a grossly underpaid fighter sit because he asked for more money. So now, he turns around and bitches about this? Hypocrisy at its finest. Could you imagine the response if Iminari was actually the champ?

It doesn't surprise me. You do like to hear yourself talk.

Sup BLINDSIDED! How goes it my friend??

Sorry to hijack your thread WD and FMan, but had to say whats up to my friend here.

My brother had a fighter in DFO in his early career, DFO seemed like they treated him well.