K1 option

MMATycoon

OK so I'm just starting work on a K1 option for the game.

The issue I'm having is what to do with existing rankings.

I want to have different rankings for K1 and MMA so the easy way would be to start with everyone at minimum hype for K1. The only problem is that screws over orgs who have already been running K1 rules informally. So my suggestion is you get set to minimum hype for either MMA or K1 depending on which you prefer or which fight you do first, or something along those lines...

So do you guys have any suggestions on that?

I was thinking we would just have a universal popularity bar so we're just talking about the hype bar here (aka the fighter rankings) and how to implement one bar for MMA and one for K1.

Of course, it would be quite fun just to start everyone from 0 for a K1 ranking as we'd get that new game feel that we had for the first year or so on here in terms of building new legends etc so if people were OK with it, I'd actually prefer that... I'm just concious of the loss of income from the fights for a low hyped fighter on a high contract.

I suppose (thinking out loud here), that we could start all the hypes at minimum for K1 but use the MMA hype for a while, to calculate the attendance?

That sounds like the best option to me.

Notes on K1

We'd have knockdowns / boxing scoring and the standing 8 count.

Whole fight scoring would also be allowed on the current system, so not taking into account an automatic -1 point for knockdowns.

I'd also like to have a separate fighter record for K1 for each fighter and I suppose for managers too but that'd be quite a lot of effort :mellow:

• Upvote 4

i think it's a good idea to make different hype , i don't see why someone who win only stand up fight ,could be rank as an mma fighter .

I would assume there would be separate rankings for both, but there would be only one hype bar. Doesn't rank and hype work independently of each other, or no?

Edit: But I also think it's fine if Mike wants to have two hype bars. Either way works for me. I do think it would be "better" to have just one hype bar and one pop bar and then separate rankings.

Edited by Showdown

This is great, agree with others that it would be awesome to just see a boxing option as well.

I do however think though that the hype needs to be kept seperate, otherwise I think it could create probems with matchmaking. You'd have guys who might be a complete striking build (No BJJ and little wrestling for example) competing in K1 who then might want to convert to be a fully fledged MMA star later on down the line. Now if hype is not kept seperate they'll start getting matched up with beasts who are good in all areas before they've had chance to work on their weaknesses, and they might not want to fight the guys low down the card as their 'hype' would be a long way ahead of theirs.

Agree though that popularity should be shared.

Excellent idea. How would fighter creation work? Would you have a seperate tab for someone who wants strictly a K-1 fighter so we can allocate points just towards those? I realize you xan do that now but perhaps start out with a little less points for K-1

Maybe even if not to difficult have a split section in Orgs that wish to have K-1 as well, have a tab where it lists those fighters and weight classes like we have now for mma. Let orgs run both styles without mixing the classes or designating one weight class for k-1.