Fighte Slots change to Fighters & Staff Slots?

MMATycoon

well for the coaching thing, the idea that me and 2 other guys came up with was that they would do seminars at gyms, each gym can have 1 seminar every 14 days or so, and each seminar is an all day thing equivalent to 4 sparring sessions (just as an example not as a 100% sure thing) in the related primaries. there would be 3 types of seminars a grappling seminar, a striking seminar, and a mma or all around seminar. each seminar would take up a day's worth of training (meaning 2 sessions). The average size class for them ideally would be about 20, this is not set in stone as from what we came up with, the coaches intelligence would influence how many people he could coach at a seminar. The price for the seminar we came up with was $500-750. Also, the coach running the seminar gives a very minor boost to things like heart, confidence, experience. and this should go without saying but ill say it anyway, the coaches skills in the related primes for the seminar as well as secondaries determine how much a fighter will learn from a seminar.

for fight cornering we only really discussed what the limits would be on a cornerman. would he only be able to corner in his base city? how many fights could he corner before he gets 'tired' etc, etc. what we came up with was that a cornerman can corner can corner 2 fights in a day without an issue, once you add a third, then the minor boosts or whatever would be diminished.

This is just the thoughts that me and a couple other guys came up with a while back on this topic.

IMO, this would add another reason to why people are unwilling to move/fly from their base city and would only hurt expansion more.

I was only using that as an example of a limit, the second one, dealing with how many fights in a day was the one we decided to be the best option for limiting it

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loriovpbZC1qh4atp.gif

I'm with this guy.

For cornermen I don't think the fighter should get any boost to thier primary or secondary skills. Maybe a slight boost to their hiddens depending on the coaches hiddens and a morale boost would make sense. There should be a limit to how many fights he can corner a week as well or work them out the same way as contracts, limit how many contracts a coach can have and he would get paid by the fighter of course.

Coach seminars sounds like a neat idea too, anoher good way to make money. It can be a partnership between he gym and coach, each get a cut depending on how many fighters sign up and the fee.

My only concern as a new player is how long would it be until I would have my own coach to hire out. Most of my fighters are 18 and I'm not big on FAs. I take pride in building up my own fighters. I guess that's my choice though. Just seems like this new feature would be a side game for all the vets. I guess the newbies would get the benefits of being coached.

I think the cutman could help with cuts, but it shouldnt be that high, the fighter still could get tko'd for cut. I think the cutman and cornerman should be one person. I have 1 guy that tends to cut out of 15 fighters so I think it would be beniefical if it the cutman, cornerman would be same person. If not same person I personally would not use one.

Cornerman could boost hiddens some, maybe even give a boost to the fighter from the cornermans old hiddens. I dont think adding a boost to physicals, or secondarys would be fair.

I thinks seminar's is a good idea, but it should be another option for gyms and not something you have to pay extra for. You can set your coach to do seminar's Mon-Thur and Fri/Sat hes a cornerman for fights, so he cant teach on fight days.

Since this is a game I think cornerman can do multi fights a day and weekend. I also think that cornermans primary as a fighter should be the focus. Hes good at MT for example so he should corner a fighter thats either week in that area ( if his opponent is good in MT )to help boost it or help the fighter do better in that area or give the fighter a bigger boost if hes good in MT too.

I think this is going on the right track. Please keep the feed back coming.

~Mike

I think the cutman could help with cuts, but it shouldnt be that high, the fighter still could get tko'd for cut. I think the cutman and cornerman should be one person. I have 1 guy that tends to cut out of 15 fighters so I think it would be beniefical if it the cutman, cornerman would be same person. If not same person I personally would not use one.

Cornerman could boost hiddens some, maybe even give a boost to the fighter from the cornermans old hiddens. I dont think added a boost to physicals, or secondarys would be fair.

I thinks seminar's is a good idea, but it should be another option for gyms and not something you have to pay extra for. You can set your coach to do seminar's Mon-Thur and Fri/Sat hes a cornerman for fights, so he cant teach on fight days.

Since this is a game I think cornerman can do multi fights a day and weekend. I also think that cornermans primary as a fighter should be the focus. Hes good at MT for example so he should corner a fighter thats either week in that area to help boost it or help the fighter do better in that area if hes even pretty good.

I think this is going on the right track. Please keep the feed back coming.

~Mike

i wasnt referring to cornerman for primary and secondary boost, i was referring to coaches, and having it as another option for a gym wouldnt work because coaches at gyms down have hiddens, only skills. it has to be a separate money making entity unless we put qualifications on what fighters need to have in order to run a seminar because an actual in game coach wouldnt be able to do seminars.

cornermen only give boosts to hiddens such as confidence heart experience and thats all. and i think cornerman and cut men should be separate because you dont need a ex fighter to be a cut man, but ex fighters would be good for cornermen. i said nothing against not doing multiple fights in a weekend, you just have to fly him from city to city but there has to be a point where his cornering decreases in effectiveness otherwise i see it getting heavily abused, thats another idea to limit it, is have cornerman only be able to corner a fight if they are in the same city.

But im just rambling at this point

The only problem I have with this idea is that it gives a definite in game advantage to paying players. I have been a VIP for a long time now and I love it, but if we start handing boosts to primaries, secondaries or hiddens for players willing to pay for it, I feel that it sets a bad precedent. I like the idea of cornermen and coaches in theory, but I don't want to feel forced to buy even more slots just to compete.

IMO, you should not have to buy extra slots to have a coach or a cornerman type guy on your roster, instead of releasing a fighter you can have him become a coach/cornerman. the only times primes and secondaries gets boosted is in seminars which are in public gyms which anyone can enter, the only extra money is taken out after you do said seminar. and the boost to hiddens would be minor so it may have a slight impact on a fight but it wont be a huge boost by any means. in fight there is no boost to tangile things, primes, secs, or hiddens like ko power or chin. the only boosts would be to heart confidence and experience and a minor boost at that. the goal isnt to advocate people to buy more slots, just to hold on to fighters long, or if you have a fighter you dont want someone else to pick up or his chin is shot but has great skills you can turn him into a coach or a cornerman just my opinion though

i would love that coaches during seminars could 'teach' our fighters their favourite moves.

i do know it would be too hard to code, but lets say, your coach is 40 fights veteran, who submitted 25 guys via triangle choke.

after that seminar, or couple seminars, your guy would be better at triangling, or maybe even it would become his favourite move, and he would try it more frequently with bigger chance of succes.

the same could go to spinning back kicks, uppercuts, flying knees etc.

impossible to code, but would be good.

cornermans could give advices to fighters during fight. something like different strategies for different rounds. if cornerman is experienced, is game, and has high iq, he will see what your fighter does wrong during a fight, and maybe give him some advices (not too big thought). and then, if your fighter has high iq (would be good to use that hidden more frequently) and maybe is not too tired and noot to inexperienced, he would listen ad fight a bit better.

hard to code as well, but could be interesting.