Site Redesign Competition

I updated the old look to make it a more fitting one to the requirements, or so I hope :P

I kept the same style with the white/grey and just moved things around and added things to it to 'spice it up' as the desk etc. are now gone.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/MMAT3.png

Again feedback is welcome

• Upvote 2

I updated the old look to make it a more fitting one to the requirements, or so I hope :P

I kept the same style with the white/grey and just moved things around and added things to it to 'spice it up' as the desk etc. are now gone.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/MMATSite3Spoilerpage.png

Again feedback is welcome

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Great work.

best one's so far.

stick to what you know and you have 6,000 members?

go with the desk and you get 20,000 members its all about how you want the game to go , ok put it this way say for instance one of the big game companies came in and bought mike out , do you realy think the design would stay as a news site? because thats what it it , and coulors red white black? are wrong

never use a white background when building websites use off gray makes a massive diffrence , no black or white backgrounds these are fundimental errors , even changing the site coulors would make a big diffrence.

web design is a cut throat world , and sadly most people here are living in the 90s go with it do it , but at the end of the day your not going to attract new players , i said above its not what you may like but what others will like.

new users come on site see all the text and think fook this , this isnt me btw but your average user also owns a game console and you need to target them plain and simple.

we can go on about this for months but you need to decide what audience your targeting , and go with that idea , but i honestly thought you wanted more players

you wnt get them with the text bassed option , if this option worked there would be a lot more members than we have now so changing coulors isnt going to make a diffrence , you need to overhaul the

entire site and its not as much work as you may think

somone posted a very good mobile phone pic , now look at my desk and why not use the both , when you click on the moible on my desk you go to the other mobile pic? , this is easy to do.

everything that is already in the game could be used in a point and click site , for instance again , you had a fight tonight , the mobile phone on your desk has a msg. so it buzzes or uses a ring tone , you pick it up and then get taken to fight commentary.

if i bought this game off mike this is how i would go , and i would expect 20,000 players within a year , but its all down to how you want to market it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd probably my final based on the designs I've put in so far. I made this one even more close to what we have now and simply added bigger buttons. The colours can be changed to whatever, but I just wanted to go with these I got now :P

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/MMAT4.png

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/MMAT4.png

The biggest difference are the buttons clearly. This is probably the easiest to go with when it comes to coding and such

• Upvote 1

I'd have to say Warbringer is closer to nailing it then any of the others so far I believe. It keeps with the same simplicity that the original has. I'd like to see a lighter shade for the background though, think it's a bit too dark.

--

Mickey

I just cant bielive what people are writing here?

a site redisign is just that , not changing buttons or coulors

i did say i like the retro feel of the site as it is now , but hang on BIG BUT , everything posted is sub par , i mean its not good enough

reality check here , nobody has come up with a good idea here , sorry if i piss people off but just saying it as it is.

i liked the mobile aproach but all else are changing buttons ? pfffft!

not good and not great people , by all means slate me but i speak the truth

i honestly though we would get better feedback , maybee the instructions were not clear enough , SITE REDESIGN not button or coulor redesign.

up your game people because so far its not even close

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I don't think the site looks dated at all, but I agree that some ease-of-navigation improvements are needed. Moving stuff out of the icons would help, since they kind of conceal information rather than making it easier to access.

Maybe it's the color that really looks dated, as opposed to the layout and functionality? White/Red/Black isn't really as bold and striking as it used to be.

I just cant bielive what people are writing here?

a site redisign is just that , not changing buttons or coulors

i did say i like the retro feel of the site as it is now , but hang on BIG BUT , everything posted is sub par , i mean its not good enough

reality check here , nobody has come up with a good idea here , sorry if i piss people off but just saying it as it is.

i liked the mobile aproach but all else are changing buttons ? pfffft!

not good and not great people , by all means slate me but i speak the truth

i honestly though we would get better feedback , maybee the instructions were not clear enough , SITE REDESIGN not button or coulor redesign.

up your game people because so far its not even close

While I agree with you that there is probably a lot more to come from this thread, I think you're just flat-out wrong in saying that changing colours, backgrounds and positions of elements doesn't constitute a redesign.

To be honest, I think that the only things that are going to *work* are the designs that only slightly tweak the existing site.

• Upvote 1

Personally I think if we take Warbringers and just make it a skin with blue, green, red, yellow and all of those things would be amazing. Then the player could choose whichever skin they prefer. Then also give them the option of staying with the theme we have now.

Then you could also choose different layouts as they are created. That way each layout can have different skins and what not. This as a whole will make the layout totally customizable for everyone and they can choose what they like.

Guys, you should do yourselves a favor and go to a website that sells templates and compare those that what you are producing. They aren't at an acceptable level. You have to be realistic. A professional website deserves a professional layout. There are more than two fonts and not every button has to look like it's made with FrontPage.

• Downvote 1

Everyone can bitch and moan, how about showing some examples of what you expect instead? Some constructive feedback is more than welcome instead of claiming you know exactly what works and what doesn't, when you can't even show us an example of it.

As for 'professional designs', well, I am sure the majority of who has entered or will enter, are not professionals and simply are trying to help out here by putting in effort by making some designs of what they think is right.

Are the designs posted all final designs? Of course not, there can be a lot tweaking done to them to make them better hence we need proper feedback. Maybe some of the guys that know what is needed can actually chip in themselves too by making a design, or as mentioned before, show us some examples to lead us on the right path.

Also this seems what Mike wants;

A light colour design - including green

Design has to work on all pages, and are the same feel and basic layout

Site's main content HAS to be on white

Big-ish buttons

And of course everything posted in the first post of this thread.

There has been little to none designs fitting to that.

I was thinking of making one more design closer to what is prefered and we'll see how that goes. Perhaps in the meantime, we'll see some examples flow in to help.

• Upvote 1

I'll work on some stuff tonight and post my ideas.

i for one am mostly in agreement with MrBlack, as painful as that is to say. Really not digging much of what has been posted so far. The design needs to grab new players, while not completely turning off the old guard. It needs to be simplified in my opinion. If I hadn't had a friend playing when i first came to the site a couple years ago ... i would have immediately hit a the back button when i saw all of the text.

Everyone can bitch and moan, how about showing some examples of what you expect instead? Some constructive feedback is more than welcome instead of claiming you know exactly what works and what doesn't, when you can't even show us an example of it.

As for 'professional designs', well, I am sure the majority of who has entered or will enter, are not professionals and simply are trying to help out here by putting in effort by making some designs of what they think is right.

Are the designs posted all final designs? Of course not, there can be a lot tweaking done to them to make them better hence we need proper feedback. Maybe some of the guys that know what is needed can actually chip in themselves too by making a design, or as mentioned before, show us some examples to lead us on the right path.

Also this seems what Mike wants;

A light colour design - including green

Design has to work on all pages, and are the same feel and basic layout

Site's main content HAS to be on white

Big-ish buttons

And of course everything posted in the first post of this thread.

There has been little to none designs fitting to that.

I was thinking of making one more design closer to what is prefered and we'll see how that goes. Perhaps in the meantime, we'll see some examples flow in to help.

Couldn't agree more. They criticize and complain about everything while they've added absolutely no designs or no ideas. I'm not even sure why they're posting.

Well, I must have missed the part about the tradional website haha, as I went a bit from that, BUT perhaps this could still work? This is my first draft of my design anyways so here we go!

^The page is on the profile page with all the little details there.

I used the old buttons and such which will get replaced. There are some additional effects going over it to make it all work together a bit more.

Also, the size of the spoiler page, and other pages are not looking optimal, but its just to give you an idea of where it would go.

With me just reading abuot the traditional website, I probably need to go in and make another design instead.

Feedback is more than welcome though!!!!

Looks great! My opinion is that it would be better if you get the buttons for the spoiler/news/contracts..etc to be colored so it will be easier to notice. Just like the one you made. :D Anyhow, it looks great man good job!