Immortals New York

Steel

Ryo had this to say on the matter.

It wasn't as much wanted the fight. I love to fight. I fight near enough weekly, twice this week in fact. He called out a top 10 LHW. I came and answered. I'll show up, do my thing and go on my travels again leaving the Immortal fans to wonder why there champion was even in the top 10. Hes 35, i have heard he likes to be called Randy. Captain America. After this they are only one other person i want to get my hands on. Mr Scotty Bennett, If Danza doesn't deal with you first. It will be my pleasure. Teddy, it shall be fun.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1335521283godnnedimm.jpg

INY 99 Vieri vs Blaze

Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA talks Immortals with the great Taco Bueno.

Richie “A stacked card this weekend with Hall of Famer Erkki Vieri headlining the card against the experienced Tyson Blaze who has gone 2-0 in the INY since dropping all the way down from 185.”

Taco “Yes he has beaten Speed and VK to set this fight up, and he has shown throughout his career that his Muay Thai has to be respected, as 14 Kos in 18 wins testifies. He is 18-9 and a former Eternal Rivals lightweight champ and he made 4 title defences there, and it seems his big mistake was going to 185, where he went 2-6!”

Richie “So you think he has a chance against Vieri? Vieri just gets those takedowns so easy and he is brutal on the ground. The way he handled Henderson, who many thought would cause him problems, was awesome, and Blaze has 9 losses on his record.”

Taco “Just saying, Blaze is something like 11-3 at 155, so I think he will give Erkki a great argument, thats all, but I expect Erkki to get to him by the 3rd round.”

Richie “Kalashnikov vs Khan, these two strikers hit like freights trains and its got the added spice of Mattos sending in Khan to avenge the two losses Velasquez had to Kalashnikov this year. Kalashnikov is 16-7 with 16KOS and Khan 11-2 11Kos so this isn’t going to the final bell!”

Taco “Khan lost to Oath last time but he went the distance and showed real resolve spending 5 rounds on his back with big Oath crawling over him, so Khan might have the chin to trade with Kally and get the job done.”

Richie “Kallashnikov is just so unpredictable, those 2 losses to Soham, and dropping that decision to Bo, really stand out on his record. But having said that, the Janne Camp are really up for this and I think the God of War will smash Khan in under a round.”

Richie “OK, Dixon vs Speed, two guys with real title aspirations. Dixon came up short in his eliminator with Camacho, but wins over Youngblood and Ventura showcased his dynamic ground game, and his unstoppable takedowns. This is a fight that Speed has to keep standing if he is going to get the win. “

Taco “Yeh, but Speed has good history against grapplers, he took out Rory with ease and he beat Alldren, yeh, I know Dixon is a different level again, but Speed knows what to expect and the Agent Dee camp have vast experience. Speed tends to struggle at times against the elite strikers with big power, but I think he will go well in this fight and surprise a few people.”

Richie “Well, Im going with Dixon by decision, he will get the takedowns and grind out the win.”

Richie “Next up is the talented but under achieving Stenkov, who is jumping in the deep end against the murderous punching Velasquez, who is coming off back to back KO losses to Kalashnikov.”

Taco “Velasquez is 12-2 12 Kos and looked awesome until he ran into Kally, so he has a lot to prove here, because a solitary win over Bo doesn’t mean shit in the Immortals.”

Richie “Stenkov is 7-6 and was 0-4, but he has won his last 3, so maybe this time he can repay the Rebel camps faith in him and get a career changing win. He has good chin, good hands and he is really effective in the clinch. A win over a big name fighter like Velasquez and a camp like Mattos would be a real coup for Stenkov.”

Taco “Yeh, two solid strikers colliding in a cross roads fight, Stenkov looking for the breakthrough win, and Velasquez has to prove his record is genuine and Kally hasn’t exposed a fundamental flaw that might threaten his ambition to compete with the elite of the sport.”

Richie “That aside Taco, I’m backing Velasquez to bounce back and bang Stenkov out.”

Richie “OK Taco let’s run through the undercard, with a pick em and why. Here we go:

Lyons vs Alldren.”

Taco “Ground war, got to back my boy Rory Lyons, former 2 org world champ, but Alldren is similar to Rory, they both struggle against strikers. Lyons getting cut worries me, but I expect an awesome ground battle. Alldren is undefeated in his last 2 and took out Ji, so watch this one INY fans.”

Richie “Muakbar vs Saunders.”

Taco “Muakbar comes to bang, heavy hands 14 Kos in his 20 wins, so I’m thinking Joe will mix it up, maybe look for takedowns. Joe is 14-11 13Kos and one of the most fun fighters to ever grace the Immortals cage so expect fireworks either way. Literally anything could happen here, but I think Muakbar will catch Joe and put him away. But I hope I’m wrong because I am a big Joe Saunders fan.”

Richie “Morgan vs Kersikov.”

Taco “Morgan is coming in off back to back title fight defeats, but this guy is a world class striker, but his takedown defense will be tested against the undefeated Kersikov. Well, Kersikov hasn’t tasted defeat, and like his brother Vlad, I don’t expect him to entertain the fans, just get takedowns and ground out a decision win.”

Richie “Troeman vs Kowski.”

Taco “Troeman likes to strike at range and Kowski land takedowns and use his ground and pound. Kowski is 7-9 and struggling and I don’t think he will be able to impose his game plan enough to trouble Troeman who has the power, 9 Kos to date, to finish this in spectacular fashion.”

Richie “King vs Melo.”

Taco “King 12-4 10 Kos likes to stand and bang, and has smashed the journeymen in the division, aside of Zayeed, who seems to carry a blade when they fight! Melo is with his 4th manager and just moved camps to New York and reports are that he is looking good. Both are strikers, both have KO power, I just think Melo is a different class.”

Richie “OK, opening the night we have the enigmatic Zayeed Abdullah vs Robert Hunt, I think the fans turn out just to see that crazy arab!”

Taco “Zayeed has a decent clinch game and good elbows, but that aside, he is crap, and Hunt 8-10 needs to fight at range and use his boxing. Hunt’s chin doesn’t look good 8-10 8Ko losses, so it’s a question of whether Zayeed can get to him, because Zayeed is most effective up close. Look, these two guys have glaring holes, but it’s a great match up and its down to game plan. As bad as these guys are, Immortals fans, do not miss this one!”

• Upvote 7

MMA USofA Richie Ciapelli talks Immortals.

“Evening Immortals fans, this weekend is stacked for the Immortals with the Supercard on Saturday and the Special Event headlined by the Hate Match of the year.

But first....

The 31 year old Ryo Narushima is a global superstar, and, when he enters the Immotals cage on Saturday night he will be the highest profile fighter to ever to grace this organisation. With a record of 37-9 with 29 KO’s, the ‘Parent Killer’ has held World Titles in 3 weight divisions and 6 organisations. A former pound for pound kingpin the big punching Sutherland fighter is on a 3 fight win streak in EVO, and will look to extend his unbeaten run when he takes on the veteran Immortals World Light Heavyweight Champion ‘Mayhem’ Ted Strongham 22-3 17 KOS, in a non title superfight. The 35 year old Strongham, himself a world champion in 3 different organisations won the Immortals Gold with an upset decision win over Bobby Lee Daniels, but he silenced his doubters with a devastating 14 second head kick win over Daniels 3 months later. Last months 1st round demolition of number one contender Miguel Camacho, who entered the cage unbeaten, led to the Hunter Jones camp feeling that Ted, at 35, wanted to see if he could mix with the pound for pound greats, the EVO legends. Ryo Narushima answered the call, with his next EVO opponent recovering from a tough fight, ‘the Parent Killer’ sees ‘Mayhem’ as merely a warm up fight before serious business resumes. On Saturday night ‘Mayhem’ Ted Strongham steps into the Immortals cage. He carries the hopes of his family, the Hunter Jones camp, the Immortals Organisation, and numerous alliances around the world, as one of our own, an Immortal, Ted Strongham takes on the Convicted Alliances EVO Superstar, the one and only Ryo Narushima!!!!!!”

• Upvote 3

INY Special Oath Vs Marciano

Richie Ciapelli MMA USofA: “There are but a few rivalries in the world of MMA as hostile and hate fuelled as the animosity between Chris Karter and Stu Pidasol. It seems the combative Aussie, Stu Pidasol considers the Karter camps success is founded on selective match making to put it politely, and has publicly slandered Karter and his Convicted Alliance members on numerous occasions. The opportunity to crush a Convicted Alliance legend in Don Marciano on the world stage, with MMA fans all too aware of what this means to his camp and his alliance, is a mouth watering prospect. Ken Oath is only 27 years of age, but he’s already 19-5 with 18 Kos and has held world titles in 3 organisations. Currently on an 8 fight unbeaten run including 4 successful defences of the Immortals World Title, the well rounded Oath, with arguably the most powerful takedowns in the Immortals, carries the burden of expectation of millions of fans tired of the domination on the global scene of the Convicted Alliance.

Chris Karter of the Convicted Alliance is regularly ranked the World’s Best Manager, he currently manages 11 world champions, is known globally as the KO King, and is famed for his immense self- confidence, and passion for unleashing a stream of excellence on his opposing managers. Outspoken, arrogant, self obsessed, frequently stoned, some might say your typical American, but the key difference with Chris Karter, which sets him aside from his brethren, is Karter is an intelligent man, and this anomaly in the American hero may be crucial in this epic grudge match.

Tasked with defending the Honor of the Karter camp and the Convicted Alliance, is 6 org world champion, and former pound for pound king, ‘The Godfather’ Don Marciano!

Fight pundits are questioning whether the 33 year old Marciano who at 41-11-2 with 36 Kos, is on the decline. Marciano is 3-5 in recent outings but let us remember he is fighting in EVO, the UFC of Tycoon Universe, and has been fighting guys like Oath for years.

November 10 2013, could well be the last time Don Marciano fights in an MMA cage, and what a way to exit the sport. Having spent so many years in the spotlight it is quite fitting that he represents his illustrious camp in the grudge match of the year, his final fight being the one that crushes the Stu Pidasol camp once and for all.

In 3 days time, the trash talking ends, Ken Oath and Don Marciano will face each other in the Immortals cage. The Immortals world title is on the line, but something more important is at stake... bragging rights, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Karter vs Pidasol, the Hate Match!

• Upvote 2

Immortals Weekend Review

Richie “Evening MMA fans, I’m Richie Ciapelli of MMA USofA and I’m here with the great Taco Bueno, evening Taco, your looking well man, you recovered from the weekend? That was a brave show against Tyler.”

Taco “Yeh, I’m fine, and thanks, I gave it all I had but Tyler is the man, and he is dog tough.”

Richie “First up, the main event on the Supercard, the biggest event in Immortals history and the guest appearance of the EVO legend Ryo Narushima, taking on Ted Strongham.”

Taco “Poor Ted, that was a train crash, rabbit in the headlights, don’t think anyone thought he would freeze like that on the biggest night of his career.”

Richie “Yeh, I couldn’t bare to watch, and there is camera footage showing Hunter Jones with his head in his hands, such a shock, but Ted can bounce back from this, he is still the champion here, so he needs to repair his reputation, and fast.”

Taco “True, but at 35 all the young guns are coming for him, so he hasn’t much time, but I suppose making enough defences to warrant Hall of Fame has to be his aim now.”

Richie “Camacho bounced back by smashing Hayes, you know Camacho has beaten everyone but Strongham, but is he ready to take the title?”

Taco “Just needs time, he has the tools but what is he 26? I think Dixon or Daniels can do it, so the winner of their fight should give us the top contender, outside of Camacho. Daniels will want revenge for the freak KO, and their first fight was close.”

Richie “There were two other massive 5 rounders on the supercard with 170lb champ Nichi Hong dropping down to 155 to fight Hendo, and wow, did Hong get out of jail in that one.”

Taco “Yeh, I saw Mega later and he was livid, but it was an awesome fight and it won fight of the night, so its gonna be interesting to see of these two want to do it again.”

Richie “You must have been delighted to see Brandao beat Kersikov, and he did it in style, beat the former champ at his own game too.”

Taco “Brandao is the best striker in the middleweight division and he proved it against jelly hands himself. That win, almost made up for me getting battered by Tyler!”

Richie “Sykloni had a solid win over Arthanier, thats a good win for Sami who cant be far off getting a title shot.”

Taco “Yeh Sykloni is quality, beating a Hunter Jones fighter is always tough, and Arthanier is one of the brightest prospects in the Immortals. Saturday night really sucked for the Hunter camp.”

Richie “Mac won again, this time it was Noir who got the beat down, and Mac looks a tough proposition for anyone at 145.”

Taco “Roman Kersikov is 7-0, he looks a great fighter, if Mac beats him, then Mac Jackson has to go Hall of Fame in my book.”

Richie “Other fights on the undercard, if you can call it that as the card was so strong, well Youngblood, I didn’t see that coming did you, La Fontier is 9-6 with some losses by KO, who would have thought Matt with all his experience would get caught like that?”

Taco “Yeh, massive shock, Youngblood hasn’t been the same since the Melton camp folded, I really hope he can get himself back on track because when he was in the NAF he was awesome.”

Richie “Immortals is tough for sure, if you are gonna mix with the Narushima’s of this world, you have to be able to hold your own here. Rufus Speed, Taco, if that guy had a chin he would be dynamite.”

Taco “Yeh, he can do it all, and he totally outclassed Polunu, but your right, Hendo and Blaze both tagged him and he went down, so the jury is still out, but he did look good against Polunu. It wasn’t just the Hunter camp that had a bad night Saturday, Speedy Gonzaitev’s camp had a nightmare also.”

Richie “It was nice to see VK back in action, two Hall of Famers, VK and Wellman Jnr, and as expected VK got the decision.”

Taco “Yeh, but like you say Richie, it was expected. I think VK needs a big win, he is training in the Kint camp and that guy won’t settle for mediocrity and VK hasn’t beaten a contender now for nearly 4 years. Sure he can beat the average grapplers in the division, but one of the elite guys, we will have to see.”

Richie “Sunday night was the INY Special headlined with Oath taking on the veteran superstar Don Marciano, it was short, but what a fight!”

Taco “Marciano stunned everyone with that knockdown, but Oath showed loads of heart, and he looked a man in his prime as he overpowered Marciano who seemed to realise he was done for once Oath got the inevitable take down. Oath is a killer on the ground, who can beat this guy? With what he did with Marciano, I think he would smash Kyle Carlton.”

Richie “Agree with you there, this is a rare case of an EVO champ actually being the underdog if the Immortals champ faced the EVO kingpin.”

Richie “There were some great performances on this card, Brown looked immense, he demolished Larsson, his striking was world class and he stuffed the takedown real easy, but the shock for me was Peitexeira getting the KO over Vadim Kalashnikov, didn’t see that coming.”

Taco “Me neither, Peitexeira has amazing power, but he is limited, but when he finds the target, its good night! Ramirez got so drunk he got thrown out of a tittie bar at 5am, never seen that guy so pleased with one of his guys. “

Richie “Other notable mentions, good win for Helmer, Clasie needs to get a win and fast, Sagdiyev looks to have finally found his feet in the Immortals, thats two good wins back to back, and Renninger beat Malone, Renninger is a guy I think can do big things here.”

Taco “I see Gab’s chin failed him again, this time against Portier, not sure where Gab can go from here? Oliva had way too much power for Chambers, you know Oliva has freakish KO power, he just is so limited, real shame that Richie.”

Richie “And opening the card was Von Hammer, who is always in fun fights, this time kicking his ass was Pereira, who got the 2nd round TKO. All told a great night and a great weekend of action in the Immortals.

Thats it fight fans, this is the Immortals and....goodnight.”

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13803121273862.png

"First off I want to say sorry it took so long to release my press-release after the fight. When a mans dream is stripped from right underneath him it can take a few days to chase out the demons and regain your sanity.

I also want to apologize to my management for my poor preformance. It was not that I didn't try my best but that Ryo deservs all the fame and glory he has. He made me look bad and I can't take anything away from him.

The dude hits like a truck, oh wow. That is the first real KO loss I've ever had in my life. This might sound like my resignation but I sure you it's not. I still have my immortals title and still have a lot of fight left in me. I might not the top 10 p4p

in the world but I'm no pushover! you want this belt? you come take it! and if you succeed than maybe your name belongs among the great ones. Until then! I'll keep what is mine and I'll keep knocking out people left and right... STILL!.

Thank you immortals for hooking up the superfight for me. It's been a life long dream. I didn't ge my ending but I got to fight the best and for now, that's enough."

• Upvote 3

Immortals Press Release

Immortals PR Executive Michelle Castanbleu addresses the media hordes at INY Headquarters New York.

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for making time to attend today’s press conference.

In the last few days, Mr Steel has been in Toronto at the camp headquarters of Cause McDubree. Mr McDubree’s camp are one of the longest established fight camps in Canada, and with an opp rank of 238, also one of the most respected, not just in his native Canada, but on the world scene.

After the closure of extensive negotiations the Immortals are delighted to announce that 3 org, 2 weight world champion, Leandro ‘Beastly’ Alves, will fight Tyler Richards on November 29. Alves is 26-13, with 18 wins by submission. The fight is 5 rounds in the middleweight division and is not for Tyler’s world title.

Mr Steel will continue to bring the most exciting MMA talent in the world to the Immortals cage. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Immortals.”

• Upvote 5

INY 102 Vieri vs Xiii

“Ladies and gentleman, fighters and the Kersikov family, I am Taco Bueno, model, fighter, writer, movie star, but tonight your host for INY 102.

Erkki Vieri is a living legend, the most dominant fighter in the history of the Immortals, he has crunched every challenger for his lightweight title, and its unlikely he is going to have much trouble this weekend. The recent beatdowns he put on Tyson Blaze and Mike Henderson suggest he is just getting better and better, and pound for pound greatness is not out of the question in the years to come.

Wedge Xiii challenges for the title off the back of a 4 fight unbeaten run, which is all the more impressive when you consider he was on a 4 fight losing streak prior to this turnaround in form. Wedge is a world class wrestler, with serious ground and pound, but he has never beaten a fighter of the calibre of the champion. Vieri wont fear the ground and pound of Xiii, because I figure he will be smash the challenger with his striking inside the 1st round. Long live King Erkki!

Daniels vs Dixon

The fight for the right to challenge the coffin dodger of the light heavies, Ted Strongham. Daniels vs Dixon is an eliminator, with the butt ugly but talented and well rounded former champion Bobby Lee Daniels looking to get back in title contention. Daniels lost his title to old Ted by decision but then got sparked in 14 seconds in the rematch, and was stretchered from the cage and was unconscious for 2 weeks, during which he had to wear a diaper. So, Lee Daniels is back, he beat a great wrestler in Valentine, to set up this clash with Joey Dixon. For Dixon, wins over Speed, Ventura and Youngblood has earned the respect of the Immortals faithful, but he lost a previous eliminator to Camacho nearly a year ago, so this fight is crucial. His camp boss Jeff Ramirez has secured a Visa, which was in question after his arrest last month after an altercation in lap dancing bar, so he will be cage side for arguably the most important fight of the year. Lee Daniels will probably want to keep it standing, as tactically the Janne Camp are top class operators. Dixon has the ground game and BJJ to control the action on the ground, so it’s going to be a tactical battle. Lee Daniels may have the charisma of a brick, and the looks of bull dogs arse, but he can handle wrestlers, and I look to the Valentine fight as the indicator that Lee Daniels will get the job done.

Although I hope Dixon wins.

Speed vs Harunodo

Speed is another great fighter from the Finn Fighters, this time Agent Dee, and he was on the wrong end of split decision against Dixon last time out. Speed is a striker 18-8 13 Kos and he is having his 12th fight in the Immortals, and he has faced nothing but the best opposition including Camacho, Winnfield, Hayes, Ventura, Alldren, the list just goes on. Speed, hasn’t been able to get the job done in the really big fights, against the really top guys. Let’s remember, if the split decision had gone in his favour, if he had stuffed maybe one more of Dixon’s takedowns, he could be in the co-main. He didn’t so now he is facing a young striker, with fight ending KO power, as Harunodo is 15-10 with 14 KO wins. Harunodo’s main weakness is his ground game, but Speed has never shown any interest in developing an offensive ground game, so we can expect a striking match. Speed has 13 KO’s to his name, so he carries a dig of his own, so this will come down to durability, and Speed may have the edge. Both these guys have lost to Winnfield who has dynamite in his hands, and Speed went the distance but Harunodo was stopped early. I’m swaying in favour of Speed because of his experience, only Camacho has stopped him in recent years, but I think this could end early, and it could go either way.

Valentine vs Winnfield

Two great fighters coming here off losses, Valentine dropped a decision to Lee Daniels, and Winnfield to Hayes. Valentine 14-7-1 13 Kos is wrestler with brutal ground and pound, that has to get the takedowns, and in this fight against a notorious banger like ex champ Winnfield 17-8 13 Kos, he will have to get the takedown early and beat Jules up quickly. Jules has a lot of scar tissue which opens up real easy, so he knows he must put Valentine away early or he could be opened up like a can of tinned tomatoes. It’s a dangerous fight for both guys, Valentine could get KTFO and Jules could bleed out. Winnfield starts the favourite, but I think Valentine can pull off the shock, he just might have the tools to get that early, fight deciding takedown.

Lyons vs Feitsora

Rory Lyons 15-7 has become a gatekeeper to the upper echelons of the light heavyweight division, and the submission fighter now faces INY debutant Feitsora. Feitsora 9-3 6 Kos comes to the INY from GAMMA and brings K1 class Muay Thai, which compliments an awesome striking offense. Both these guys are BJJ black belts, however whereas Rory is well known as an offensive BJJ fighter. I think Feitsora will not want to roll with Rory, but instead the Davy Jones managed prospect will look to control, force a stand up and look to cut Rory up with his striking.

Feitsora knows a win over Lyons is just the beginning, but Lyons should offer a good test. I think Feitsora will have the skills to keep it standing often enough to force a stoppage, and I think cuts will come into play in this one. Expect a brutal bloody war, but Feitsora will prevail.

OK Immortals fans, let’s run through the undercard:

Fontes vs Bradley

Fontes has great Muay Thai, and fearsome KO power, but Bradley is well rounded, and will look to take this fight to the ground where he has the advantage and should finish proceedings. Bradley starts the favourite but Fontes has a punchers chance, and it really depends on his takedown defence, but I’m going with Bradley, who is having his last fight in the INY. We wish him well, his whole career has been in the Immortals, so all the best Bison Bradley!

Komodo vs Dietrich

Two hard hitting strikers collide in what should be a kick boxing exhibition. Both have KO power, and both have been stopped. Dietrich is from the Assasi camp, and experienced above average camp affiliated to a mediocre alliance. Komodo has the chin and power to cause Dietrich problems, but I see Dietrich staying on the outside, though I would love to see these two have clinch war, a real mano a mano fight in a phonebooth!

While Komodo is a step up in class for Dietrich, I’m backing Dietrich to win.

Abdullah vs Melo

Abdullah has been quiet lately. His early career was a succession of controversial incidents with hookers, trannies, goats, recreational drugs, and steroids. He was named Gay Arab Monthly, Man of the Year for 2012, but was later banned from fighting for 6 months after failing a routine urine test, when his test tube contained goat piss. Those problems aside, Abdullah can fight, he has KO power, he is 11-10 10 Kos and has good elbows in the clinch. Abdullah always comes to fight, but in Melo 7-3 6Kos he faces had hard nosed Brazilian who will meet him head on. Melo has a lot to prove, he is in his 4th fight camp, but he should have too much skill and power for Abdullah, and I think he will finish Abdullah inside 2 rounds. An Abdullah win would be a catastrophy for Melo.

Ziemski vs Arboleda

Veteran Submisson artist Ziemski a BJJ Black belt 11-11 11 subs, takes on journeyman striker Arboleda 8-7. Ziemski has 6 losses by KO but Arboleda just 1 KO win, so while the fight is standing, I question whether Arboleda can hurt Ziemski. For this reason, I think Ziemski will be able to strike with Arboleda long enough to get the takedown and force a tap out.

Rowe vs Brown

Rowe is on a 7 fight losing streak. Interestingly, the last fighter Rowe 5-14 with 8 KO losses, beat was managed by the famous Rory Daly, yes, one of the worst fighters ever to sleep in the Immortals cage, the one and only, totally inept , Joey Riggs!!

Brown 8-5, is 1-3 in the INY, but he has faced Peitexeira, Irving Brown and Dietrich. Brown is a boxer with a BJJ Brown belt and he should get a much needed, and easy confidence building win here, and I don’t think this will go a round. Brown by KO, Rowe winning is about as likely as Vlad Kersikov entertaining fight fans, isn’t happening guys!

OK, that's it, enjoy the night Immortals fans, I’m the insatiable Taco Bueno, and this is the Immortals, good night!”

• Upvote 4

INY 103 Alves vs Richards

Richie “Evening fight fans, The Janne Camp having been a force in the Immortals for a number of years, and have held world titles from 170 to 265. But there is one fighter that stands out, and that is the Hall of Famer, Tyler Richards who has already made 8 successful defences of the middleweight crown on his way to a record of 23-6. With the middleweight division looking to establish a dominant contender after Taco Bueno’s recent defeat and semi retirement, Tyler has gone in search of new challenges. ‘Mr Hammerstorm’ has the most brutal ground and pound in the division, lethal submissions off his back, and a striking game that allows him to hang with the best strikers in the division until that inevitable takedown.

Leandro Alves 26-13 with 18 submissions, is a 32 year old veteran who has mixed with the best in the business for years. A high level BJJ Black Belt, he has proven lethal when a fight goes to the ground, and recent wins over Robins, Inc and a 2-1 exchange with Pedro Bueno has proven Alves still has the motivation to compete with the worlds best.

I am joined here tonight by Taco Bueno, writer, fighter and film star. Taco, Richards vs Alves, how do you see this?”

Taco “I’m excited about this fight, because for the first time since Tyler went to the ground with Rory Lyons all those years ago in Amsterdam, he is facing a pure BJJ specialist, a guy who will want to roll with Tyler.”

Richie “Tyler’s striking has been improved in recent fights, and he has shown heavy hands, so can we expect him to look to keep this standing?”

Taco “That’s what I am wondering, Alves just doesn’t lose ground wars, but his hole is his striking, so Tyler will look to land those heavy hands and wear Alves down. Alves is gonna be dangerous in the first two rounds and it could spell trouble for Tyler.

It’s gonna be an awesome fight, and I don’t see it going the distance. I’m rooting for Tyler, but Alves has the pedigree to win this.”

Richie “Kally versus Zetsu, pitches two of the heavyweight divisions KO artists up against each other. Both these former champions are guys that have come up short in title fights against Oath, and both have suffered at the hands of Genghis Khan.”

Taco “Zetsu really needs this one, he hasn’t impressed for a couple of years since he beat Ferreira and then Soham Roy. He has beaten Clasie and Burton as you would expect but this is his first fight against another top flight guy outside of those two, Oath and Khan, so it’s a huge night for him.

Kally is slightly different, his two wins over Velasquez show he still belongs in the elite, and I think he will be more comfortable coming into this fight, so it depends on his consistency.

Both these guys have world class stand up, but I give the edge to Kally, just, but I won’t be surprised if Zetsu looks for the takedown. The Blunts camp are a highly regarded outfit so don’t be surprised if they mix it up here, they will know what Kally brings for sure.

I’m backing Kally to get the KO, and then look to avenge his defeat to Khan.”

Richie “Henderson vs Hong at 145, is an immediate rematch after a contentious draw at INY 100, when many fans thought Henderson had done enough.”

Taco “Credit to Hong though, he signed for the rematch straight away, so he must feel he can raise his game and get a clear victory this time.”

Richie “Are we to expect another high volume striking match? Henderson does look for takedowns but Hong has no history of wanting a ground battle.”

Taco “Hendo may look to score points with takedowns, but Hong will want to keep it standing. I think it will go to the judges again, Hong has a great chin, but he hasn’t stopped an opponent in years so I don’t think he can stop Hendo. For me, Hendo being more experienced will give him an edge and get him the decision, but I expect every round to be fiercely contested.”

Richie ”OK Taco, let’s run through the rest of the card, Brown vs Meyers?”

Taco “Brown, his boxing is world class, he has won his last 2 and he went 5 rounds before getting submitted by Tyler, so he wont be too intimidated by Meyers BJJ. If Meyers gets the early takedown then he could put Brown away, but I think Brown can put Meyers away in the 3rd.”

Richie”Hayes vs LaFontier, clash of strikers at 205”.

Taco “Hayes struggled against Camacho, but LaFontier isn’t Camacho, and Hayes has a decision win over Winnfield and he has stopped Youngblood too. While LaFontier is a younger guy, Hayes will have seen how he handled Youngblood at INY 100, so he knows this is a tough fight against one of the best boxers to ever convert to MMA. Hayes 19-9 14 Kos has been stopped 4 times whereas LaFontier 9-6 7Kos has 5 losses by KO. I don’t think either of these guys have great chins, but Hayes took Winnfield’s power so I think the Tosen managed fighter will prevail.”

Richie “Jackson vs Kersikov for the 145 title, this looks a really tough title defense for Mac?”

Taco “For sure, Kersikov is 7-0 and dominates guys when the fight hits the floor, and his camp are among the most experienced on the world scene. Mac is 16-5 and has elite wrestling but it will be his takedown defence that will be crucial against Kersikov, and if he can stuff enough takedowns and wear Kersikov down, he should take control in the championship rounds. It’s a fight for the purists, Mac is in with an elite level challenger from a camp with a history of being effective, while not necessarily entertaining.

The champion has a job to do, and it might not be pretty, but I do expect it to be a war of attrition.”

Richie “Ok Taco, can we quickly complete the remaining card? Arthanier vs Voda?”

Taco “Be interesting to see how Arthanier copes with such an accomplished ground fighter, and I think Voda will dominate with takedowns and grind out a decision. It’s Arthanier’s first real test against a grappler.”

Richie “Polunu vs Muakbar at 155?”

Taco “Polunu is 11-6, from a good camp and looks a solid all round fighter and I think he will out point Muakbar, by looking to score points at range. It’s down to Muakbar to bring it and test Polunu’s chin and get the KO, because I feel Gonzaitev will have Polunu show Muakbar a lot of respect.”

Richie “Aremis vs Holmes, contender vs journeyman?”

Taco “Aremis has lost his last two, but against solid guys and Holmes is a step down. Look Aremis can do it all, and I look to the Xu fight where he used his ground game to beat a striker, and Holmes has struggled on the ground. I like Aremis here, on points.”

Richie “Kowski vs Viceroy, can vs can?”

Taco “Kowski 7-10 and Viceroy 5-11, Kowksi dominated using his ground game when these two met nearly 2 years ago, and I expect Kowski to repeat the win, get regular takedowns and pound out a victory.”

Richie “OK fight fans that’s it from Taco and I, enjoy Tyler’s superfight against Alves.”

Taco “Just want to wish Oath all the best in his quest to become the worlds best heavyweight when he puts the heat on Carl Creel on December 4. “

Richie “Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Immortals and goodnight!”

• Upvote 5

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37a3.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Taco. I see my alliance mate The Antidote has moved gun SHW Irving Brown into MY Heavyweight division.

Prove your worth Brown and I will give you something you can tell your grand kids about.. You'll be able to say you had your face caved in by the great Ken Oath...