K1 option

MMATycoon

Cus, did you read what I wrote? I'm not against K1 being added. I was just expressing my concern. And what I was talking about is a standup MMA guy having a big disadvantage against a K1 fighter. My standup MMA fighters have a lot of points in defensive ground stuff, but pretty much nothing in offensive ground stuff. So it's gonna be my inferior standup vs their superior standup. I probably should just shut my mouth now, because it's turning into me whining about something that I don't even really care about that much, and something that admittedly is kind of irrelevant to the whole conversation. And like I said before, I will adapt to it with my future builds and training.

Sorry mate the disagreeing part was directed at everyone not just you my bad. I really do believe though the K1 guys will be at a disadvantage if they were to join MMA though.

Clinching is different in K-1 than in MMA. In K-1 you are just allowed a couple of seconds before they break the clinch. If the MMA fighters like to venture to K-1 they are at a disadvantage and vice versa. You see people like Crocop and Mark hunt who were K-1 fighters having a hard time in MMA.

Yeah, I know. I'm wondering if Mike is gonna have clinch or not. I know they used to allow more significant clinching in K1 than they do now.

mma tycoon or k1 tycoon ?

K1 is a girls game ,

mma tycoon is a mans game ,

but i suppose for all those managers that cant make an mma fighter , the girls game will do

Seriously, is EVERYONE in your alliance Michael Bisping?

If they are, that makes you Alex Reid.

Mike: I'd rather you look into suggestions or components of the fight engine people have been complaining about for ages (like the elbows/knees situation in the clinch where you can't dirty box the body and throw elbows without kneeing the body, the fact that fighters with elite conditioning can be 'gassed' in under a round, the absurdly high regularity of cut stoppages, different tactics between rounds, etc).

If you must add K-1 rules, start everyone at zero hype.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Seeing as I've always been a strong supporter of the k-1 orgs, I'd love to see some changes like this come in... My only problem with it is I have a couple of guys I've been grooming a long time. They're monsters and they're undefeated. It is Insanely hard to get people to sign on to fight them right now, with the prospect of stealing their hype away. If they get their hype reset, thus taking away the potential for someone to pull off a miracle and get rewarded for it... it's gonna be impossible to get them fights.

Seeing as I've always been a strong supporter of the k-1 orgs, I'd love to see some changes like this come in... My only problem with it is I have a couple of guys I've been grooming a long time. They're monsters and they're undefeated. It is Insanely hard to get people to sign on to fight them right now, with the prospect of stealing their hype away. If they get their hype reset, thus taking away the potential for someone to pull off a miracle and get rewarded for it... it's gonna be impossible to get them fights.

well honestly (not picking on you just using couple your fighters for examples cause i dont feel like looking any others up) they should be reset or something done cause the comp in those org you have faced is pitiful http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightercombinedrecord.php?FID=78967 -- http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightercombinedrecord.php?FID=54796 -- http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightercombinedrecord.php?FID=111583 -- do they really deserve the hype / pop from who they have fought? -- maybe hype / pop needs to be redone or take into consideration who they have fought

well honestly (not picking on you just using couple your fighters for examples cause i dont feel like looking any others up) they should be reset or something done cause the comp in those org you have faced is pitiful http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightercombinedrecord.php?FID=78967 -- http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightercombinedrecord.php?FID=54796 -- http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightercombinedrecord.php?FID=111583 -- do they really deserve the hype / pop from who they have fought? -- maybe hype / pop needs to be redone or take into consideration who they have fought

Well thats a completely different problem that has nothing to do with K-1 ;P When I started those guys in the org, Stark in particular, I expected K-1 to take off a bit faster. I got locked in cuz I have belts there. Constantly begging for better match ups, but like I said, it's almost impossible to get fights at all. I've asked the org owner if he wanted to strip them and I could move on so his org isn't penalized for my beasts and he said he's not in the business of cutting fighters cuz everyone is scared of them. If you know of anyone who would fight any of them, send'em my way. Can only fight who will accept. May not be great comp, but they've fought the best the K-1 World has to offer. And again, if they get reset to Zero... you think my competition will get any better? It'll be non-exsistant ;P

edit: btw, wuzn't really talking about Shillings, but you really think his comp is that bad? Most everyone he's fought has had comparable stats, and al of them have lower ID's

OK so I'm just starting work on a K1 option for the game.

The issue I'm having is what to do with existing rankings.

I want to have different rankings for K1 and MMA so the easy way would be to start with everyone at minimum hype for K1. The only problem is that screws over orgs who have already been running K1 rules informally. So my suggestion is you get set to minimum hype for either MMA or K1 depending on which you prefer or which fight you do first, or something along those lines...

So do you guys have any suggestions on that?

I was thinking we would just have a universal popularity bar so we're just talking about the hype bar here (aka the fighter rankings) and how to implement one bar for MMA and one for K1.

Of course, it would be quite fun just to start everyone from 0 for a K1 ranking as we'd get that new game feel that we had for the first year or so on here in terms of building new legends etc so if people were OK with it, I'd actually prefer that... I'm just concious of the loss of income from the fights for a low hyped fighter on a high contract.

I suppose (thinking out loud here), that we could start all the hypes at minimum for K1 but use the MMA hype for a while, to calculate the attendance?

That sounds like the best option to me.

Notes on K1

We'd have knockdowns / boxing scoring and the standing 8 count.

Whole fight scoring would also be allowed on the current system, so not taking into account an automatic -1 point for knockdowns.

I'd also like to have a separate fighter record for K1 for each fighter and I suppose for managers too but that'd be quite a lot of effort :mellow:

sounds quality this mate, cant wait till this gets installed...

be fun

As much as I love K1 IRL I hope that this add wont be implemented without careful concideration. The already messed up hype system will take another hit if we just throw K1 fighters in I guess. Usually Mike makes good decision so I have faith that this will work. That said, I'd rather see updates on the MMA side of the gamethat we currently play.

Mike with K1 coming in would it be another good opportunity to look at seperating elbows from knees in the clinch? I still find it very frustrating that in order to throw an elbow that might be say 'Remarkable' I have to either soley aim for the head or also accept that I'm going to be throwing some 'Woeful' knees to the body as well when really I might just want to punch to the body and elbow to the face.

I'd love to see this seperated for K1 and MMA fights.

• Upvote 2

if its a option i may create a K-1 division in Elite Fighting Championship in London for anyone interested. Ill have a ID Free and ID Restricted fights.

Interested in ID restricted for sure. What kind of ID restriction are you thinking, how are orgs in London, and what weight classes?

I have a full K1 organization in Tokyo your welcome to come get your butt kicked or issue the butt kicking

Problem with that is the top triple elite guys who'd destroy my poor 163k ID Manhoef clone. :(

Problem with that is the top triple elite guys who'd destroy my poor 163k ID Manhoef clone. :(

See. Not picking on you, cuz I completely understand not wanting to get handed to lower ID monsters, but this is exactly wut I'm talking about. The hard work Orgs like Dynasty K1 have done is the reason a K1 option is even being considered. If the managers who run, and have fighters in the current K-1 Orgs hadn't stayed so dedicated we wouldn't have this topic, but it's like they're being penalized. The majority of the managers are going to start K1 fighters now, or when the option comes in, and none of them are gonna want to ever participate in the longest running, most prestigious K-1 Orgs for fear of getting Rolled on, which they would. That wouldn't be a big deal if you weren't also considering Stealing away all the hype and prestige they've managed to build even without a real system in place.

I'd ask that you heavily consider adding in the one time hype swap frum MMA to Kickboxing talked about in the original post. That way the pioneer orgs who worked to create a demand for k-1 aren't getting screwed. It'd even give guys with older fighters a one time chance to switch. Got a guy with great Striking Primaries who can't defend a TD to save his soul? Use your one time swap to switch his hype frum MMA to K1 and see how he does in a striking Org.

If that isn't an option, most, if not ALL, of the new K1 orgs will be ID Restricted, and there will be no new blood for the established K-1 leagues. They will either have to adapt ID restriction policies, and where does that leave it's current roster? Or just hope they can keep the exact same fighters they've always had signed and resign to being a stagnant, low-end org. And why would they want to do that when they're going to be starting at 0 hype events with their older roster, the exact same as all the ID Restricted orgs that pop up?

I can't be the only person with <100k id Strikers this is affecting negatively.

edit: typo disaster, bear with me. Trying to type with a broke arm is unfair to sum ;(