List of Training Changes

Grey

Why so managers can keep creating/dropping fighters by the 100's til every single one has that extreme learning speed?

What is it? Cut anyone who isn't over .9 on their first training or something like that on the Greasemonkey scripts?

cut the newly discovered useless sparbots I think.

Mike, with the inclusion of decreasing skills, have you considered adding a third training session or letting fighters join more than one gym?

Sorry if this has been asked, this is a really long thread. :)

I think this is a great idea. Not the 3rd session, but the gym hopping idea.

If you can have a fighter join multiple gyms that'd be realistic as hell. Plenty of cities have gyms "known" for this or that. For example...

It's monday, I want to do 5 minute sparring session, live, full gear, you know, I go out to Inferno in Naples in the morning for that, I want kick, practice kicking, etc, I stay during the PM. Whothehell Gracie is in town, he's a red belt in juijitsu and he's holding a seminar or class at a gym on tuesday, so I go to that gym on tuesday. Well it's wednesday now, and I want to work out cardio and not be crowded by a bunch of people so I hit up Golds Gym and do my version of "circuit training", thursday I want to wrestle so I go to Black Trunks in Cape Coral where Seth Petruzelli used to train and work on that there, while hitting up Inferno after the AM session to go spar/train boxing with Crafton Wallace.

Obviously, I don't do any of that (used to go to Inferno, been to Black Trunks, but far from training actively anymore. At best I "shadow box" in my living room these days. prolly closest I get to training). But it's possible. And I'm sure thousands of IRL fighters and even wanna be fighters gym hop, and some on a day to day basis. I'm just sayin it wouldn't be bad to have the ability to sign up for multiple gyms or set a schedule to train at this gym on this day/session, this one on the other. Hell, maybe even work out a "full time" gym fee and "part time" gym fee but not saying that's necessary.

I think this is a great idea. Not the 3rd session, but the gym hopping idea.

If you can have a fighter join multiple gyms that'd be realistic as hell. Plenty of cities have gyms "known" for this or that. For example...

It's monday, I want to do 5 minute sparring session, live, full gear, you know, I go out to Inferno in Naples in the morning for that, I want kick, practice kicking, etc, I stay during the PM. Whothehell Gracie is in town, he's a red belt in juijitsu and he's holding a seminar or class at a gym on tuesday, so I go to that gym on tuesday. Well it's wednesday now, and I want to work out cardio and not be crowded by a bunch of people so I hit up Golds Gym and do my version of "circuit training", thursday I want to wrestle so I go to Black Trunks in Cape Coral where Seth Petruzelli used to train and work on that there, while hitting up Inferno after the AM session to go spar/train boxing with Crafton Wallace.

Obviously, I don't do any of that (used to go to Inferno, been to Black Trunks, but far from training actively anymore. At best I "shadow box" in my living room these days. prolly closest I get to training). But it's possible. And I'm sure thousands of IRL fighters and even wanna be fighters gym hop, and some on a day to day basis. I'm just sayin it wouldn't be bad to have the ability to sign up for multiple gyms or set a schedule to train at this gym on this day/session, this one on the other. Hell, maybe even work out a "full time" gym fee and "part time" gym fee but not saying that's necessary.

You can jump gyms now it just costs you an extra $600 for each gym.. Realistically not even a drop in the ocean for a fighters these days :)

You can jump gyms now it just costs you an extra $600 for each gym.. Realistically not even a drop in the ocean for a fighters these days :)

Fighters that have the money don't need to gym hop, they have private gyms :P

It's the broke new fighter that needs this. Without having to sign on every 6 hours to make sure to change gyms and schedule a session. I am talking like a preordered week of training. Say I want to pay $600 a week to train at gym A and gym B, as long as both gyms are in LA there is no reason I shouldn't have access to both classes at will. Train at Gym 1 in the AM and Gym 2 in the PM, scheule a weekly schedule in advance to do so, if not it's a lot of work and time.

I don't know, I just thought it was a great idea. It really don't help me at all, I got a private gym. I just think it helps the lil guy out. And prolly helps out a lot of public gym owners.

I envisage more people gym hopping under the new system. Remember that you only pay once per week for each gym if you do that - you don't have to pay signup every time you join.

I am not sure how you would go about making it easier though - I think it would be a nightmare if you had two active gyms at once, with two different entries for training. I know people like stuff automating but that seems too confusing / complicated.

Gym hopping will definitely look much more attractive. Will be a bit of pain to keep track of what they've trained the last few days with the gym moves resetting it but hardly a big issue.

Gym hopping will definitely look much more attractive. Will be a bit of pain to keep track of what they've trained the last few days with the gym moves resetting it but hardly a big issue.

yeah, that's what I always thought. I like to set my weekly schedule on sunday, and change it around a bit through the week if I see fit. Gym hopping would fuck my schedule up and I have no time to keep resetting it. I have 15 fighters to keep track of, maybe if I had 4 it wouldn't matter.

I really hope this new stat decay and ticker monitering doesn't become overly time consuming like I think it could. I have 15 fighters, if I have to moniter tickers for 20+ stats per fighter, ridiculous. But I think it'll be alright just have my doubts like everybody else.

• Upvote 1

I really hope this new stat decay and ticker monitering doesn't become overly time consuming like I think it could. I have 15 fighters, if I have to moniter tickers for 20+ stats per fighter, ridiculous. But I think it'll be alright just have my doubts like everybody else.

I agree with Chris that it may get more time consuming. However, am I correct that skill degradation will only be for skills over Wonderful (120+)? If I am remembering that correctly, I really don't have a problem with skills above Wonderful dropping a bit if I have to concentrate on specific skills for an upcoming fight.

I agree with Chris that it may get more time consuming. However, am I correct that skill degradation will only be for skills over Wonderful (120+)? If I am remembering that correctly, I really don't have a problem with skills above Wonderful dropping a bit if I have to concentrate on specific skills for an upcoming fight.

Judging by the wiki page "skill maintenance", I think your skill can degrade even when they are at the middle level like respectable, but it can be ignore for more time before it starts dropping compare to a wonderful skill.

barca are cheats. they refuse to tell the rest of the clubs how to unlock messi

and Xavi, and Iniesta, and Pedro, and Villa...

seems they don't respect Mike's rule about not maximizing skills!

and Xavi, and Iniesta, and Pedro, and Villa...

seems they don't respect Mike's rule about not maximizing skills!

:D

pedro and iniesta are cyborgs, xavi is a machine(skynet??) but messi is a holographic projection being controlled by someone playing pro evolution soccer on ps3

:D

pedro and iniesta are cyborgs, xavi is a machine(skynet??) but messi is a holographic projection being controlled by someone playing pro evolution soccer on ps3

well, after all that talk about how unrealistic was a maxed out guy, we have Lionel:

Elite shooting - Elite pass - Elite dribbling - Elite speed - Elite agility - Elite balance.

also nice striking defense and great cardio.

hiddens: fast learner - never gets injured - KO power (he sent so many goalkeepers to the ground...)

I actually like the idea of being part of 2 gyms at the same time, like someone else said I'll often set my schedules on a Sunday and then try not to worry about them during the week too much unless I see a good session to join or have a lot of spare time to look through the sessions.

It would be great to have it as an option to set 2 schedules at the same time for those that wanted to use it, could also be another encouragement for people to run public gyms knowing they might well pick up a fee for someone who barely uses the sessions.

One quick observation...

1on1 sparring is nerfed 12-20%. So lets say your 110 guy is sparring with 146 one (doesn't mean crap as one of my elite+ sparbots has only 3.5 stars). In the end that 146 is sacked to 116 (-20%).

Further, you need 4 fighters around to not recive this kind of (s)hit. Fair and square. But, all 4 of those need(?) to be elite. We all know how common is that. So you might end up with elite,wonderful,strong and proficient.(don't know how this will translate into star system). Does it really matter or you only need one guy that is 20% better then you to recive maximum efficiency for sparring? No more average sparring value as before...

Bottom line is, overall sparring star value of that 5 man sparring could still be lower then sparring value of that 1on1 sparring, even if you do count 20% hit.

Need some clearing of this, english is not my mother language so i think i didn't managed to express myself correctly, but nevertheless...

How on earth do you do it practically though? Like, how do I code that?

here goes an idea...

considering a fighter is a member of multiple gyms (even more than two would work with this idea - you can limit the number as you want by querying the database)... my idea is, whenever the user clicks "Save" in the gym training view for a fighter, the following will happen:

1) the system displays a warning that hitting save may alter the training regime in the other gym(s) this fighter is a member of - ask for user confirmation.

2) if user accepts, the system looks for all training sessions in the recently saved regime and, for each session marked as anything different than "No training", the system will reset to "No training" the training session in the other gym(s) the fighter is a member of...

2.1) e.g., if a "Cardio" entry is found on Tuesday PM, the system will look for each other gym the fighter is a member of and set it on Tuesday PM to "No training"... this way, the fighter will still be training only one thing at Tuesday PM but could very well be training Tuesday AM in one gym and Tuesday PM in the other.

in fact, this idea would work for multiple gyms... not only two. obviously, I don't know how your db is designed so there could be limitations there and there are also location limitations.

again, just an idea... let me know if anything is unclear.

I bring up multiple gyms because as the game takes steps towards realism (skill degradation), allowing multiple gym memberships seems appropriate considering almost all fighters in the real world go to more than one gym. Even the most loyal fighters in the world have strength and conditioning coaches who work out of some other gym.

Three training sessions is also very realistic, especially if you count in strength and conditioning being one session in itself. Although I understand the view that it negates the implementation of degradation, I don't necessarily agree with it.

Without any knowledge of coding, it doesn't seem that hard to just have someone a member of two gyms, given the gyms and the fighter are all in the same city. Especially now that class size is less of an impact on learning potential, gyms can allow more members/have cross members without it detrimentally affecting anyone too much. I'm curious to hear what about giving a fighter access to two gyms is so difficult, out of curiosity.

Mike, may you consider to decrease the speed for the orange bar? I think after 100 points of skill the bar tends to go red very fast. Is not happy to expend half a week in maintenance. And since we can only have 7 points for natural skills is very hard to have a well rounded fighter (cause a fighter with 100 points in every skill isn`t a monster is just a nice fighter).

And i still think injuries in the game are being calculated in a very strange way, cause some fighters can go trought the fight being nearly untouched and after the fight they get a huge injury and his slaughtered foes get only a 2 days injury. And i cannot imagine a good manager checking others hidden skills but: KO power, Granite Chin and Fast Learner. Maybe letting the managers chose a fourth hidden we will pick Injury protection.

THANX

• Upvote 1

Humors, I unbanned you from the forums because you said you had something important you wanted to ask or contribute. I'm not unbanning you just so you can post nonsense.

DaveBarra, I'm not reconsidering the speed after two days, no, especially when we actually want super high skilled people to drop skills from their current level... As I said in the other thread. The speed is fine if people adapt to it properly. If people fight against it, it's going to be a pain for them and be unenjoyable.

Humors, I unbanned you from the forums because you said you had something important you wanted to ask or contribute. I'm not unbanning you just so you can post nonsense.

DaveBarra, I'm not reconsidering the speed after two days, no, especially when we actually want super high skilled people to drop skills from their current level... As I said in the other thread. The speed is fine if people adapt to it properly. If people fight against it, it's going to be a pain for them and be unenjoyable.

Is humors the same guy that was getting putting a law suit together cause you took in game money off him, Mike?

Is humors the same guy that was getting putting a law suit together cause you took in game money off him, Mike?

Its still actually going SO better dont insult me!

• Downvote 2