Blood on the Canvas (BOTC) - official show thread

Winning Team  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the show?

• Team PWNAGE
    • Team BioPharm
    • Everyone's a winner here
    • This is a great competition... for me to poop on!!!

OOC

To add a little difference between Leonel Lutsky and Noah Anderson due to the same avatar, I will be using this look for RP purpose, so this is what Leonel looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Goliath764/AlColeman.jpg

IC

<It was just few hours after the draft, Leonel and the other fighters were in the house now. In the first hour, Leonel was basically exploring the house, it was big and it did take him some time to get used to it and then he went to greet every fighters. The replies were always different and that's why it's nice to greet everyone, some were cocky than those punk he KOed on the street few years ago, some were humble. And now, he is in his own room. It is good to see that everyone has his own room, Goddamn, this show is on serious budget. Leonel thinks as he slammed himself down on his king size bed. And at this time, he is asked for an interview at one of the confession room. Well, confession room is the best place for an interview in the house so of course, the staff will pick that place. He is excited to hear the word "interview" because he knows that interview = Sarah, goddamn, his soul was obsessed by that girl ever since their last meeting, and that obsession was to a level that he wonder if he could stay focus on the fight. Sadly, his "high-ness" and heart-pumping sweetness is all gone as soon as he walks into the confession room.

Why? IT'S THAT GODDAMN FAT ASS AGAIN!!! That's why.>

Marcus: Take a seat here, brother. Time for you-know what.

<Leonel is cursing deep down himself, but didn't say it out and this time, his poker face gets away from the sight of Marcus. Marcus is too tired to think that much, interview after interview must have run his energy down.>

Marcus: Alright, congrats on the draft but you don't seems too happy with it...

<Leonel isthinking "Hey, maybe the staff team gives Sarah the chance to interview the first 8 pick, while he was the 9th pick, was stuck with Marcus here. Gah! Curse it, curse the 9th pick to hell." As he is done dwelling with his mind, he replied.>

Leonel: And where do you see that I am not too happy?

<Marcus doesn't say a word, instead, he clicks a button on the remote control just a bit to the right of his right hand.>

Clip:

Power: Errr....let me have Leonel Lutsky.

<Leonel walked to Power's side without saying anything or doing anything special. He then put his Team BioPharm's shirt on and the show went on.>

Marcus: Well, your certainly don't look...that much happy on that time.

Leonel: Well, I think it's more because of my lack of sleep last night, I am just too excited.

<Leonel is lying but Marcus fails to spot it, or he just doesn't care that much.>

Marcus: So, any comment on the number of pick you get and the team you landed?

Leonel: Err...no problem. The coaches have experience in that kind of stuff, like drafting. I am just a fighter, I don't really understand how to pick well so I will not comment about the number of pick. One side of me is glad that I didn't get picked on the last round, at least I was in the middle; Another side is hating that I didn't get pick early. I guess I have an angel copy and a devil copy inside myself right now, and they are fighting. Still, there's something good to be the 9th pick. For the team, well no problem, Max Power is real good, there's no doubt I can do well under his leading, especially when it comes to strategy and training regime, I believe his advice will be top-notch.

Marcus: Oh, I am more interested on what's so good about the 9th pick. So, please elaborate it to me.

Leonel: Well, if I were the 1st pick and I just...beat someone in the first round. What did I get? People will be saying "Meh...you are the top guy, it's normal that you win." but if I am the 9th pick and I just beat the hell out of somebody in the first round, people will go "HOLY MAMA! That guy's better than he looks like." and since this show is openweight, I might get a bear-sized opponent and beat him down and that will be the time the world notices me. And I don't really think I can handle the pressure of the 1st pick, it's just too much to bear to me.

Marcus: Well, it's all good to have the 9th pick then. Next, do you have any comment about this?

<Marcus clicks a button on the remote control and another clips is played.>

Clip:

Sarah: So, what did you find when you looked at the managers?

Powers: Glad you asked. The guys that are controlling our fighters' careers are top-notch. Their overall record is 134-49. That's outrageously good, a nearly 3-to-1 win-loss ratio. It shows that they know what they're doing and can give their fighters good advice in an unfavorable matchup. You absolutely CANNOT teach that kind of experience.

Marcus: So, can I have a bit info on your manager? Is he real good?

Leonel: Well, I don't know for now. I only know that he's doing good in England, then he expanded to Amsterdam, got some fighters up and ready and then he decided to expand even further and I was contacted by him. I certainly hope that he could work well with Max Power and lighten my career up.

Marcus: Now that you have met the fighters, anything you want to comment about them?

Leonel: Not much for now, let's just keep it until I know more about them.

Marcus: Aye, any last word?

Leonel: I talk with my blazing fists, not lips so no for this time.

Marcus: Thank you again and good luck in the show, Leonel and this is Marcus Dwight.

<Camera goes black.>

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC

If any of the fighters on Team PWNAGE have a preference as to who they fight on the first card, PM BusterGloves (owner of PWNAGE Clothing NY). We get to set the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 8th fights.

OOC

Anyone wanna do some character interaction RP with Leonel? We can do it through PM or something and post it here when we are done.

OOC

If anyone knows Roy Rogers or his manager Don Kyote, please tell him to sign his freaking contract with fight club ny. I see he's been idle for a week, but he's the only guy left that hasn't signed. He also hasn't accepted any sponsorships. We can't book our first card until he signs the contract.

If he doesn't sign his contract by Friday, we will have to discuss what to do with him.

OOC

If anyone knows Roy Rogers or his manager Don Kyote, please tell him to sign his freaking contract with fight club ny. I see he's been idle for a week, but he's the only guy left that hasn't signed. He also hasn't accepted any sponsorships. We can't book our first card until he signs the contract.

If he doesn't sign his contract by Friday, we will have to discuss what to do with him.

Don't we have some reserve fighters?? I'd say boot him now if we do.... other wise; Flip a coin and someone gets auto first round bye???

Don't we have some reserve fighters?? I'd say boot him now if we do.... other wise; Flip a coin and someone gets auto first round bye???

IC:

Rian Madison: I say Roy Rogers should get kicked out of the house. Bring someone in who wants to be here. There shouldn't be any problem finding a replacement. It's clear that he doesn't want to be a fighter and he doesn't have what it takes to be on this show.

OOC

Ok here is what is going to happen.

#1 I will give Rogers until Thursday night to sign his contract. If he does, he is in.

#2 We can use an alternate that is willing to create an 18 year old fighter for the show. However, he will be at a severe disadvantage so I will likely have to offer him a bonus check. If you know someone or you are someone who has VIP and can do this. Let me know.

#3 I can create a 19 year old fighter next Wednesday. I will only have 10 days to train before the first fight.

I've already talked to Powers about our options and he is trying to work with me on an acceptable solution. Hopefully Rogers shows up, but if not, we will have to work a hustle. Let me know what you guys think.

i have a fighter Ryan "The New York Bad Ass" Rummer that would love to take this chance at fame.

Ok if Rogers doesn't sign his contract by Thursday evening when the gym fees are taken out, Ryan Rummer is in. He will be on Team PWNAGE and I will give him a $1000 bonus for starting at a disadvantage.

Be sure to listen to the One More Round radio show live next Tuesday Click this link to listen. They are having a show dedicated entirely to New York City, it's companies, and it's fighters.

I'm going to be a guest on the show and I'm going to talk about New York City, PWNAGE Clothing and most importantly, Blood on the Canvas. I'd like to invite Max Powers, Cardiff Wanderer, Scott Anderson, and any of the fighters to call in the show and participate as well.

IC

Rian Madison: So we got this new guy on the team named Ryan Rummer. I'm glad they brought him in, Rogers was just a waste of space. I immediately introduced myself to him when he walked in the house and got him caught up on what's been going down so far. I can tell the guys on Team Biopharm view him as fresh meat, but I have a feeling that Rummer can make a statement on this show.

ic:

Ryan Rummer: on my way i was completely astonished by this house, it all felt too good to be true. finally getting my chance at the big time! even with a slight disadvantage. I have too much heart for that to even get me down. as soon as i got to the door i met this fighter named Rian Madison, man and this guy was a big help he explained everything that was going on. i could tell we are going to get along

Be sure to listen to the One More Round radio show live next Tuesday Click this link to listen. They are having a show dedicated entirely to New York City, it's companies, and it's fighters.

I'm going to be a guest on the show and I'm going to talk about New York City, PWNAGE Clothing and most importantly, Blood on the Canvas. I'd like to invite Max Powers, Cardiff Wanderer, Scott Anderson, and any of the fighters to call in the show and participate as well.

occ:

what do i call to get on the show what time is it and when do i call?

occ:

what do i call to get on the show what time is it and when do i call?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10394

Link to one round radio, a very rare addition to such a game and has added what i believe to be a great human element to the whole of mma tycoon. On Tuesdays at 11 GMT (work out where you are from this point as it is useful to know in game anyway).

Phone number can be found on the page but it should also be noted that you can contact them over skype for those who want to phone long distance.

Ok Max Powers and I had a private meeting to work out the Fights for episode #1. Here are the matchups. Scott Anderson of Fight Club NY will be sending you fight offers.

Match up #1 picked by Team PWNAGE: Randy Musashi vs Cus Jr

Match up #2 picked by Team BioPharm: Marcus Wright vs AJ Kanada

Match up #3 picked by Team PWNAGE: Rian Madison vs Lewis McMurray

Match up #4 picked by Team BioPharm: Frederick Stavich vs Dwight Wells

Match up #5 picked by Team PWNAGE: Lasse Willamoes vs Noah Anderson

Match up #6 picked by Team BioPharm: Kid Ghostdini vs Jules Winnfield

Match up #7 picked by Team PWNAGE: Buju Badulu vs Ramon Mescudi

Match up #8 picked by Team PWNAGE: Ryan Rummer vs Leonel Lutsky

Let the trash talk begin. Fights are May 21st. My team should contact me if they need sparring partners or training advice.

Which ever team wins more fights will get 1st match up on card #2. In case of tie, the order stays the same.

IC

Kid ghostdini has been quite so far not making any freinds.

He is here to fight and win the show, his face fixed on the fight announcer growing anxious at who he will be fighting in the first round as name after name is announced.

Finally Kid Ghostdini v Jules Winnfield is announced and kid goes into fight mode.

He has studies every fighter in the house and knows exactly how to beat them and Jules best bring his A game for this and pray this one is over quick.

Kid knows Jules has a good stand up and wants to wish him luck but you aint winning this one.

Ready, set, let's go.....

IC

Lewis gets called into the confession room for an interview. He trys to find his way through the maze of a house. It's nothing like he's use too.

M: "Hey there Cowboy!" Marcus stands to greet him, They shake hands and Lewis sit across from him.

"Morning Sir, what's up"

M: "Oh just wanted see how you feel about facing Team Pwnage's number 1 pick."

L: "Well Rian seems like a great guy, a lot of the guys like him."

"I think we match up real well, we both come from wrestling backgrounds, he of course has had more matches as me but that doesn't mean he's better."

"The training i've done with Brick Brawlers MMA has improved my game in leaps and bounds. And Coach Powers and the rest of the team have been great."

"I know I have what it takes to beat him, I'm not worried."

M: "Looks like the van just pulled up to take you to the gym, we'll talk later"

L: "Take 'er Easy"

Lewis grabs grabs his cowboy hat and heads for the door.

<The camera shows the outside of a nondescript building in New York. It's cool and gray outside, the sky threatening to release a refreshing springtime shower at any moment. The scene moves to inside, and it's clear that this is the BOTC training facility and, judging by the logos on their shirts, Team BioPharm is busy going through it's workout. Some guys are doing conditioning drills, others are working over dummies or hitting punching bags, some more are sparring in the ring.>

Marcus Downes: Folks, we've got a treat for you today. We're coming to you from the secret training site for Blood on the Canvas. Team BioPharm is working out right now, getting ready for the inaugural BOTC event on May 21. The spectacle, brought to you by Fight Club NY, begins at 6 pm at Paddy O'Malley's Bar. Team BioPharm coach Max Powers is joining us to talk about the match ups for the first round of competition. Max, thanks for joining us.

Max Powers: No problem, Marcus.

Downes: First off, how did the fight selection go?

Powers: Pretty good. I only got to choose 3 of the 8 fights, since we won the first pick in the draft, so we didn't have as much control as I would have liked, but it was alright.

Downes: One of the fights you picked was to put Markus Wright, your first pick, up against AJ Kanada. Why?

Powers: Wright has the best wrestling skills of any fighter in the competition. He'll be able to dictate where the fight goes, and how long it stays there. Kanada looked to have some middling wrestling, so he shouldn't be able to stop Wright's takedowns. Plus, it kept Buster from setting Kanada up against someone with awful wrestling skills. Wright is going to control every aspect of this fight.

<The camera cuts to a shot of Cus Jr working a heavy bag, then him practicing his sprawling as a teammate tries to drag him to the mat.>

Powers: Cus Jr is making great progress. I'm not sure why Buster chose to match him up against Randy Musashi. That was his first pick! Who the hell sends a guy who has only ground skills up against a top-flight amateur boxer like Jr? Honestly, that's Buster's inexperience showing right there. Jr's got the goods, and his takedown defense has been improving rapidly. He'll be able to keep the fight on the feet and score a KO. Expect it to be brutal. His fists are lightning fast and he packs a whallop.

Downes: What about Lewis McMurray's fight against Rian Madison? That was another of Buster's fight choices that seemed odd.

Powers: You're right. Madison's a big boy, but I was puzzled by that match up, too. McMurray has better wrestling and better standup skills. Obviously, Madison wants this fight to go to the ground. We'll see if he can actually do that.

<More shots of fighters sparring flash on the screen. Finally, the camera lands on Noah Anderson. By the looks of it, he's doing some intense cardio work.>

Powers: Noah Anderson vs. Lasse Willemoes. This is one of those fights where anyone -- even you, Marcus -- can predict what it will look like. Anderson's got the superior wrestling, by far, while Willemoes is a highly skilled BJJ brown belt. If he wants to submit Anderson, he's going to have to find some way to get him to the ground. Even if he does, Anderson has the wrestling background to stay out of trouble. I like his chances here.

Downes: Speaking of fights that will be on the ground, Ramon Mescudi against Buju Badulu may not spend any time standing.

Powers: Yeah, that's another one that's a no-brainer, since both guys are brown belts with little else. The fighter with the better submission defense will win this one. Both fighters looked really evenly matched when they rolled before we chose teams, so this one should be a great fight. Someone is definitely going to tap out here.

Downes: There are three more fights on the card: Frederick Stavich vs Dwight Wells, Kid Ghostdini vs Jules Winnfield and Leonel Lutsky vs Ryan Rummer. Your quick thoughts, since we're almost out of time?

Powers: Stavich and Wells are pretty evenly matched, but Stavich is one of the toughest guys on the team. He'll surprise people. Ghostdini is a BJJ dynamo -- expect him to be calling Winston Wolf to clean up Winnfield after the match. Lutsky takes out the new guy in a KO.

Downes: Thanks for your time, Mr. Powers.

Powers: Yeah. Before you go, take a free sample of our Anabolic 159, Marcus. Look at yourself! You need to get into shape.

<fade to BioPharm Nutrition logo>

IC

<Lasse Willemoes gets called into the confession room. He expects to meet Marcus, but instead it´s Sarah who sits in there.>

Lasse: Wow this must be my lucky day!

Sarah: Don’t get your hopes up Mr. Willemoes, I am only here because Marcus has suffered a concussion, during a previous interview and had to go see a doctor.

Lasse: That reminds me, I better got say thanks to Dwight, last time Marcus interviewed me, he was sweating all over the place, it kind of creaped me out.

Sarah: Well Mr. Willemoes, lets get to the point! Lets talk about your upcoming fight against Noah Anderson.

Lasse: I am very satisfied Buster picked Noah to fight me! That guy is really starting to get on my nerves. He is so self confident that its up to a point where I just want to strangle the guy.

Sarah: Is it correct that strangling will be a part of your strategy?

Lasse: Absolutely! But I wouldnt mind bringing one of his arms back from the arena either, I have a place over my bed where I could hang it.

<Lasse chuckles, it is obvious that he is imagining how Noahs arm would look like hanging over his bed. Then his face expression changes and he farts loudly>

Lasse: It´s those BioPharm supps we get in here, its good stuff but it gives you gas, Big time! Yesterday I had one of the guys in a north south position…..

Sarah: I get your point, could we stick to the subject? How do you see your chances against Mr. Anderson?

Lasse: Noah obviously has the better wrestling, but I am confident that my submissiongame is good enough to secure a sub from the bottom. Should he chose to stand with me I have no problem with that either!

Sarah: So you predict a premature stoppage?

Lasse: Absolutely!!!

Sarah: Thank you for your time

(Following Lasse's departure from the Confession Room we see Noah Anderson enter and take a seat. Sarah smiles as Noah winks at her and she begins her questioning.)

Sarah: "Welcome, Noah, I have not had te pleasure of meeting you thus far. Now, Noah, what were your intial thoughts when the round one match-ups were announced?"

Noah: "Well, to be honest, I didn't really care. I don't really listen to that Buster guy when he talks so I didn't even know what was going on. And that stinky bastard who keeps farting, dude, like wtf!"

Sarah: "So, Noah, about your first round fight against Lasse Willimoes, he had some interesting things to say about you moments ago. Do you care to comment?"

Noah: "First of all, Sarah, Lasse is a really stupid name. And that guy pisses me off, nostly becuase of his stupid name. Where is he from, ya know? Sheesh. And not only to I tend to believe his name is stupid, I also find his overall aura very boring. Anyway, as far as him wanting to strangle me or whatever, I am pretty sure that him strangling me would be the only submission he could get me in."

Sarah: "So, what is your strategy going into this fight?"

Noah: "Dryhumping."

Sarah: "Excuse me?"

Noah: "Dryhumping..."

Sarah: "Yes, you mentioned that."

Noah: "Anyway I need to go take a leak, wanna hold it for me?"

Sarah: "What?"

(The Scene fades out.)