100% counter and 100% takedowns

RodrigoMachado

I'm in the same boat as TS in a few weeks. My guy will get mauled if this stays standing. I'm actually debating the same strategy, but there is like a .0001% chance of it working. Solid ground fighter who has been learning to stand up, trouble is he'll be 24 in a few weeks. One of the first fighters I created so I'm having trouble deciding if it's time to wash my hands of him or not, still kind of invested.

If your uni-diminsional ground fighter has MONSTROUS striking defense and takedowns, is this a viable tactic agains almost all opponents?

What is monstorous? is that above elite? :P

if you've only trained SD, your primaries can't be too high. Sounds like you could still get rocked if you try to go 100% in both. What if your opponent goes 95% accuracy and even though he does nearly no damage, he still does more to you, and wins a decision?

how much of an advantage do you have on your opponent? is he a ground guy too with 0 takedown d? is he a bisping? striker with no wrestling? striker with good wrestling?

yeah I wouldnt have it on 100%. in fact going above 50% is risky. Because remember that is still 1 in every 2 moves he will look for a td! you could throw in some clinch work. duno if u have anything ur guy can do in the clinch but from the clinch you can just stall, or u can take him down. if the opponent is a muay thai artist then it may be easier for u to go higher takedowns with counter because of course they will be off balance after a failed/blocked kick and this is the time for a wrestler to strike. so perhaps this is a time when you can try this tactic

It doesn't matter how high your strike def is if you have nothing to back it up. Primaries, physicals and secondary's (this third piece having been confirmed by Mike for those who are interested) have a big influence on how well you utilise that strike defence. You cannot have super high strike D and nothing else.

I have done this numerous times. If I am not the leading user of 100% counters here I would be a little surprised. Here is the result of some pretty high risk experimentation on my part:

100% counter with 100% Follow orders should mean that your guy never attempts offensive moves. It doesn't. Due to a bug your guy will behave as though you were at about 95% counter instead of 100%.

If you have a move selected at 100% you will attempt it offensively several times throughout the fight.

For this reason setting 100% Counter and 100% other things like Damage and difficult moves like Combo and TD will mean that your guy will attempt these and miss several times at least.

You can certainly win with 100% counter but absolutes work less well than more moderate settings for sliders like TD's, clinch, combos etc...

When your guy attempts an offensive move that is highly unlikely to hit it is better for it to be a punch or kick than a failed TD or combo.

100% counter with 100% Follow orders should mean that your guy never attempts offensive moves. It doesn't. Due to a bug your guy will behave as though you were at about 95% counter instead of 100%.

Why do you think this behavior constitutes a bug?

Why do you think this behavior constitutes a bug?

Because Mike has stated this is the case.

100% counter is supposed to equal all moves done as counters and none as aggressive moves (as long as you have 100% follow orders on). The same bug that causes TD attempts when set to 0% TDs and 100% Follow Orders results in 10-12 aggro moves per 3 round fight despite having forbidden them.

Keep in mind this is 100%, not 99% or anything like that. No SHiG either.

Because Mike has stated this is the case.

100% counter is supposed to equal all moves done as counters and none as aggressive moves (as long as you have 100% follow orders on). The same bug that causes TD attempts when set to 0% TDs and 100% Follow Orders results in 10-12 aggro moves per 3 round fight despite having forbidden them.

Keep in mind this is 100%, not 99% or anything like that. No SHiG either.

I believe this is right and is all being caused by the same thing which is being worked upon currently.

What about 50% clinch 50% takedowns?

Does it make the takedowns less predictable?

No, more than 20% is a retarded move and will surely lose you the fight.

It doesnt matter that it is "only" 20%, it only means that you will attempt a takedown once in every five moves, and quite frankly, that is more than enough.

What about 50% clinch 50% takedowns?

Does it make the takedowns less predictable?

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Fight_tactics

The stay standing/try takedowns choice comes before the Try to clinch/Stay on the outside choice.

edit- For quick reference, you can reach that page of the wiki by scrolling down to the Fight Tactics section on any of your fighters' pages, and using the http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/help2.jpg button at the top right of that section of the page.

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Fight_tactics

The stay standing/try takedowns choice comes before the Try to clinch/Stay on the outside choice.

edit- For quick reference, you can reach that page of the wiki by scrolling down to the Fight Tactics section on any of your fighters' pages, and using the http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/help2.jpg button at the top right of that section of the page.

I know this very well.

I meant 50% stay standing (and consequently 100% clinch) / 50% takedowns, i just wanted to make it look more simple.

Still, no one answered me.

Do CLINCH ATTEMPTS make shoot takedowns less predictable?

Not to mention... you might have

sensational/elite strike D, and even sensational/elite agility-

but the guy your fighting will likely have sensational/elite punches.

Your not really ever going to get a big skill advantage beyond beginner levels. So if the goal is to beat someone by designing a certain type of fighter, you can't really count on anything but a slight advantage with the current crop of 4 skillset super fighters.