New hidden for fighters "discipline"

Paradigm

i was just in another thread and it made me think of this. not every fighter has the same discipline/dedication/motivation in real life. perhaps we could have a new hidden for this. if your fighter had a low hidden for this, maybe he'd have a chance of missing training sessions or there would be a random chance for each session that he wouldnt get the full effect of training (maybe he's hungover or something).

also, you could have it affect the See How It Goes slider...the manager could set the slider to wherever they wanted, but the fighter would listen or not listen to the manager based on this hidden. otherwise, most guys probably just set it to 100% Follow and just order their fighters like robots...this would give the fighters some personality.

any thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

i was just in another thread and it made me think of this. not every fighter has the same discipline/dedication/motivation in real life. perhaps we could have a new hidden for this. if your fighter had a low hidden for this, maybe he'd have a chance of missing training sessions or there would be a random chance for each session that he wouldnt get the full effect of training (maybe he's hungover or something).

also, you could have it affect the See How It Goes slider...the manager could set the slider to wherever they wanted, but the fighter would listen or not listen to the manager based on this hidden. otherwise, most guys probably just set it to 100% Follow and just order their fighters like robots...this would give the fighters some personality.

any thoughts?

I think these attributes are pretty much already covered by the intelligence and heart hiddens.

Random E-mail From Fighter

"Boss, I'm not going go training today. I'm sick of that stupid gym. I'm going on a raging bender. I don't know if I'll be there tomorow either. I plan on tearing up St. Petersburg tonight, I'm shutting this bitch down. Know where I can find a good hooker?"

"Sorry I lost the fight boss. I thought your plan was bullshit so I decided to take it into my own hands."

"Sorry I didn't show up to the fight boss. I was up late playing MMA Manager Tycoon."

"Hey boss, I hate you."

Interesting, although I think this would just make a lot of people mad.

• Upvote 1

any thoughts?

I think this is already basically rolled up into the Learning Speed Hidden.

Whther they are an idiot or skipping training or not dedicated is kind of left to you to decide.

• Upvote 1

"Hi boss, my name is really Vitor Belfort. I'm entering the Big Brother house for a few months. See ya later!"

Post of the year.

any thoughts?

"Hi boss, my name is really Vitor Belfort. I'm entering the Big Brother house for a few months. See ya later!"

:rolling: :thumbup: :lol2:

• Downvote 2

I think these attributes are pretty much already covered by the intelligence and heart hiddens.

how does intelligence or a big heart relate to how hard a person trains? i know plenty of smart, lazy people (myself included). heart relates to how you deal with adversity when the shit is on the line...doesnt automatically make you a gym rat.

I think this is already basically rolled up into the Learning Speed Hidden.

Whther they are an idiot or skipping training or not dedicated is kind of left to you to decide.

does a person's learning speed really dictate how dedicated they are to something? it would just be something to differentiate fighters more. then again, more people are probably concerned about fun over realism.

:rolling: :thumbup: :lol2:

great post...got anymore insight into the matter?

Learning speed covers how hard you train and how much you gain from it. The only difference this could make is 1) work as anti-learning which is stupid and overly complicated and 2) cause your fighter to randomly not train.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, OP, but this idea is stupid. I don't want my fighter not following my orders unless I set his sliders to reflect that. I don't want to pay for private training and not have my fighters, which I created, just not train because they're not dedicated enough to do so.

As others here said, this is will just kind of piss people off.

• Upvote 1

I do understand what you are shooting for but it would be a fair amount of work for an in game effect that already is accounted for (training effectiveness).

More flavor would be nice but I don't think this would be the road to take in order to get it?

I could see my phone hitting the wall if I had that kind of stuff brought into the game!

I already get pissed off if my fighter isn't reaching the training targets I set in my head.

any thoughts?

So basically you want a hidden that can randomly make your fighter suck, has no benefit and the only purpose is, uh, realism?

• 2 weeks later...

I don`t thinking you are posting an encyclical any time you touch the keyboard.

And I dont think i have to ask for your permission to post any thing.

So is not your bussines.

Post any thing you want and don`t bother me.