Fedor is the best fighter

jacky67

Remember the Barnett fight falling through a couple of times (I got into MMA towards the end of PRIDE though so I'm always interested in hearing more about the non-fight stuff, however), and I don't hold that against Fedor, but it'd look much better if he fought Barnett and Sergei rather than Hong Man Choi and Mark Hunt.

Yeah definitely. I think he could beat Bigfoot if he didn't keep trying to land the fastball right hand and nothing else, he did drop Werdum early and just got overconfident, I could see him tire out and end Carwin, Struve and Nelson he'd probably truck etc. Everyone remembers the Hendo KO, but that fight was wild and if he had fought smarter I reckon he could've put Hendo away. He came awfully close while fighting like a spastic.

Fedor was figthing who ever PRIDE gave him. If you think he ducked Barnett who lost 3 times to Cro Cop you probably are dumb. Of course Barnett fight would matter more on his record then Hong Man Choi but if we talk about Mark Hunt then you have to look now where is Hunt and where is Barnett or Kharitonov. The same goes for Jon Jones why the fuck he is fighting Vitor and Sonnen? Because UFC tolds him to do it the same as for Fedor who ever they gave him he acceptet only thing is that he didnt join UFC but that not because he was afraid of Couture that just because he was making money with M-1 and you cant blame him about that.

I never said he "ducked" Barnett you dunce.

Where Hunt is now is largely irrelevant. Yes, he did have wins over Cro Cop and Wanderlei at the time, but he was horribly one dimensional at the time.

Hendo is a MW, and his chin is not anything near what it used to be. That said... He still beat Fedor. Werdum has improved leaps and bounds. I think he would beat Fedor just about every time as well. I have been really impressed with how fast he is learning striking. I know to some it looked like he was knocked down, but anyone who has watched more than 1 of Werdum's fights could tell he butt flopped on purpose and tried to make it look like he fell to bait Fedor in. He does the same thing every fight. A punch only needs to be close enough for him to feel the wind and he is on his back 2 seconds later.

I never said he "ducked" Barnett you dunce.

Where Hunt is now is largely irrelevant. Yes, he did have wins over Cro Cop and Wanderlei at the time, but he was horribly one dimensional at the time.

Why is that? If you look back at Fedor redord Hunt now looks better then Kharitonov.

Small digression: I seem to remember Hunt taking Fedor down or at least somehow end up in side control. Did he ragdoll him or did he reverse Fedor? I don't remember.

He reversed a throw, Fedor kept trying to hip toss Hunt (and succeeded 2/3 times) which turned out to be damn difficult to do to a 280+ pound man with a low centre of gravity -- Hunt did, however, ragdoll Overeem to the floor.

Fedor looked so flustered because Bigfoot kept nailing him with a 1-2 standing all day while he kept trying to clobber him iirc, so if he fought a smarter fight standing I think he'd put Bigfoot away more often than not. Other than that I agree with just about everything you said. Werdum could've been a fun fight now that he's improved his striking too.

Fedor just looked fucking gassed in the second round with Bigfoot; he was out of shape and pretty much certainly not training like he used to, and it showed.

We both know PRIDE managed belts differently, besides, belts are largely irrelevant.

Fedor beat Arona quite clearly under the rules of the promotion.

Fedor not fighting 2 guys who never beat quality enough opponents to get the fight (or turned down the fight / pissed hot in the pre fight test) doesn't really hurt his legacy at all, that's like saying Hughes legacy is tarnished because he never fought Parysian or Diaz.

Fedor pretty blatantly stopped giving a shit after the Sylvia fight.

Fact is you can say that about most opponents for Champs. Would it have hurt Hughes legacy if he never fought a 155 BJ Penn? Give GSP a rematch? Just because the fight doesnt seem important doesnt mean they cant win. Hughes got beat in both those cases. Would he be a better man to have ducked them? Hell no! So why give Fedor a pass? Every Champ in the world gets pissed when they have to take a risk against someone less than deserving of fighting them. Yet Fedor jumped at the chance to fight every bum under the sun. But wanted everything under the sun to get him in the right with specific good fighters. If Fedor was as good as people thought or he claims. There would have been no reason for M-1 and Fedor to be so hell bent on control of who they fought. They always got to pick their opponent and ducked any situation that they didnt have that control. It wasnt for fear of being made to fight bums because he made his living on that. So what fights were they scared someone would make?

How convenient he stopped carring right before he started to lose. I guess we can say that about everyone who loses. Pride nutriders always have these excuses. Cro Cop got old in the couple months bewtween winning the Open Weight GP and getting killed by Gonzaga. Shogun is alwyas hurt, Nog is old, Filho went crazy over night. I guess Kang's fighting was all of a sudden effected by his girl friends death. Every fighter has something happen to them. But Pride fans use it for an excuse when their guy loses. Fedor has been slipping for a very long time. Fans ignored it because he still got the W. But he strarted to struggle with people. Something he didnt do when he was in his prime when he become champion. He was running through people like Jon Jones. Then he had a close fight with Cro Cop. Not a big deal. Cop was a tough fight for him. But then he was put in bad spots by Coleman and Randleman which had never happened before. He was bailed out by his opponents lack of skill. By itself not a big deal. But we start to see a pattern. Then he fights Hunt. A guy clueless on the ground who 5 months before was taken down and submitted in 2 minutes by Barnett and never put up a fight. Yet his fight with Fedor he lasts 8 minutes. Has Fedor full mounted and Fedor looks lost most of the fight. It takes mot people 1 minute to submit Hunt at the time and even now if he fights that style. Then he is having some trouble with Matt Lindland a 185 fighter until he grabs the ropes to stop a takedown and changes the momentum of the fight. Then he didnt look very good vs Hong man choi. Got smashed around the ring verses Arlovski and Rogers. It was the Hunt fight where you could see he wasnt the same fighter. But when meaningful match ups are few and far between and you get to pick your fights. You can hide this decline. So he dragged it out 3 more years. Claiming to be the best when he wasnt. when you dont fight the best fight in and fight out like most fighters are used to doing. It is a huge advantage. More so at HW. Anything can happen and it is very hard to press your luck more than a few fights in a row and it not catch up with you. Fedor never pressed his luck. He got to fight a couple cants between each decent fighter while others got top guys over and over. Like Travis Browne vs Silva. Browne was on a winning streak and Silva had been KO'ed 2 times in a row in the first round. Browne was a 2.5-1 favorite and a win giving Silva 3rd KO loss in a row wouldnt have helped him much. But fighting top level dangerous guys rather than Zulu will eventually bit you and it bit Browne right in the ass. It happens to everyone. Unless you fight by different rules and cherry pick your opponents and take circus fights.

Fedor was a great fighter. But he wasnt no more special than any of the other greats we have seen. The difference was he scripted and manged himself into a legacy and a class of his own he didnt deserve. I look at it like how Bob Sapp was created. Yeah he wont some big fights and beat Hoost 2 times and was hugely popular. No one can take that away from him. But there was a ton of manipulation that put him in position to do those things. Anyone who knows the story behind Sapp knows what i mean. There was just as much manipulation behind Fedor saying unbeaten for so many years. First by Pride. Then by Fedor and M-1.

Fact is you can say that about most opponents for Champs. Would it have hurt Hughes legacy if he never fought a 155 BJ Penn? Give GSP a rematch? Just because the fight doesnt seem important doesnt mean they cant win. Hughes got beat in both those cases. Would he be a better man to have ducked them? Hell no! So why give Fedor a pass? Every Champ in the world gets pissed when they have to take a risk against someone less than deserving of fighting them. Yet Fedor jumped at the chance to fight every bum under the sun. But wanted everything under the sun to get him in the right with specific good fighters. If Fedor was as good as people thought or he claims. There would have been no reason for M-1 and Fedor to be so hell bent on control of who they fought. They always got to pick their opponent and ducked any situation that they didnt have that control. It wasnt for fear of being made to fight bums because he made his living on that. So what fights were they scared someone would make?

How convenient he stopped carring right before he started to lose. I guess we can say that about everyone who loses. Pride nutriders always have these excuses. Cro Cop got old in the couple months bewtween winning the Open Weight GP and getting killed by Gonzaga. Shogun is alwyas hurt, Nog is old, Filho went crazy over night. I guess Kang's fighting was all of a sudden effected by his girl friends death. Every fighter has something happen to them. But Pride fans use it for an excuse when their guy loses. Fedor has been slipping for a very long time. Fans ignored it because he still got the W. But he strarted to struggle with people. Something he didnt do when he was in his prime when he become champion. He was running through people like Jon Jones. Then he had a close fight with Cro Cop. Not a big deal. Cop was a tough fight for him. But then he was put in bad spots by Coleman and Randleman which had never happened before. He was bailed out by his opponents lack of skill. By itself not a big deal. But we start to see a pattern. Then he fights Hunt. A guy clueless on the ground who 5 months before was taken down and submitted in 2 minutes by Barnett and never put up a fight. Yet his fight with Fedor he lasts 8 minutes. Has Fedor full mounted and Fedor looks lost most of the fight. It takes mot people 1 minute to submit Hunt at the time and even now if he fights that style. Then he is having some trouble with Matt Lindland a 185 fighter until he grabs the ropes to stop a takedown and changes the momentum of the fight. Then he didnt look very good vs Hong man choi. Got smashed around the ring verses Arlovski and Rogers. It was the Hunt fight where you could see he wasnt the same fighter. But when meaningful match ups are few and far between and you get to pick your fights. You can hide this decline. So he dragged it out 3 more years. Claiming to be the best when he wasnt. when you dont fight the best fight in and fight out like most fighters are used to doing. It is a huge advantage. More so at HW. Anything can happen and it is very hard to press your luck more than a few fights in a row and it not catch up with you. Fedor never pressed his luck. He got to fight a couple cants between each decent fighter while others got top guys over and over. Like Travis Browne vs Silva. Browne was on a winning streak and Silva had been KO'ed 2 times in a row in the first round. Browne was a 2.5-1 favorite and a win giving Silva 3rd KO loss in a row wouldnt have helped him much. But fighting top level dangerous guys rather than Zulu will eventually bit you and it bit Browne right in the ass. It happens to everyone. Unless you fight by different rules and cherry pick your opponents and take circus fights.

Fedor was a great fighter. But he wasnt no more special than any of the other greats we have seen. The difference was he scripted and manged himself into a legacy and a class of his own he didnt deserve. I look at it like how Bob Sapp was created. Yeah he wont some big fights and beat Hoost 2 times and was hugely popular. No one can take that away from him. But there was a ton of manipulation that put him in position to do those things. Anyone who knows the story behind Sapp knows what i mean. There was just as much manipulation behind Fedor saying unbeaten for so many years. First by Pride. Then by Fedor and M-1.

Why is that match with Barnett more important then with Hunt? If he would won Barnett but never fought Hunt you would say the same shit here. Fedor was fighting who ever they gave him the same as Jon Jones or who ever is in organisation. He was fighting best HW at the time except Couture. Barnett lost 3 times to Cro Cop he didnt even deserve to fight Fedor but when he hada chance he ducked and thats not Fedors foult. Sure he had some weird match ups but they are the same as now in UFC like for example why the fuck GSP just now got fight with Diaz? Why did Jons was fighting Sonne? Just to make ratings and the same was for Fedor and that doesnt hurt his legacy at all he was best for 10 years period. Talking is he now the best p4p all time fighter I dont know I would probably put in that spot Anderson but Fedor would be in top 3 for sure at this point.

And M-1 is owned by Fedor and he did amazing job that he didnt sign with UFC. I am from Latvia and I follow a little Russian news and Fedor is the man there is was elected for some kinda sport guy there also M-1 is running great in Russia the guys are making money and I am fine with it they did what they had to do.

Look up at Fedors record its not like he was going down in one day all his last fights before he eventually lost wanst that good. He was dominated by Arlovski and got lucky puch same with the fight with Rogers where he also got lucky punch he was done there and he should ritere after that fight. Of course he is a fighter not a internet writer like you and like many others and I have to say almost all fighters he just cant stop when he needs to. I dont know the reasons is it a pride or is it money but guys just dont stop when they need to. This has happened to all great fighters boxing mma or what ever.

And why you only talk about the guys who have had bad run when they joined UFC after PRIDE? What about Anderson? What about Rampage? What about Henderson? Even the 39 year old Hunt is on 4 fight winning streak.

Why is that match with Barnett more important then with Hunt? If he would won Barnett but never fought Hunt you would say the same shit here. Fedor was fighting who ever they gave him the same as Jon Jones or who ever is in organisation. He was fighting best HW at the time except Couture. Barnett lost 3 times to Cro Cop he didnt even deserve to fight Fedor but when he hada chance he ducked and thats not Fedors foult. Sure he had some weird match ups but they are the same as now in UFC like for example why the fuck GSP just now got fight with Diaz? Why did Jons was fighting Sonne? Just to make ratings and the same was for Fedor and that doesnt hurt his legacy at all he was best for 10 years period. Talking is he now the best p4p all time fighter I dont know I would probably put in that spot Anderson but Fedor would be in top 3 for sure at this point.

And M-1 is owned by Fedor and he did amazing job that he didnt sign with UFC. I am from Latvia and I follow a little Russian news and Fedor is the man there is was elected for some kinda sport guy there also M-1 is running great in Russia the guys are making money and I am fine with it they did what they had to do.

Look up at Fedors record its not like he was going down in one day all his last fights before he eventually lost wanst that good. He was dominated by Arlovski and got lucky puch same with the fight with Rogers where he also got lucky punch he was done there and he should ritere after that fight. Of course he is a fighter not a internet writer like you and like many others and I have to say almost all fighters he just cant stop when he needs to. I dont know the reasons is it a pride or is it money but guys just dont stop when they need to. This has happened to all great fighters boxing mma or what ever.

And why you only talk about the guys who have had bad run when they joined UFC after PRIDE? What about Anderson? What about Rampage? What about Henderson? Even the 39 year old Hunt is on 4 fight winning streak.

Fedor always controlled who he fought unlike guys In the UFC. Fedor fought Zulu unlike guys in the UFC. It doesn't matter who Barnett lost against. Just because he cant beat Cro Cop doesn't mean he cant beat Fedor. Cro Cop lost to Nog. Why does Cro Cop get a shot? Penn lost to Pulver. Why does he deserve a shot at Hughes? That's ignorant logic. This is the fight game. You fight to be the best. Not look for excuses why not to fight someone. fedor should have been wanting to fight Werdum, Sergei, and Barnett among others. Not looking for reasons to skip them and fight Zulu or Coleman for the 500th time. One thing we know about Pride is you never had to deserve a fight. So stop bring that shit up when it had nothing to do with why the match didn't happen. Hendo is 4-3 after Pride shut down. Rampage is 7-5. Anderson Silva is not a Pride fighter. He didn't have many fights there and didn't make a name for himself there. If you want to count him just because he started there. Then the UFC gets Hendo, Saku, Wandy, Coleman, Randleman, Bustamante, etc You don't want to go there. I think it is telling Pride nut jockeys want to claim Anderson Silva. It shows how desperate they are to get a credible fighter because all the real Pride fighters were shit. The only good Pride fighter is one who left before the shit competition ruined him. HAHAHA!

Fakor was never great only the dummies who dont know shit about fighting call this duce bag great. Fakor fakest was built by beating bums, over the hill fighters, has beens, trash bin, and gets beat by mid level fighters. If that what you call great then you prove my point. Why didn't he go into the ufc and fight top fighters in their prime oh wait. He didn't because he would have get his ass beat everytime. I never believe the hype around him. Fakor a joke, his name a joke, his fake fakest is a joke. I know its a bitter pill to swallow but its the truth. Shit might as well say jacky 67and stp is the greatest of all time then. He fits the description of a fakor career.

Fakor was never great only the dummies who dont know shit about fighting call this duce bag great. Fakor fakest was built by beating bums, over the hill fighters, has beens, trash bin, and gets beat by mid level fighters. If that what you call great then you prove my point. Why didn't he go into the ufc and fight top fighters in their prime oh wait. He didn't because he would have get his ass beat everytime. I never believe the hype around him. Fakor a joke, his name a joke, his fake fakest is a joke. I know its a bitter pill to swallow but its the truth. Shit might as well say jacky 67and stp is the greatest of all time then. He fits the description of a fakor career.

That was almost bad enough to make me switch and take Fedor's side.

Here's my 2 cents... Fedor is simply definitely not the best of all time.

You hit the nail on the head. Fakor was never. To be consider great to need to beat guys who were at the top of their game and are really good. Not some made up bum or hasbeen Fakor fought. So the end result is fakor not great much less good.

Bas rutten would have mauled fakor easly without busting a sweat. Bas is a great fighter who fought tough guys and beat them. Fakor dont even come close to bas.

You hit the nail on the head. Fakor was never. To be consider great to need to beat guys who were at the top of their game and are really good. Not some made up bum or hasbeen Fakor fought. So the end result is fakor not great much less good.

brock got title shot for beating heath herring at the end of herring's career. fedor got it for smashing herring in the best years or herrings career. you are an idiot who knows nothing about mma.

i tried to respond to brainsmasher, but i couldnt make sense of his idiotic rambling. i also noticed he dodged my response to him, so i assume he's conceding defeat and admitting he has no points to argue against me. good choice.

brock got title shot for beating heath herring at the end of herring's career. fedor got it for smashing herring in the best years or herrings career. you are an idiot who knows nothing about mma.

i tried to respond to brainsmasher, but i couldnt make sense of his idiotic rambling. i also noticed he dodged my response to him, so i assume he's conceding defeat and admitting he has no points to argue against me. good choice.

What are you talking about? Do you really want me to take a pic of the Pride Tapes? You wouldn't believe they are real anyway. Even though there is dozens of them. I don't think I have a VCR to play them. I will check if you want to be owned that bad.

you sure are dumb. the name Fman speaks for itself. I wont be responding to anymore of your dumb comment for you are clueless of fighting sports. because fedor beat herring means what. nothing dummy. nog mad herring tap in his best days so shut the hell up and go throw yourself in Fakor shadows and stay there and talk to yoursellf cause its waste of air talking to someone like you. your 5 mins of fame is up with me. later.

• Downvote 2

Fedor always controlled who he fought unlike guys In the UFC. Fedor fought Zulu unlike guys in the UFC. It doesn't matter who Barnett lost against. Just because he cant beat Cro Cop doesn't mean he cant beat Fedor. Cro Cop lost to Nog. Why does Cro Cop get a shot? Penn lost to Pulver. Why does he deserve a shot at Hughes? That's ignorant logic. This is the fight game. You fight to be the best. Not look for excuses why not to fight someone. fedor should have been wanting to fight Werdum, Sergei, and Barnett among others. Not looking for reasons to skip them and fight Zulu or Coleman for the 500th time. One thing we know about Pride is you never had to deserve a fight. So stop bring that shit up when it had nothing to do with why the match didn't happen. Hendo is 4-3 after Pride shut down. Rampage is 7-5. Anderson Silva is not a Pride fighter. He didn't have many fights there and didn't make a name for himself there. If you want to count him just because he started there. Then the UFC gets Hendo, Saku, Wandy, Coleman, Randleman, Bustamante, etc You don't want to go there. I think it is telling Pride nut jockeys want to claim Anderson Silva. It shows how desperate they are to get a credible fighter because all the real Pride fighters were shit. The only good Pride fighter is one who left before the shit competition ruined him. HAHAHA!

Zulu was offered him by PRIDE and it was freak show of course just because Zulu was big of course his record at that point also was 5-0 but that doest matter much it was the same freak shows as Jons with Sonnen. Of course Barnett can win Fedor but he to think that Fedor was scared to fight him when he lost 3 times to Cro Cop and Fedor dominated him is just stupid. Also Barnett was scheduled to fight Fedor 2 times. First time he ducked second time he failed drug test. Cro Cop got tittle shot because he was domintating there look at this record he was 16-2 and on like 6 fight winning streak on top fighters.

Anderson started in PRIDE and was dominated there he was like 3-2 there. Rampage was much better in UFC then in PRIDE. Henderson of course is now 42 years old but still keeping it hard in UFC. Its funny have you compare fighters in PRIDE and after when they are in UFC and are old becase of course no one can keep up figthing and winning best competition if they are 42 year old.

PRIDE fighters where not shit Nog actually joined UFC and got belt if you remeber it. And like I said its stupid to compare them when they all are old. Then you better say me those UFC fighters who where on top of the game at that point when the PRIDE was rolling hard and you will see that all they are bad now or retired. You compare young UFC talants with old PRIDE fighters ;). PRIDE had starts like Wanderlei, Anderson, Nog, Cro Cop, Rampage, Henderson, Fedor and what did UFC had? Couture, Chuck, Ortiz, Huge? And now look where are PRIDE fighters and where are UFC ;).

personally during pride the best heavyweights were there, that's when fedor made his name, when pride folded fedor was on the downslope of his career and wanted to keep his record intact and fought for money and to keep his aura, even then he was still awesome, but yes he could have made it over to the ufc to legitimise his claim but ill guess we'll never know

personally during pride the best heavyweights were there, that's when fedor made his name, when pride folded fedor was on the downslope of his career and wanted to keep his record intact and fought for money and to keep his aura, even then he was still awesome, but yes he could have made it over to the ufc to legitimise his claim but ill guess we'll never know

He would easly won that UFC tittle. Look back what happened Nog won it why would Fedor not won from Tim Sylvian? And after that he would also win Brock. But of course now he would not win Cain and JDS but still it would be better to have that UFC belt and loose to them then no belt and loose to Werdum because you are out of your prime. But on other hand me made tons of cash so it was up to him and he was going for the money and you cant blame him.

you sure are dumb. the name Fman speaks for itself. I wont be responding to anymore of your dumb comment for you are clueless of fighting sports. because fedor beat herring means what. nothing dummy. nog mad herring tap in his best days so shut the hell up and go throw yourself in Fakor shadows and stay there and talk to yoursellf cause its waste of air talking to someone like you. your 5 mins of fame is up with me. later.

cool story bro.

nog did make herring tap...nog was/is awesome. has anyone maintained a spot in the top 10 as long as nog? hes probably been in the top 10 for over 10 years now. this is the guy that fedor beat with relative ease. i dont think you were watching mma when fedor was actively fighting. i dont think you watch mma now, and if you do...you definitely dont understand it very well. you need to focus on watching more mma, and focus less on cheating in mmatycoon.

Bas rutten would have mauled fakor easly without busting a sweat. Bas is a great fighter who fought tough guys and beat them. Fakor dont even come close to bas.

you a clown

Zulu was offered him by PRIDE and it was freak show of course just because Zulu was big of course his record at that point also was 5-0 but that doest matter much it was the same freak shows as Jons with Sonnen. Of course Barnett can win Fedor but he to think that Fedor was scared to fight him when he lost 3 times to Cro Cop and Fedor dominated him is just stupid. Also Barnett was scheduled to fight Fedor 2 times. First time he ducked second time he failed drug test. Cro Cop got tittle shot because he was domintating there look at this record he was 16-2 and on like 6 fight winning streak on top fighters.

Anderson started in PRIDE and was dominated there he was like 3-2 there. Rampage was much better in UFC then in PRIDE. Henderson of course is now 42 years old but still keeping it hard in UFC. Its funny have you compare fighters in PRIDE and after when they are in UFC and are old becase of course no one can keep up figthing and winning best competition if they are 42 year old.

PRIDE fighters where not shit Nog actually joined UFC and got belt if you remeber it. And like I said its stupid to compare them when they all are old. Then you better say me those UFC fighters who where on top of the game at that point when the PRIDE was rolling hard and you will see that all they are bad now or retired. You compare young UFC talants with old PRIDE fighters ;). PRIDE had starts like Wanderlei, Anderson, Nog, Cro Cop, Rampage, Henderson, Fedor and what did UFC had? Couture, Chuck, Ortiz, Huge? And now look where are PRIDE fighters and where are UFC ;).

THe guys were old when they were in Pride too. Just because the UFC had the fighters to expose them doesn't mean that was when they turned old. They had been old. But when you recycle the same old fighters for 10 years and new prospects are never brought in. It becomes much easier for old has beens to keep beating the same guys. Look what Sudokuju did to Prides best guys. Look at what Ricco did to Nog. Look what McGee did to Herring. There were Prides best getting beat by fighters from outside their 10 year old bubble. Pride fighters looked like Crap when someone went to Pride to fight them just as they did when they left Pride. Yes Nog won the belt in the UFC. But look how it happened. You cant just look at the belt and be clueless. Chael has a belt too. But its how you get it that makes it important. Nog got to fight Herring, a Pride fighter, for the 3rd time and almost got beat. Tim Sylvia who was in the midst of losing 4 of 5 fights and washed up at that point. Then he got a 45 year old Couture who he only beat because Coutures chin. Randy out boxed him and was beating him until he kept getting dropped because he is old. Nog was given the belt just as Rampage was because the UFC wanted to get something out of the 65 million they paid for Pride.

He would easly won that UFC tittle. Look back what happened Nog won it why would Fedor not won from Tim Sylvian? And after that he would also win Brock. But of course now he would not win Cain and JDS but still it would be better to have that UFC belt and loose to them then no belt and loose to Werdum because you are out of your prime. But on other hand me made tons of cash so it was up to him and he was going for the money and you cant blame him.

It comes down to match ups. In case you haven't noticed. What if Nog had to fight Mir before getting a title shot? Also fighting Arlovski and Sylvia after they lost their confidence by being cut by the UFC is a lot different than fighting them in the UFC and confident. Confidence is very important to fighters. That's why champs seem to get stronger during their title runs and why people leave the UFC and fall to pieces and get killed in small shows. Also why people seem to go on losing streaks after getting a single loss. For all we know Mir would have raped Nog and Fedor. Maybe Barnett rapes Fedor and then someone beats Barnett. To say Fedor would be champ is ignorant. That's exactly what people said when Herring come to the UFC. He would be Champ. Didn't Happen. Then everyone went nuts when the UFC signed Cro Cop and claimed he would be Champ and thought he would kill everyone in the UFC. Didn't happen! All the UFC wanted from Fedor was a 3 fight deal. If Fedor knew he would beat everyone he would have done it. He wanted 1 fight verses the opponent he choose. That is the definition of Cherry picking!

cool story bro.

nog did make herring tap...nog was/is awesome. has anyone maintained a spot in the top 10 as long as nog? hes probably been in the top 10 for over 10 years now. this is the guy that fedor beat with relative ease. i dont think you were watching mma when fedor was actively fighting. i dont think you watch mma now, and if you do...you definitely dont understand it very well. you need to focus on watching more mma, and focus less on cheating in mmatycoon.

The guy hasn't been a top 10 fighter for a very long time. Being valuable and getting fights to be ranked by the clueless media doesn't mean he is a top 10 fighter. You are not top 10 if 15 of the top 30 would beat you.

THe guys were old when they were in Pride too. Just because the UFC had the fighters to expose them doesn't mean that was when they turned old. They had been old. But when you recycle the same old fighters for 10 years and new prospects are never brought in. It becomes much easier for old has beens to keep beating the same guys. Look what Sudokuju did to Prides best guys. Look at what Ricco did to Nog. Look what McGee did to Herring. There were Prides best getting beat by fighters from outside their 10 year old bubble. Pride fighters looked like Crap when someone went to Pride to fight them just as they did when they left Pride. Yes Nog won the belt in the UFC. But look how it happened. You cant just look at the belt and be clueless. Chael has a belt too. But its how you get it that makes it important. Nog got to fight Herring, a Pride fighter, for the 3rd time and almost got beat. Tim Sylvia who was in the midst of losing 4 of 5 fights and washed up at that point. Then he got a 45 year old Couture who he only beat because Coutures chin. Randy out boxed him and was beating him until he kept getting dropped because he is old. Nog was given the belt just as Rampage was because the UFC wanted to get something out of the 65 million they paid for Pride.

Compare old UFC fighers and old PRIDE hw fighers I can give youa list of them who are still fighting on HIGH level. Here they are. And you decide where was better competition at the time.

PRIDE: Werdum,Overeem, Nogueira, Hunt, Barnett.

UFC: Mir, Gonzaga.

You are sayint that about ever organization that new prospects are not getting in. The same you said about UFC that they dont let in new guys and give Hunt easy fights where on the other hand Hunt is getting those new guys and beating them up easy. And what did Rico do to Nog? He lost to him the same as Tim Slyvia where Nog got the UFC hw belt ;). Chael doest have a belt dont dont be stupid please and Rampage got the belt because he KOd Chuck TWICE!