Taking away the skill depletion

PurplNurplToast

I was enjoying it at first, but I don't have time to keep checking the maintenence every session, it has become a chore the past few weeks I must admit.

I have yet to have a skill decrease too. And I really think other managers are getting a little too bent out of shape over this. I don't even really consider it as "maintenance" because the training still gives you gains in that particular skill even when your tickers need to be reset. The changes have made me pay closer attention to my training but other than that, I think it's a great addition to the game. It would be nice if skill decreases were paused on Sundays though (but that's just wishful thinking), and I haven't figured out how exactly to build new fighters, but that will come in time.

I have yet to have a skill decrease too. And I really think other managers are getting a little too bent out of shape over this. I don't even really consider it as "maintenance" because the training still gives you gains in that particular skill even when you8r tickers need to be reset. The changes have made me pay closer attention to my training but other than that, I think it's great addition to the game. It would be nice though if skill decreases were paused on Sundays though (but that's just wishful thinking), and I haven't figured out how exactly to build new fighters, but that will come in time.

Well said.

I have 0 skill de-pops too, and anything I did lose would be something I am willing to let go anyway which was the whole point of the change, to stop the uber fighters who are Elite at everything and will remain that way for years.

All you have to do is be a little more specialized in certain area's and sacrifice a little in others

i depopped once but it was minimal. its not too hard to avoid it tho if you really care. but it does take some time setting things up now.

It really isn't too hard to maintain at all. The only problem for me is physical but that's because it's over the 82% optimum point so I have zero complaint of it decreasing occasionally. Maintenance adds a new layer to the game so it's a very good implementation.

i have no problems keeping tickers in check ?? , as its been mentioned you need to rethink trainning , at the momment the game has rounded fighters good in all aspects , now jump forward a year in real life 2012 , there will be few fighters sensational in everything , if you consider there are four primaries , physicals , and secondaries , thats six skills in total , now pick four

and thats what your looking at in a nutshell.

Iv actually had less depops since the maintenance was introduced as its quite easy to maintain everything and I used to lose conditioning a lot before it.

My job doesn't include anything regarding a pc, I see a lot of people say they check and sort while waiting for a meeting ect, this is something I cannot do.

<<< no de-pops, no red tickers yet, doesn't have a pc at work.

I do use my phone on break but only to check. I never change anything from my phone. I get it all done before I leave for work in the morn. Btw, I also have to kids, a wife and a house...time management is very underrated.

Its all cool, I work nights only, I can't be doing with having an alarm wake me up every day, but I still seem to struggle at the maintenance, I figure I'm just going to train how I did before if I don't get used to it.

Its all cool, I work nights only, I can't be doing with having an alarm wake me up every day, but I still seem to struggle at the maintenance, I figure I'm just going to train how I did before if I don't get used to it.

just fight more often and you won't have to worry about it

If you can't take 20 minutes once a week to set your training, or your not smart enough to see that at some point during the week you will need to train__________________. You have no sympathy from me.

• Upvote 5

I have yet to have a skill decrease too. And I really think other managers are getting a little too bent out of shape over this. I don't even really consider it as "maintenance" because the training still gives you gains in that particular skill even when your tickers need to be reset. The changes have made me pay closer attention to my training but other than that, I think it's a great addition to the game. It would be nice if skill decreases were paused on Sundays though (but that's just wishful thinking), and I haven't figured out how exactly to build new fighters, but that will come in time.

New fighters are built pretty much the same way as they were before. The fighters don't need maintenance whey they are young.

New fighters are built pretty much the same way as they were before. The fighters don't need maintenance whey they are young.

Yeah, that's true, but with skills at lower levels taking longer to train up, I'm no longer completely sure if the best option is maxing out a single primary and 3 secondaries. It seems possible that a better option would be to distribute your starting points a little more. I'm just not sure.

All my fighters have completely stopped training since like June. Training was already becoming quite a chore. Now that skills are depleting all I want to do is fight. I cringe when I get a fight offer 4-6 weeks in advance.....

The game is not what it once was

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Rockstar189/dfdfdfdfdfd.jpg

• Downvote 4

Well, maybe you should, uh, have your fighters start training?

haha no shit eh, i laugh at all these people saying that they have gotten so many de-pops. I haven't had a single de-pop yet, hell i've barely had any of my fighters even go in the red. It doesn't take that long to figure out what you are going to have to train that week and then change your schedule accordingly. (especially now that the new drop downs in gyms display number of people in each session)