how do you get a mentor?

Just signed up to this cool game having been a fan of mma for years, even attended an event a few years back at the 02 arena, London and often attend local shows.

I've created 3 fighters and have a fight booked up for tomorrow but don't know what I am doing. I've read the help files and still none the wiser but I suppose its more trial and error than anything.

I want to give this game a really good go, and if I like it will pay money for the vip experience. I'm currently running the 7 day trial which looks awesome.

I've contacted some guys to mentor me through the game as I'm really not good at these sort of strategy games but want to put the time in to learn from someone.

If there is anyone out there who would like to help a new player please do help me, I want to really enjoy this game and make some mma buddys as my friends don't like this so I'm stuck really when I want to talk about it.

Thank you

Crippler

Hey and welcome!

Can you put link to manager page or leave your manager ID here. I'm mentoring one guy right now, but he's not log in for 2 weeks, so I have to drop him if he doesn't log in soon.

I think I could help you to get started, but what I'm looking for from mentee is that he stays active, and if one wants to guit, give to mentor headsup.

I've read the help files

There is lot of them, but it's worth to read them all

If you have any questions, you can send me ingame PM. I can make later something like "TYCOON top tips" and send it to you or post to this thread if you like.

Have you tick "I need mentor" somewhere in your profile?

Hey this is my thread lol, only kidding its a cool game from what I see and is taken very seriously. Which I like I can't not play competitively at anything its all or nothing.

Well I'm not applicable to be a mentor as such but if you guys need any help on anything feel free to pm me in game and ill help out where I can

And Crippler, no its far from sad. I was the same and still am, and the fact that you play hard or not at all will stand you in very good stead here believe me lol

I logged in about 5 or 6 times today already. Wait... that's not including before I went to work. Probably 10 times lol. It's interesting to see the fighters you manage progress. I mean, even though it's just text, it's like HOLY SHIT MY FIGHTER POPPED! THAT'S AWESOME! Yeah...

Maybe it's because we all love and appreciate the art of MMA so much and are very respectful to Mike and his dev team for creating such an incredible game. One that truly reflects the depth and the excitement of a fight...

*Ahem* Back on topic...

I'm always willing to help people out. It's in my nature to. Currently mentoring a random guy through the system and also a buddy of mine. I have room for one more if you need some help. Although, everyone I've encountered on the forums is nice so if there's something I don't have an answer to, don't hesitate to ask here. I don't think anyone would intentionally turn you away. There are also some guides that people have written on the forums as well. Truly a lot of reading but the pay off is the knowledge to become a great manager. VIP is recommended and also try to hop into an alliance when you get it. I am not in one myself, but from what I hear, alliance members are extremely helpful. I should jump in one lol.

I'm still looking for an official mentor, I've been giving some good tips and somehow managed to win my first fight this morning and have another 2 fights booked in 2 days. Let's see how these go. They look tough but trial and error is the way to go and as long as my guys leave it all in the cage I don't mind if they get there arses kicked but if I lose by decision I'm going to be upset.

Kinda related but what determines whether you can get a mentor or not? I'd been on the fence about getting one but now the star only lets me become a mentor. =P

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Mentor

• 2 years later...

Hey guys!

I'm a new manager and I was wondering if there is someone who wants to be my mentor? I am most of all looking for someone who can help me out with the tactics and training in the beginning.

If someone is interested, my manager ID is 94172
Feel free to message me if interested.

Happy holidays to all of you MMA fans :santa:

Hey guys!

I'm a new manager and I was wondering if there is someone who wants to be my mentor? I am most of all looking for someone who can help me out with the tactics and training in the beginning.

If someone is interested, my manager ID is 94172

Feel free to message me if interested.

Happy holidays to all of you MMA fans :santa:

I'd be happy to. My ID is 23189. Just send a request.

Back in days, I mentored 2-3 guys, put lot of time on it, and they all dropped out pretty soon.

I put myself in line again, but "97 other people are waiting to become a mentor"

will see