List of Training Changes

Grey

Huge.

I think the days of the 20 year old MMA Gods are coming to an end.

I'm sure there will be plenty of advocates and opponents before these changes are implemented, but it's hard to predict what the landspace will look like until a few months after D-Day. Fun days ahead!

I think the changes are good. However, fighters now age rather quickly and now it takes pretty long to raise skills. I just kind of wish the aging process was slowed down. My favorite thing to do in this game is to hit up that tycoon assistant right when I log on and check out my skills. It will be kind of discouraging now that it's slowed down. But, I'm playing either way. It's still a great game.

Holy crap that was a sad read for me. This sets the whole "private training" out of whack.

This basically forces private gyms to rethink their whole game plan really.

Now you'll need to hire new coaches or spar all primaries basically every week to keep that "ticker" from not hitting bottom.

I'm NOT saying it's a bad thing, the game needs to evolve, but Holy Crap that change was big!

Nice work MIKE! that had to have taken a huge amount of time and planning!

Holy crap that was a sad read for me. This sets the whole "private training" out of whack.

This basically forces private gyms to rethink their whole game plan really.

Now you'll need to hire new coaches or spar all primaries basically every week to keep that "ticker" from not hitting bottom.

I'm NOT saying it's a bad thing, the game needs to evolve, but Holy Crap that change was big!

Nice work MIKE! that had to have taken a huge amount of time and planning!

alliance gyms...

or invite a good friend or two to make a monster semi-private gym?

i'm gonna have to hire one of you uber-nerds to explain all of that to me.

Basically....

http://japanese.about.com/library/weekly/graphics/matrix.jpg

I know kung fu...

I am quite sad to see this one:

Effect of Learning Speed

Slower learners will also have slower skill decreases so that they can maintain a similar maximum skill level to fast learners.

That just cut off the advantage of fast learners? Seeing that you can still have similar max skill level anyway.

That just cut off the advantage of fast learners? Seeing that you can still have similar max skill level anyway.

No, it just makes it so that a guy with 150 learning and a guy with 10 learning dont deteriorate at the same speed, which I hope you agree would be crazy.

• Upvote 1

I'm supportive of the changes. They do more impact someone like me who has 1-on-1 trainingfor the majority of my fighters but I think it's a couple of steps in the right direction.

No, it just makes it so that a guy with 150 learning and a guy with 10 learning dont deteriorate at the same speed, which I hope you agree would be crazy.

I guess I will just wait and see. :smile_anim: I like that the public gym is going to be good and non-150 coach will be hired because a low-level fighter don't need that 150 to learn at maximum rate. And semi-private gym with 12 different coaches will likely to be awesome.

Here are some implications.

1. This is a huge change. This is also a very good change. The short term effect may be negative in the sense that some people who have grown used to certain advantages (I am one of those people) will feel a sting as those advantages lessen. However, that is a short term negative for a larger net positive. This will promote community and keep people from being overshadowed by those with superpowered fighters.

2. Depending upon some factors, 1-on-1 gyms may no longer be the optimal solution for training. An alliance gym with probably 3-4 very cooperative managers may be the best choice. The sparring changes mean that people who already have fighters with a good primary in a crowded public gym get great sparring, but it also means that a private gym with a cooperative group is much better for fighters with a low primary.

3. There will be a market opening for a variety of gyms. As your fighters' skills grow, he can move to gyms of the appropriate level.

4. The game will be more hidden/slider/RNG based than ever. As a compliment to this, matchmaking will be easier for org owners. We may also see quicker turnover at the top.

5. The time of the dominant standup fighter (such as it is at this point) is coming to an end. This will most likely see the end of Sensational/Sensation/Exceptional/Brown fighters. Instead we will see much more of a styles make fights type game, where you are basically forced to specialize in one skill or generalize in all of them, you can't be great everywhere.

6. While this is not the death of the project fighter, they are certainly crippled.

• Upvote 1

WOW ..... this is probably the biggest overhaul of the game since i been around i think and im here over 18 months ..... have to adjust the entire approach to the game

• Upvote 1

Holy wowsers.........

Sort of stinks NOW THAT I AM FINALLY "IN THE GAME" competitively- private gyms, projects etc.....

Nonetheless, I'm sure some people will hate this, some will probably even quit- but I think overall it's the right move if this game is to last for years.

Good Job

• Upvote 2

This is great news for managers that want to open their gyms up to more fighters. Public, alliance, and Org gyms will be viable options. And there is now a valid reason to hire lower level coaches. The gym landscape is going to change dramatically.

...and BAM! gym owners can turn a profit once again...I bet a lot of people don't know/remember what that was like. Interesting changes Mike, I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

• Upvote 1

I like the changes overall, although I don't think the maintenance based decrease should be scaled to learning (it should be scaled to age effect on learning though for longer peaks) as that means everyone has the same theoretical max. I'd like a bit of variance in potential for totla skills just like there is for chin, power etc.

I think these two things are more important issues though:

There should be something that doesn't make travel completely kill fighters due to maintenance issues.

And what's going to stop a current beast from fighting constantly to not decline (assuming good injury resistance)? One fight per week should more or less eliminated the risk of decrease based on the description, no ticks while recovering energy and probably won't reach trigger in the few days till next fight that resets it all again.

4. The game will be more hidden/slider/RNG based than ever. As a compliment to this, matchmaking will be easier for org owners. We may also see quicker turnover at the top.

5. The time of the dominant standup fighter (such as it is at this point) is coming to an end. This will most likely see the end of Sensational/Sensation/Exceptional/Brown fighters. Instead we will see much more of a styles make fights type game, where you are basically forced to specialize in one skill or generalize in all of them, you can't be great everywhere.

Overall 4. is probably true but at the top I think it will do the opposite. Now every top fighter (at least the strikers) is probably elite in the the secondaries that matter so builds are kinda the same. After the changes you will have to make choices leading to hidden/slider/rng being slightly less important and builds being a bit more important which is a very good thing imo.

As for 5. I think the time for the dominant strikers already was at an end, it just doesn't show in the top rank that much yet. This will just enhance the effect.

• Upvote 1

Effect of Learning Speed

Slower learners will also have slower skill decreases so that they can maintain a similar maximum skill level to fast learners.

That's something I'm most worried about. Fast learners' skills will decrease faster? Do I understand it right? If yes then having a fast learner will no longer be as big of an advantage as it used to be.

In general I feel like starting everything from the beginning which is not the best feeling because I believe that I've learnt this and that since I joined. We shall see though.

Another thing that concerns me very much - I don't have too much time to play this game even though I'm pretty addicted to it :) So far it was enough for me to spend around 30mins a day to do everything. Now I simply cannot imagine following all triggers and tickers of all my 15 fighters. From what I understood, as VIP I will be informed in TA only about the negative/positive pops but I will not be informed anyhow that for instance knees skill of my X fighter moved his ticker from 10 to 11. I don't know how exactly it's gonna work but it seems to me that I will have a hard time following all the changes of ticker/triggers...

• Upvote 2