Fedor is the best fighter

jacky67

It comes down to match ups. In case you haven't noticed. What if Nog had to fight Mir before getting a title shot? Also fighting Arlovski and Sylvia after they lost their confidence by being cut by the UFC is a lot different than fighting them in the UFC and confident. Confidence is very important to fighters. That's why champs seem to get stronger during their title runs and why people leave the UFC and fall to pieces and get killed in small shows. Also why people seem to go on losing streaks after getting a single loss. For all we know Mir would have raped Nog and Fedor. Maybe Barnett rapes Fedor and then someone beats Barnett. To say Fedor would be champ is ignorant. That's exactly what people said when Herring come to the UFC. He would be Champ. Didn't Happen. Then everyone went nuts when the UFC signed Cro Cop and claimed he would be Champ and thought he would kill everyone in the UFC. Didn't happen! All the UFC wanted from Fedor was a 3 fight deal. If Fedor knew he would beat everyone he would have done it. He wanted 1 fight verses the opponent he choose. That is the definition of Cherry picking!

And what If he had to fight Mir? Didnt you saw their last fight? Nog was not far from winning that fight but even if he would won that belt from Mir you would sit here and say what would happen if he would have to face Slyvia thats just irrelevant what you say there. He won the tittle holder and was the champion and there is no what in there. Why saying that Fedor would be champions is ignorant? Like I said champion at that point was Sylvia and If you think Fedor cant win him (he actually KOd him pretty fast) then your just stupid. Its little different for Herring its little different because he lost to Fedor, Nog and Cro Cop so there is now why that if he comes to UFC with all these guys he will be champion there. 3 fight contract works a little different if Fedor is actually a champion. If he knew he cant win these guys he would just go for the money loose and go home but he knew he can make his own fight show and win previouse UFC champions there and make much more money and that is what he did.

Selective memory. The first fight was closer to when he come to the UFC. Mir kicked his ass 8 ways from Sunday. Move that fight up 2 fights and Nog never gets a taste of the belt.

Selective memory. The first fight was closer to when he come to the UFC. Mir kicked his ass 8 ways from Sunday. Move that fight up 2 fights and Nog never gets a taste of the belt.

Bad reading not selective memoery :D I said their last fight ;). And do you really think that if Fedor would join UFC at that time he would not win Sylvia?

The guy hasn't been a top 10 fighter for a very long time. Being valuable and getting fights to be ranked by the clueless media doesn't mean he is a top 10 fighter. You are not top 10 if 15 of the top 30 would beat you.

clueless compared to who? you? the idiot who gets all his info from fightfinder.

yes of course.

and at no point was couture beating nog in that fight. you truly are clueless.

Compare old UFC fighers and old PRIDE hw fighers I can give youa list of them who are still fighting on HIGH level. Here they are. And you decide where was better competition at the time.

PRIDE: Werdum,Overeem, Nogueira, Hunt, Barnett.

UFC: Mir, Gonzaga.

You are sayint that about ever organization that new prospects are not getting in. The same you said about UFC that they dont let in new guys and give Hunt easy fights where on the other hand Hunt is getting those new guys and beating them up easy. And what did Rico do to Nog? He lost to him the same as Tim Slyvia where Nog got the UFC hw belt ;). Chael doest have a belt dont dont be stupid please and Rampage got the belt because he KOd Chuck TWICE!

Just noticed that

PRIDE: Werdum,Overeem, Nogueira, Hunt, Barnett.

UFC: Mir, Gonzaga.

These 4 are on top 10 og official HW ratings.

Gonzaga would have beat Fedor and he still would today. Glass jaw and all!

Gonzaga would loose of course to gim just like Erik said he would gass and I dont think he would land that lucky kick twice in his carrer. But thats also irrelevants because at that point he wasnt a champ Fedor would have to fight Sylvia same as Nog did and if you really think he could not win him your stupid :)

• Upvote 1

I tend to be one who thinks Fedor was overrated, and he clearly cherry picked fights and in at least one case was given a win he didn't earn. But, he would smash Gonzaga.

He should have been smashed by Cro Cop too. It would depend if he got off first. He has tons of power. But he has one of the worst chins I have seen in a long time. I have seen people do out with less like Arlovski. But there is times Arlovski takes some shots. Gonzaga never takes a good shot. When he gets him. You know he is done. Gonzaga is dangerous and it is exactly the type of fight Fedor avoids. Gonzaga is much like Big foot Silva. Not a good chin but is a nightmare for Fedor in every other way. Fedor doesn't have the size like the guys who have been smashing Gonzaga. I think Gabe would knock him out.

I tend to be one who thinks Fedor was overrated, and he clearly cherry picked fights and in at least one case was given a win he didn't earn. But, he would smash Gonzaga.

What fights did he avoid exactly?

Couture signed back on with the UFC (before the Sylvia fight) instead of fighting Fedor, Barnett turned the fight down (and then pissed hot the second time).

Those are the only 2 remotely important fighters of his generation that he never fought (and he beat guys with clear wins over both of them).

Yes, Fedor fought some gimmicky fights like HMC (for which he apparently got a 7 figure pay check -- a damn sight more than anyone in the UFC was getting), but every fighter has pointless fights on their resume -- Anderson has equally gimmicky competition fights like Thales Leites, Patrick Cote, and Stefan Bonnar -- at least when the Japanese set up pointless fights they try and make it interesting.

you a clown

You and f man have one thing in common. You don't know nothing about ufc. You talk like you know something but truth betold you are as clueless about this. Fakor made his name ny beating bums and that is a fact.fakor got beat up guys who got beat up and cut ny the ufc. The fact is that fraud never came to the ufc is becase he would get beat up and everybody would have seen he is a fraud just like you and f man. So shut up and go crawl in a hole and play with fakor. Nobody cares anout your shitty View. Be gone scum. Fakor the fakest of them all got got choked out by a guy jds knocked out silly without breaking a sweat. Got knocked out by and awesome old guy. Got pounded in the ground till he quit by a guy cain mauled easily and blooded him up. That fakor is great wothout fighting any top guys. Unheard of if you ask me but you too dumb to sew the facts so go talk to someone who is as dumb and clueless and I wont be responding to anymore of your dumb ass comments. You got your 15 mins of fame, now off with you. You are the weaskest link goodbye.

• Downvote 3

Bad reading not selective memoery :D I said their last fight ;). And do you really think that if Fedor would join UFC at that time he would not win Sylvia?

He would beat syllvia no doubt but once he fights jds would have knocked his head off and cain would have grimed him into the ground. Fakor saw this before hand that's why he never signed the but the fact is that he got sub knocked out mauled by medico fighters. At least people would have said he got beat by great fighters if he had fight in the ufc. The other thing is once he signed the ufc deal he wouldn't be able to hand pick his opponent because dana hated him and would have ensure he fought the top fighters which he would have lost them.

• Downvote 1

JDS fight? What are you talking about you know what year is this? Fedor last fight in PRIDE was in 2006 but JDS fought for tittle in UFC in 2011 thats 4-5years so I dont think you really can put JDS In that picture. Cain? Are you even more stupid? Cain started to fight in 2006 have the fuck Fedor knew that he would have to face a guy who is 0-0 and not even in UFC? And who are these medicore fighters? Werdum and Henderson? Yes these two really are medicore fighters :D

• Upvote 1

You and f man have one thing in common. You don't know nothing about ufc. You talk like you know something but truth betold you are as clueless about this. Fakor made his name ny beating bums and that is a fact.fakor got beat up guys who got beat up and cut ny the ufc. The fact is that fraud never came to the ufc is becase he would get beat up and everybody would have seen he is a fraud just like you and f man. So shut up and go crawl in a hole and play with fakor. Nobody cares anout your shitty View. Be gone scum. Fakor the fakest of them all got got choked out by a guy jds knocked out silly without breaking a sweat. Got knocked out by and awesome old guy. Got pounded in the ground till he quit by a guy cain mauled easily and blooded him up. That fakor is great wothout fighting any top guys. Unheard of if you ask me but you too dumb to sew the facts so go talk to someone who is as dumb and clueless and I wont be responding to anymore of your dumb ass comments. You got your 15 mins of fame, now off with you. You are the weaskest link goodbye.

do you drink buckets of paint or something?

Your saying that guys like Cro Cop, Nog, Coleman, Randleman, Sobral, Arona, Herring, Schilts, Hunt, Arlovski, Sylvia are bums? And stop comparing them to JDS because its 2013 not 2005 of course MMA have evolved in this time period you cant compare fighters who are now and who was fighting on hihg level 10 years ago. So thats not a fact. Your second statmant says that he lost to two fighters who where cut by UFC can I ask you who are they? Because I know only one and thats a fact. And why your comparing now Fedor with JDS you understand that if Fedor would join UFC it would be in 2007 and he would get emediatly tittle shot so I the wild guess if Fedor would not get it he would left and if he would won it he would have to face JDS In 2011 when he got his tittle shot so to compare them at this point is irrelevant you have to compare who was in 2007 in UFC top guys where Cro Cop, Nog, Gonzaga, Kongo, Couture, Sylvia, Mir, Arlovski. And if you look at this he would have to probably fight Sylvia same as Nog did then Probably Nog again and then Couture then Mir and then Brock.

Actually, at the time of their fights I'd say yes except for Nog, Cro Cop, and Herring.

Like I said you cant compare this fighters whit fighters in 2013 so if you dont think that they where not the best at that point you can feel free to tell me who Fedor had to fight in PRIDE in their place.

Like I said you cant compare this fighters whit fighters in 2013 so if you dont think that they where not the best at that point you can feel free to tell me who Fedor had to fight in PRIDE in their place.

That is why I started my post with "at the time of their fights". For example, Hunt today is far better than Hunt back then who had zero ground game. Randleman had already started his 3-11 slide, Coleman would have been retired if Pride didn't bring him back for the specific purpose of putting fighters over and throwing fights. Sobral was smaller and had lost to everyone with a name he fought at that time.

That is why I started my post with "at the time of their fights". For example, Hunt today is far better than Hunt back then who had zero ground game. Randleman had already started his 3-11 slide, Coleman would have been retired if Pride didn't bring him back for the specific purpose of putting fighters over and throwing fights. Sobral was smaller and had lost to everyone with a name he fought at that time.

Yes I understand whay you said and I asked who where these misterous guys who Fedor had to fight in PRIDE? Because no why shape for possible he could invente time machine and fight Cain or JDS. Other that that only guy at his time who he ddnt fight and probably because of his foult that he didnt sign UFC is Couture but like I said he made 10 times more money with his own deal and is making it till now. Of course if he would loose in UFC he would even loose in PRIDE if they didnt close it down the guy cant go undefeated for 20 years. But if you look back he faced the best fighters that where possible at the time and like brainsmasher said there where only 2 one was Barnett who didnt want to fight Fedor and then got busted for PEDs where it is his foult and you cant downswing Fedors carrer because of it and Couturue but to think he could not win tittle in UFC where the champion was Arlovksi, Sylvia, Nog is just stupid.

• Upvote 1

Actually, at the time of their fights I'd say yes except for Nog, Cro Cop, and Herring.

Except a few months after Cop won the OWGP he couldn't even beat Gonzaga or pretty much anyone in the UFC. This speaks volumes to what Pride fighters turned into. I think at one time Pride was ahead of the UFC in the HW division. Even though that doesn't mean guys in the UFC couldn't beat the guys in Pride. Depend on the match ups. But That wasn't the case in 2007 when it went under. It also wasn't the case in 2006. Maybe 2002-2004 range for sure. BUt at some point that become less and less the case. But because we were watching the same fighters and same fights for the last 7 years. You just don't notice. But Fedor was already having trouble in fights. Cro Cop due to his easy wins early in MMA and the lack of athletic fighters or prime wrestling based fighters. Started becoming much slower and less active as a fighter. He was a ball of fire in K-1 and MMA at the start. He was no where close to the same fighter those last few years in Pride. Neither was Nog and you could also see that in his fights at the end of Pride and especially from the start of his UFC run. He about got beat by Herring and was getting beat worse than ever in almost all his fights. Sylvia was putting a 1 sided ass kicking on him. I believe most of the fighters in Pride were sub par. But the best ones were legit top fighters in the world at one time. But that doesn't last forever especially when the B level fighters are so poor. The merger with the UFC really exposed a stale business model of Pride. Pride at its peak was like the WWF in the late 80's and early 90's. The best stars in their prime. The last few years they were TNA. They had the same guys like Hogan and Stiener etc but they were 100 years old. But whats it matter when you have 100 year olds fighting each other? Just keep telling everyone the winner is still the best. Just make sure no one younger gets in the show and the show will go on with huge stars for a long time. But eventually those gets get way to old and you have to replace them. Pride model had no way to do this. Is was going to blow up in their face. As fate would have it then went under and the fighters left the bubble and got exposed else where. Nog and Fedor imo are among the names of the best HW fighters of all time. No better or worse. Just like all champs. They had their moment on top. Due to Prides business model of being a spectacle they were able to milk their time on top a little longer than the way the UFC does it. But they go on the list with all the other Pride and UFC champs.