Candidates for new cities

Was this brought up before? A thread for possible new cities?

People can suggest here if they want.

Toronto and New York

I would like to see Hawaii

I think Hawaii is the best possible option. There's a long great fighting tradition in Hawaii with Icon Sport and Rumble on the Rock. It's in a different time zone. And it's an "American" city without putting yet another city on the North American continent where the current 3 cities threaten to create balance issues for non-N.American promotions.

I like Hawaii. Next will be NY though. Stats wise, the US is by far the biggest userbase so needs to be accommodated accordingly. This month's visitor figures.

1. United States 45,855

2. Canada 10,385

3. Finland 7,280

4. United Kingdom 5,242

5. Sweden 4,028

6. Australia 2,798

I like Hawaii. Next will be NY though. Stats wise, the US is by far the biggest userbase so needs to be accommodated accordingly. This month's visitor figures.

1. United States 45,855

2. Canada 10,385

3. Finland 7,280

4. United Kingdom 5,242

5. Sweden 4,028

6. Australia 2,798

So NY and then Helsinki then?

:thumbup:

Yeah too bad MMA is illegal in NY.

That does suck. Maybe instead of NY, how about Atlanta or some city in Ohio (like Columbus, Clevland, etc.)

1. United States 45,855

2. Canada 10,385

3. Finland 7,280

4. United Kingdom 5,242

5. Sweden 4,028

6. Australia 2,798

You need to consider play balancing. Travel and move costs are very cheap for N.American promotions. It's beginning to create an unfair advantage for a promotion in, say, Las Vegas to have half the game's fighters cheaply availiable to him while promotions in Rio, London, St.Petersburgh, and Tokyo have to pay much more expensive move/travel costs to compete.

You might want to consider making travel/move costs a flat rate across the board so the game doesn't create unfair advantages to promotions based in certain cities.

You need to consider play balancing. Travel and move costs are very cheap for N.American promotions. It's beginning to create an unfair advantage for a promotion in, say, Las Vegas to have half the game's fighters cheaply availiable to him while promotions in Rio, London, St.Petersburgh, and Tokyo have to pay much more expensive move/travel costs to compete.

You might want to consider making travel/move costs a flat rate across the board so the game doesn't create unfair advantages to promotions based in certain cities.

Well that's how it is in real life. I say let guys fight across borders for a fee like plane tickets or something, maybe supplied by the org, or let fighters move for less than 10 freakin grand. Let the fighters move around and the organizations will play more realistically and more fairly.

Yeah Helsinki! Then again a city from Alaska or something from Africa or another from Asia would be cool too. But first Helsinki, then the others ;)

I don't know why people care about whether real world MMA is legal in NY. It doesn't bother me in the slightest... this isn't the real world.

There is a bill in the NY congress that will legalize it. UFC will have an event in MSG by next year, guaranteed.