Fedor vs Barnett

dushira

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this odd feeling that Barnett will pull this off this time. But if I had to put money on it I'd still bet on The Emperor for sure. :P

I have this odd feeling that Barnett will pull this off this time. But if I had to put money on it I'd still bet on The Emperor for sure. :P

the problem with betting against fedor is the fact that he will almost be guaranteed to get the nod if it goes to decision.

its actually barnett vs. fedor/judges if the fight goes the distance.

which even tho ima barnett fan, i agree that it should be that way. the champ should never lose a decision in a close fight. to be the man u have to beat the man. not hang with the man.

i think barnett will stay much more active than fedor thru footwork and control of the groundwork.

how do u see it goin down savucha?

barnett +300!!! holy shit thats high

Fixed :smile_anim:
Just went back to the post I made prior this remark to check something and saw it. And the person Roy Nelson beat that was worth a damn would be who, exactly?

Just went back to the post I made prior this remark to check something and saw it. And the person Roy Nelson beat that was worth a damn would be who, exactly?

He didn't defeated a top name but he was a Former IFL chsmpion and was considereded at least a top 12, and if you ask me he is a better victory than Mauricio Cruz.

I didn't even say top name, just anyone worth a damn. Being the best of the bums doesn't really mean much. Marcio Cruz at least WTF PWNED Frank Mir and defeated the likes of Paulo Filho, Gabriel Gonzaga, Roger Gracie, Ricco Rodriguez, and Fabricio Werdum in grappling contests.

Barnett is a catch wrestler so he has way more ground game then regular wrestler. He has a chance to beat Fedor like any other fighter in the world. but he has size and etc...

but Fedor will win move to UFC beat Brock then lose to Mir for the title simple as that.

i highly doubt mir is going to beat brock for the title and within a few years brock could be unstoppable if he gets all around better game def in bjj..if he develops more skill and with his size he would be unstoppable..thats an "IF" tho

and in dead seriousness I've heard rumors of tito vs fedor -http://www.mmanews.com/other/Tito-Ortiz-Eyes-Match-With-Fedor-By-The-Middle-Of-2010.html

i think fedor will lose to tito via dieing laughing

whoops didn't realize somebody already posted the fedor vs tito

I didn't even say top name, just anyone worth a damn. Being the best of the bums doesn't really mean much. Marcio Cruz at least WTF PWNED Frank Mir and defeated the likes of Paulo Filho, Gabriel Gonzaga, Roger Gracie, Ricco Rodriguez, and Fabricio Werdum in grappling contests.

Defeating a trauma recovering Mir is not that impressive and those victories don't count, grappling and MMA are not the same thing, but yeah at least Cruz has better names under his belt although I don't think he is a better fighter than Nelson.

Um, didn't Cro Cop whoop him three times in a row? Barnett seems a tad overrated to me.

Cro Cop was really good a few years ago, i think he lost motivation or something the last couple of years, he was also a pretty awesome fighter back in the K-1 days

Mir wasn't recovering. He was recovered. If he wasn't in the condition to step into the ring, he would've known during his training before even accepting the fight. Who said grappling and MMA were the same? I know I didn't. I brought up his accomplished ground background because it made him more of a threat than anyone else Arlovski beat in his UFC stint except Werdum (talent wise, but Fabricio gave no effort).

Pretty good or not, it was 3 in a row.

If Fedor went to ground and GnP'd Big Nog, the best heavyweight submission artist ever, he's not going to be afraid to go to ground with Barnett.

Also...if the UFC couldn't get Fedor to come fight Couture, there's no way they'll be able to sign him to fight Lesnar/Mir. He really wanted the Couture fight. Dana White is too much of an asshat to offer him the contract he deserves.

If Fedor went to ground and GnP'd Big Nog, the best heavyweight submission artist ever, he's not going to be afraid to go to ground with Barnett.

Except this time he might not be on top.

He won the Arlovski fight with a lucky punch he trew with his eyes closed and you can't see challengers for him. Damn you are naive.

If you have watched any Fedor fights you would notice he always takes wide long looping hooks, the same way he KO'd Arlovski and Arlovski isn't the only guy he's knocked out so maybe he wasnt lucky maybe thats just the way he knocks people out. So IMO your wrong it wasnt a lucky punch, it was talent and power.

I did train in martial arts and growing up in the Bronx, I had my fair share of fights which always won, but never claimed to be an expert. However, it really was the best counter I've seen. Fedor aims the punch, ducks underneath Arlovski's hands as flies forward and lets his fist fly, and still pushes away the knee the moron was attempting to use for that flying knee. To block the shot, land the counter without having to look (aided by Arlovski being stuck in the air), and avoid any possible adjustment to land another strike isn't like anything I've ever seen in any fighting sport.

Yeah and since you're the expert...

I did train in martial arts and growing up in the Bronx, I had my fair share of fights which always won, but never claimed to be an expert. However, it really was the best counter I've seen. Fedor aims the punch, ducks underneath Arlovski's hands as flies forward and lets his fist fly, and still pushes away the knee the moron was attempting to use for that flying knee. To block the shot, land the counter without having to look (aided by Arlovski being stuck in the air), and avoid any possible adjustment to land another strike isn't like anything I've ever seen in any fighting sport.

And here we go again.

Congratulations to dushira for starting tha longest and most viewed thread on the forum.

P.S. Fedor by decision.

On the blind hit from fedor.

Yah know, playing golf. thinking on this.. dont ever actually remember hitting the golf ball. i see it, and hit it. Dont ever remember hitting it.

Sometimes in basketball before a shot in close. I could feel someone on my hip ,knew where the basket was. Had made a shot in close like that soo many times practicing, There was no need to stare down the rim., instinctively knew where it was. If anything my eyes were on the other defenders too see what they were doing.

Could his punch have been very similar?

On the blind hit from fedor.

Yah know, playing golf. thinking on this.. dont ever actually remember hitting the golf ball. i see it, and hit it. Dont ever remember hitting it.

Sometimes in basketball before a shot in close. I could feel someone on my hip ,knew where the basket was. Had made a shot in close like that soo many times practicing, There was no need to stare down the rim., instinctively knew where it was. If anything my eyes were on the other defenders too see what they were doing.

Could his punch have been very similar?

ive ben in some fights wer ive closed my eyes and got lucky b4

i think ima challenge fedor to a blindfold match

Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global are looking for a new opponent to face Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive test result. Calls to Affliction Entertainment were not immediately returned. The CSAC said a comprehensive statement would be issued Wednesday.

Barnett said he had not been notified of any issues with his eligibility as of Tuesday evening.

“I took my test three weeks ago. I would have thought I would have heard something by now,” Barnett told Sherdog.com.

However, the former UFC heavyweight champion said he had not checked his phone messages recently and later added, “No matter what happens with this, I can assure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by.”

Vitor Belfort has agreed in principle to face the world’s No. 1 heavyweight on 11 days’ notice, according to two separate sources close to the negotiations. One source told Sherdog.com that Emelianenko will have the opportunity to choose between Belfort and Bobby Lashley. Lashley has denied knowing anything about replacing Barnett, though.

"I don't know if I would want it right now. Since the last fight, I haven't really been into training again," he said. "That fight is next week. That would be something I would really have to take a look at. To just jump in there probably wouldn't be the smartest thing for me right now. A lot of people would say that might be a money fight. They figure, 'If we give him enough money, will he do it?' That's what people tend to look at. I don't want to get into fighting for the money so much right now.”

Belfort, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, is scheduled to face American Top Team standout Jorge Santiago in a middleweight bout on the Aug. 1 card.

CREDIT: Sherdog.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Barnett can't stand against The Last Emperor without the roids and he knows it. It's how he became UFC Champion in the first place. Pathetic.

One source told Sherdog.com that Emelianenko will have the opportunity to choose between Belfort and Bobby Lashley. Lashley has denied knowing anything about replacing Barnett, though.

I wonder which would help get more buys