List of Training Changes

Grey

Jesus fucking christ, will everyone put their dummies back in and stop the fuck bitching. I don't normally swear much but you lot are pissing me the fuck off!!!

It's a game, noone is changing your job role and sending you down to do mining work. Oh no my monster my monster, this affects maybe 40 people that are really bothered but this will help thousands of users that are not in the position and maybe just maybe get a new batch of vips that will make the game more challenging or rewarding

You think Mike makes enough cash off this to have it as an only income? I think you'll find its no so how about everyone stops bitching like its the end of the world cos something that benefits thousands of noobs and could improve the game to make it more competitive makes it harder for you

Note: this isn't directed at those that voiced an opinion with a concern, this is for the girls that are spitting their dummies out looking like a 5 year old that's just had their favourite toy confiscated

• Downvote 1

Jesus fucking christ, will everyone put their dummies back in and stop the fuck bitching. I don't normally swear much but you lot are pissing me the fuck off!!!

It's a game, noone is changing your job role and sending you down to do mining work. Oh no my monster my monster, this affects maybe 40 people that are really bothered but this will help thousands of users that are not in the position and maybe just maybe get a new batch of vips that will make the game more challenging or rewarding

You think Mike makes enough cash off this to have it as an only income? I think you'll find its no so how about everyone stops bitching like its the end of the world cos something that benefits thousands of noobs and could improve the game to make it more competitive makes it harder for you

Note: this isn't directed at those that voiced an opinion with a concern, this is for the girls that are spitting their dummies out looking like a 5 year old that's just had their favourite toy confiscated

Dude,, get a tissue and wipe you screen man,, there is no need to spit and break shit just because you are pissed off. :baby:

Personally Grasman, I hope your entire alliance hates these changes and quits the game.

I have nothing against any of you personally, but ACME would have a hell of a stronger chance in HLC with you guys not kicking our ass every week. :training2:

So for that, I love all these changes.

I think the alliance is a bit split on the subject, some might leave others will stay.

I will just bite the bullet myself,, Still love this shit too much. :)

I think the alliance is a bit split on the subject, some might leave others will stay.

I will just bite the bullet myself,, Still love this shit too much. :)

Well shit. It was worth a shot...

Sorry if I missed this part getting explained properly, but about the 'slow learner' that gets as good as the 'fast learner'

I've had slow learners before when I first started and safe to say a real slow learner couldn't ever get near wonderful/wonderful/wonderful/wonderful while fast learners with the same training could get there easy.

So how is it that the slow learner will one day catch up the fast learner?

I hope there has been a misunderstanding on this point, as having all fighters ending up having the same skills at some point in the game, takes away a whole lot of the game. People say it's unrealistic to have skills stay the same..... well so is me getting as good as GSP if i keep training, no matter where I train or who with. I do find this just crazy, and takes the "give everyone the same chance" rubbish to a whole new dumb ass level.

• Upvote 1

Changes look great. I'm going to do a couple of minor things, but aside from that it will be business as usual.

1. Dropping my spar bots. My fighters are all decently trained, and can serve as sparring partners for one another moving forward

2. I will allow 10 or so additional fighters into the gym. This will allow for better sparring and still maintain class sizes of 3 or less.

I think what it means is, with the fast learner he will hit his decline faster so while the slow learner is on the plateau the declining skills of the fast learner will drop to meet the slow learners.

In other words the slow learner will at one point be better than the fast learner as he will peak for longer, but his peak won't be as high as the fast learners.... slow learner for longevity vs fast learner for higher skills and peak

Edit: in regards to hairymachine's post....

I think what it means is, with the fast learner he will hit his decline faster so while the slow learner is on the plateau the declining skills of the fast learner will drop to meet the slow learners.

In other words the slow learner will at one point be better than the fast learner as he will peak for longer, but his peak won't be as high as the fast learners.... slow learner for longevity vs fast learner for higher skills and peak

Edit: in regards to hairymachine's post....

Hopefully this is the case, still not what I'd pick but better then what I said above.

I'm not going to lie the more these changes become clear the more I don't like them, I've always been against everyone should have the same chance so easily and this what all the chnages seem to be about and some to the extreme. And I've always had the mind set from the start.

I'll give it a go though but I can see myself leaving within a few months of this coming in.

looool, wait,,,,, i think edwardsfan just called me a moron, hard to teach an old dog new tricks, hell i have only had a home computer now for 4 years.

nah, i wasnt calling you a moron. looking back at it i can see how it may have came across that way. it was meant as more of a generalized statement just drive the point home about how simple the new system is going to be for ppl to understand.

as far as opposing skills, i hadnt really put an excess amount of thought into it utnil now. as i set back and think about body type and consider how opposing skills would work, it seems to me that boxing and wrestling would relate the most and muay thai and bjj would relate the most. the reason why i say that is because when i think of what the ideal muay thai fighter looks like, he's usually tall and slender. which enables him to control in the clinch better and throw knees and kicks better. a short stocky fighter (wrestler) would be a counter productive physical build for him.

same goes for a bjj fighter. a tall slender fighter is what i consider the ideal physical build. that enables him to use his long limbs to pull guard and control on the ground with a good strong guard and most importantly use those long limbs to sinch up submissions (armbars, triangles, and added leverage for kimuras, etc.). a short stocky (wrestler) build doesnt occur to me like it's practical to be a bjj star?

also, if you consider physical skills involved then muay thai and bjj directly relate through flexibity (high kicks and high guard). plus neither of them are going to be out here trying to bulk up (strength) because that would directly effect their flexibility. damien maia has probly never touched a weight in his life but can excell at bjj.

boxing and wrestling relate to me just simply off of real life examples. look at all these real life fighters that come into the sport as phenominal wrestlers. The Ultimate Fighter television show has numerous examples of fighters that have came in as wrestlers that had absolutely horrible standup. but then as soon as the show is over and they get a UFC fight then usually their boxing has improved jurastically. it just seems like boxing is the easiest thing to pick up for a wrestler in real life vs thai or bjj. if you consider physical build, a short stocky wrestler, which is what i consider the ideal build, creates the easiest transission into boxing. muay thai and bjj rely to much on height and flexibility. boxing and wrestling seem to be more explosive, powerful type skills (less flexible).

so basically in short, i'd relate thai/bjj and boxing/wrestling just off of body type and numerous real life examples. that's just what you see in real life. not sure if that was factored into the equation or not?

as far as aptitude for a boxer to learn muay thai before bjj or wrestling. yes, i still agree with that. it seems that natuarl aptitude is what the change is directed towards and i agree with it. some ppl are just natural strikers that are swift on their feet. they would pick up muay thai and boxing easier than wrestling or bjj. just off of genetics......i just think that there's a lot of things to consider into the equation and hopefully body type gets weighed in.

a handful of examples of wrestlers that are great boxers from TUF: diego sanchez, ross pearson, grey maynard......oh yea, kendall grove is a tall slender fighter that utilizes the clinch and also picked up bjj very quickly. he's a shit wrestler and not a very good boxer. but he uses his body type to his advantage with bjj and thai.

anderson silva is a great striker and a black belt. his tall slender frame is great for subs.

frankie edgar is short and semi-stocky. he's not out here throwing high kicks. but he is a great boxer and a great wrestler.

melvin guillard is very explosive and is a pretty good boxer and could be a very good wrestler before he could ever be a great thai fighter or bjj artist

josh koscheck has made the transission into boxer/wrestler much easier than he could have made the transission into muay thai/bjj fighter simply because his body type doesnt allow it.

just look at sean sherk. a boxer/wrestler. he's never going to go out here and get somebody in a triangle or kick somebody in the head. no matter how good of a boxer/striker he'll be, he'll never be a good thai fighter. he just wont. no matter how much time he spends on the ground he'll just never be a real submission threat. he just wont.

i could go down the top 10 list all day long and name off fighters that are skilled many numbers of ways simply because of their body type. but even though im saying this, i still see your point. it's driven towards a natural aptitude and what a fighter is more likely to learn. so with real life examples you have to decide whether it's natural aptitude that creates these different types of fighters or if it's just what they've trained to be good at.

body type is a huge deciding factor in real life though

nah, i wasnt calling you a moron. looking back at it i can see how it may have came across that way. it was meant as more of a generalized statement just drive the point home about how simple the new system is going to be for ppl to understand.

as far as opposing skills, i hadnt really put an excess amount of thought into it utnil now. as i set back and think about body type and consider how opposing skills would work, it seems to me that boxing and wrestling would relate the most and muay thai and bjj would relate the most. the reason why i say that is because when i think of what the ideal muay thai fighter looks like, he's usually tall and slender. which enables him to control in the clinch better and throw knees and kicks better. a short stocky fighter (wrestler) would be a counter productive physical build for him.

same goes for a bjj fighter. a tall slender fighter is what i consider the ideal physical build. that enables him to use his long limbs to pull guard and control on the ground with a good strong guard and most importantly use those long limbs to sinch up submissions (armbars, triangles, and added leverage for kimuras, etc.). a short stocky (wrestler) build doesnt occur to me like it's practical to be a bjj star?

also, if you consider physical skills involved then muay thai and bjj directly relate through flexibity (high kicks and high guard). plus neither of them are going to be out here trying to bulk up (strength) because that would directly effect their flexibility. damien maia has probly never touched a weight in his life but can excell at bjj.

boxing and wrestling relate to me just simply off of real life examples. look at all these real life fighters that come into the sport as phenominal wrestlers. The Ultimate Fighter television show has numerous examples of fighters that have came in as wrestlers that had absolutely horrible standup. but then as soon as the show is over and they get a UFC fight then usually their boxing has improved jurastically. it just seems like boxing is the easiest thing to pick up for a wrestler in real life vs thai or bjj. if you consider physical build, a short stocky wrestler, which is what i consider the ideal build, creates the easiest transission into boxing. muay thai and bjj rely to much on height and flexibility. boxing and wrestling seem to be more explosive, powerful type skills (less flexible).

so basically in short, i'd relate thai/bjj and boxing/wrestling just off of body type and numerous real life examples. that's just what you see in real life. not sure if that was factored into the equation or not?

as far as aptitude for a boxer to learn muay thai before bjj or wrestling. yes, i still agree with that. it seems that natuarl aptitude is what the change is directed towards and i agree with it. some ppl are just natural strikers that are swift on their feet. they would pick up muay thai and boxing easier than wrestling or bjj. just off of genetics......i just think that there's a lot of things to consider into the equation and hopefully body type gets weighed in.

a handful of examples of wrestlers that are great boxers from TUF: diego sanchez, ross pearson, grey maynard......oh yea, kendall grove is a tall slender fighter that utilizes the clinch and also picked up bjj very quickly. he's a shit wrestler and not a very good boxer. but he uses his body type to his advantage with bjj and thai.

anderson silva is a great striker and a black belt. his tall slender frame is great for subs.

frankie edgar is short and semi-stocky. he's not out here throwing high kicks. but he is a great boxer and a great wrestler.

melvin guillard is very explosive and is a pretty good boxer and could be a very good wrestler before he could ever be a great thai fighter or bjj artist

josh koscheck has made the transission into boxer/wrestler much easier than he could have made the transission into muay thai/bjj fighter simply because his body type doesnt allow it.

just look at sean sherk. a boxer/wrestler. he's never going to go out here and get somebody in a triangle or kick somebody in the head. no matter how good of a boxer/striker he'll be, he'll never be a good thai fighter. he just wont. no matter how much time he spends on the ground he'll just never be a real submission threat. he just wont.

i could go down the top 10 list all day long and name off fighters that are skilled many numbers of ways simply because of their body type. but even though im saying this, i still see your point. it's driven towards a natural aptitude and what a fighter is more likely to learn. so with real life examples you have to decide whether it's natural aptitude that creates these different types of fighters or if it's just what they've trained to be good at.

body type is a huge deciding factor in real life though

This does tend to be my experience as well.

As a self-confessed training whore and someone who averages less than one fight per week for 15 fighters, the skill decrease thing is very bad news.

I got an email from a good manager who has been playing this game since 2009.

I hate the fact this guy is leaving because of these changes, and am worried several others are feeling the same, as that is the feeling i get when speaking privately to other managers.

Here is an extract from his mail:

"The time has come for me to leave the game. I absolutely detest the skill decrease/ticker bollocks that has been introduced recently, so I'm outta here. I'm a self-confessed training whore who has averaged one fight per week in the almost 2 years I've been playing, so to be forced into having to fight regularly to maintain skill levels has killed it for me"

is TK really quitting? he has been around since 2009 and is a self proclaimed training whore that only averages one fight per week in almost 2 years of playing.

i didnt realize that TK had so much spite built up? i guess that kinda makes since why he's giving away all his money now.....quitting a game because of fear of change is childish

i suggest that you all read the book "who moved my cheese". it talks about change and how to adapt to change when it happens. not all change is bad....it's the #1 best selling book on "change" and the all time bestseller on amazon.com i think. if you havent read it, then you should. it'll be a life changing experience i promise. it only takes about 2 hours and is very worth it. - Who Moved My Cheese - it doesn matter if it's a change at work. at home, school or a relationship. it all applies. even if its a change in a video game :P, it applies

• Downvote 1

What's the logic behind the slow learner having slower decreases than the fast learner?

it makes it so that every fighter at least has potential. it's meant to combat the create, sack, create, sack, create, sack system that we have now.....now you wont have to just sack a slow learner and wait 15 more days like you use to. you still can though. but now, you can still keep a slow learner and have the potential for a good fighter. you'll just have to be a little more patient to get the good out of him vs a fast learning fighter that will shoot right up

is TK really quitting? he has been around since 2009 and is a self proclaimed training whore that only averages one fight per week in almost 2 years of playing.

i didnt realize that TK had so much spite built up? i guess that kinda makes since why he's giving away all his money now.....quitting a game because of fear of change is childish

i suggest that you all read the book "who moved my cheese". it talks about change and how to adapt to change when it happens. not all change is bad....it's the #1 best selling book on "change" and the all time bestseller on amazon.com i think. if you havent read it, then you should. it'll be a life changing experience i promise. it only takes about 2 hours and is very worth it. - Who Moved My Cheese

Ed,, in the past 16 years, i have lived in 3 different countries, so I am very familiar with drastic change.

And generally i am in favor of changes,, but only if they are beneficial changes.

Most of these proposed changes i can live with and accept, but part of these changes are just rubbish to me, fucking up my game experience and does the same for several others.

I obviously have no say so in what is going to happen,, but what i can do is voice my pleasure/displeasure and that is exactly what i am doing and will continue to do.

(not directed at you grasman before you get all uppity)

quitting the game because you can't adapt to change shows you probably aren't as good at it as you may think.

:bangin:

Ed,, in the past 16 years, i have lived in 3 different countries, so I am very familiar with drastic change.

And generally i am in favor of changes,, but only if they are beneficial changes.

Most of these proposed changes i can live with and accept, but part of these changes are just rubbish to me, fucking up my game experience and does the same for several others.

I obviously have no say so in what is going to happen,, but what i can do is voice my pleasure/displeasure and that is exactly what i am doing and will continue to do.

im not telling you not to voice your opinion or even see things my way. just suggesting that rather than complaining about a change that WILL happen, you may be better off thinking of ways to adjust to change before it happens.....in that book, there are 4 mice, one of them is just like you. he resist's change. eventually just like that little mouse in the book, you'll either have to adapt or die.....you'll eventually find new cheese that makes you happy. the cheese (fullfillment) that you have now isnt the only cheese (fullfillment) out there. there's all kinds that you've probly never even tasted before. you've just got to be willing to go for it :)

im not telling you not to voice your opinion or even see things my way. just suggesting that rather than complaining about a change that WILL happen, you may be better off thinking of ways to adjust to change before it happens.....in that book, there are 4 mice, one of them is just like you. he resist's change. eventually just like that little mouse in the book, you'll either have to adapt or die.....you'll eventually find new cheese that makes you happy. the cheese (fullfillment) that you have now isnt the only cheese (fullfillment) out there. there's all kinds that you've probly never even tasted before. you've just got to be willing to go for it :)

Ed,, since i'm used to drastic change,, it goes without saying i can adapt.

But, that doesn't mean all change is good or should be accepted, although one adapts to the change if it is forced down ones throat.

It is much better to resist bad change before it happens than after it happens, as after it happens, it usually is much harder to have it removed, than not have it put in place at all.

Hence, it is better to voice objections now, than when it is too late! ;)

The suckers get it up the arse, and say "awwwww" after it happens,, i prefer to avoid getting it up my arse. ;)

What's the logic behind the slow learner having slower decreases than the fast learner?

I don't think they will actually decrease faster, they will just get decline of skills matched to their learning so at the same point past maintenance limits they will both have the same ability to fight the decline. A fast learner will reach the "cap" faster than a slow learner does it (if he does at all), who actually loses their skills the fastest at the end of their careers probably comes down to injuries and the hidden for age based decline.

Perhaps we should sticky that these changes aren't debatable. I'm really wanting to hurt the people screaming like fucking children who seem to think that if they keep yelling, they will somehow change Mike's mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps we should sticky that these changes aren't debatable. I'm really wanting to hurt the people screaming like fucking children who seem to think that if they keep yelling, they will somehow change Mike's mind.

You can do it in the cage dude :)

I am feeling the exact same way towards some of you, want to pop heads like a pimple, just to get that crap out! ;)

This shit is really bringing some hate with it.

But, that doesn't mean all change is good or should be accepted, although one adapts to the change if it is forced down ones throat.

It is much better to resist bad change before it happens than after it happens, as after it happens, it usually is much harder to have it removed, than not have it put in place at all.

wrong. even if the change is bad, if you resist, you'll fall behind.

in that book, it talks about how as a bussiness owner you'll have ppl that will resist change. those are the ppl that, regretfully, you must let go because they cant accept change, and you move on with the ones that can. just like the bussiness owner, mike tycoon has to always keep smelling the cheese to make sure that it's fresh and keep moving the bussiness modal to make sure that it stays fresh with the goals. "you've got to move with the cheese". if some of the ppl cant accept change because they are set in their ways then they are the ones that must be let go. mike obviously knows that. hopefully you can adapt to the change and stay on board because he's working hard to keep a good product.

whether you like it or not, you've got to move with the cheese. if you dont like the direction the cheese is heading in then you have the choice to stay put. but you run the risk of putting yourself into a cheeseless situation. that can be dangerous. that can make you irrellevent. i applaud mike for attempting to stay ahead of the curve.

you should support it whether or not you think that it's good or bad. it all comes down to Adherence. a great strategy is wonderful to have, but not required. it's not the most neccassary thing to have for success. just as long as you follow the formula then you'll succeed. Strategy + competence X passion X focus = adherence. the idea is, no matter how good the strategy is (or how bad), as long as you have a competence about what you're doing, passion for what you're doing, and focus for what you're doing, then you'll be successful, EVERYTIME :)

example on a scale of 1 to 10:

Strategy (10) + competence (6) X passion (3) X focus (4) = 192

Strategy (2) + competence (6) X passion (6) X focus (6) = 288