Lesnar vs Velasquez

People might take your list serious if you didnt include the like of Brett Rogers and Hershel Walker and Lashley who got beat by a bum. Then include in the list UFC rejects you claim are not in SF. Like Diaz, Sodoudjou, and Arlovski to name a few.

in his defense, lashley looked physically awful from the beginning of that fight, due to dehydration (which he went to the hospital for after the fight). and, if you remember, he still managed to get to mount in the second round (after being all cut up) and got stood up from mount by some bad reffing. i'm not saying lashley is an amazing fighter, since he's still young in his career, but i wouldn't count him out by just citing that fight.

I dont even think he has improved. He has never had an answer for anyone who takes him down. I mean look at the fighters he beat outside the UFC. The best win he has since leaving the UFC was Sakurai who has lost his last 3 fights and was coming off a loss to Gono of all people. We know how well Gono fared in the UFC. He has fought under sized japanese in Inoue, Pure strikers in Zaromskis, Smith, and Noons. Has beens like Frank Shamrock. The other wins were KOTC level journymen.

Diaz is the same fighter IMO. Maybe a little sharper striking than before but the same weakness as always.

People might take your list serious if you didnt include the like of Brett Rogers and Hershel Walker and Lashley who got beat by a bum. Then include in the list UFC rejects you claim are not in SF. Like Diaz, Sodoudjou, and Arlovski to name a few.

you don't like watching new guys fight..? rogers walker and lashley may not be the best technical guys but they do have some good fights....

you don't like watching new guys fight..? rogers walker and lashley may not be the best technical guys but they do have some good fights....

I'm not sure Walker or Lashley are he best examples of Strikeforce showing new guys however people like Tyron Woodley and Jacare really are guys who have come to popular notice with them and that would make them very interesting. In fact, more of those guys would certainly increase my personnel interest.

I love watching new guys fight. Its actually my favorite part of MMA. I have seen many of the top fighters fight before anyone knew them. Also love breaking down tape of new fighters making their big promotion debut. But i want to see skill. I can see "good" fights in any alley or school yard. But i want to see the best fighters in the world fight. You can see a good basketball game at any park. But the NBA is popular because people want to see the best. I dont mind seeing poor fighters or unknown fighters or unproven fighters. I do mind top promotions using poor fighters over and over and i hate even more that they try to lead people to believe these fighters are the best in the world. I dont mean they have to be better than UFC fighters. But Brett Rogers isnt a top fight. I havent seen anything to suggest he is any better than any other guy his size. He certainly isnt technically sound striker. Cant tell he has trained at all on the feet. Has no wrestling, no sub game. He is a big guy. Thats it. He is getting the Mark Hunt treatment. Getting highly touted based on his loses. He hasnt proven to be above KOTC level and when he takes a fight out of Strike Force he choose to fight Ruben "the punching bag" Villareal. The guy isnt even on the level of a Paul Buentello and people want to call him a top 10 fight.

Walker is 47 years old. He wouldnt even be the best fighter on the side line of any of the 32 teams in the NFL. But SF wants him to be seen as one of the best in the world then protect him as if he has some future in the sport and needs to be handled properly. If he isnt ready for top talent at 47 years old. Why the hell did they bring him in? We all know its for publicity but come on. At least gives us reasons to justify it. This is the problem. Its the same as Pride had. They ae not trying to weed out the ones who dont belong. IF your goal is to weed the ones who dont belong out the talent levels go up. This is what the UFC does. Tito isnt the worst fighter in the world. But with 4 loses in a row he is on his way out. You have to have a curtain standard. When that standard lowers so does the credibility of everyone in the org even the champs. Its OK to give a new guy an easier fight or two starting out or a favorable match up. But look who Walker fought. Really if you have to dig that deep to fight a person he can beat. What business does he have even fighting?

Sorry for the rant. SF isnt a bad org. They have good fighters. But they shoot themselves in the foot at every turn. They sold out as a org and lost their integrity with lots of their decisions. Allowing Fedor to dicate to them, The way they used Walker, the hyping of Rogers, the way they let Shamrock and Cung Le use them as their own little infomercial to self promote.