K1 option

MMATycoon

Unless I am missing something, everyone seems to be confusing 'hype' with 'popularity'. Yes, a good fighter from K1 will bring his fan following from K1 to MMA this is what we call 'popularity', but his ranking is where the 'hype' comes into play. The #1 hyped K1 fighter should not suddenly signed to fight MMA and become a top 10 'hyped' MMA fighter. Sure, he could have the most popularity in the game, but the hype needs to be different from K1 to MMA (and vice versa).

• Upvote 3

Unless I am missing something, everyone seems to be confusing 'hype' with 'popularity'. Yes, a good fighter from K1 will bring his fan following from K1 to MMA this is what we call 'popularity', but his ranking is where the 'hype' comes into play. The #1 hyped K1 fighter should not suddenly signed to fight MMA and become a top 10 'hyped' MMA fighter. Sure, he could have the most popularity in the game, but the hype needs to be different from K1 to MMA (and vice versa).

Yup that's basically it.

Hype IS the rankings. It's the same thing.

Popularity+Hype in equal measure is the value of a fighter to either an MMA or a K1 org, so it's basically how it would work in real life if both boosted the same popularity bar. Yes I agree with the above about Overeem getting hyped in MMA from his K1 win but that's pretty complex because it's partly due to knowing he's a successful MMA fighter too. In game terms it's most sensible to keep the two separate.

As for what happens if someone chops and changes between MMA and K1, well their hype will slowly drain down like it does now in both, so you can only top it back up again by fighting in that discipline.

• Upvote 1

Yup that's basically it.

Hype IS the rankings. It's the same thing.

Popularity+Hype in equal measure is the value of a fighter to either an MMA or a K1 org, so it's basically how it would work in real life if both boosted the same popularity bar. Yes I agree with the above about Overeem getting hyped in MMA from his K1 win but that's pretty complex because it's partly due to knowing he's a successful MMA fighter too. In game terms it's most sensible to keep the two separate.

As for what happens if someone chops and changes between MMA and K1, well their hype will slowly drain down like it does now in both, so you can only top it back up again by fighting in that discipline.

All sounds good and a sensible way of doing it.

Since this is an mma tycoon, I think the k1 should give less hype compared to mma, also limited signing bonuses/base/win pay

we don't want mmatycoon being taken over by a majority of k1 orgs, I love and agree that k1 should be added, but if fighters can make the same money fighting K1 as MMA people will start taking the easy route and train 2 secondaries instead of 4, there has to be some kind of negative for choosing to fight K1

maybe putting a cap on hype/pop?

limiting payouts for k1 fighters

we need mma as the main playing field, otherwise it could turn into.....

www.K1tycoon.com

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Since this is an mma tycoon, I think the k1 should give less hype compared to mma, also limited signing bonuses/base/win pay

we don't want mmatycoon being taken over by a majority of k1 orgs, I love and agree that k1 should be added, but if fighters can make the same money fighting K1 as MMA people will start taking the easy route and train 2 secondaries instead of 4, there has to be some kind of negative for choosing to fight K1

www.K1tycoon.com

Great point. It would obviously be much easier to create and train a fighter strictly for K1, I could see there being a larger group of managers making all their guys K1 than you expect Mr. Tycoon.

• Upvote 1

There was a time that K-1 paid way over the odd's for fighters (they still do thats why there in so much debt) guys like Hoost made fortunes fighting K-1 same with Bob Sapp and H-M Choi. They even cross promoted with Pride etc with guys like Don Frye taking on Jerome Le Banner and the pay out for that fight was quite substantial, guys like Cro Cop and Overeem who made fortunes fighting K-1.

So i don't think there should be a salary cap, it makes the game a lot more realistic now that your adding in K-1 fighters, who may fight in a cross promotion on time in MMA rules or a MMA fighter jumping across for a K-1 superfight, opens up a lot of new things for the game. I'd really like to see the extra 5 slots open up tho with the ability to retire a fighter of yours and make him into a extra coach or cornorman etc.

www.K1tycoon.com

Absolutely agree with that , plus in mma you have a lot of differents match ups who makes all the fights differents and entertaining .

I don't really like the idea to see a lot of players starting only K-1 taking an easy road ,avoiding all the wrestlers or bjj guy ...,then when they try to switch on mma they will be a true pain for everyone :bad hype ,hard to match ups ...

Absolutely agree with that , plus in mma you have a lot of differents match ups who makes all the fights differents and entertaining .

I don't really like the idea to see a lot of players starting only K-1 taking an easy road ,avoiding all the wrestlers or bjj guy ...,then when they try to switch on mma they will be a true pain for everyone :bad hype ,hard to match ups ...

Not to pile on, because I do like the K1 idea and I hope Mike adds it, but I'm worried about all the standup MMA fighters. Most of my guys are standup fighters, but they also have to focus on ground defense. So, K1 fighters are going to be an absolute nightmare for my MMA guys once the K1 guys start to transition over. Imagine two guys with similar creation ID, and one of them is a standup MMA fighter and the other is a standup K1 fighter. That is going to be a ridiculous mismatch. I'm willing to deal with it, as always, but it does concern me to know that all my standup guys are going to be even more irrelevant than they already are.

Edit: I guess one good thing that will come from it is the re-emergence of the ground game in MMA.

Edited by Showdown

In reality doeant k-1 make more than mma fighters phenomenal?

They may do artist, but if we reflect that point to this game, the majority of new managers and old will start going k1, leaving mma on the back seat, especially since you'll only need 2 primaries for it

I'm all for the k1 idea, but something like I mentioned above needs to be in place to keep mma in pole position, otherwise this could ruin the mma part of the game.

Not to pile on, because I do like the K1 idea and I hope Mike adds it, but I'm worried about all the standup MMA fighters. Most of my guys are standup fighters, but they also have to focus on ground defense. So, K1 fighters are going to be an absolute nightmare for my MMA guys once the K1 guys start to transition over. Imagine two guys with similar creation ID, and one of them is a standup MMA fighter and the other is a standup K1 fighter. That is going to be a ridiculous mismatch. I'm willing to deal with it, as always, but it does concern me to know that all my standup guys are going to be even more irrelevant than they already are.

Edit: I guess one good thing that will come from it is the re-emergence of the ground game in MMA.

Not really, if anything your guy has an advantage. If his striking is (marginally) better, it means he's spent way more time on it, which means you could have spent that extra time on takedowns, giving you many more ways of beating him. This will force him to shell up because his groundgame = 0, and will in turn lead to you beating him due to the looming threat of a takedown. If he spends time on his grappling you'll still have a headstart there, all while having the option to even it out standing.

Not really, if anything your guy has an advantage. If his striking is (marginally) better, it means he's spent way more time on it, which means you could have spent that extra time on takedowns, giving you many more ways of beating him. This will force him to shell up because his groundgame = 0, and will in turn lead to you beating him due to the looming threat of a takedown. If he spends time on his grappling you'll still have a headstart there, all while having the option to even it out standing.

Well, I know I'm in the vast minority now, but I was speaking as a guy with public gym fighters. I know private gym guys just end up with Sens across the board eventually. But my guys have to choose what they are going to be good at. So, my standup guys generally do not have an offensive ground game at all. So, it would be my inferior standup vs their superior standup. I guess you do have a good point though, since everyone trains pretty exclusively in private gyms now and I am kind of a dying breed manager. Either way I plan to still play, I was just expressing my own concerns. And I do think K1 will be cool. :boxing:

Edit: I do have a few guys with overall good skills. One of my guys has Wonderful in several offensive standup and ground skills, and he would probably fare well vs. K1 fighters. So, maybe I've just been making a shit ton of training mistakes. And like I said before, I can adapt my builds and training more toward ground fighting and just have less standup MMA fighters in the future.

Edited by Showdown

Too many replies to read them all, just read the first page. A separate bar for hype seems a great idea. I was thinking for fights and stuff, if it is a k-1 fight and the fighters mma hype bar divided by 2 (could be a different number) is bigger than the K-1, the mma hype would be used at half value for hype+pop calculations for the orgs. This could also work in the reverse k-1 doing an mma fight.

I think this could work but you would need something to keep the game's focus on MMA. If you are looking to completely change the game than it wouldn't matter, but then you would have to change MMAtycoon to Combat tycoon or something. It would be cool if there was a section on fighter profiles citing all of that person's combat sports records separately(if you incorporate K-1, grappling, boxing etc) and other accomplishments (various titles held in MMA or K-1 or whatever else).

I have an idea for a long time about it.

But I think that my idea would be extremely complicated to be implemented in the game.

It is based on:

There are four styles of fighting in the game here: Boxing, MuayThai, Wrestling and BJJ.

In it, there were four new styles of tournaments. World Championship Boxing (Boxing) / K-1 (MuayThai) / NCAA Championship Wrestling (Wrestling) / World Championship Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ)!

In these tournaments you could increase your experience, confidence and skills in such fighting styles.

Having some success in these tournaments, his popularity to MMA also be increased. As in real fights.

Therefore, we would see fighters with estreiantes Wonderfull Wrestling MMA. But with differences in their confidence, experience, intelligence and above popularity.

What are the differences for MMA ?

In these types of tournaments, his fighter could gain more experiences for the fights - without a fight in MMA.

Of course, you could fight guys MMATYCOON or against a computer system.

example:

You're a blue belt in BJJ fighter. Click to make a fight of BJJ.

You face a blue belt BJJ fighter of MMATYCOON or a fighter who does not exist in the game (it would just be a BJJ fighter and not mma).

So he fights at this level, and could compete to win titles. Creating your name in this martial art. This could increase the popularity and hype a fight in his MMA.

Examples in real life:

Boxing:

James Toney:

Height: 178cm

Weight: 160/255 lbs

Record In Professional Boxing:

•  
  • Record: 73-07
  • KO / TKO: 44
  • Dec.: 29

Amateur Career:

•  
  • Record: 33-2
  • KO / TKO: 29
  • Dec.: 03

As everyone knows, James Toney is one of the best boxers in the world. Has won several titles. In his first MMA fight. He faced Randy Couture. He had no chance to react. He was defeated easily. But his great fame and career in professional boxing, was one of the struggles that gave more money to the UFC. And even try a professional record in MMA 00-01 he was very famous in the world of MMA.

---

Muay Thai:

Ramon Dekkers:

Height: 172cm

Weight: 160 lbs

Record in Professional Kick-Boxing (MuayThai):

•  
  • Record: 186-30
  • KO / TKO: 95
  • Dec.: 91

Similarly to James Toney. Dekkers is an excellent striker. It is one of the Kick Boxers more aggressive and violent than ever. Already did the historical fights and will always be remembered for that. But like Toney, debuted in MMA with a historic beating. He faced the famous Genki Sudo. It was easily finished. Yet the event is remembered today, and this fight has already been seen several times on the internet.

---

Wrestling:

Brock Lesnar:

Height: 192cm

Weight: 265/310 lbs

Record in Wrestling:

•  
  • Record: 106-05

Brock Lesnar different from Toney and Dekkers. He is a great wrestler. He was not a good striker at the beginning of his career in MMA and was not a good grappler. But his incredible wrestling and his enormous strength helped him be who he is.

Lesnar has a record 05-02 in Mixed Martial Arts. In his fourth MMA fight he became champion of the biggest tournament in the world of MMA. The UFC. Winning the incredible Randy Couture. Lesnar has already been countless times champion wrestling tournament. So it's one of the most famous wrestlers in history. With only 4 MMA fights, many people said he could already create a legacy.

---

BJJ:

Roger Gracie:

Height: 194cm

Weight: 220 lbs

Record in Jiu-Jitsu:

•  
  • Record: 65-07

Like Lesnar did, Roger Gracie is getting its place in MMA.

He is known for his incredible Jiu-Jitsu. Gracie was already 10 times world champion of Jiu-Jitsu. Three times in the Open Weight category (any weight) and seven times in the Heavy Weight.

He has a cartel from 04 to 01 in MMA.

Since his first fight, much was already spoken, for their titles in BJJ always raised his name.

These are some of the many who entered the world of MMA with a name already formed. Not to say that to win these types of tournaments, they are the best. But surely be the most famous game. So would be played by organizations in the game. For its high popularity and Hype

• Upvote 2

I don't know how you come up with that being a ridiculous mismatch, the K1 guys that transition over MAY be better stand up fights but i doubt they will have the ground game of the MMA guys. I really don't see how people can disagree with mike's idea here since we already have K1 this is just making it Official.

I don't know how you come up with that being a ridiculous mismatch, the K1 guys that transition over MAY be better stand up fights but i doubt they will have the ground game of the MMA guys. I really don't see how people can disagree with mike's idea here since we already have K1 this is just making it Official.

Cus, did you read what I wrote? I'm not against K1 being added. I was just expressing my concern. And what I was talking about is a standup MMA guy having a big disadvantage against a K1 fighter. My standup MMA fighters have a lot of points in defensive ground stuff, but pretty much nothing in offensive ground stuff. So it's gonna be my inferior standup vs their superior standup. I probably should just shut my mouth now, because it's turning into me whining about something that I don't even really care about that much, and something that admittedly is kind of irrelevant to the whole conversation. And like I said before, I will adapt to it with my future builds and training.

• Upvote 1

Cus, did you read what I wrote? I'm not against K1 being added. I was just expressing my concern. And what I was talking about is a standup MMA guy having a big disadvantage against a K1 fighter. My standup MMA fighters have a lot of points in defensive ground stuff, but pretty much nothing in offensive ground stuff. So it's gonna be my inferior standup vs their superior standup. I probably should just shut my mouth now, because it's turning into me whining about something that I don't even really care about that much, and something that admittedly is kind of irrelevant to the whole conversation. And like I said before, I will adapt to it with my future builds and training.

Even a Blue Belt with Competent Wrestling is a dominant ground game against a useless/useless with equally useless secondaries.

Even a Blue Belt with Competent Wrestling is a dominant ground game against a useless/useless with equally useless secondaries.

I guess it depends on if there is clinch involved in K1 or not. Because if there is, then most K1 fighters will probably have wrestling to help out their clinch game. My Remarkable wrestling and Abysmal takedowns might not work out too well vs his Remarkable wrestling and Abysmal takedown defense. I guess that could go either way. But with hardly any offensive submissions and no GnP, it would be two guys just flailing and praying down there. I think I would rather just take my chances in the standup.

Although, everyone keeps telling me I'm wrong on this, so I probably am. And there's really nothing to be done about it, because adding K1 actually is gonna be cool, and if my guy can't deal with an opponent, that is my problem, not anyone else's. I've kind of hijacked this thread with a bunch of bullshit, so let's just talk about the actual aspects of K1 and be done with this, please. :blush: