Immortals New York

Steel

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38w16.jpg

Kenrick "The Beast" Nikil

Another excerpt of the pre-fight press conference. This one with Kenrick Nikil

MMANet.org Reporter Joey DiSilva: Mr. Nikil, you have had a rough start over in the VFC losing two in a row and having a lackluster performance against Dutch Shultz. How well do you think you will fair against Rahziki Hendayko?

Kenrick Nikil: Well, Mike Commodore is a fantastically capable striker and he just overwhelmed me early on. I had never faced a guy with that good of standup skills before. Dillinger, well that fight could have gone the other way just as easilly. In fact it probably should have gone the other way, but that is another story. As far as Shhultz was concerned, well the guy is tougher then he looks and I was not 100% in that fight. I had injured my shoulder in training and was not really able to apply full power to my strikes. It was a win though and I'll take it. Now as far as Hendayko goes? This guy is a powerful striker but I am no rookie anymore. I am confident that I can get this fight to the ground and once there, Hendayko is in trouble. A better question should be can Hendayko stop the takedown.

Delroy Humes: You sound like you don't consider Hendayko a threat at all? Are you that sure that he cannot knock you out?

Kenrick Nikil: Hey, don't put words in my mouth. I respect Hendayko's stand up. The man has serious KO power. It is precisely because of the KO power that I know this fight needs to go to the ground. It is the most sure fire way of neutralizing his punching power. That said I am very confident that I will land the takedowns at some point and then it is my turn to do some damage. I took Justin Dillinger down at will in that fight and the only reason he was able to survive that fight was his own wrestling abilities. Which are much better than Hendayko's. Hendayko knows this already, He knows he has to keep it standing. If he gets his way, I lose. it's that simple. If I get my way? I just don't see how it could end any other way If I get my way. Hendayko will lose if it goes to the ground. Probably by KO.

Ricky Warner: Hendayko isn't like most other men you have faced in the cage. He is almost as big as you are. Don't you think that plays a factor in this?

Kenrick Nikil: What are you talking about? King Kong was 300 pounds when I fought him. Fight ended in the first round with me in mount pounding him out. Tim Miller? He was 285 when I fought him.... I only had 14 pounds on him. How'd that fight end? GnP KO first round with me in mount. Hendayko is not the first guy I have fought that was close to my weight. He is undoubtedly better than both the guys I fought in the QFC, but his weight has little to do with it.

I saw that too Mike. In fact that is why I was coming in here, just now. I was going to write up something about that.

So guys, it's official. The VFC is dead and buried. Kimmy come on closed the VFC and promtly left without saying boo. Many of us were signed to the VFC and we built up friendships, rivalries, and memories together. It will live fondly in our hearts and minds, but out of the ashes of the buring corpse, like the legendary Phoenix, rises a new organization. The Immortals New York. The name itself inspires thoughts of the Phoenix. It also conjures up images of epic fights, legendary warriors facing off against incredible odds and emerging victorious, and of honor. These things and many more are what we hope to achieve here in the Immortals New York. We have achieved impressive victories already. We have brought most of the VFC's active roster into the fold. We have earned an org rating of 81 after just one event. The VFC had a 100 after 25 events. We have another event this tomorrow and I expect that event to put us in the top 10 in New York (right now we sit at #12). There are great things on the horizon, my friends... now let's go get it. So grab your swords, don your armor, grab your shields, and let's go out there and conquer New York, then the rest of the world! This is our Manifest Destiny! Our Fate! Now let's take it, and woe to those who stand in our way! Victory, Honor, Integrity, and Glory, all ours for the taking! So what are we waiting for? Whoo Raa!

P.S. good luck to everyone fighting on the next event tomorrow night!

I saw that too Mike. In fact that is why I was coming in here, just now. I was going to write up something about that.

So guys, it's official. The VFC is dead and buried. Kimmy come on closed the VFC and promtly left without saying boo. Many of us were signed to the VFC and we built up friendships, rivalries, and memories together. It will live fondly in our hearts and minds, but out of the ashes of the buring corpse, like the legendary Phoenix, rises a new organization. The Immortals New York. The name itself inspires thoughts of the Phoenix. It also conjures up images of epic fights, legendary warriors facing off against incredible odds and emerging victorious, and of honor. These things and many more are what we hope to achieve here in the Immortals New York. We have achieved impressive victories already. We have brought most of the VFC's active roster into the fold. We have earned an org rating of 81 after just one event. The VFC had a 100 after 25 events. We have another event this tomorrow and I expect that event to put us in the top 10 in New York (right now we sit at #12). There are great things on the horizon, my friends... now let's go get it. So grab your swords, don your armor, grab your shields, and let's go out there and conquer New York, then the rest of the world! This is our Manifest Destiny! Our Fate! Now let's take it, and woe to those who stand in our way! Victory, Honor, Integrity, and Glory, all ours for the taking! So what are we waiting for? Whoo Raa!

P.S. good luck to everyone fighting on the next event tomorrow night!

Well said!

Big night tonight, nothing from my fighters but silence. Preparing for victories

Don't be all quiet. You are among the better writers in here when you sit down and write something up. The forums are getting kinda empty in here. Let's step it up. I need guys like you to write and post in here so that the others will be encouraged to do the same.

The roar of a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang comes to life, in the back seat is fighter Joe Lack and manager Shane Wellman as the leave the Legion of Spartans gym after Lack’s short light sparring session. In the front is Lack’s chauffer and Bob Jones of mmajunkie.com.

Jones: Lack what on your thoughts of Saadi Al Fayaad in this coming fight?

Lack: Its no different than any fight, I want to knock him out and show I’m the better fighter. He will try to clinch with me and throw knee’s. He won’t be able to do that when I’m throwing bombs at his face though. Hehehe

Jones: Interesting. What was the reason for your last loss Joe? It was very disappointing to say the least.

Lack: Weight problems. I screwed up my pills and ended up taking weight gain instead of weight loss and I came in three pounds overweight. I lost all my energy in the sauna, I had no energy to fight and went down quickly.

Jones: Do you believe you could win a rematch against Tiberio?

Lack: Most definitely I could win. He will see my true power tonight against Al Fayaad.

Jones shows a picture of Al Fayaad’s cut against Matt Suggs.

Lack: Hehe. I will do a lot worse than that to him. Winks

Wellman: Lack has true downtown power baby, he has also improved his ground game and just received his purple belt. Don’t question the record.

Jones: Oh alright mate I got you.

Chauffer: We are at Paddy’s sir.

Wellman: Good, go get warmed up Joe in the locker room. See ya later Mr. Jones, thanks for the sweet ride. Lack leaves and grabs his gloves, size XXL. The roar of the Mustang is heard all throughout Paddy’s as Jones leaves for the press parking lot.

Back at his home, Shane Wellman Junior logs onto Skype for his pre fight interview with an ESPN New York mma reporter.

Reporter: Hello Mr. Wellman, first question, how do you get ready for your fights?

Wellman: Well I walk from home to wherever the fight is, Paddy’s is only 2 miles away so I like to walk to get my focus.

Reporter: And how are you getting ready for Muang, the Muy Thai fighter your facing?

Wellman: Same way I got ready for Vlady Van Kirkland, he wants to throw kicks to wear me down, and clinch up and throw knee’s. I know how to stop that, I will have some surprise though for Kasem too.

Reporter: So is Kasem tougher or easier than Van Kirkland?

Wellman: Oh he’ll be tougher trust me, he has a lot more training than when I first took on Vlady.

Reporter: You lost your last two fights Shane, how do you avenge these losses?

Wellman: Well by beating Kasem first off, but then I must train much harder than my competitors, than destroy the winner of Tinsdell and Davis. Simple as that.

Reporter: What are your recent improvements coming into this fight?

Wellman: Checks time. Last question. I have improved my striking and defense a lot, Muang can’t beat me as easily as he thinks he can. Peace bitch. Shuts the laptop screen and leaves.

Rahziki Hendayko lays down on the couch in the locker room at Paddy’s. He has been ready for the fight since morning and is now relaxing. He already has his 5XL gloves on and know’s Nikil’s are around the same size. One difference is Hendayko’s says the “African Assassin” on one glove, and “Lights Out” on the other. Hendayko plays clips of Nikil’s fight against Mike Commodore and Tim Miller, looking for weak points in Nikil’s attack and defense. He knows Nikil want’s to take him down, but Hendayko has better BJJ than anyone thinks. Hendayko does not have an interview set up and prefers to relax before the fight and keep his comments to himself, but Hendayko laugh’s every time he see’s Commodore’s kicks break down Nikil’s knee’s.

Hendayko is gone, Lack will soon follow. Im holding on to Junior for a bit after I beat his ass. New fighter created, Im gunna hold off on having him sign for a while though. Train him up

I wouldn't cut them all lose man.... you faced really tough competition from Boogi who is just a machine. And I was just really lucky to get the takedowns and work that cut.... He is still salvagable. Lack is too.... I know how you feel though I almost did the same thing with Yaroslev after the last card, but now I think I will keep him around for awhile... maybe not in the Immortals, but I haven't decided what to do with him yet... He may be back after a few fights in the QFC and some intensive training. Don't let the losses get to you bud. You will be right back in the thick of it before you know it.

The Williams camp has issued a short statement regarding Harques' loss to Paterson.

Jolon Williams: This past loss was a tactical mistake, nothing more. Despite dominating the first round completely, Harques, for some reason beyond my comprehension, decided to disregard orders from his corner and instigate a clinch, where he would be more vulnerable to Paterson's wrestling skill. Harques will be undergoing severe disciplinary training for the following month, but rest assured, should Kenrick choose to sign on for the fight, Harques will be fully good and ready for him and set to display his dominance in the heavyweight scene. He will, by then, hopefully know the FULL risk of disobeying direct orders from his corner. From his trainers. From ME.

The Williams camp has issued a short statement regarding Harques' loss to Paterson.

Jolon Williams: This past loss was a tactical mistake, nothing more. Despite dominating the first round completely, Harques, for some reason beyond my comprehension, decided to disregard orders from his corner and instigate a clinch, where he would be more vulnerable to Paterson's wrestling skill. Harques will be undergoing severe disciplinary training for the following month, but rest assured, should Kenrick choose to sign on for the fight, Harques will be fully good and ready for him and set to display his dominance in the heavyweight scene. He will, by then, hopefully know the FULL risk of disobeying direct orders from his corner. From his trainers. From ME.

Rest assured dat once we is finished dealing wit administrative duties dat Kenrick WILL sign dat contract. In fact when Kenrick saw who was to be 'is next opponent he literally leaped into da air, inadvertantly jammed his big meat head troo da drop ceiling and yelled, "YEEEESSSS!!!" so loud dat da neighbors all woke up and came outside ta see what all da commotion was about... da fight contracts should all be in Steels office by first ting in da morning.

Official announcment from the Immortals New York fight organization

Ricky Warner: This morning, Immortals New York fight organization anounced that it will be having a 16 man tournament for the welterweight championship. The immortals CEO - Peel Steel said that following the, still unnamed card INY - 8 that the top 16 fighters who have fought at least one time in the organization will be entered into the tournament. Seeding will be done by random generation and the tournament will begin on March 4th on the INY - 9 card.

INY - 2 Davis vs. Tinsdell Event Review

Hello and welcome back. I’m your host Ricky Warner and I’m here to deliver for all you fight fans the review of the latest MMA event from the Immortals New York, INY - 2 Davis vs. Tinsdell. This was the first title match in this up and coming fight organization, and let me tell you it was a barn burner. So, I know you all want me to shut up and just get on with it, so here we go:

First up we had a welterweight bout between J.P. Damphousse and Mike Shields. Damphouse came out looking to secure the clinch and it didn’t take him long to do so, but shields was able to break out of it and move back to striking distance. Unfortuantely for him he just seemed a bit outclassed by Damphousse who proceeded to score takedowns and attempted a few sub attempts. Shields was able to defend well enough to prevent being submitted but was powerless to do much beyond just survive on the ground. The fight went to the judges and a Unanimous Decision win for Damphousse.

Next up saw two fighters making their debut in the Middleweight Division, Delroy Holmes vs. Niko Bellic. These two guys both looked like very solid strikers but very early in the fight Bellic went for and secured the takedown into guard and began working for submissions, completely dominating the first round of the fight. The second round Holmes kept the fight standing and had Bellic hurt late in the round and scoring a knockdown. The third round saw more action on the ground but this time Holmes was able to control the action on the ground and either escape back to the feet or force referee stand up and easily won the round on all the judges scorecards. Delroy Holmes wins his debut with a close Unanimous Decision.

The next fight saw two more debutants in the Heavyweight Division. This time it was Lord Viceroy of the Meyer Lansky camp taking on Aaron Franklin. These two guys were content to keep this fight standing and put on a solid display of striking skills. While both men seemed content to stand and bang it seemed that neither one had the ability to finish the other. The ToTT tells more than you know. It was the irresistible force meeting the immovable object ad Viceroy’s KO was just unable to break through the granite chin of Franklin. The bout went the distance with Franklin winning 30:27 on all three judges scorecards.

We returned to the Welterweight Division for this fight between Daniel McCraig and Kid Coke. Kid Coke consistently got the fight onto the ground but despite numerous attempts to control the pace and work for submissions was never able to pull off any of them. He was unable to completely control McDaniels either though as McDaniels attempted a few subs of his own even winning the second round on all three scorecards, but ultimately it was just too much to sway the entire fight and Kid Coke scores another win for the Don King Jr. camp by Unanimous Decision.

This next fight in the Light-Heavyweight Division pitted Joe Lack, in the first of three fights for the Shane Wellman camp on this card, against Saadi al Fayyad of the Jon Boogi stable. Saadi al Fayyad was able to keep the fight on the feet for the entire first round landing strikes from both range and in the clinch. In the second round al Fayyad started out much as he had in the first, but Lack was able to put him on the ground and try for numerous submissions which al Fayyad was miraculously able to defend against. In the third round al Fayyad was dominant. Clinching and striking with near impunity hurting Lack with an elbow which set up another series of strikes culminating with another elbow and two quick punches to end the fight. Saadi al Fayyad wins via Submission (Strikes). The fight of the night award went to these two fighters.

The second of three Shane Wellman fighters faced off with another Jon Boogi fighter in this bout in the Lightweight Division, as Shane Wellman Jr. took on the enigmatic Kasem Muang. Knowing how dangerous Wellman Jr. is on the ground, no doubt, Muang sought to close the distance and clinch with Wellman Jr. Interestingly Wellman Jr. seemed to be attempting to set up his takedowns with strikes, this tactic backfired spectacularly, though, as would be expected when faced with a much superior striker. Realizing his mistake Wellman Jr. did attempt to switch up and go for the takesdowns, which Muang was able to successfully stuff. Muang landed a big knee at just under two minutes in the round and Wellman Jr. was obviously rocked. Smelling blood in the water Muang moved in for the kill dropping Wellman Jr. with another knee to the head and pouncing on him landing strikes at will Wellman was knocked unconscious and Muang actually played to the crowd afterwards. This guy is such a showman. Muang moves to 2-0 with the TKO of Shane Wellman Jr.

In the Middleweight Division we had a match between Archie Fallon, the last of Jon Boogi’s fighters on this card taking on Andy Ridge of the DKJ camp. I know I predicted a first round KO in this fight, but I did not expect it be be as fast as this one. The DKJ stable of fighters all seem to have one primary weakness… Strikers. This one was no different. While it was already pretty well established that Archie Fallon had tremendous knockout power his complete destruction of Andy Ridge was still a bit astonishing. Ridge came out far too reckless in the opening seconds of this bout attempting to clinch up with Fallon, but this proved to be his downfall as Fallon was able to land a quick hook then and big left hand that clearly had Ridge hurt but before he could even hit the mat Fallon had landed several more strikes to the head and the ref called it eighteen seconds into the first round. This was definitely the KO of the night. Winner Archie Fallon TKO.

Two of the biggest men in the Immortals fight organization met in the Heavyweight Division for this fight. Kenrick Nikil from the Brunno Falcone camp and Rahziki Hendayko, the last of the Shane Wellman fighters in this event, finally met. Rahziki Hendayko called Kenrick out over a year ago in the VFC and for one reason or the other the fight was never able to be arranged. Until now. Kenrick looked to be the underdog in this match up. Hendayko has the better standup game, and is also a better Brazillian Jiu Jutsu practitioner. On paper it looked like Hendayko would take this fight and get back to even on his record. In practice Kenrick was able to score a takedown early and put Hendayko on his back. Even in the standup Kenrick surprised with a well executed punch that opened up a cut on Hendayko, returning the favor that Hendayko had just done for Nikil. Both now bloddied the fight went to the mat and Hendayko immediately tried to sub Nikil who was able to easily thwart all of Hendayko’s submission attempts. Following a referee standup Nikil easily checked the leg kicks, something he seemed incapable of doing against Commodore and secured a quick takedown again. This time he meant business though as he layed down some vicious ground and pound that ripped the cut on Hendayko’s face wide open and the referee called the doctor in to look at it. The doctor promptly called the fight. Winner, Kenrick Nikil TKO (Cuts).

Next up… the Co-main event of the evening, Harques Wolfwood vs. David Paterson in the heavily contested Heavyweight Division. This fight had much riding on it as the winner of this fight is set to take on the winner of the Armando Silvia vs. Derric Styles title fight. Harques Wolfwood clearly the better striker in this matchup as he attempted to keep the fight standing. He looked much better in this fight than in his fight with Silvia and he seemed to have become more disciplined then in the past. He worked technical stand up striking and completely dominated the first round knocking paterson down and opening a cut. Paterson seemed outclassed and out gunned, but the second round Paterson was able to control the action a bit better and was able to pull guard. From there it was just a matter of time for Wolfwood. He was unable to get the fight back to standing and Paterson was transitioning from one submission to another until he finally secured one on his third attempt. Locking in a Triangle and pulling down the head he made sure there was no getting out of that one. Paterson put Harques Wolfwood to sleep and became the number one contender for the Heavyweight title. Winner submission of the night, David Paterson Submission (Triangle).

The main event. The first ever title fight in the Immortals New York in the Light weight Division see Jon Davis of the Don King Jr. camp take on Anthony Tinsdell of the Brunno Falcone camp enter the cage. The wrestling skills of Jon Davis were a known threat to Tinsdell’s ambitions here tonight and it was justified. Jon Davis was able to secure takedown after takedown throughout all five rounds of this bout. Once there he was completely incapable of doing more than holding Tinsdell down. Tinsdell for hi part was unable to advance position or to work into a place where he could work his submission skills. He was able to completely control Davis however and insure that he was unable to advance or work for a submission either. The result was a grueling twenty-five minute wrestling match that ultimately went to the judges scorecards. Despite being hurt twice in the third round Tinsdell weathered the storm and showed his true heart. Tinsdell’s only real chance of victory happened in the fifth round when he scored a takedown of his own and dropped a little ground and pound. He was unable to advance from the position however, and he was not able to make any submission attempts. Due to Davis’s inactivity on the ground the fight was stood up and Davis secured an almost immediate takedown again. Despite managing to advance to mount he was unable to mount any serious offensive from the mount position and Tinsdell was able to prevent Davis from doing any damage. The fight ended in a Unanimous Decision in favor of the New Immortals New York Lightweight Champion! Jon Davis!

Hendayko had to go because of numerous reasons, im keeping lack for a bit though and def junior and i made a new fighter. ill be doing a preview of the 170 tournament if steel wants me too, thanks everyone

I look forward to it. I'd like to see your breakdowns of the weight divisions. You did a really good job with that when you did the Lightweight division over in the VFC. I'd like to see your thoughts and so on with all the weightclasses in here...

Bob Jones here ladies and gentlemen after a long stay away. I have recently done small interviews but it’s time for me to take on some larger things, the fans are begging more for it… eh er, kinda. So I promised to do the 170 division first so here ya go. (It’s set up like my old lightweight rankings column, I will first explain who is in line for a title shot, then the actual rankings I have of fighters, both are actually very different because of many factors)

This list here is the top contenders of the 170 division, no offense to the guys to this division but it is the most inexperienced group here. Not the least talented and least amount of potential for you guys with a 170 fighter, least experienced as you can all understand. Most only have a few fights under their belts, but they make up for it with hard work and dedicated managers. This list is the guys who are in line for a title with or without a tournament. (the list isn’t very long due to the lack of fighters in this division)

1. First is as expected, Tari Cunha vs. Donald Stewart winner. Both guys are tough and have worked their way up and this winner will be the favorite for the title or tournament winner.

2. Any veteran pretty much. Well any guy that used to fight for VFC and has a winning record is next up on the contender list, 3 to 4 guys to consider here. Maybe one upsets a favorite.

3. Throw any young guy in a title match that has a 1-0 record after upcoming matches, why not, maybe an upset happens and a guy becomes a beast.

(highly unlikely to happen)*4. Architect of Pain comes back and gets to fight for the throne, Dee Early seems to have moved on to UPG though but you never know.

Next is my rankings which is self explanatory.

1. Cunha- 3-0. a beast on the ground and at wrestling, will pound away at you and can even go for a submission or sweeps if needed. His stand up could be questionable to a sprawl and brawl fighter but so far no one can stop Cunha from taking themselves down.

2. Damphouse- 3-1. Tough BJJ fighter with a good manager. Better stand up too than Cunha, can be an exciting fighter to see grapple.

3. Stewart- 3-1. Wrestler, will face Cunha to see who deserves the #1 spot. His stand up is better but is still not a strength and it will be a tough fight to see if Stewart has what it takes.

4. Gabriel Rua- 2-1. Some may think he is a reach here, but the guy has the talent. Very well rounded, can take a fight many places.

5. Barry Honnam- 3-0. Not much known about him. Good manager, is undefeated, not much competition faced though. He should be in for a tough one against Kurt Vogel, if Honnam wins then he earns this spot. If he loses he drops to borderline top 10, big proving match for him here.

***(Message from Shane Wellman)- what rankings should I do next guys? Not LW or WW obviously. HW, LHW, or MW you guys’ pick.