Optional Primary's

Rambo

Selective Primary's or not?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 years later...

Absolutely great idea, guys we need to make it an Elite Idea by bumping to +20 the first post of the topic! :thumbup:

Right now it's only a Superb Idea (+10) :weeping:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45418&page=1

And I dare to say this (I don't know if someone already suggested it): if Mike were to make this feature an exclusive for VIP users (the ability to choose optional primaries), I think more people would buy it just for this feature alone, and this would help the overall financial sustainability of the game. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I saw this thread! These are great ideas fellas and I couldn't vote yes fast enough. I love playing this game as I think it is the most accurate MMA Sim. I've been a VIP member for going on five years and have noticed the improvements and the evolution of the fighters themselves. And let's be honest, there is no fighter that is an elite performer in boxing, muay thai, wrestling, and an Abu Dhabi champ. That's where it starts loosing some realism and fighters are just more or less clones. This addition would set off a whole new world of diverse possibilities. I remember posting on a forum about this a while back. To be completely authentic (which I know is probably asking too much), the fighter customization must be more diverse as far as styles and how they affect skills and performance. Primaries should not only play a major role on secondaries, but also physicals and in some cases hiddens. For instance, a karate style fighter would start with boosted agility and flexibility. They could be strong to superb in each depending on the other chosen primaries and cannot go under until aging sets in. Because truthfully there is no person aspiring to be a fighter on the planet that's going have less than a competent level in any of the physicals.

And another point, since age already plays a role on skill points, I think it would be a more accurate representation if you could just set up your fighters background by a time based system. For example, if you create a 25 year old fighter and want to make him a bjj black belt it would cost you 16 yrs leaving you with nine more to divide between the other primaries. The cost of years could vary do to age and intelligence. So this way you are an actual Bjj practitioner with years to devote to other disciplines. I just think the creation skill points system is getting outdated. Having to leave a whole skill set useless and trying to train it up without it eventually negatively effecting another gets old. And also it would cut down on the deceiving primaries with useless secondaries. Love the game but let's evolve it.

• 1 month later...

Think he was just championing the need for Karate to be added to the game overall, rather than suggesting it needs to be added to the current proposal.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in this format but breaks up the pair...

boxing / kickboxing

muay thai / karate

wrestling / sambo / judo

Jiujitsu

Think he was just championing the need for Karate to be added to the game overall, rather than suggesting it needs to be added to the current proposal.

Judo and Sambo have been in the ufc and in mma in general since forever basically: just think about Oleg Taktarov, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Fedor and so on for Sambo; Yoshida, Ronda Rousey, Karo Parisyan, Sexyama, Dong Hyun Kim for Judo.

Kickboxing has been part of the most common styles in mma since Maurice Smith and Vovchanchyn days.

Since Machida Karate has become another excellent style for mma too, and well represented by the fighters I mentioned in the previous post.

So yeah, mma tycoon needs Judo, Sambo, Kickboxing and Karate in addition to Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu to really represent today's mma IMO and, mostly, to make the game more fun :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind seeing it in this format but breaks up the pair...

boxing / kickboxing

muay thai / karate

wrestling / sambo / judo

Jiujitsu

I think this is the correct format. :yes:

It could be easier to program also.

Kickboxing could work like boxing but affect kicks too (and shoud be less effective with punches)

Karate could work like muay thai but be less effective in the clinch (and be more effective with punches?)

Sambo & Judo could work like wrestling but affect submission too and be slightly more effective in the clinch (Wrestling should remain the obvious choice to take you opponent down, g 'n' p them and not be taken down in general though)

Jiu Jitsu stay the same

mmm... or maybe now that I think about it, considering that it'd be strange to have a fighter with at the same time Kickboxing and Muay Thai as primaries and that everyone trains boxing...

Boxing

Muay Thai / Kickboxing / Karate

Wrestling / Judo / Sambo

Jiu Jitsu

?

Let's just hope that Mike start working on it... :weeping:

• Upvote 1

I really like this idea!

Judo and Sambo have been in the ufc and in mma in general since forever basically: just think about Oleg Taktarov, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Fedor and so on for Sambo; Yoshida, Ronda Rousey, Karo Parisyan, Sexyama, Dong Hyun Kim for Judo.

Kickboxing has been part of the most common styles in mma since Maurice Smith and Vovchanchyn days.

Since Machida Karate has become another excellent style for mma too, and well represented by the fighters I mentioned in the previous post.

So yeah, mma tycoon needs Judo, Sambo, Kickboxing and Karate in addition to Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu to really represent today's mma IMO and, mostly, to make the game more fun :thumbup:

I think this is the correct format. :yes:

It could be easier to program also.

Kickboxing could work like boxing but affect kicks too (and shoud be less effective with punches)

Karate could work like muay thai but be less effective in the clinch (and be more effective with punches?)

Sambo & Judo could work like wrestling but affect submission too and be slightly more effective in the clinch (Wrestling should remain the obvious choice to take you opponent down, g 'n' p them and not be taken down in general though)

Jiu Jitsu stay the same

mmm or maybe now that I think about it, considering that it'd be strange to have a fighter with at the same time Kickboxing and Muay Thai as primaries and that everyone trains boxing...

Boxing

Muay Thai / Kickboxing / Karate

Wrestling / Judo / Sambo

Jiu Jitsu

?

Let's just hope that Mike start working on it... :weeping:

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had an idea today to make this even simplier, hoping that in doing so it will be easier (and faster...) to implement

At the creation of the fighter, you tick 1 box for his foundation style: boxing, muay thai, kick boxing, karate, wrestling, sambo, judo or bjj

The foundation style will be visible in the fighter page (like it the Tapology web site: https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/kron-gracie)

You just get some kind of bonus in terms of skill points at the creation of the fighter, that could get your fighter above the initial 110 point cap

For example if you ticked the Judo box, you could get like +5 point in Clinch, +5 in Takedown, +5 Takedown Defense so you could start with a 115 in those skills at the creation if you like

That's it. Everything else remains the same. You will see the usual primaries but at least you have a foundation style that let you customize the fighter a little more.

What do you think? Shitty idea?

@rambo: Could this be a least a first step in the direction of the improvement you'd like to see?

• Upvote 4

Boxing with kickboxing should improve combos success as Karate could be better at countering strikes (and single strikes)?

Also strikes from underneath is a technique that could be implemented with one of these. Furthermore the knees to the legs, elbows standing and some other "game improvement" suggestions can be all rolled up into this idea, maybe?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...