Blood on the Canvas (BOTC) - official show thread

Winning Team  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the show?

• Team PWNAGE
    • Team BioPharm
    • Everyone's a winner here
    • This is a great competition... for me to poop on!!!

IC

<Team PWNAGE Coach Buster Gloves sits down with BOTC field reporter and MMA fanboy Marcus Downes. Buster Gloves is sitting in a leather chair with his feet kicked up on a desk. He is wearing a Team PWNAGE t-shirt and has a white BOTC coffee cup in his hands. Marcus Downes is wearing a BOTC polo t-shirt and is sitting in a steel folding chair next to the desk>

Marcus: Marcus Downes here with the coach of Team PWNAGE, Mr. Gloves

Buster: Helloooooo boys and girls, my name is Buster Gloves, and I love you.

Marcus: Oh man this is so exciting. Mr. Gloves, let me start off by saying what a pleasure it is to interview you. I've followed your career back to your early days as an extreme wrestler and I am a huge fan.

Buster: Well gee thanks Marcus, I think I can finally die happy.

Marcus: Uh yeh... thank you. Anyway, remember that time you powerbombed that guy off a scaffold on to an exploding barbed wire spider web and then you did a moonsault on to his face?

Buster: Well I had to get over 200 stitches and I almost bled out, so yeh I do remember that.

Marcus: ...that was awesome.

Buster: We gonna talk about the show or what?

Marcus: Yeh of course. I almost forgot. So...anyway...like you said...about the show...uh how do you think it's going.

Buster: How do I think it's going? That's your question? Jesus, its a good thing that I get a tax break for employing the mentally handicapped.

Marcus: Uhhh...

Buster: Great Marcus, everything is just peachy f*cking keen. Ask me about the god d*mn matchups already.

Marcus: Right. The matchups. You had first pick. Why did you pick who you picked?

Buster: Do you even know who's on the freaking show Marcus?

Marcus: Uh yeh. I do. I'm just a little nervous Mr. Gloves. Randy Musashi and Cus Jr. It was your first matchup. What was the strategy there?

Buster: Ok. So here's the plan Marcus. This first matchup is a statement-maker. We know that nobody can strike with Jr, so its a matter of what can finish the fight on the ground. Musashi is the guy that's going to do it. He's a wrestler with submission skills.

Marcus: Why not a brown belt like Willamoes or Bandulu?

Buster: Those two are great in a jiu jitsu competiton, but I'm just not sure they could get the fight to the ground. Musashi is going to tap out Cus Jr with an armar.

Marcus: Next Max Powers picked Marcus Wright to face AJ Kanada. You ok with that matchup?

Buster: I'll be honest, Wright is a one trick pony. He is great at getting to the ground, but from there he's like my grandma at a cuddle party. Powers did the smart thing by picking a fighter with no ground skills. However, Kanada is only a punch away from dropping Wright for good. Against any other fighter, Kanada would be able to wrestle them nWo-style, but it's going to take a lot of work on his takedown defence to keep Wright out of his game. Kanada's got his work cut out for him, but we will get him to where he need to be. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Wright's takedown defence is crap and that Kanada will get more takedowns in this fight. I look for him to win by decision.

Marcus: Interesting, you think Kanada is going to try to takedown Wright?

Buster: Look Jabroney, this thing is going to the ground whether we want it to or not. Why not beat him at his own game?

Marcus: Ok matchup 3. You picked Madison vs McMurray. What made you pick this fight?

Buster: I talked to Madison earlier this week. This is who he wanted to fight. The guy is smart and extremely talented, so hopefully giving him the fight he wanted puts confidence on his side as well. Plus I didn't want Powers to give my number 1 pick a bad matchup. So there you go.

Marcus: Powers then picked Frederick Stavich vs. Dwight Wells. Thoughts?

Buster: We talked about this before. Dwight Wells is the underdog in this competition. Because of his size, any matchup will be tough. However, he is an all-around fighter, so he matches up kind of the same with everyone. I would have left him till last and made him fight whoever was left over. I'm going to say Wells by decision.

Marcus: Next was Lasse Willamoes vs Noah Anderson. This one has me excited, how about you?

Buster: You get excited when you see balloons Marcus. This one is scary to me. I think Anderson is the best fighter on their team. I'm just hoping that he's dumb enough to take down Willamoes, so we can choke him the f*ck out. Prepare to go to sleep Wonderboy.

Marcus: Team BioPharm's last match up was Ghostdini vs Winnfield. Are you confident you can win this one?

Buster: Does a frog's balls hit the ground when he jumps? The answer is yes Marcus. The answer is yes. Ghostdini is sick on the ground, but this fight will never get there. He wrestles like old people hump, slow and awkward. Willamoes is going to stuff his takedown attempts and then punch him in the face until he sees stars. The only way Ghostdini will get to the ground is face down after a crazy overhand right.

Marcus: Nice. The final 2 picks were yours. Tell me about why you picked Badulu vs Mescudi and Rummer vs Lutsky.

Buster: Well the answer is simple, brown belts are the sh*t. Badulu and Mescudi are both BJJ brown belts, but Badulu is over 100 lbs heavier and is a better wrestler. Badulu is going to takedown Mescudi over and over until eventually he gets his back and finishes with a rear naked choke.

Marcus: And Rummer/Lutsky?

Buster: Let me start by saying that Rummer did the show a great favor by filling in for Roy Rogers. Rogers is such a dirty son of a b*tch that he came down we a serious infection in abdomen. I think the doctors said it was staph or MRSA or something like that. The fact is that this dude never washes, and we don't need him stinking up the gym or getting anyone else funkified. Rummer joined the show on short notice and started the show 2 weeks late. He is hooked up with another clothing company from across the pond called TESLA APPAREL. They told me about a fighter they had that was ready to fight. He knew that this late in the game, any fight will be tough for him and he still stepped up to the plate. So if anything, he has confidence. I've only met the guy once, and win or lose, I'm just glad he doesn't smell as bad as Rogers. Seriously at this point, as long as he shows up to the fight I will be happy. Anything after that is a bonus for me. But for the record, I'm gonna to predict that he breaks his f*cking life in half.

Marcus: Overall, how do you think the card is going to breakdown?

Buster: I'm happy with my picks and I see Team PWNAGE keeping control until the end of the show. I'm going to say that somewhere along the line something doesn't go as planned, but our team will still go 6-2.

Marcus: Thanks for your time Mr. Gloves. It has been an honor. And good luck on the show.

Buster: Thanks. And everybody be sure to watch Blood on the Canvas hosted by Fight Club NY on May 21st.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid Ghostdini enters the BOTC diary room.

“Anata wa zan'nen komentobasutâ suru yotei desu. Anata wa anata no sentô no jikan o akka 10 shi ta.Môshikomi, raundo 1. Sore ga zan'nin sa re masu.Watashi wa, ôku no kibishii sentô o tatakatte ki ta karera wa subete tappu shite. Onaji mono o kitai suru.”

(Subtitles)

You will be sorry for that comment Buster. You have made it ten times worse for your fighter.

Submission round 1, it will be brutal.

I have fought much tougher fighter and they have all tapped. Expect the same.

OOC

who's fighter is a heel and who's a babyface?

If you don't know what they mean then here are their meanings:

heel-a wrestling term for a bad guy, usually not a fan favourite.

Babyface- a wrestling term for a good guy, usually a fan favourite.

My fighter is a heel.

Guess I'm a tweener.

OOC

My fighter is a....face I guess, should be a fan's favorite sort of face, respect etc etc but you get on his nerve, he will gladly kill you.

ooc: lol i like how u bumped up every one else buster and just said i hope he makes it to the fight about ryan lol like the confidence. i mean seriously look at my profile u think ima get my first lose on this show? ya not gona happen

ooc

no harm intended, just trying to keep it in character. If Buster Gloves just met Rummer, he probably wouldn't know much about him and wouldn't be inclined to make bold statements. Anybody that started later theoretically should be at a disadvantage. It's no reflection of your skills as a manager or his as a fighter. Trust me, I'm thrilled to have you on my team rather than the previous manager. And I think you're gonna win this fight.

Also, I edited my post to hype up Rummer a little more.

Oh and about the whole Heel/Face/Tweener thing. I don't like the idea of putting labels on everyone's character. So many guys in MMA are nuetral. The rest are fan favorites in their hometowns or home countries. You say what you want to say and work any angle you want.

OOC

No doubt, it's all the fighter's own personality, instead of some gimmick and "created"/"keyfabe" personality in wrestling. But of course, we can still classified a big-mouth as a "Heel" and a respectful guy as a "Face", technically.

Daley is the furthest thing from a babyface that exists on this planet.

I agree. Koscheck is disliked world-wide (I think he's a prick, but he is great for the sport and always puts on a great show). Daley just ruined his career (and I hate him for that. He just set back UK MMA 3 years). Remember Jesse Taylor "JT Money" on TUF? The guy embarrassed the UFC and he never came back (eventhough he would have probably won the whole thing). Daley did the same. Because of the Diaz bros and Mayhem Miller, the UFC needed to show the world that this is a sport with class and Daley put a black eye on the what would have otherwise been a great card. You settle your matters in the ring, then you shake hands, and walk away. You don't cheap shot. It's like calling "truce" and then kicking someone in the nuts. So in my eyes, they are both heels, but neither one wants to be.

On a side note, I will not be on One More Round radio tonight. Mac McNulty and I were not able to coordinate a time for an interview before the show. I promise to get on the air before BOTC 1 and I will hype up this event and all the companies that are associated with it.

ooc

no harm intended, just trying to keep it in character. If Buster Gloves just met Rummer, he probably wouldn't know much about him and wouldn't be inclined to make bold statements. Anybody that started later theoretically should be at a disadvantage. It's no reflection of your skills as a manager or his as a fighter. Trust me, I'm thrilled to have you on my team rather than the previous manager. And I think you're gonna win this fight.

Also, I edited my post to hype up Rummer a little more.

Oh and about the whole Heel/Face/Tweener thing. I don't like the idea of putting labels on everyone's character. So many guys in MMA are nuetral. The rest are fan favorites in their hometowns or home countries. You say what you want to say and work any angle you want.

lol ya its no biggy i was not offended by it lol just mentioning

IC

(Rian Madison comes in the interview room and takes a seat. He's wearing a Team Pwnage jersey and a pair of Vale Tudo shorts.)

Marcus: Hey Rian

Rian: Sup Chief

Marcus: Are you ready for Lewis McMurray

Rian: C'mon Marcus, of course I'm ready! My coaches and I have developed a solid gameplan for the Cowboy. I hope he's ready, because I am. I don't expect this to be an easy fight though. I asked Buster if he could match me up with Cowboy because I think a win against him would look really good on my record. He's a gamer.

Marcus: How are you going to beat him?

Rian: Hopefully my wicked good looks take him off guard, and I'm able to land a nice punch or hell, even a flying triangle. Yeah, I think a flying triangle will do.

Marcus: What happens if you lose?

Rian: Lose? Well if I lose, then get sad. If I get sad, then I don't fight. And If I don't fight, then I don't eat. And If I don't eat, I stop living. And if I stop living, then I die...and that would be no fun.

Marcus: Alright Rian, I'll let you get back to your training. Best of luck against McMurray.

Rian: Thanks Marcus, best of luck on your interviews. If someone tries to knock you out again, give me a holler and bash some skulls for you.

IC

Rian Madison: Well, me and a few of the guys on Team Pwnage decided to play a prank on Ramon Mescudi, the last pick on Team Biopharm. So what we did was, we changed all the food that he asked for in the house to just Gerber babyfood and Ensure formula. And they actually brought that for him, so for a couple days, all he had was baby food and formula (laughs). It's gotten so boring in this house, that little things like that make us laugh for hours.

IC

By the manager of Leonel Lutsky and Ryan Rummer,

<It was a fresh morning, Leonel walks down the stair and hey...it was Ryan Rummer sitting at the living room alone, with other fighters doing their own things around the area. "Guess it's time to meet my opponent." Leonel thinks as he approaches Ryan.>

Leonel: Hello there, having a good day?

<Leonel approaches his opponent with manner, as he is trying to be humble here. Ryan being quite tired from the extra training he has to over come suddenly snaps?>

Ryan: Not quite as good as the day I whoop your a** biopharm scrub. Go talk to some one who gives a sh*t about what u have to say.

<Ryan's words wake the still-sleeping cells around Leonel's body up. Leonel is very upset with the attitude of Ryan. Just what the f*** are you saying something like that to a housemate.>

Leonel: Dude, just what the f*** was that? You want to whoop my a**? Then come get it.

<Leonel turns around and lifts his ass up by lowering his upper body and as Leonel does that, Ryan, out of anger, throws a leg kick. Leonel doesn't expect the leg kick(as he is expecting a kick to the ass) and it landed real hard on Leonel's left leg, forcing him to lower his body into a semi-crouch stance and at that time, Ryan continues with his aggression, pushing Leonel to make him completely to the ground and mounts on him, preparing to fire big shots....only to be pushed away by someone, that "someone" is Marcus Wright trying to protect his Team BioPharm teammate. Some other fighters, like AJ Kanada, Cus Jr, Frederick Stavich, Roy Rogers and Buju Bandulu, that are around the area helps to pull Ryan and also the coming-off-the-ground-with-fury Leonel away.>

Voice(Unidentified due to the noisiness): Hey, stop this.

<Leonel tries to push the other fighters away but he fails. He desperately forcing himself to close off the distance between him and Ryan and he keeps on throwing punches to the air.>

Leonel: Come on! You son of a bi***, let's get this on right now!

<Ryan no longer needs any one to hold him back, as he has calmed down now>

Ryan: See u in the octogon, where I will really give you an a** beating

<Ryan then walks away from the very angry Leonel>

Leonel: Come on, f***ing stand and bang with me then, you prick!

<Leonel is then pulled away by his teammates into a room, to make sure he can't see Ryan, the trigger of his fury, and hope that he can keep himself cool.>

OOC

One of our fighters, Noah Anderson managed by Scott Anderson (Selected by Team BioPharm), needs a new manager. Scott Anderson is losing VIP in 2 days and well lose a bunch of his fighters including Noah. What I need is someone to step in and pick him up as a free agent. A member of Team BioPharm is welcome to pick him up as their second fighter, but I do not want Team PWNAGE managers to try to get him. Please post on this forum if you intend to pick him up.

I will send a $500 bonus to Noah Anderson as soon as he is picked up.

A friend of mine just got VIP and has a bunch of fighter spots open. She'll take him.

Ok we will talk after he clears the "waiver" system in about 10 days. Whichever manager got him will be in the competition.