Fedor is the best fighter

jacky67

Omg arona = brazil .

I don't think japanese fixed fight more than what we see actually in usa ,maybe they did it more straight .

That is stupid. There is no reason to fix fights in the US. In Japan people wanted Pro Wrestling that is why Pride always had pro wrestlers fighting and why the fighters started wrestling. The japanese werent going to watch a bunch of people fight just to be fighting. They needed the right people in meaningful fights. Takada needs some "honor" after losing to Rickson to keep fans buying tickets so have calls up Coleman who has no job and tells him to take a dive and he will sign him to Pride. Now Takada can draw fans for many more fights. Sakaraba was losing and about to lose credibility in the eyes of the fans. He needed a win to keep Pride floating until they found another Japanese superstar. In comes Randleman shortly removed from a car accident to take one for the team. Saku is back on top of the world again. The fans didnt care about works. They wasnt there to see a sport like MMA fans are today. They were there to see a show. They wanted to see Mongolian chops and Antics from Saku, Circus fights, Judo vs BJJ vs Wrestling, Amazing pre fight ceremonies. An actual fight was the last thing people come to see.

• Downvote 1

That is stupid. There is no reason to fix fights in the US. In Japan people wanted Pro Wrestling that is why Pride always had pro wrestlers fighting and why the fighters started wrestling. The japanese werent going to watch a bunch of people fight just to be fighting. They needed the right people in meaningful fights. Takada needs some "honor" after losing to Rickson to keep fans buying tickets so have calls up Coleman who has no job and tells him to take a dive and he will sign him to Pride. Now Takada can draw fans for many more fights. Sakaraba was losing and about to lose credibility in the eyes of the fans. He needed a win to keep Pride floating until they found another Japanese superstar. In comes Randleman shortly removed from a car accident to take one for the team. Saku is back on top of the world again. The fans didnt care about works. They wasnt there to see a sport like MMA fans are today. They were there to see a show. They wanted to see Mongolian chops and Antics from Saku, Circus fights, Judo vs BJJ vs Wrestling, Amazing pre fight ceremonies. An actual fight was the last thing people come to see.

This is actually correct, as in totally correct, about the Japanese culture at the time. I know many people, both Japanese native and people that lived and trained there, that have all said that people didn't watch Pride for the MMA they watched it to be entertained

I wasn't even trying to argue about Fedor here. Jacky seems to have this romanticized version of what Japanese MMA was, and no matter what debate point you use on him he completely makes up something unrelated to the conversation at hand and tries to argue it instead as if the argument came from you. Like we aren't even having the same conversation. As for me not seeing PRIDE... I was living in Japan when PRIDE came out. Jacky can rest assured that I was very much aware of PRIDE unlike him.

Your manager name is Kojiro Sasaki and you're a marine. Frankly, if anyone knows Japan, it's the military guy who named himself after an obscure as fuck swordmaster.

To check out how Japanese MMA as a whole was handled, it's easiest to just look at companies like All Japan Pro Wrestling, anything Antonio Inoki involved himself with, and RINGS. Largely the same kind of shit behind the scenes. Most Japanese shootfighting legends had no small success as pro wrestlers and they largely drew the same fans.

This is absolutely correct. That's just how Japan is.

Your manager name is Kojiro Sasaki and you're a marine. Frankly, if anyone knows Japan, it's the military guy who named himself after an obscure as fuck swordmaster.

To check out how Japanese MMA as a whole was handled, it's easiest to just look at companies like All Japan Pro Wrestling, anything Antonio Inoki involved himself with, and RINGS. Largely the same kind of shit behind the scenes. Most Japanese shootfighting legends had no small success as pro wrestlers and they largely drew the same fans.

Lol, so true. I am going to try harder to ignore him. Jacky just has a way of getting under my skin sometimes. I remember a time I couldn't turn on a TV without seeing Bob Sapp's goofy face on the screen. They really promoted that stuff hard core.

This is absolutely correct. That's just how Japan is.

To be honest it is what i liked about Pride. You got to see things you would normally never see because it wasnt being taken serious as a sport. But at the same time it is unfair to compare the careers built there to anyone else in the MMA world.

• Downvote 2

Yep. Not saying it's a bad thing. Japan's always going to be a huge spectacle, albeit an entertaining one. Not gonna complain about Aoki getting knocked the hell out by a kickboxer in a dress.

1. Just more proof you haven't been watching MMA long enough to remember. One word. Yakuza. They have it. We don't.

2. I know I have explained this at least 20 times to you including in the post you just quoted. They had no interest in Fedor vs Arona. Quit quoting their records, because it doesn't mean a damn thing. Are you really that stupid? I have said this many times which you have quoted repeatedly. What they did have interest was giving Kosaka the easiest path they could to the championship. Fedor got a cut against Arona, so they decided they could use that. That was the only reason they had any interest at all in Fedor winning. Nothing to do with his record which you keep repeating over and over like a broken record. The only reason they gave a flying crap was because Fedor had a small open cut and nothing more. The 1st time Kosaka hit Fedor in the face (which happened to be an illegal elbow) they called the fight due to doctor stoppage. It wasn't even bleeding. Had Fedor gotten a sub or KO their hands would have been tied, because they didn't pay the fighters. They paid the refs.

3. They did. Fedor wasn't even really bleeding when they stopped the fight. Fixing a fight is a hell of a lot easier when you have a legit looking excuse such as a cut or a fighter willing to make it look legit. Refs can fix fights, but not when the fight is a complete rapage. Even with Couture, he destroyed Yanagisawa and that still managed to be a split decision. It was a complete 1-sided beating. It raises great suspicion for that fight. Had a second judge taken the chance they would have lost all credibility.

4. He was already cut before the Kosaka fight ever started. Only a moron would not know it is going to get hit at least once. It wasn't even bleeding when they stopped the fight.

You should tried to read instead of saying ur stupid shit .

0/I did watch pride ,not like i follow mma actually but i did see some fights .

1/Zuffa buy pride ,zuffa = mafia .

And that's what i told they advantage the japanese guy ,but it's the same actually in usa except it's less straight .

And last point FEDOR IS RUSSIAN RETARD SO I DONT SEE WHY THEY SHOULD ADVANTAGE HIM VS A 3-0 GUY.

WATCH THE FIGHT RETARD FEDOR WON ,HE DOMINATE ARONA STAND UP AND HIT HIM MORE ON THE GROUND .

2/fedor had a cut during the arona fight retard , so how could they planned this during only 15 mn .

3/The cut was nasty period , anyway it would have make an other win for Fedor .

4/it was bleeding idiot, or why the kleenex would be red ?

WATCH THE FIGHT please lol FEDOR WON ,HE DOMINATE ARONA STAND UP AND HIT HIM MORE ON THE GROUND ,rings didn't score position like ufc make it actually to have a poor excuse to choose the winner (americans ) (he landed a takedown he won the round )

• Downvote 2

Again, your ignorance is showing. The Japanese fixed fights left and right pro-wrestling style often with their pro-wrestlers. The one time you and I discussed Arona was when a fight was fixed against him. Not for him. So, why would his nationality matter? On top of that, sometimes fights are fixed not because of any specific interest in that fight but what potential matchups might result from a win or a loss. Sometimes they payed fighters to lose like they did with Coleman. Sometimes they paid fighters to fight in a way that put them at a disadvantage like asking a wrestler to stand and bang for their bonus. Other times, they just asked the judges to call the fight in favor of the guy they want to win as long as it wasn't such a blowout that a bad call would cause a riot. In other words, the fighters weren't always in on it. But, only in Japan can a guy you are calling the greatest fighter of all time fight most his fights against washed up pro-wrestlers and guys with new or losing records while almost never having to face anyone in the top 10.

I see the same with zuffa actually .

And at that time UFC HW was more than shit , don't forget fedor beat 5 ufc champ .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You do realize you have more posts than i do right? My business allows me to be on the computer all day. Not everyone shovels fries for pot money. You can find fighters who say anything. I can post pickems from Sherdog where fighters dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. Most fighters hire non fighters to create game plans for them because they are unable to break fights down. Just because you choose to worship them doesnt mean i have to respect their opinion. I can name just as many fighters who think Silva or GSP are the best fighters ever. And when you mention Bas Rutten, you mean the guy who proclaimed "No one can beat Noguira" after he beat Bob fucking Sapp of all people? The guy who worked for Pride? The guy who jerks off to Mirko? Of course he thinks Fedor is the best. Apparently Werdum was the best fighter in Pride all those years.

You just don't get it.

not like i follow mma actually but i did see some fights .

That was all you had to say. This much is moronically clear.

I see the same with zuffa actually .

And at that time UFC HW was more than shit , don't forget fedor beat 5 ufc champ .

As BrainSmasher already explained, they were no longer in the UFC for a reason. Sylvia turned into a fat piece of crap, Arlovski had his chin exposed to be more fragile than fine china, ect...

That was all you had to say. This much is moronically clear.

It's still clear you never watched Fedor vs Arona because Fedor won clearly period .

About ufc i find it funny ufc slogan is "don't let it in the judges hand" ,at least in pride it was clear it was their own judges and referee .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's still clear you never watched Fedor vs Arona because Fedor won clearly period .

About ufc i find it funny ufc slogan is "don't let it in the judges hand" ,at least in pride it was clear it was their own judges and referee .

I posted the Fedor vs Arona video in one of your stupid threads. Who never watched it? As for the second part... Are you on drugs? Since when is telling a fighter not to trust a 3rd party to decide the winner a corrupt practice? Dana wants idiots like Cecil Peoples out of the decision making process as much as possible.

Bah, getting sucked into your black hole of ignorance all over again. Is there an ignore function on this forum?

It's still clear you never watched Fedor vs Arona because Fedor won clearly period

Jacky seriously, get off the Fedor Arona fight and get that the yakuza ran pride and EVERYONE knew it was fixed, rigged and set up for entertainment purposes. The Japanese knew it, the Americans knew it, the Europeans knew it, fuck even the Martians knew it.... now its time you knew it too

• Upvote 1

Jacky seriously, get off the Fedor Arona fight and get that the yakuza ran pride and EVERYONE knew it was fixed, rigged and set up for entertainment purposes. The Japanese knew it, the Americans knew it, the Europeans knew it, fuck even the Martians knew it.... now its time you knew it too

He already admitted he didn't follow MMA. There is no point arguing him.

Since when is telling a fighter not to trust a 3rd party to decide the winner a corrupt practice? Dana wants idiots like Cecil Peoples out of the decision making process as much as possible.

Don't you find it's weird this Cecil judge , i mean my sister could judge fight better than him and she never watched mma.

some guy get knock down 4 times in a round and they still give 30-27 or 50-45 scores just to look like they are retarded ,and then when it's time to screw someone they use it as a poor excuse "don't let him in the judges hand because the fight is fixed " .

, all these "bad" judges are just a poor excuses to allow them to fixed the fight they want .

Like Sonnen said in ufc they fixed matchmaking too , as a proof John fitch ,the guy wait since age his title shot but no one like him so he won't get it .

I never told they don't advantage the japanese guy , what i told is

1)they don't advantage japanese guy more than ufc advantage americans .

2)Fedor won clearly vs Arona .

3)Fedor fight the best he could at his time .

I never told they don't advantage the japanese guy , what i told is

1)they don't advantage japanese guy more than ufc advantage americans .

2)Fedor won clearly vs Arona .

3)Fedor fight the best he could at his time .

Fixed. Fights.

I could have been the best in Pride too ya know, if I sold my niece to the Yakuza or something. :training2:

Mike Tyson is well known to be one the best boxer in boxing history ,and he get some bad loss at the end of his career .

But he still is one the best boxer in boxing history .

Why u mad ?

If it's not fedor just told me who is the best in mma history:) .

Mike Tyson isn't even close being number one in boxing history. Not even in heavyweight

Fedor is a good MMA fighter and definitely one of the best but not THE best. Every great fighter has losses but Fedor needs to prove that he can come back from these devastating losses from good fighters. The nand only then, will Fedor prove his worth as the best. He does need to earn a UFC title to make that happen because the UFC is the biggest and the baddest fight organization out there right now. If you aren't on top of the most current big and badass list, you aren't the biggest and the most badass. Jacky, before you start trolling, I believe Fedor is a great fighter but the sad part is that his last four losses will over-shadow his past victories. You're only as good as your last fight. I saw the camera angles and Herb Dean did a fine job on the stoppage because Fedor was out, as much as I hate to say that.

You might well be right about me but u have to admit he did inctedibly good considering how damn fat he is...