Immortals New York

Steel

Grats on cutting him. Brute cut him before tho so its not new that Styles is known to bleed.

Yeah, some guys start bleeding when the bell rings. Styles isn't one of them, but...

Besides I hardly thin that hitting Styles one time then getting beat silly is "showing us the way". I know how to beat Styles. I just don't have anyoe that can do it. Actually, there is two ways to beat Styles. I have nobody that can do either of them. Paterson put up a much better fight than Dope did. But hey, you earned your shot, you got in there and tried, and for that you get props.

Grats on cutting him. Brute cut him before tho so its not new that Styles is known to bleed.

At present the only fighter who I would pause for thought over would be the Jon Boogie managed Lebedev. He demolished Jolons guy Wolfwood in a stand up battle, and if, and to be honest it is an if, Derric has a propensity to bleed, Lebedev loves the clinch and his camp train elbows over knees in their MT fighters. The question is whether Lebedev has a chin strong enough to get the fight into the clinch against a KO merchant like Derric.

Camp wise, Boogie is on the level with the Melton's for sure, which make it all the more interesting, as slider fu, as I have heard it called comes into play, and this match up is a clash of the elite in this department.

If Lebedev wins his next fight he will fight Styles early May.

At present the only fighter who I would pause for thought over would be the Jon Boogie managed Lebedev. He demolished Jolons guy Wolfwood in a stand up battle, and if, and to be honest it is an if, Derric has a propensity to bleed, Lebedev loves the clinch and his camp train elbows over knees in their MT fighters. The question is whether Lebedev has a chin strong enough to get the fight into the clinch against a KO merchant like Derric.

Camp wise, Boogie is on the level with the Melton's for sure, which make it all the more interesting, as slider fu, as I have heard it called comes into play, and this match up is a clash of the elite in this department.

If Lebedev wins his next fight he will fight Styles early May.

At present I can see no other clear cut contenders for the title shot. I would think this the best bet.

TUF 1 & 170lb World Title Preview by Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA.

Ladies, Gentleman, and fight fans the world overrrr!!! I’m Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA, I’m back!, and I’m in New York for tonights TUF 1 card featuring the 170lb World title fight between Tari ‘Anaconda’ Cunha and undefeated wrestling sensation Jack ‘The Preacher’ Hudock. Immortals mania has gone global, fair fights, fair pay, beer, babes and smack are attracting fighters and managers throughout the planet. Last Fridays card was huge, with Derric Styles dispatching his challenger in another demonstration of complete domination and humiliation for his opponent Shaggy Dope. It is rumoured that Dope will finish his career with a fight against novice heavyweight Flanagan, before either retiring or continuing his career in the minor leagues. The rumour that Dope specifically asked for the recent young KO victim indicates the end of Dope’s top level career.

Anyway, only 20 minutes ago the pre-fight press conference finished, and the highlight has to be the 2 minute stare down between two of the meanest sons of bitches in MMA today. Cunha and Hudock went nose to nose for a 2 full minutes before Cunha took a step back and spat in Hudock’s eye. Hudock remained composed throughout, and manager Ramirez looked full of confidence amid his entourage of Renegade Warriors alliance members. Is this the first time Tari Cunha is not the overwhelming favourite to win? Cunha is matched in every aspect of the game by Hudock. Both these guys by 150k standards carrying world class ground games, exceptional wrestlers with brown belts in BJJ. Hudock on paper looks more potent standing, but Cunha has a wealth of experience, having beaten the formidable Erik Bennett and Donald Stewart in brutal ground wars. Hudock is relatively untested having beaten Barry Honnam in his last fight. Honnam may well be one for the future, but Hudock trains in an elite camp, that believes they will hold two INY World Titles by the end of the year.

I can’t choose between these guys, it really is one the closest match ups I’ve ever seen, and I’m just expecting a real tough, dirty, ass kicking scrap!

If this isn’t enough to look forward to, the INY TUF 265plus tourney gets under way tonight. Its not often you see fighters shake hands but the managers having a stare down, but Andy Wright walked right up to Don King Jnr and was diverted away at the last minute by a very observant Bruno Falcone. Their protégés are pitted against each other this evening in a real grudge match.

It’s time for quick run though of the TUF card, with fighters representing Andy Wrights Team Crixus or the free spirits of Team Spartacus.

(TC)Lebedev vs (TS)Bradley – Bradley may be one to watch in the future, but he faces a wonderful wrestler who has a manager who knows how to get the job done. Early take downs and frequent takedowns will see Lebedev win this one.

(TC)Jones vs (TS)Kowski – Jones, a Troy Melton fighter and wonderful wrestler will look for takedowns and wins this unless Kowski and has superb or better takedown defence and elects to counter in the stand up. Big ask for Kowski and I see Jones taking this one.

(TC)Cabeltown vs (TS)Sheet – I’ve got Sheet getting 10pts for Team Spartacus here, he will get the takedowns and dominate this fight. Cabeltown will win fights in this tourney but tonight he is against one of the best.

(TC)Radden vs (TS)Revis – Managers grudge match here. Radden from Team Wright has wonderful boxing, and must keep this standing if he is to win this one against a BJJ purple belt. Team Wright are on a losing streak so a big win over DKJR would lift their camp.

(TC)Fontes vs (TS)Rowe – Fontes is a wonderful Muay Thai practitioner, and will be keep this standing and secure 10 more points for Team Crixus. Rowe must somehow secure a takedown, and then keep the fight on the mat if he is to win this one.

(TC) Hotop vs (TS) Nunn – Hotop is a superb boxer and Nunn a BJJ Brown Belt. Hotop’s camp are less experienced than Nunn’s but Kurt Edge looks to be finding his feet now and his record in recent months suggests a future star of MMA management. Nunn from the formidable Miletich camp needs to secure a takedown. Hotop should secure a win with some crafty counterpunching.

(TC)Thomas vs (TS)Vela – I’m picking Thomas to keep this standing and kick the life out of Vela’s legs tonight. Vela must secure the takedown because there is only one winner standing.

(TC)Ulrich vs (TS)Bartley –Ulrich is a superb wrestler and Bartley a remarkable boxer. The managers Ingo Johansson and Mayte Clemsen are two of our newer but committed managers who are still learning MMA management, so this could go either way. If either of these guys is mentored or is receiving tactical advice then there is your winner.

(TC)Riggs vs (TS)Abdullah – This is a pick em fight, featuring Riggs a proficient boxer against Abdullah with respectable Muay Thai and wrestling. Riggs does have a blue belt in BJJ to make Abdullah not take a wreckless approach to takedowns and ground and pound. This could be a war, and probably the fighter with the best game plan will be victorious.

Overall, I think Andy Wrights Team Crixus can establish a 40/50 point lead after tonight’s card. Good Luck to all those fighting tonight, you wont see me at the after party, as I’m still in rehab from my VFC days. But a word of advice, 6ft 2ins amazonian brunettes usually are not what they seem!

All the best.

Richie

• Upvote 1

if there are any Team Crixus members with questions about their fights message me ASAP, I'll be out for most of the day, I think most of you guys should be good though

Team Sparta if you need any advice i will be around most of the day. So drop me a line and i will gladly help the best of my ability. Also i am looking forward to my fighter Rocky "Second to" Nunn making his debut in the cage. He had some awesome training in now just to stick to the game plan and secure a Spartacus victory. Glad to see everyone is full energy should be a great card well done guys.

Team Crixus won 7 of 9 fights, good job guys, way to dominate

and hey so now that they are 9 fighters how are we gonna do the tournament? does someone get automatically advanced to the next round cuz that would still gives us 5, an odd number to work with for a tourney

• Upvote 1

The Hotop was very concerned about Rocky Nunn's ground abiliy. He was a great opponent and good luck to him in the rest of the tourney.

Go Crixus!

• Upvote 1

Brunno Falcone: Congraduations ta all da winners of da TUF tournament tonight. While I don't know how exactly Steel is gonna handle da one guy what dropped outta da tournament, I do know dat dis here tournament is not single elimination brackets. It is a league style where yous earn points for each win. So dat still means dat we have an odd man out so I am not sure how dat is gonna work. Maybe just be someting like da worst beat up guy sits out for a round or sometin like dat. Doze of you what lost tonight, don't give up yet. Yous could still end up winning da tournament over all if'n yous can win more fights over da duration. At least dats how I understands it.

Why would my guy try 15 takedown's i had him at 60% stay standing. Good job to the other team though yall kicked ass.

You realise that 40% try takedowns, is really really high right? Unless you're a pure ground fighter who doesn't stand a chance on the stand-up, 10% would suffice. Maybe even less.

Hudock challenges Cunha to a standup war

In an interview for MMAmerica Hudock said he looks to KO his opponent, undefeated Brasilian wrestlingchamp Cunha.

- (JH) My gameplan will be to standup and strike with this guy, I´ve been working hard with some of the best boxers in the nation and im evolving everyday and Im eager to get in the cage and score my first KO said an excited Hudock.

- (JH) The boys at the gym would love it.

- (JH) People look at me and think of a brownbelt wrestler, but Im going to change that picture against Cunha, I will look for that vicious KO.

- Cunha has not showed any good standup skills in his previous fights, Do you think he looks to take the fight to the ground?

- (JH) Yes, I think he will, but Im comfortable on the ground aswell, whatever road Cunha chooses he is going to endup motionless on the ground, while I celebrate being a champ.

Hudock will fight Cunha for the WW title at the Underground arena, NY 1st April.

Jon takes the DVD, which had been set on loop playing Hudock's interview, out of the machine attached to the 50 inch plasma inside Cunha's dressing room...chuckling to himself

Meanwhile, outside at ring side, a reporter pounces on Cunha as he leaves the ring...a thunderous expression on his face and with the belt around his waist...

Reporter: Mr Cunha, congratulations on your win! The belt suits you...do you have anything to say to your fans?

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17w28.jpg

Cunha: scowling at the reporter...then lifting his hands in the air and waving to the croud... Jess, keep faith. Tari will not let joo down!

Reporter: Your fight was over...more quickly than most expected...any comments?

Cunha: glancing into the ring at the medics helping Hudock to his feet... Dont let mouth make promise body cant keep! Bye

cutting off any further questions Cunha walks off towards his dressing room, the music of Chains playing through the auditorium...

IMMORTALS NY

FIGHT NIGHT V

April 4th, 2012

In the cult-classic movie, Fight Club, Brad Pitt and Ed Norton created a mega- following by simply giving people what they wanted….intense, physical, confrontation in a society where it’s normally considered taboo. In the same tradition, Peel Steel , and his staff at Immortals New York, offer the newest and most promising up-and-coming fighters in New York. From the legendary Underground, it’s Immortals NY’s “Fight Night V”!

Fight #1

Heavyweight

Bosko Brute (4-2) VS Harques Wolfwood (8-4)

Brute comes into the fight with slightly better boxing, wrestling, and bjj. His MT is leaps and bounds better than that of Wolfwood’s. On paper, this fight is a no-brainer. Hence, here’s the curve. Wolfwood has 7KO’s in 8 wins. Although 4 of those wins came early in Wolfwood’s career, you have to respect the potential power. Coincidentally, both of Brute’s losses were by KO, and the KO’s were brutally (get it..Brute..and brut-a-lly) issued by much less competent boxers than Wolfwood. In each of those losses, Brute bit the canvas early, which really brings Brute’s chin and noggin into question. I have to go against the numbers in this match, and give Wolfwood the nod. He needs this win, and he needs it by KO in order to secure his reputation as a dangerous boxer, otherwise he begins to slip into the pages of “what was”.

Fight #2

Lightweight

Kaseem Muang (3-1) VS Cory Smith (3-0)

Muang is an MT “ringer” with more experience and training time than Smith. Muang walks in with 3 wins by TKO, stopping 2 opponents with “cuts” and the other by “strikes”. His only loss was in a close decision to another MT stud in Vladimir Kirkland. Smith is a big-time boxer, walking in with 2 KO’s , one by KO and ironically the other by “knee”. He also has 3 “of the Night Awards” in as many fights. Thus it’s boxing VS MT. On the ground, they are both descent wrestlers but Muang has a slightly better bjj game. This one is going to end with goose-eggs and hemotomas!!! Muang has never fought such an accomplished boxer and Smith has never fought such an in-your-face MT stud. This fight will definitely define one of these fighters. I’m going with Smith due to the KO with a knee. It tells me he may have some secret weapons to compliment his hands. This has all the potential for “Fight of the Night”.

Fight #3

Welterweight

George Brown (2-2) VS Mark Walburg (2-2) ..minus the funky bunch

Both of these fighters need a win to boost their moral. Peel puts together an even fight with Brown having an edge in his boxing game, and Walburg having an edge in his MT game. Both fighters both have eaten 2 KO’s . Brown’s MT skills haven’t proven to be effective or of much concern as both of his wins came by submissions. Thus, inevitably, the ground game advantage that both fighters tend to rely on, goes to Walburg, who is a better wrestler and equal if not slightly better bjj artist. Being the older of the two fighters, Walburg looks to be a tad tougher and wiser so I’m calling it “Walburg by ground and pound or sub mission”.

Fight #4

Welterweight

Veljko Radovic (0-0) VS Ingmar Van Oeffelen (1-0)

Wow. Talk about opposites. Radovic has much better boxing and MT skills. He can put the hurt to an opponent in several different ways from several different angles. Oeffelen is a much more efficient wrestler and bjj artist. Oeffelen submitted his last opponent , Mike Fortin (who was very similar to Radovic), with an armbar in 3:48 seconds of the 1st Rd. I’m putting my Andrew Jacksons on Oeffelen due to the fact that he just came out on top in a very similar fight against a very similar opponent.

Fight #5

Featherweight

Nick Shields (0-0) VS Frank Gallagher (1-0)

Shield has apparently put all of his eggs into one basket, bjj. Obviously a Gracie fan, he’s counting on some kind, any kind of takedown in order to work the Gracie magic. Gallagher is a better boxer, and is a literal “monster truck” as a wrestler. He recently defeated Rodrigo Barbosa who sports great boxing skills, as well as superior wrestling skills to that of Shields. Gallagher took Barbosa to the mat and pounded him like a 2lbs package o’ chuck ending the fight with strikes!!! Thus, I think Shields is about to get a painful lesson in the art of sprawl and brawl. Sorry Royce!

Fight #6

Middleweight

Burbank Rocksalt (1-2) VS James Lyger(1-1)

Who was it that said, “One who fails to learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them”? Rocksalt has dropped his last two fights , both in the 1st minute of the 1st round. He has a bad habit of over-training and then gassing. From the looks of it, this fight will be no different. Lyger lost his first fight by “head kick” so he’s droppable. However, with both fighters being avid and equal wrestlers, this fight will definitively go to the mat and I’m afraid with no juice in his batteries, Rocksalt will go salt-peter and leave the cage and the fans “limp”. Yea..I went there!!

Fight #7

Featherweight

Ryan Chavez (1-0) VS Aadilou Ankutse (0-0)

This fight should be a lot like a Kardasian’s date with a spots star, an easy in and out! Chavez has a better all -around standing game , and if it should go to the mat, Chavez almost equals Ankutse’s skill there too. With one fight/win under his belt, Chavez should hold his own and go to 2-0.

Fight #8

Super Heavyweight

Big Tub O’ Lard (0-1) VS Daniel John (0-0)

I know Roy “Big Country” Nelson, and you Big Tub O….you are no Roy “Big Country” Nelson. Lard comes into this fight with a rather embarrassing performance during his last outing where he basically gassed just walking up to the cage! Lard was cut and KO’ed by Julien Touret in 48 seconds of the first round. Now, by all definitions, Touret is a “so-so” boxer. Daniel John, literally has 3 times the boxing skill of Touret. Lard’s ONLY chance to pull a win out of this fight is to bumb-rush Daniels, get him to the mat, wear him down, and go for a sub. Well, that or just eat him! Whichever. I see Daniels opening up Lard like an old oil can, and making a mess of the canvas to end it by cut or KO.

Fight #9

Welterweight

Charlie Jah (1-1) VS Terry Lyndon (0-2)

This fight is a tough one to predict. Jah is coming off of an impressive win over Henry Alvarez who had descent, but very similar MT and wrestling skills to Lyndon. Jah owns the ground in this battle, but he’ll have to find a way to stay out of Lyndon’s clinch in order to improve his record to 2-1. Lyndon must land some intimidating shots using his MT skills to keep Jah at bay and to punish him in every clinch. I see Jah being the aggressor, angling for a clinch, and then pulling guard to submit Lyndon. Lyndon is def the underdog in this one.

Fight #10

Welterweight

Silvio Celantano (0-1) VS KC Storm (0-1)

A fight to see the light. One fighter will emerge with new hope, while the other will sink further into frustration. Both fighters are 0-1 after losing their last fights to opponents who are moving up and doing well. Celentano sports excellent boxing skills, but was man-handled on the mat in his loss to Bogi Barera whose a more all-around fighter. Storm, who fancies himself as a MT guy, lost to guess who? Yep….a boxer! Storm ingested a lot o’ leather as John Monroe (now 3-0) tee’d off and put Storm on the canvas at 45 seconds of Rd 1. Storm’s MT proved to be totally ineffective and thus will garner no respect from a boxer like Celentano. Storm has to take Celantano down, and keep him down looking for a sub. I see Storm looking to clinch as if his life depends on it ( and it may , not to mention his new bridgework from the last fight fist he ate) and trying to take this to the ground where he holds a definite edge in wrestling and bjj. I think Storm will find the clinch, and thus improve to 1-1.

Well, that’s it. This was Dean Holliday for Immortal NY’s “Fight Night Preview”. As always, this preview is ONLY my opinion and I’ can’t wait for some of you guys to prove me wrong. Good luck on the 4th, and we’ll see you at the fights!

• Upvote 1

Hudock´s big night ends in nightmare

Team Ramirez boss Jeff faced the press outside Camp Ramirez headquarters, the day after Hudock being brutaly KOed by Cunha in INY TUF1.

- (Press) How is Hudock?

- (JR) Hudock is bruised up, but fine. said Ramirez

- (Press) Are you supriced with the outcome of the fight?

- (JR) Both yes and no. Cunha is a tough SOB, with a great management. But I thought Hudock was ready and we had a good gameplan for him. He started the fight great, dominating the standup, getting the TD, unfortunatly he got abit eager on the ground and ended up unconcious.

- (Press) Whats next for Jack?

- (JR) He will start train again later this week. We will sit down with the Immortal bosses and hopefully hammer out a new improved deal, after that we take it from there.

- (Press) So he will stay with the Immortal org?

- (JR) Ofcourse. I cant think of anything else. Jack will stay and earn a rematch with Cunha.

• Upvote 1

265 Plus TUF

4 rounds of Combat league with 10pts a win.

Each team member will have 4 fights in the league format, after which a 4 man elimination tourney will take place, resulting in the crowning of a new world champion.

The winning team will split $50,000, and $50,000 will be split between all managers that have their fighters complete their 4 fight contracts. We understand that this means even if a managers fighter goes 0-4 he could still split $50k 8-10 ways, and $50k 16-20 ways, and Steel is paying the manager not the fighter these bonuses so releasing the fighter during the competition is not only detrimental to the team but to the managers finances. Just picking up one win could see a fighters team to victory, and some useful funds for financing future fighters.

The idea is to promote the better managers HAVING to step in and advise the noobs because doing so could help earn some dollar. Secondly, new managers learn, and still come out of the experience with some money.

It started with 20 fighters, 1 is already a FA, and 2 guys fight on the 4th April. It is looking like 3 guys are out of this due to FA or inactivity already.

It is rest week for the fighters, the next round will be scheduled on Saturday for the end of April.

Im open to discussion on the odd numbers, it is after all you, the managers tourney.

TUF 1 & 170lb World Title Recap - by Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA

Evening fight fans. Last night we witnessed the crowning of the new 170lb world champion in Brazilian bad ass Tari ‘Anaconda’ Cunha. He demolished genuine top class opposition in Jack ‘The Preacher’ Hudock to send a warning to the 170lb division, that this guy will take some beating and is the real deal.

While Cunha is certainly a fearsome foe for any fighter, he is without charisma, and is unlikely win many friends with his petulance and lack of respect for anyone.

As expected Jack Hudock and manager Ramirez showed real class in their post fight interview and vowed to return stronger. I wish them all the best.

The questions is, can anyone beat Cunha, will George St Pierre win his eliminator with Donald Stewart? The problem is, Cunha is beating the ground specialists at their own game. It might take someone capable of keeping it standing to test Cunha’s chin, but so far no one has been successful at keeping this beast from Brazil at bay.

To make matters worse, Cunha is managed by non other than Jon Boogie, so it will take a special fighter to capture this title now it is firmly in the Boogie camp.

Last night also saw the start of the 265+ combat league TUF style tourney so lets recap how the night went.

(TC)Lebedev vs (TS)Bradley – Team Crixus took 10 pts here, as the younger brother of 265lb superstar Yuri, took down and battered Bradley, in a style normally accustomed to Cunha himself. We also discover young Lebedev has KO power, so god help you all!

(TC)Jones vs (TS)Kowski – Jones, a Troy Melton fighter and wonderful wrestler is rocked and stopped in a real shock here as the emerging management skills of Jimmy Da Jet see Kowski to a sensational victory that will send shock waves through the management fraternity. 10 pts to Team Spartacus, and well done the Jet Camp.

(TC)Cabeltown vs (TS)Sheet – Predictably Sheet got 10pts for Team Spartacus here, Sheet got the takedown as predicted and finished it quickly. Sheet doesn’t even have to skip training.

(TC)Radden vs (TS)Revis – Big grudge match ends quickly as Radden demolishes Revis in probably the fastest KO in Immortals history and wins the KO of the night award. Team Crixus 10pts and team captain Andy Wright leads by example.

(TC)Fontes vs (TS)Rowe – Fontes and Rowe batter each other for 3 rounds to earn the fight of the night award with Fontes taking a decision win. Rowe has heart though and will be back. 10pts to Team Crixus.

(TC) Hotop vs (TS) Nunn – Hotop a superb boxer KO’s Nunn a BJJ Brown Belt with a super man punch. Manager Kurt Edge like Da Jet is starting to become a force as his charge copes well with Nunn’s takedowns and in true ‘Lights Out’ style sends Nunn back to the dressing room to a very frustrated Pat Miletich. Team Crixus 10 pts.

(TC)Thomas vs (TS)Vela – As predicted Thomas keeps it standing and kicks the life out of Vela’s legs. Good tactical performance from Thomas who earns 10 points for Team Crixus.

(TC)Ulrich vs (TS)Bartley –Ulrich is a superb wrestler and Bartley a remarkable boxer. Ulrich secures the takedowns and dominates Bartley in impressive fashion. Manager Johansson is another manager starting to produce some good performances from his fighters. Another 10pts for Team Crixus.

(TC)Riggs vs (TS)Abdullah –Riggs a proficient boxer against Abdullah with respectable Muay Thai and wrestling. Abdullah takes Riggs down and gets submitted by Riggs pretty much immediately, and another 10pts to Team Crixus and Sub of the night to Riggs.

So there we have it, the night ended with Team Crixus on 70 pts and off to the after party and Team Spartacus on 20 pts, and most of them in hospital.

Can Team Spartacus bounce back at the end of April, or just take out better health insurance?

Richie