International orgs?

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me if orgs can go international, like for instance you have a set number of fighters that live in another location.

Is it possible to set up events in their location for them, even if your base loaction is different?

generally speaking it's not a great idea to create an org based on that concept, unless you ONLY sign experienced managers. even then you'll probably end up having some no contests from time to time. it's intriguing, yes, but at present there really isn't a benefit to doing anything other than running events in the city that the org is based.

*edit* alternatively, you could basically set it up so that you have multiple rosters within your roster. that is to say that you sign fighters in each of the cities you plan on having events in, so that most of the fighters don't actually have to travel anywhere for their fights.

Yeah I was thinking of trying to start up a roster in another city but to be honest you then have to make sure that you have enough fighters in that city for your 10 fights as well as enough money to be able to survive while you try sign up fighters in that city.

It actuaaly becomes really expensive.

I think bigger orgs would benefit from it though.

I personally haven't seen any orgs that have been able to pull this off, but I'm sure they're out there.

Hmm... I'd like to try it.

Until the Event rating hit for having events in different cities in the same week get taken away, the only reward would be confined to being able to pick the perfect venue for your event attendance wise (what you can fill with maximum profitability)

Yeah I was thinking of trying to start up a roster in another city but to be honest you then have to make sure that you have enough fighters in that city for your 10 fights as well as enough money to be able to survive while you try sign up fighters in that city.

It actuaaly becomes really expensive.

I think bigger orgs would benefit from it though.

The true hard part, in my opinion, is knowing which fighter is in which city, seeing that the org fighter page just list everyone in the weightclass together, so you have to manually do the separation work and try to match fight with that.

Until the Event rating hit for having events in different cities in the same week get taken away, the only reward would be confined to being able to pick the perfect venue for your event attendance wise (what you can fill with maximum profitability)

[/thread]. It just makes no sense right now for orgs to even bother with the hassle. I've spoken to Mike about this in the past, and, frankly, it doesn't make sense from a competition stand-point to change this either, so I wouldn't expect a change here.

The true hard part, in my opinion, is knowing which fighter is in which city, seeing that the org fighter page just list everyone in the weightclass together, so you have to manually do the separation work and try to match fight with that.

Fighter List + shows the city the fighter is in.

I know that Reach do shows in Hilo and have started venturing into New York now as well.

It's a well run org that I'd recommend.

Thanks Dirk! There's ups and downs to it I guess, as there is with anything, but it brings a little bit of a different aspect to the game. Eventually I'd like to have held an event in each city, but that's a little ways away yet. I have been signing NY fighters to compete on our NY cards to save the fighters some cash on traveling expenses so whoever mentioned that above was onto to something it does help simplify things.

The stress blows my mind when prepping for these things ... but at this point MKFC has only four cities we have not "Invaded"

The MKFC is based in St Pete ...

MKFC invades Amsterdam

MKFC invades Los Angeles

MKFC invades Helsinki

MKFC invades London

MKFC invades New York

MKFC invades Tokyo

MKFC invades Montreal

Decent ratings thus far and only one no contest ... still have Hilo, Rio, Sydney and Las Vegas - my plan is to do Vegas on show 200 and make it a PPV and go bankrupt ...

The stress blows my mind when prepping for these things ... but at this point MKFC has only four cities we have not "Invaded"

The MKFC is based in St Pete ...

MKFC invades Amsterdam

MKFC invades Los Angeles

MKFC invades Helsinki

MKFC invades London

MKFC invades New York

MKFC invades Tokyo

MKFC invades Montreal

Decent ratings thus far and only one no contest ... still have Hilo, Rio, Sydney and Las Vegas - my plan is to do Vegas on show 200 and make it a PPV and go bankrupt ...

Just so you know. Fightworld International was the pioneer for this type of event. ;)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgeventpublic.php?EvID=12826