Aggressive vs Counter

Rambo

Is there any point in going aggressive unless your opponent is severly undermatched? It's like we're playing paper rock sciccors and if you go aggressive you're going to lose via counter slaps.

There's one way of setting up your sliders... it's counter & accuracy. That's all I'm seeing.

I've heard there is a way to "counter" the counter-slap, but hell if I know what it is. Even if I do have an advantage in the striking department, I still play it safe if the guy has a better ground game.

I've heard there is a way to "counter" the counter-slap, but hell if I know what it is. Even if I do have an advantage in the striking department, I still play it safe if the guy has a better ground game.

Man I go 50/50 and I still get counter slapped. Only way to counter counter slapping is to counter slap yourself.

My sensational boxer got out-boxed today cause I went to high on the aggro slider (~40%) by a remarkable boxer :) I can't win fights anymore without having the sliders set to high counter/accuarity.

I went the first one and a half year only with 60-90% aggro that got me up to 19th place in the manager ranks. But that just doesn't work for my fighters anymore.

It is sort of a troubling trend.

The 90% counter/ 90% accuracy bullshit is everywhere. A good striker can defeat that with a higher aggressiveness- 90% accuracy himself.

But it's still bitch slap vs bitch slap.

Meanwhile any setting of the power slider is a loss.

Here was a recent fight by one of my alliance mates against a former top 100 heavyweight. To his credit, he wasn't happy about having to fight like this and said the win felt "shallow" afterword. But what else do you do?

Standup

Head punch: 108 (102)

Body punch: 78 (70)

Punch combo: 65 (31)

vs

Head punch: 45 (6)

Body punch: 16 (1)

Punch combo: 12 (1)

I really enjoy having my power up to about 80% or so and landing big booming strikes, but at this point I don't think it's possible to win when your opponent can slap the shit out of you and land every strike.

----------

Not sure what the answer is. But if you are set at 100% accuracy/100% counter and some big angry bastard comes at you throwing bombs, I would like to think that he would have a fair chance to smash through your pussy defenses and little girl slaps and crush you like a grape- but right now, I don't think I see that happening anywhere?

The proper counter in my opinion will be 100%(Fuck 90%, go 100% so you can fuck them up) accuracy + aggressive. Something I don't have the chance to test yet is 100% counter + high damage. You go 100% just so he is more aggressive than you so you can actually hit the counter. That's counter a counter for ya.

I wouldn't say its the only strategy, but it sure seems like the safest one at high levels.

I am having the same feeling here. The usefulness of aggro is diminishing in my view.

I am having the same feeling here. The usefulness of aggro is diminishing in my view.

I used to use it all the time. Then I went on a big losing streak.

I usually go as agressive and with as much power as I think I can get away with against my opponent. My reasoning is that I would be pretty embarressed if ALL my wins were obvious 100% counter/100% accuracy. I do agree though that it is becoming very risky to do as more and more people learn the game.

Maybe increasing the effects of landing higher power strikes would be a good reward? Also, maybe decreassing the defence bonus of going counter too? I mean, in real life, just standing there waiting to get hit is riksy as hell unless you are a SUPERB counter puncher and there aren't tons of SUPERB counter punchers in real life, unlike here.

I usually go as agressive and with as much power as I think I can get away with against my opponent. My reasoning is that I would be pretty embarressed if ALL my wins were obvious 100% counter/100% accuracy. I do agree though that it is becoming very risky to do as more and more people learn the game.

Maybe increasing the effects of landing higher power strikes would be a good reward? Also, maybe decreassing the defence bonus of going counter too? I mean, in real life, just standing there waiting to get hit is riksy as hell unless you are a SUPERB counter puncher and there aren't tons of SUPERB counter punchers in real life, unlike here.

Best name/post combo.

I agree with what every is saying here. I think there is an easy solution to fix the problem and it is realistic. The more you counter the less moves you do whether they are successful counters or not. In real life a counter striker doesnt counter every miss like you see in this game. I think the more you counter the lower the % of missed strikes you actually counter. Not sure what can be done to encourage more damage. Every setting should have just as effective counter. That is not the case. I lost a fight recently verses 95% counter. Knew it was coming and couldnt do anything about it. A little more aggressiveness and accuracy should have had him standing their getting hit like a punching bag and waiting for a miss. But my top 100 fighter couldnt land anything. Basically their was no game plan to ever win that fight. That set up is way to powerful if your guy is built for that(High physicals and defenses).

• Upvote 1

I am not normally one to complain, but I tend to agree. I used to love aggressive sliders and always had at least some damage. The higher the level of competition the more clear it became that even the slightest bit of damage or aggression and you would miss more than 95% of your shots against a counter guy who would then pepper you with slaps non-stop. It seems the only way to fight is all to the right.

I agree with what every is saying here. I think there is an easy solution to fix the problem and it is realistic. The more you counter the less moves you do whether they are successful counters or not. In real life a counter striker doesnt counter every miss like you see in this game. I think the more you counter the lower the % of missed strikes you actually counter. Not sure what can be done to encourage more damage. Every setting should have just as effective counter. That is not the case. I lost a fight recently verses 95% counter. Knew it was coming and couldnt do anything about it. A little more aggressiveness and accuracy should have had him standing their getting hit like a punching bag and waiting for a miss. But my top 100 fighter couldnt land anything. Basically their was no game plan to ever win that fight. That set up is way to powerful if your guy is built for that(High physicals and defenses).

There were two things I wanted to try vs the 100% counter/ 100% accuracy before I gave up.

One was maybe 40% aggro/100% accuracy. Thinking I would likely land most of my strikes and there wouldn't be anything to counter. Sounds like you did that and failed.

The second was perhaps 90% aggro, 75% power with a heavy clinch type fighter and see if I could just smash through and maul him. I have a feeling that won't work either, but I would like to try it.

BTW- by give up I mean going 100% counter/ 100% accuracy with an even more pussyish style than my opponent like mostly low kicks or something.

The impact of counter really needs to be lowered. Maybe make it like takedown spam, your counter misses more if you are going full counter while your opponent is mildly aggressive as he should be able to time his shots well and carefully pick his shots instead of just rushing in like a dumbass and takes 30 counter slaps for that.

Or perhaps, just lower the success rate of counter. It seems so damn easy to counter nowadays and the defensive bonus tend to be too much sometime. One time, I did a 45% aggressive(that fighter has high confidence so he is more aggressive than 45%) + 100% accuracy against a heavy counter striker with a striker that isn't too far away from my opponent in terms of striking ability. Just because I am aggressive, I miss a ton even with 100% accuracy and the only logical explanation is that the defensive boost of counter mode is just too much.

• Upvote 1

There were two things I wanted to try vs the 100% counter/ 100% accuracy before I gave up.

One was maybe 40% aggro/100% accuracy. Thinking I would likely land most of my strikes and there wouldn't be anything to counter. Sounds like you did that and failed.

Hit first but with precision. You would think that would be the logical answer to a 100% counter/100% accuracy opponent but it doesn't seem to be. At least not from my experience. Same as power countering doesn't seem to work out too well for me either. No where near the success rate of counter/accuracy at least.

There is one punishment though (I think) and that is if the other guy lands a decent amount of his strikes but with more power compared to your 157/157 finger jabs he will usually win a decision right?