Shady Tactics

4k/6k is a pretty solid wage for a guy who could main event the 2k arena? (at least) Say waaat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inW6fhmr7Jk

Yeah, this is the part that is most mind-boggling to me. All these people that think that 1/4000/6000 for 5 fights is a good contract for this guy, please come to me when you have a FA because I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! ;) On the open market, that guy gets at least 10k/7k/7k - and likely more.

Judging by the timeline of events, it would appear that the TS wanted that FA for himself or for his org and started slinging shit when he realised he didn't get him.

TS released a fighter shortly after Kratorius appeared on the FA market over a week ago, and the TS hasn't filled that empty slot yet. Then, on the morning after Kratorius is released by Barn, at 7.21am, the TS makes this thread, no doubt pissed off that he's just realised that someone has beaten him to the punch.

As for labeling it a scumbag move, get real people, utter rubbish. It happens all the time, and with far, far worse contracts than what I set him up with.

@ Crisse:

"Who am I to decide where the new manager fights him?"

Whoever posesses a fighter is free to do whatever they want with him. Barn helped me out by signing a fair contract to the org, and it's up to whomever fancies acquiring him to decide whether it's a good acquistion or not. And by claiming that it isn't done all the time, well, now you're just being either very stupid or very naive. Or both.

So, we're at the point in our in-game society with rather than trying to improve it, we're resorting to beating others to the "scumbag-punch". Surely that can't be your argument here, can it? And, considering I had my eye (as I always do) on the FAs without contracts that I wanted to offer contracts to for Blitz, and got the following response from Barnabas, I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what you were doing here:

Subject : Re: Wolfgang Kratorius

Sorry Matty but I only picked him up as a favor to TK so he is going to vendetta.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

so where is this guy ranked? i have ppl around 1k p4p on like 3k-6k contracts lol, i must be in the stoneage still i need to get me some payrises

For those who don't think orgs sign fighters to contracts before the fighter is released, go to the FA list and click on some fighter contracts.

I just did, and the very first one I clicked on has a contract running to Dec 2012...

Fights : 5

Fights left: 5

Signing Bonus : 1

Base Pay : 500

Win Bonus : 500

Expires : 01 Dec 2012

Inactivity Clause : 50

Orgs signing fighters to contracts before them being released is common practice.

Compared to what sort of contracts many are given, the contract I offered was fair.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Its not the pay that is the problem. The problem is that you made your friend pick up a FA for you so you could sign him with your org. And not only that you guys took all his money before you released him so the new manager that picks him up will have a hard time getting good training. So not only are you trying to force the manager that picks him up to fight for you you also take all the money and leavs him with nothing. Yeah that would make me wanna fight for you if i picked him up :)

And yes other people might do the same thing but that does not make it less of a scumbag move. Its just a bad excuse to make yourself look better.

• Upvote 1

Yeah maybe compared to more shit contracts what you gave is fair, but that still doesn't make it fair compared to what that fighter deserves.

Just because someone makes a scumbag move more scumbag then your scumbag move, doesn't make your move not scumbag, your move is still scumbag, and by trying to deny that your move is scumbag, that actually makes you a scumbag.

• Upvote 1

So, we're at the point in our in-game society with rather than trying to improve it, we're resorting to beating others to the "scumbag-punch". Surely that can't be your argument here, can it? And, considering I had my eye (as I always do) on the FAs without contracts that I wanted to offer contracts to for Blitz, and got the following response from Barnabas, I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what you were doing here:

Don't you dare try to label me with any of that bollocks.

You know as well as most do that there aren't many managers more helpful and supportive of other managers and noobs than me. I give my time and money to help people, as evidenced by the hundreds of people I've gone out of my way to help, both in the forums and in the game.

I built the worlds biggest (cardio) gym before launching VENDETTA, with over 700 members. How did one gym get so much bigger than every other gym who was doing the same thing? Because I gave away free money to any members who were short, and by going out of my way to personally arrange sponsorship deals for around 5-8 people per week, with some of the games leading companies, as well as giving advice on everything to practically everyone.

Oh yeah, and I don't just donate to my gym or org members, observe:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22028&st=0&p=254544&hl=+wants%20+money&fromsearch=1entry254544

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hey guys, hope everyone is well and enjoying our beloved game.

I'm in a particularly good mood this morning and have an urge to give some money away to some new managers who need a little cash boost.

They won't be huge donations, just enough to give some of you guys some more money for training or supps etc.

I'll limit it to non-VIP's only, as you guys can't earn money through companies. Hopefully you'll enjoy the game so much more with a bit of cash on the hip that you'll go VIP and start companies and make tons of money yourselves. That's the plan, anyway, the more VIP's the merrier :)

So, any non-VIP's need some cash?

As for Barn and The Halo? Barn was doing me a favour and The Halo had nothing to do with it, so you can stop refering to the alliance with comments like, "arguably 'respectable'"...even putting respectable in quote marks

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I will vouch for TK he has helped me more than I can say.....everyone plays this game the way they want too. What makes this game the best is if you don't like someone.. there are many more orgs and cities you can go too. So move on people.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion about what is "shady" and what isn't in this game. Remember, it is called tycoon. It's hard to discuss issues about a contract that was signed since some of the details are none of your business. In this particular instance though, you can find those details out becuase the fighter in question is a free agent. Why I dropped him is also none of your business. So what if the owner of the org I signed him with is in my alliance. I do favors for people who arent in my alliance also but isnt that the point of having alliances? I understand how certain things about this look, I would agree with lame more than shady. But I think the future of this fighter will show all. Why dont you pick him up Jackson. Then you can show everyone what a shady manager I am. I am sure TK would agree to renegotiate your contract if you earn it. Probably right in this forum.

I guess with a high ranking comes high scrutiny. There are a ton of better managers on here than me so dont knock me for the ranking system. Check me out Diablo I might be reaching some sort of celebrity status.

I am surprised to see your comment on that matty. If I had offered to sign him to blitz would you have turned it down? You might even have signed him to a fight first? Would that be wrong?

Where are we going with this whole thread? Trying to establish a rulebook by chance? Should we just air out all the "shady" shit that goes on this game so we can get a list started? Maybe you guys could take the list and meet in chat to make up the rulebook so we all know what is against the rules. Just out of curiousity, would something "shady" be against the rules?

i really feel like im missing something here. oh dear the fighter has been signed to a good established org with a decent contract i couldnt possibly pick him up =/

The way he was signed was abit cheeky maybe but thats all i see. Things like this can hurt a players rep and these type of games are often built around reputation, its pretty unfair to make a thread about it and have everyone start bitching and moaning.

Id agree if the contract was crap, or if the org was just being built and the fighter was stuck somewhere with 5x the amount of hype/pop than everyone else or he had nobody to fight and was just sitting there doing nothing "stuck" in the org, but thats not the case

Don't you dare try to label me with any of that bollocks.

**stuff you did in past that makes you think you should get a pass here**

As for Barn and The Halo? Barn was doing me a favour and The Halo had nothing to do with it, so you can stop refering to the alliance with comments like, "arguably 'respectable'"...even putting respectable in quote marks

I'm not labeling you as anything - I am just reading your posts.

And let's not intimate that I'm taking shots at Barn or Halo here. My comment you referenced was more in the hypocrisy of others who bash AA, but don't do the same to a group that is more 'popular' if you will. However, with how this thread is going, I don't blame you for trying to change the subject here! :o

• Upvote 1

Its not the pay that is the problem. The problem is that you made your friend pick up a FA for you so you could sign him with your org. And not only that you guys took all his money before you released him so the new manager that picks him up will have a hard time getting good training. So not only are you trying to force the manager that picks him up to fight for you you also take all the money and leavs him with nothing. Yeah that would make me wanna fight for you if i picked him up :)

And yes other people might do the same thing but that does not make it less of a scumbag move. Its just a bad excuse to make yourself look better.

You just jump out and start calling people names over this? Really? Grow up. I took his money and so what. I am going to take more free agents money too. I probably used to take your lunch money so now you call people names on the internet where it's safe :haddock:

:haddock:

• Upvote 1

You just jump out and start calling people names over this? Really? Grow up. I took his money and so what. I am going to take more free agents money too. I probably used to take your lunch money so now you call people names on the internet where it's safe :haddock:

:haddock:

Yeah you are a badass etc etc etc and yes i am very afraid of people in real life thats why im infront of my computer as much as i am. The sun is frightning and i will die a virgin. Thank god for real men like you MrClean what would we do without you i honestly dont think the world would survive! :notworthy:

• Downvote 1

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion about what is "shady" and what isn't in this game. Remember, it is called tycoon. It's hard to discuss issues about a contract that was signed since some of the details are none of your business. In this particular instance though, you can find those details out becuase the fighter in question is a free agent. Why I dropped him is also none of your business. So what if the owner of the org I signed him with is in my alliance. I do favors for people who arent in my alliance also but isnt that the point of having alliances? I understand how certain things about this look, I would agree with lame more than shady. But I think the future of this fighter will show all. Why dont you pick him up Jackson. Then you can show everyone what a shady manager I am. I am sure TK would agree to renegotiate your contract if you earn it. Probably right in this forum.

I guess with a high ranking comes high scrutiny. There are a ton of better managers on here than me so dont knock me for the ranking system. Check me out Diablo I might be reaching some sort of celebrity status.

I am surprised to see your comment on that matty. If I had offered to sign him to blitz would you have turned it down? You might even have signed him to a fight first? Would that be wrong?

Where are we going with this whole thread? Trying to establish a rulebook by chance? Should we just air out all the "shady" shit that goes on this game so we can get a list started? Maybe you guys could take the list and meet in chat to make up the rulebook so we all know what is against the rules. Just out of curiousity, would something "shady" be against the rules?

I'm not sure what your post is saying here, Barnabas, so I can't comment on most of it, but I can guarantee you that if you had responded to my in-game PM telling me to shoot a contract over, I would have sent 4 fights, 10-15k/7k/7k. If you then accepted it, funneled all of the money off of him, and then sacked him, you'd be on my shit list! :P

Edit: And where we are going with this thread is trying to create a system to protect org owners and managers alike from 'scumbags' (since that seems to be the popular term although I much prefer 'douchenozzles' :P). As community members, we have two options - try to improve the community or try to take advantage of it.

• Downvote 1

Yeah you are a badass etc etc etc and yes i am very afraid of people in real life thats why im infront of my computer as much as i am. The sun is frightning and i will die a virgin. Thank god for real men like you MrClean what would we do without you i honestly dont think the world would survive! :notworthy:

Go chew some bubble gum :baby:

• Upvote 1

Damn matty don't try to pee on TK org ,

4k/6k is a decent contracts and like TK said any manager who take the fighter is free to talk to him to get released ,

the main issue is the manager who cleary hire the fighter to take his money ,then put him in an org and get some other money ,let him with no money at all ,i think you should at least let the fighter with 2k/3k .

I don't think there is any org owner who will decline to sign a fighter like that ,so if TK didn't hired that guy an other org would have hire him , i don't see how you can blam him for that .

And i don't think it's the only manager who try to sign some free agent with a lot of money .

About MrClean you took the FA and let him with only ,6.9$ it's a joke and it means you'r selfish because right now the next guy who will take that fighter will get screw .

• Upvote 1

I'm not labeling you as anything - I am just reading your posts.

And let's not intimate that I'm taking shots at Barn or Halo here. My comment you referenced was more in the hypocrisy of others who bash AA, but don't do the same to a group that is more 'popular' if you will. However, with how this thread is going, I don't blame you for trying to change the subject here! :o

Matty, you questioned my character by saying that I don't try to improve the game, how on earth can you even think that, let alone post it in the forum?

Either you're blind or you have a bias against me, for whatever reason.

You also refered to The Halo as, "arguably 'respectable'", again, showing a latent disdain/disrespect/dislike for the alliance.

So, you clearly don't like me or The Halo, and are using this thread to full advanatage to try to make us look bad.

Personally, I couldn't care less, but one thing you can't do is say that I'm bad for the game.

• Upvote 1

To be honest market value for a guy like that is 10/10 to 15/15 per fight. I think it is kinda cheap to use alliance mates to rope in high value fighters so they can make a ton of money and run higher rated events. Not fair for other Orgs either. Even worse is the manager dropped the fighter without risking his manager rank so he can do it again and again. But its not like others are not out there doing the same thing. It is a shame the previous owner of the fighter got banned for supposedly cheating with all the other BS that goes on.

I don't really see the problem with this or why it would be worse than many other things that's widely accepted in the game. Orgs sign fighters about to be released to new contracts all the time and nobody ever gets called out for it as long as we're not talking 50 fight 1/1 contracts. People pick up FAs to take their cash and nobody ever gets called out for it. People buy companies whose owners went inactive, take the cash and closes them and nobody ever gets called out for it. Who decides what is shady and what isn't?

I don't particularly like the concept of what's been done here, it's kind of a lame way to make cash, but so are many other ways and it's not like it hurts anyone. If it was a fighter worth picking up he wouldn't have gotten released again. At worst I guess it could cause someone who would otherwise have been picked up to be retired but looking at his record and primaries that would probably be the most dignified ending for him.

• Upvote 2

I don't really see the problem with this or why it would be worse than many other things that's widely accepted in the game. Orgs sign fighters about to be released to new contracts all the time and nobody ever gets called out for it as long as we're not talking 50 fight 1/1 contracts. People pick up FAs to take their cash and nobody ever gets called out for it. People buy companies whose owners went inactive, take the cash and closes them and nobody ever gets called out for it. Who decides what is shady and what isn't?

I don't particularly like the concept of what's been done here, it's kind of a lame way to make cash, but so are many other ways and it's not like it hurts anyone. If it was a fighter worth picking up he wouldn't have gotten released again. At worst I guess it could cause someone who would otherwise have been picked up to be retired but looking at his record and primaries that would probably be the most dignified ending for him.

I agree with you. My biggest problem is it does hurt people. Doing it one time may not hurt more than any other thing that you mentioned that goes on. But what if this isnt just done a couple times. With an Alliance like Halo(i dont think they were involved here) what would keep all the top ranking managers from picking up every guy of value to an Org and dumping him in Vendetta? Vendetta would never have to negotiate a real deal again. As an Org woner there would be no way to compete with that. The hardest thing about running an Org is convincing people to fight for you. Its not easy and its not cheap. I dont think this should be a witch hunt that it seems to be tunring into. But i dont want this to become the norm either.

I think the double standard is against TK and Barn right now.

I'm sure i could have found a better contract for Phil Hellmut when he got dropped, and for Richard Simmons too...anyway Blitz and CFC are in my opinion the 2 best orgs in the game, i had a great time in both, i'm proud to have guys that won the title there and i would never ever said anything bad about these orgs.

And i hope you don't have anything bad to said about me either :blackbelt:

If Mike wants to do something to fix this stuff i'm cool with that, but until that moment i don't see nothing wrong if the contract is at least decent, and that's decent for sure. This fighter is going to have a losing record in any good org.

I think the double standard is against TK and Barn right now.

I'm sure i could have found a better contract for Phil Hellmut when he got dropped, and for Richard Simmons too...anyway Blitz and CFC are in my opinion the 2 best orgs in the game, i had a great time in both, i'm proud to have guys that won the title there and i would never ever said anything bad about these orgs.

Phil was my original fighter and I had him for 11 fights. I think that was a completely different situation? Simmons was also Roy's fighter from the beginning. And we were happy to re-neg for Phil when asked to.

Just pointing that out since well, this is an entirely different situation.