Blood on the Canvas (BOTC) - official show thread

Winning Team  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the show?

• Team PWNAGE
    • Team BioPharm
    • Everyone's a winner here
    • This is a great competition... for me to poop on!!!

OOC

Sounds cool, cant wait to hear more!

On a side note: dahm dahm dahm, why the hell didnt i tell Lasse to do 100% what i told him?? what kind if idiot brownbelt, gets up when he has just put a wrestler with no BJJ on his back???

OOC

I do not think your fighter stood up after taking down Wright. Unless you meant referee standup.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC

Just after the 2 minute mark round one, he decides to stand up and try leg kicks???

EDIT:

I guess its Lasses manager who is an idiot, :suicide_anim: Lasse just got up to sweep the legs aside.

OOC

Here are the matchups for round 3. For anyone who wants to sack their fighters, please finish the next fight and agree to your fight on the final card. You will be offered the fight for the final card on 7/3/10 (2 weeks from today). After you accept that fight you can drop your fighter without causing any problems. If you drop your fighter or buy out of your contract before that, you will cause problems. Ryan Rummer was dropped, but someone picked him up, so that problem was fixed. But now Ramon Mescudi is a free agent and we need someone to pick him up. Also Noah Anderson bought out of his contract, so we need him to come back and finish the show. I know you might hate your fighter at this point, but we all knew every fighter was going to get 4 fights and you should finish what you start. Plus if you don't finish, you don't get your cut of the prize pool and you won't be asked to join in any future BOTC events. Anyway, here are the matchups for round 3. Some fighters have jumped brackets to compensate for lost fighters.

Rank 1-4 (picked by Max Powers)

Jules Winnfield vs Marcus Wright

Rian Madison vs Leonel Lutsky

Rank 5-8 (picked by Buster Gloves)

Cus Jr vs Lewis McMurray

Lasse Willamoes vs Frederick Stavich

Rank 9-12 (picked by Max Powers)

Kid Ghostdini vs Ryan Rummer

Noah Anderson vs Dwight Wells (Wells will get a bye if Anderson does not resign)

Rank 13-16 (picked by Buster Gloves)

Randy Musashi vs Buju Badulu

AJ Kanada vs. Ramon Mescudi (Kanada will get a bye if nobody picks up Mescudi)

You should all be receiving fight offers soon.

I don't mind picking up Mescudi, even though he's on team Biopharm. Is that cool?

EDIT: On second thought, I'll stick to my Team Pwnage roots.

I don't mind picking up Mescudi, even though he's on team Biopharm. Is that cool?

EDIT: On second thought, I'll stick to my Team Pwnage roots.

OOC

I don't care who picks him up. I just need someone to accept his fights. I would do it myself, but I don't have the roster spot to spare.

OOC

Will there be a BOTC Magazine Issue #3 coming out? And will the Semi-Finalists/Finalists get an interview?

OOC

I will start writing BOTC Magazine Issue #3 next week. It will feature a bio of BOTC commentator Marcus Downes, a recap of Round 2, a look inside the Ryan Rummer/Ramon Mescudi/Noah Anderson stories, coverage of the coaches challenge, a preview of the finale, and a full breakdown of what to expect on Season 2 of the show. I am looking for fighters to interview. So far I'm heared from Rian Madison, but thats it. If you want to be interviewed let me know ASAP. Also, if you want to write a piece for the magazine, or submit an ad to put in the magazine, just PM it to me.

OOC:

If you need a fighter for an interview, Dwight will do it.

IC:

<Everyone who ran outside to see the girls are looking at them, dwight is behind them, hearing yelling for inside the house. he has a hose for water in his hands.

Dwight: you guys.

<everyone turns around and Dwight sprays them all with water.>

OOC

Ok I want to address an issue that has been causing problems on the show. Just like on TUF, a couple of the fighters in the house are respectfully inquiring about having to stay in the house after their loss. This show is 4 fights. Most contracts are 4 fights and a couple of you can't even make it through a standard contract? Do you all sack your fighters while under contract in other orgs? There's a special place in hell for douchebags who do that. The civil way to do it is to offer to return your signing bonus and buy your way out of your contract with the org owner, but that still screws the competition. The point is, we need 16 fighters for each card. That is what we stated at the beginning, that is what everyone agreed to, and just because you lost one fight doesn't mean you should quit. You are fighting for your final rank and a cut of the prize pool. I would like everyone to accept their fights for BOTC 3 and then on July 3rd accept their fights for BOTC 4. After you accept that fight, you can cut your fighter or buy out of his contract.

As for those who prematurely cut their fighters. I think its a pretty crappy thing to do. You should always finish something you start. But for those who are just too impatient to wait the 2 weeks to create a new fighter, go ahead an cut your fighter after you accept the fight for BOTC 3. But the road out of BOTC is a dark one. It's Blood-In-Blood-Out like Mexican prison gangs here. Here is what you can expect if you drop your fighter before accepting your last fight:

1. No money. You stole part of your signing bonus and screwed the org that is scheduling these events. Your prize money will go elsewhere.

2. Low ranking. Being part of the first season of this historic show should be an honor (like season 1 of TUF). If you quit early, your final rank is 16th no matter how many others quit before you. No honor in finishing last. Ask any of the jabroneys that left the TUF house early and never saw the UFC again.

3. Exile. You will be banned from all future seasons of BOTC (including the epic Season 2 which will rocket somebody to the top of the standings in a short period of time). Those who stay will be asked back, possibly as future coaches.

4. Magazine Flame. I will personal address your departure in the BOTC magazine. Roy Rogers was the first to have his demise immortalized in print when his dirty ass caught MRSA before the first show.

5. Bad Karma. You will be reborn as a urinal cake. May the world piss on you until you are nothing.

6. No more free hugs. That's right. I said it. For now on, I'll have to charge you for hugs.

Current Black Listed Managers Include:

Don Kyote

Ricky Lokey

Kyle Crider

Antonio Gergardo

They are all dead to me. As for everyone else involved in the show, I really appreciate all of your contributions to the show. The posts and the interviews have been great and overall the response to what we are doing has been positive. I am open to any ideas you may have about the show or future seasons. The show has been so good that 2 seperate competitions by other companies have been created in our image. I thank you guys for making that possible and I'm excited to see how the last 2 rounds turn out. From now on, I have your backs. Just let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

So once again, please consider how quitting will affect the show and your future. Have a super day. Tell your mom I said hello for me.

OOC

On a side note. I have decided to grant the following interviews:

Marcus Wright

Rian Madison

Lasse Willamoes

Dwight Wells

Since the 3rd Magazine won't be out until the day after the 3rd event, I will send you the interview questions right after the 3rd event and hopefully you can respond right away. That way I will be able to ask you about your 2nd and 3rd fights plus your projections on the finale. Thanks for contributing to the magazine and the show.

You guys deserve to get a bit more info on BOTC 2.

Ok signups for BOTC 2 will begin on July 3rd (the same day the new magazine is released and the final fights are offered). Fighters are to be created on August 1st and you will get at least 4 weeks to train. BOTC 2 is designed to be be similar to the World Cup/Olympic Games. BOTC is not a tournament, it is a league or season if you will, with a tournament at the end. This will be a global event with fighters from every city being represented. Each city will have one fighter from each weight class to form a team. Each week you will fight a different team. After a 6 fight season, the top teams move on to the playoffs. Also moving on is the top fighters from teams that did not qualify. Fights will take place simultaneaously in 3 different cities (probably cities that are easy to travel to). This is a long season so the schedule must be fast paced. Once the season starts, fights will take place every 2 weeks. This means that if you get injured or low on energy you will be at a disadvantage. So finish your fights quick. Other important info is that fighters must be 22 years old. Fighters can be based and can train anywhere. You may enter as many fighters as you want, but they must all be on the same team, and your second fighter will not get in until every other manager requesting to represent that city gets at least 1 fighter. There will also be alternate teams that will no doubt be needed to fill in for people who drop out prematurely. Prizes will be awarded to winners of the end of season tourney. Awards will also be given out for team MVP, league MVP, Striker of the year, BJJ of the year, etc. I want to make sure that everyone understands that you will be expected to fullfill a 6 fight contract with a possible extension of another 3 fights. The entire duration of the show should be 14 weeks for fighters that do not make the tourney and up to 20 weeks for those who make the tourney (4 weeks to train and 2 weeks between every fight). A full explanation will be posted in the BOTC 3 magazine. Please do not sign up for the show on this post, I will set up a new forum page on July 3rd and will be accepting applications for fighters, host orgs, team captains, sponsors, etc. at that time.

I have decided to make BOTC 2 less character driven than BOTC 1. But if you still wish to develop a story for your fighter, you can just post it in your fighter quotes or post IC on the forums as your fighter.

That's it for now.

OCC:

So, with the sissy girls who have sacked their fighters being out and not in the prize pool... does that mean all us shitty fighters who stuck it out will get a bump in payday at the end? :)

Ramon Mescudi is the only one who dropped out and wasn't picked up. He will finish 16th. .5% of the $50,000 prize pool is only $250. Split that 15 ways and it only gets you an extra $17. Since the coaches challenge is tomorrow and the winning coaches' team gets $1000 per fighter, I think me and Max will pocket the $250 and give the bonus instead.

On a side note. Since AJ Kanada has no fight on the next card, I will give him the $500 base pay and $500 win bonus out of my own pocket.

Last night BOTC had its coaches challenge. Moderator Cardiff Wanderer met with coach Max Powers and Buster Gloves and put them to a test of MMA trivia to see who was the smartest. The trivia consisted of 5 questions about BOTC, 5 questions about MMATycoon, and 5 questions about real life MMA. After 15 questions it was clear who was the smartest person in BOTC... Cardiff Wanderer! These questions were freaking insane and the two coaches battled it out for 90 minutes World Cup Style with Buster Gloves just barely edging out Max Powers 1-0 (or 1-nil for those across the pond).

Buster Gloves wins $5000 and each member of team PWNAGE will be receiving a $1000 bonus. Cardiff Wanderer will provide a full commentary of the event in just a few days.

Looks like AJ Kanada has been released by his manager and is retired. We will have to adjust to finale. For anyone who wishes to drop their fighter, please wait until after you are offered your fight on the finale. Accept the fight and then sack your fighter.