Lesnar vs Velasquez

I don't think I've ever seen a Brock bomb as far as a punch goes, his GN'P is pretty brutal, but I don't recall seeing a big punch out of him?

He rocked Couture with a standing elbow in their fight I believe. Still, I wouldn't want to be punched in the face by one of those mailbox fists.

If you can break a fighter's orbital cavity with a straight punch then you have power in your punches. I wonder what would happen if Brock learns to use combinations.

I can't help but feel that they are avoiding the subject of Velasquez's chin as a subject. Kongo rocked him on several occasions. Now there is no doubt that Cain has a big technical advantage on the feet but for me there is always a chance of Brock landing on big strike. That could be enough

brocks punch can knock you down and not even really hurt you -- example with herring -- just gives him the chance to get on top and do more damage --- personally im going for brock

That punch broke Herring's orbital cavity. You think that doesn't hurt?

I believe a lot of you underestimate Cain's wrestling. Think about how much trouble Brock had grappling with Randy when he was a lot lighter than Brock. I am not saying Cain's wrestling is as good as Randy's, but he is by far better than anyone has given him credit for. He even placed fifth and fourth in the country while wrestling in college, which he transitioned directly from into MMA. Brock had 10 years in between college wrestling and going into MMA, so he is not the NCAA Division One champion skilled wrestler he once was. Still good? Absolutely. But with all that time off, he may not be better skilled in that than Velasquez with so much time away from it.

Furthermore, what if this does become a wrestling match, and Cain finds his way on top. Brock is huge, and is a wrestler. Would he give up his back from punches, considering how he fled when he got hit by Carwin? Shane did get "on top", though he never turned it into a grappling match and I am wondering how it would turn out if Brock was on the bottom with a speedy wrestler like Cain who has the energy to strike a lot, and pick his shots.

I do think Cain can find the right moment to shoot and get him down, though that aside, how do you think Brock would do on his back? We all talk about Brock taking him down, though what if it turns out the other way around? Enlighten me.

As I said. I knew how it'd go down despite the nonbelievers.

CAIN 'The Real Deal' VELASQUEZ

Naysayers...shhh

seriously though i liked em both but i've always been super impressed with cain from the first time he fought in the UFC and hearing what trainers and other fighters were saying about him. i knew he would do it.

i knew lesnar couldn't out wrestle cain tbh. Brock is all bum rush and no technique. cain is great technique. did anyone see when cain was about to take brock down brock held the fence?

Didn't find a thread, so..who you got?

I'm betting on Velasquez, all the way (though I'm rooting for Brock). Not sold at all on Lesnars supposedly "unstoppable takedowns". They have on the contrary shown to be very stoppable by both Couture, Mir and Carwin, most of his TD's coming from mistakes made by his opponents. His only window of opportunity is to pin Cain against the fence and muscle him to the ground from there, pin him again and give him the Mir treatment.

That is his only chance of winning, and that is a position Cains camp have been training to get out of for 14 weeks. Cain also has a good chin and great recovery as the Kongo fight showed, so combined with his slick wrestling I think he stands a good chance of escaping in time. Standing, Lesnar will get schooled, picked apart for 5 rounds or TKO'd in the 4-5th due to gassing and being overwhelmed with strikes.

My thoughts exactly.

I bet on Cain as he is by far the better fighter and a total mis-match for the dancing hulk.

Now I'm off to spend my winnings

:pootling:

Answer this in a question and answer format

Who is the better fighter? Cain Valesquez

Who will be the long term future of heavyweight? Cain Valesquez

Who will win Saturday? Brock Lesnar

I see the fight going the same way as Lesnar/Carwin with Valesquez being able to dominate Lesnar however I see Lesnar getting one opportunity and finishing the fight. The guy really is a genetic freak and I am fairly convinced people will struggle to beat him the first time around but will win quite easily the second time so whoever gets the first rematch will be the new champion.

D'oh!

Wow great performance from Velasquez, Brock will come back stronger from it because he'll know his size can't overcome everything now, Velasquez will be more than a match for anybody though. JDS is a good threat but unless he catches him early I think that'll be Cain's fight, no doubt someone else will soon come along like they always seem to when you start thinking about unbeaten runs but after JDS I don't see who could even be a bad matchup for Velasquez. Mir, Nelson, Cawin again?

I guess the UFC need to decide now whether or not Lesnar needs another win before doing Mir Lesnar 3, winner gets a title shot or if they just do it straight away. That's the one thing Dana will be happy with, at least he gets to do a big money making rematch now.