Fedor vs Barnett

dushira

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wonder how many of the guys that think the punch was anything but luck are actually training in Boxing/MT/MMA.

I bet that if somehow it went the other way (yeah hard to imagine Fedor trowing a flying knee) that everybody would say that Arlovski got lucky. Love makes blind I guess.

I've trained in martial arts and in the past, I felt whether or not that shot was luck was decently arguable. Fedor has consistently defeated every opponent ever put in front of him. Meanwhile, Arlovski has a spotty record with questionable losses, some awkward wins, and a history of a bad chin. Both fighters have their fans though so whatever. However, the image cemented that it was not luck in my eyes. It slows things down some and you see exactly what I described. When you can duck the hands like that and block the knee all at the same you're knocking the guy out, it's not luck, but AMAZING technique. I thought it was beautiful.

Block the knee? Come on man. Now I heard everything. First you don't block a knee that way. Secondly, no skilled Muay Thai fighter trows a punch to counter a flying knee. You don't do that. Fedor did it because he didn't see it coming. Thirdly that's the way Fedor punches. He trows what that mutated hook with his one hand and the other hand is down on his waist protecting his balls or something. He always does that when he punches. He never keeps one hand up to protect his chin while punching. NEVER. You won't see any nice combinations from him either. It's mutated hook right, mutated hook left and repeat. If you saw Fedor trow one straight punch in his whole carreer please let me know.

Skilled boxers don't knock people out while they are not looking at their target. Give me one professional boxing fight that ended by knockout while the boxer wasn't looking at his target.

Now again, I'm not saying that Fedor is not the best fighter. But his striking is certainly not textbook. It works for him. Fine. He traded punches with Mirko and certainly deserves credit for that. But if you think that the punch that knocked Arlovski out was anything but luck than you don't know anything about boxing. Simple. It's blind love.

I think it's time for the Roy Jones - Anderson Silva boxing match to happen. Might open some eyes.

I really wonder how many of the guys that think the punch was anything but luck are actually training in Boxing/MT/MMA.

I bet that if somehow it went the other way (yeah hard to imagine Fedor trowing a flying knee) that everybody would say that Arlovski got lucky. Love makes blind I guess.

lol I agree. Also agree on the Silva vs Jones Jr boxing match.. If Jones Jr has been training and staying in decent shape he'd KTFO anderson. I think a kickboxing match would be more fair for Silva, but he'd still prolly get KO'd.

I like Fedor, guess you can say I'm a Fedor fan... is he in my top favorite fighters? ... maybe, maybe 5th in my top 5 or near the bottom of my top 10. Is he in my top favorite fighters to watch, hell yeah... cuz his fights are exciting. Arlvoski happens to be in my top 5 favorite fighters to watch too. This fight was a dream come true to me.

Anyway, my point if there is one... Fedor's punch was a great punch, but the odds on him landing that same punch (even if he knew Arlvoski was throwing a flying) again in that same position are VERY slim, and when you have a number that looks like lottery type percentage... it's called luck.

If it was this big timed perfect counter punch he woulda saw that Arlovski was KO'd after his perfect aimed counter punch and wouldn't have thrown a wide left swinging for the fences hitting nothing but air.

However... I guess I could say that it was a perfect counter punch in the sense that he through the damn punch at the right damn time and knocked Arlovski the fuck out. Although he didn't know it was gonna KO Arlovski, it did. So you can call it perfect if you want to lol

and I've watched that reply a thousand times..

Arlovski jumping into that punch is what knocked him out. Fedor was throwing a counter punch cuz he saw Arlovski get light on his toes and that usually means Arlovski is about to pounce. He knew Arlovski was about to strike. I don't think he saw the knee coming, I think he just knew something was coming and he threw a punch ducked his head at the same time and then swung for the fences when he opened his eyes and saw arlovski's body in front of him.

Fedor isn't a Muay Thai fighter nor a Boxer. His primary style is Sambo and this is Mixed Martial Arts. He doesn't just counter the flying knee with the punch. Watch the image itself and look at his left hand. I don't care about the past. I'm talking about this exact moment. He uses his left hand to prevent Arlovski's knee from even coming past his bicep. His right hand at shoulder length and aimed up with Arlovski's face BEFORE he ducks down to avoid his hands and that's when the release comes, as his head comes down. Again, this isn't boxing. People don't do flying knees in boxing. He doesn't have to look at Arlovski the entire time because the guy just began his jump. He had nowhere to go and due to his execution of the technique, his head was WIDE OPEN.

Jumping into the punch had little to do with it. Arlovski has no chin. He's been knocked out six times. SIX out of SEVEN losses.

I swear. If Jesus Christ himself fought Fedor, you'd think that Fedor would be the favorite.
He would. Jesus is a pacifist, is known for peace instead of violence, and has no experience in combat. Also, Jesus allowed himself to be murdered. Fedor will eventually die of old age, but murdered? Pfft.

He would. Jesus is a pacifist, is known for peace instead of violence, and has no experience in combat. Also, Jesus allowed himself to be murdered. Fedor will eventually die of old age, but murdered? Pfft.

ye ... Fedor is actually real and not made up. you could write a better book about Fedor then the bible including more believable miracles and everything also.

Uhhh, yeah, I train MMA, and muay thai specifically. you, however, probably don't.

Fedor countering with a punch to the jaw isn't exactly even close to how to technically avoid or counter a flying knee, but everything he does is MMA effective. Going straight foreward and throwing wierd non turned over punches in a flurry isn't exactly technical at any striking discipline, but he drove right through Sylvia and basically knocked him the fuck out. Fedor does stuff that works.

You can drive through some people, for others, like Arlovski, even though he was driven through in his last fight, it's a much more dangerous thing to do. But Arlovski leaves openings. Maybe Fedor thought he was going to show an opening? who knows. What I know is Fedor magically aimed his fist exactly where Arlovski's head was going to be located during the flying knee attempt before he followed through with it.

Watch, how often does Fedor throw extra high with a random winging punch?

I don't think that wouldn't be a fair fight, Fedor wouldn't be willing to fight.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJIWL-FfDrI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJIWL-FfDrI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

or

link here

40 seconds into the video lol impression of jesus.

Is you gonna sit at my table judas!

put some water on the ground, do you see me walkin on water judas!

.. I will turn you into a frog ..

haha

What jesus would say to Fedor.

my definition of luck. (in a fight)

when someone is clearly losing and they pull something out of there ass unexpectedly that makes u say "wow, where the hell did that come from"

now my definition of something that is clearly just a matter of time:

if fedor would have been winning that fight as many of u are arguing, then this is what would have happened at the end of that fight. "oh man, here it comes, yep, yep here it comes, its over, i saw it comin."

and if anyone can say that they called fedor knocking aa out at that point and time in the fight is a liar.

and i would really like to know what u saw in that fight previos to that ko moment that led u to believe that he was gonna knock aa out. plz tell me what it was that tipped u off. cos i sure as hell seen nothin!! i wont accept anything short of someone being able to see the future as an acceptable answer.

so just think back to yourself. did u set back or wer u jumpin around in disbelief. i wonder how many of u will be honest?

my second thot on this is

take out the flying knee. assume that aa was boxing instead, like he had been doing the entire fight.

Now,

let fedor throw his winging punches (which is so,so,so,so....so true) just like he had been doing the entire fight and theres no reason to believe that the results would have changed from what they had been the entire fight. unless he got lucky in that situation also.

but idk, u can debate it all day long but the fact is fedor won and aa done a nose dive. haha. whether it was luck or not.

but just alittle more on barnett vs fedor

barnett also has technical striking which was beating fedor in the aa fight.

and im not gonna say that barnett cant do a flying knee, but ive not seen it. and i dont think that hes that dumb niether or at least i hope not!

Watch, how often does Fedor throw extra high with a random winging punch?

fedor usually is not losing on the striking but that particular night he was and every time they engaged he was getting popped.

its easy to answer your question. honestly, go back and watch it again, and tell me if this isnt apparent once u look for it.

when fedor throws his punches. his arms are almost always in a perpindicular angle to his body. the majority of the punch motion is close to 90 degrees.

now once youve noticed that, answer this

he had been getting repeatedly punched in the face the entire fight. (we know that to be fact). SO........he did not duck but he cocked his entire body to the left which inturn placed his punch more in the air than usual do to the different body position, the throwing motion was no different. whether he did it knowingly or instinctivly, i dont know, but i do know that he did it becos he was tired of getting hit in the mouth and not landing anything in return.

and i guess that does make him invincible becos if u can make an adjustment to lean to the side and stare at the earth and win by doing that. what can u really say?

bottomline is:

u cant chalk it up to anything but luck. im sorry. but u cant. some will never admit it but thats there right. but its a win so i dont understand y yaul wont take it for that.

what fight were some of you watching? Fedor/AA at Affliction 2 it can not be. watch Fedors face after the fight, just look at his face. Fedor is known to have weak skin. when a fly sits on Fedors face and Fedor smacks it off his skin gets purple and blue - thats how weak his skin is. now tell me how his face looked after the fight ... did his face look like AA was beating the shit out of him? tell me ...

what fight were some of you watching? Fedor/AA at Affliction 2 it can not be. watch Fedors face after the fight, just look at his face. Fedor is known to have weak skin. when a fly sits on Fedors face and Fedor smacks it off his skin gets purple and blue - thats how weak his skin is. now tell me how his face looked after the fight ... did his face look like AA was beating the shit out of him? tell me ...

People tend to forget that little detail, if AA would have actually connected all those shots Fedor's face would have looked like this:

http://www.mmaroot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fedor-emelianenko-2.jpg

or, at least, like this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2qnv49e.jpg

but no, his face was almost intact:

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/mma/story_large/2009/01/27/fedor_emelianenko_oscar_de_la_hoya_affliction_day_.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJIWL-FfDrI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJIWL-FfDrI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

or

link here

40 seconds into the video lol impression of jesus.

Is you gonna sit at my table judas!

put some water on the ground, do you see me walkin on water judas!

.. I will turn you into a frog ..

haha

What jesus would say to Fedor.

:lol: and he's talking about haters :lol: that’s a funny coincidence.

my definition of luck. (in a fight)
Your whole point goes to crap because YOUR definition. The effectiveness of it relies on people to agree with you. I'd rather look at the facts.

FEDOR EMELIANENKO

MMA Record: 30-1-1 (W-L-NC)

Record vs. UFC Champions: 7-0

Key Wins: Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Mark Hunt, Mark Coleman (2x), Mirko Filipović, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (2x), Kevin Randleman, Heath Herring, Renato Sobral, Ricardo Arona

Win Methods: 11 Submissions, 7 Knockouts, and 7 Decisions.

Key Losses: Tsuyoshi Kohsaka.

Loss Methods: Sole loss came as a result of a tournament format. He was cut from an illegal strike and not allowed to continue. In normal circumstances, it would be ruled a no contest, but the company called it a loss in order for the other guy to progress to the next round. So, in truth, no one has ever actually defeated him.

Avenged Losses: Tsuyoshi Kohsaka

Accolades: WAMMA World Heavyweight Champion, Pride World Heavyweight Champion, 2004 Pride Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament, 2002 Pride Openweight King of Kings Tournament, and 2001 Rings Heavyweight World Class Tournament.

ANDREI ARLOVSKI

MMA Record: 15-7-0 (W-L-D)

Record vs. UFC Champions: 1-3

Key Wins: Ben Rothwell, Fabricio Werdum, Marcio Cruz, Tim Sylvia

Win Methods: 11 Knockouts, 3 Submissions, and 1 Decision.

Key Losses: Brett Rogers, Fedor Emelianenko, Tim Sylvia (2x), Pedro Rizzo, Ricco Rodriguez, Viacheslav Datsik

Loss Methods: 6 Knockouts and 1 Decision.

Avenged Losses: None. One attempt.

Accolades: Interim UFC Heavyweight Champion (later promoted to Undisputed) and M-1 MFC-European Heavyweight Champion.

----------------------------------

Yeah, it was luck alright.

Your whole point goes to crap because YOUR definition. The effectiveness of it relies on people to agree with you. I'd rather look at the facts.

FEDOR EMELIANENKO

MMA Record: 30-1-1 (W-L-NC)

Record vs. UFC Champions: 7-0

Key Wins: Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Mark Hunt, Mark Coleman (2x), Mirko Filipović, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (2x), Kevin Randleman, Heath Herring, Renato Sobral, Ricardo Arona

Win Methods: 11 Submissions, 7 Knockouts, and 7 Decisions.

Key Losses: Tsuyoshi Kohsaka.

Loss Methods: Sole loss came as a result of a tournament format. He was cut from an illegal strike and not allowed to continue. In normal circumstances, it would be ruled a no contest, but the company called it a loss in order for the other guy to progress to the next round. So, in truth, no one has ever actually defeated him.

Avenged Losses: Tsuyoshi Kohsaka

Accolades: WAMMA World Heavyweight Champion, Pride World Heavyweight Champion, 2004 Pride Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament, 2002 Rings Openweight King of Kings Tournament, and 2001 Rings Heavyweight World Class Tournament.

ANDREI ARLOVSKI

MMA Record: 15-7-0 (W-L-D)

Record vs. UFC Champions: 1-3

Key Wins: Ben Rothwell, Fabricio Werdum, Marcio Cruz, Tim Sylvia, Roy Nelson

Win Methods: 11 Knockouts, 3 Submissions, and 1 Decision.

Key Losses: Brett Rogers, Fedor Emelianenko, Tim Sylvia (2x), Pedro Rizzo, Ricco Rodriguez, Viacheslav Datsik

Loss Methods: 6 Knockouts and 1 Decision.

Avenged Losses: None. One attempt.

Accolades: Interim UFC Heavyweight Champion (later promoted to Undisputed) and M-1 MFC-European Heavyweight Champion.

----------------------------------

Yeah, it was luck alright.

Fixed :smile_anim: