Taking away the skill depletion

PurplNurplToast

I am having a hard time with the skill maint. Im about to de skill for a 2nd time on a 2nd fighter.

I find it very very difficult to be able to train what I want to train because Im trying to hard to prevent a deskill.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=123479

forexample has red for conditioning and is about to go red for strength, but I want to work on my boxing and punches but now im dedicating like half a week in session in cardio /weights/ct and only able to train in punches and boxing the other half not letting me train other things like clinch work and defencive grapple.

I m finding having 15 fighters to manage their training EVERY day to be very hard and time consuming ... I set a training plan for the week, then relize I have to change it the next day to prevent further decay

Maybe im just a retard for this skill maint thing but its kinda demoralizing seeing your ~200 CT sessions going down the drain in a week or so

I'm not saying this change sucks, I understand the need to keep updating the game keep it interesting and new but I do think its a bit to strict....

How about a new suppliment? 160 skill decay reduction?

/2cents

haha no shit eh, i laugh at all these people saying that they have gotten so many de-pops. I haven't had a single de-pop yet, hell i've barely had any of my fighters even go in the red. It doesn't take that long to figure out what you are going to have to train that week and then change your schedule accordingly. (especially now that the new drop downs in gyms display number of people in each session)

You havent had a de pop yet cuz you keep creating new guys :D

I am having a hard time with the skill maint. Im about to de skill for a 2nd time on a 2nd fighter.

I find it very very difficult to be able to train what I want to train because Im trying to hard to prevent a deskill.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=123479

forexample has red for conditioning and is about to go red for strength, but I want to work on my boxing and punches but now im dedicating like half a week in session in cardio /weights/ct and only able to train in punches and boxing the other half not letting me train other things like clinch work and defencive grapple.

I m finding having 15 fighters to manage their training EVERY day to be very hard and time consuming ... I set a training plan for the week, then relize I have to change it the next day to prevent further decay

Maybe im just a retard for this skill maint thing but its kinda demoralizing seeing your ~200 CT sessions going down the drain in a week or so

I'm not saying this change sucks, I understand the need to keep updating the game keep it interesting and new but I do think its a bit to strict....

How about a new suppliment? 160 skill decay reduction?

/2cents

If you did 200 CTs, you probably have all your physicals in the exceptional/Sensational range. Skill degradation was implemented to help bring these excessively high physicals/skills down into a reasonable range.

You havent had a de pop yet cuz you keep creating new guys :D

i only created 5 fighters recently because i just got 4 extra fighter slots ;) my other 9 are having no problems maintaining skills, albeit they aren't as good as the very top fighters, they have better skills then a lot of the people i see complaining...

yeah i re read the wiki some more today and looked through a couple different posts, my fighters do have high physicals i have a couple that are over the 80 mark.

I work more on secondaries and yeah cts so my primaries climb up slow.

yeah i re read the wiki some more today and looked through a couple different posts, my fighters do have high physicals i have a couple that are over the 80 mark.

I work more on secondaries and yeah cts so my primaries climb up slow.

yea man that's why, especially if you've done 200 CT like mentioned above. Your physicals are probably really high.

I guess what confused me is that I have several fighters with high physicals and some who also have high just not as high and im struggling with them:

Heres an example of one of my guy's physicals who im not having an issue with his physicals:

26yr (random apptitude)

Agility Wonderful, 12 (5)++  
Flexibility Sensational, 14 (11)+  
Speed Wonderful, 12 (3)-  
Strength Elite, 15 (0)--  
Conditioning Sensational, 14 (2)--  
Balance Exceptional, 13 (3)-  

and

22yr old (athletic/muaythai apptitude)(conditioning /flexibility /agility are all red or borderline red)

Agility Wonderful, 12 (5)+  
Flexibility Exceptional, 13 (8)+  
Speed Wonderful, 12 (3)--  
Strength Sensational, 14 (14)++  
Conditioning Sensational, 14 (10)-  
Balance Wonderful, 12 (5)-  

I love it, have had no depops yet, and find it fairly easy to work around. Change your mindset and how you train, and it'll work out.

Holiday Mode is your friend!!

You have 14 days to use in 6 months and I am finding that with a day or 2 here and there of time off from worrying about depop's (although I have had exactly 0 of them even on my super high physicals guys) its much easier to get the hang of the new changes and work out a good system.

Also let some of your physicals drop if they are too hard to maintain! You are not going to miss it that much if you go from Sens-- to Exceptional- in something or at least I find I don't need fighters that high to get a W on the board anyway.

• Upvote 2

82%.

Anything over that will be difficult to maintain. I suggest you plan out your fighters design. If your accept the fact you will not be sensational/elite in everything it's quite easy to handle.

These are meant to be humans not cyborgs. Humans have strengths and weaknesses. The idea of doing 200 CT's and simply being better than everyone else in everything is now thankfully replaced by the concept of strategic fighter design.

cheers.

I've had 2 de-pops to date in strength, Elite to Sens, but that popped straight back up to elite as soon as i put him in one general ct session.

One of my fighters is at 87% physicals and I have no problem maintaining that level and still grow the fighter in other areas.

I think Mike has balanced this out very well, and this is definitely beneficial to the game as a whole.

I've had 2 de-pops to date in strength, Elite to Sens, but that popped straight back up to elite as soon as i put him in one general ct session.

One of my fighters is at 87% physicals and I have no problem maintaining that level and still grow the fighter in other areas.

I think Mike has balanced this out very well, and this is definitely beneficial to the game as a whole.

Wow I'm impressed man. You were a pretty big opposer of the changes. Glad to see you stuck around.

Wow I'm impressed man. You were a pretty big opposer of the changes. Glad to see you stuck around.

Tycooon,,, Fuck yeah,, where the counter rules and toss-ers argue,, Tycooon,, Fuck yeahh.......... :smile_anim:

Of course i stuck around mate,, i was just worried things would grind to a halt and seriously underestimated Mike. It actually feels very good to have been wrong in my worries. ;)

When he finishes fixing the counter crap, adds the housing, doctors and private jets, Tycoon will be pretty damn close to perfect. :notworthy:

• Upvote 1

For me, the issue is not so much that de-pops happen, i can easily prevent that. The problem is, it becomes such a chore. I would say about 95% of my game time is now spent scrambling to keep the maintenance going into red.

It might also be that I've just been in this game for too long, but logging in each day becomes harder and harder, to the point I'm seriously contemplating releasing 7 or so of my 11 fighters, so that I can manage the maintenance a bit better.

Wasn't the point of the de-pops change to actually bring some guys down to somewhat ''realistic'' levels? this looks like everyone will roughly stay the same unless you stop training for some stupid fucking reason.

This is sexual compared to the havok of UFC 2010 retard skill maintenance/training,I paid $110 for that heap of shit, i dropped 270+ hours into that game and didn't bitch once :D ( Should Have), and then they nerfed it anyway :/

Why doesn't thq steal some of tycoon mike's ideas and actually make a good game?

In summary

Great changes = Great

• Upvote 1

Wasn't the point of the de-pops change to actually bring some guys down to somewhat ''realistic'' levels? this looks like everyone will roughly stay the same unless you stop training for some stupid fucking reason.

This is sexual compared to the havok of UFC 2010 retard skill maintenance/training,I paid $110 for that heap of shit, i dropped 270+ hours into that game and didn't bitch once :D ( Should Have), and then they nerfed it anyway :/

Why doesn't thq steal some of tycoon mike's ideas and actually make a good game?

In summary

Great changes = Great

It's a little bit of process. Training is slower, it is harder to maintain, it just can't happen overnight. The days of triple/quad sensational primaries should be fewer and fewer- and at a huge cost to everything else to keep it.

• Upvote 2

For me, it's not about being unable to keep from depopping per se (I dont have triple sensational guys). Rather, It's a _lot_ of work for even the remarkable guys. An example, I have a guy who is at a perfect gym for him, except the gym doesn't have an elbows coach. Since I don't want the elbows go to zero, I have to switch him to another gym from time to time. Then, at the time I want to do this, there might not be another gym available that trains elbows, so i have to keep rechecking etc. Then when switching back, training schedules get reset etc. So all in all, it's a lot of tedious work.

As it seems I'm one of the few guys who finds it tedious (most seem to enjoy it), I'm wondering how do you guys make it work for you? Do you just let go some of the skills, or do you find the micomanaging process itself rewarding?